NFU Mutual Employee Reviews

A good company to work for
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre,6 August 2019
I enjoyed the variety of tasks my job entailed from opening post, updating client details, filing, retrieving files , cover reception when required working within a team
Fast paced and fun workplace
Sales Advisor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chippenham27 July 2019
Selling Insurance policies for home, car, travel, liability and other motor vehicles. Helping people get the right cover for them at the best price possible. I also was part of the retention team trying to keep existing customers at their renewal and spent some weekends at shows such as Badminton working on our own stand promoting our services.
Pros
Getting to attend shows and fast paced environment
Cons
Low job satisfaction
Not like it used to be
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Larne21 June 2019
I worked for this Company for many years. The management have become very jealous of my success and started making life difficult. This Company needs to take a look at the management at bottom level
Pros
Reputation
Cons
Demands
Busy and pressurised
Secretary to Claims Management Team (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon18 June 2019
Busy environment with a lot of organisation and planning. A lot of day to day changes as well as cultural changes. Needed to be flexible in approach to work. Very pressurised with a lot of deadlines.
good culture
Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire12 June 2019
promote work life balance. aim to be a great place to work. encourage flexible working. subsidised coffee. lots of team building days. directors are visible, no corner office.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
pay
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon4 June 2019
Great British company and good colleagues. Office location is great. It is easy to commute to. Role I did was delivery focused and I really enjoyed my time.
A good place to work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire24 May 2019
Good work life balance, a company that genuinely wants to do best for its employees, with a test and learn culture. Always a place that offers you opportunities to develop.
Great company to work for, or used to be
Sales and Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 May 2019
I have worked at NFU Mutual for many years now and whilst it still is the best place I have ever worked and there are still many benefits to the job, they have allowed their own standards to drop and created a place that is more stressful and difficult to work in - purely due, I would say, to bad management or unrealistic goals and putting pressure onto staff to do more in less time.

Also, as a mutual, the company is supposed to create profit for the policyholders (customers) however, every year the directors and CEO seem to claim bigger and more bonuses for themselves and then outright refuse to pay all of their staff equally.

I would still recommend it as a place to work - maybe because I have been there so long I am just more sensitive to the changes but I do believe the changes they have made are more detrimental than beneficial.
Pros
Free fruit, development opportunities, fun at work days
Cons
Lack of staff, constant moving of the goal post, paying new staff more than existing
Great place for work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk11 May 2019
I really enjoyed my time at NFU Mutual Ipswich, working with a great team of people and being able to see how such a successful and well renowned insurance company runs.
Pros
great people
Cons
It was a good place to work
Insurance Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cirencester12 March 2019
In a typical day I took calls from prospective customers and advised them of the products available and gave quotes for them, Existing customers might call up to make changes to their policies or make claims and I would deal with that.I dealt with paperwork and I would distribute incoming post and frank outgoing post in time to be taken away.
I learned that although it might not be as cost effective as some, the NFU didn't quibble about paying out for genuine claims and I thought it a very fair company that I was proud to work for.
Workplace culture was good. We all supported each other in our daily tasks.
The only hard part of the job was the E-Learning but it enhanced my knowledge.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers over the phone and being able to help with their queries.
Pros
Outstanding workplace in a beautiful area
Call Centre
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire13 February 2019
A phone based call centre, where overtime of 2 hours a day is generally expected.

The calls are a priority over everything.

Management are inconsistent and a lot of important news is spread by hear-say.
Pros
Good pay and bonuses, free coffee and tea
Cons
Overtime is expected, staff aren't valued
Customer Service Adviser - Glasgow
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 February 2019
I have to say that NFU has to be the worst place I have ever worked.

The managers are so unhelpful, they won’t take calls when asked to do so and to be honest with you they are clueless and don’t provide you with any help / support or guidance to assist you in developing your career.

The Members of staff who work there are very ignorant and disgusting and the hours you are required to work are a disgrace along with the pay.

My advice would be to find an alternative employer as it’s a face fits environment and if yours doesn’t then you will be targeted.
Pros
Cons
Managers, Pay, Hours or Work
NFU Mutual
Agency (Current Employee) –  Southwest London, Greater London30 January 2019
Good company, good career progression and stable. I have learnt alot of skills and the training programme is good.
They could do with updating their computer system as not easy to follow for compliance purposes
Pros
flexible
Cons
not my cup of tea but really nice place to work
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION APPRENTICE (Current Employee) –  Crediton28 January 2019
I have been an apprentice here since July and it has been a really eye opening experience.
however this type of job doesn't really suit me as I prefer to be doing something different each day.
Insurance Adviser (Former Employee) –  Gloucester24 January 2019
I am unable to review the company as an employee as i did not work directly for them. I worked for an agency and it would not be correct for me to rate NFU Mutual
great place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hereford27 November 2018
great place to work, colleagues are amazing and they have lots of laughs. Lots and lots of training to be undertaken. All in all a goo place to work.
Pros
good people
Cons
training
Great work culture and relaxed atmosphere
Claims Validation Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 November 2018
My work require investigation of the link and organised personal injury fraud. I am involving in claims repudiation and securing saving for the company.

I have learned many skills and gained experience in project implementation , coaching , audit, general insurance and liability as well as report writing, claims investigation and fraud detection. Also data analysis and process improvement as well as risk assessment.
Pros
Flexi time, yearly bonus, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Recognition, Development and career
Avoid
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 November 2018
I hated working for this company. I was taken on a fixed term contract and stayed for 6 months as an admin in central support. In that time I was given the equivalent of about 1 month's work, if that. I got pretty good at pretending to look busy - utterly mind numbing. I genuinely felt like my presence in the office was pointless and a couple of miserable women and the regional director in my office made it unbearable. Working for this company was about as enjoyable as a root canal and I learnt zilch. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
The management
Eye for detail
ELTO Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Wellesbourne Hastings12 November 2018
This is a temp job and the team i work with are great and make the job easier to do. Working hours are good. Due to the nature of the job and data protection i can't go into detail as to what we do without breaking the data protection act.
Good Job Security but salaries are not competitive
Senior Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 October 2018
Company tries to do the right thing for its employees but not when it comes to the main reason we work there....salary. Too many times good employees leave as the company are reluctant to pay the current market salary
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFU Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.