NFU Mutual Employee Reviews

Great work culture and relaxed atmosphere
Claims Validation Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 November 2018
My work require investigation of the link and organised personal injury fraud. I am involving in claims repudiation and securing saving for the company.

I have learned many skills and gained experience in project implementation , coaching , audit, general insurance and liability as well as report writing, claims investigation and fraud detection. Also data analysis and process improvement as well as risk assessment.
Pros
Flexi time, yearly bonus, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Recognition, Development and career
Avoid
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 November 2018
I hated working for this company. I was taken on a fixed term contract and stayed for 6 months as an admin in central support. In that time I was given the equivalent of about 1 month's work, if that. I got pretty good at pretending to look busy - utterly mind numbing. I genuinely felt like my presence in the office was pointless and a couple of miserable women and the regional director in my office made it unbearable. Working for this company was about as enjoyable as a root canal and I learnt zilch. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
The management
Eye for detail
ELTO Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Wellesbourne Hastings12 November 2018
This is a temp job and the team i work with are great and make the job easier to do. Working hours are good. Due to the nature of the job and data protection i can't go into detail as to what we do without breaking the data protection act.
Good Job Security but salaries are not competitive
Senior Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 October 2018
Company tries to do the right thing for its employees but not when it comes to the main reason we work there....salary. Too many times good employees leave as the company are reluctant to pay the current market salary
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Poor salary
Excellent benefits
Sales & Service Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 October 2018
Starting out with NFU Mutual, it was a very relaxed and comfortable working environment with incentives and a small motivated work staff. As the company grew, the office took on more of a call centre atmosphere which, if you are suited to that type of role, NFU mutual will invest in their staff.
Pros
Team Building days
Cons
Capped Bonus
A Great Place to Work
HR (Former Employee) –  midlands22 October 2018
A great company to work for, good colleagues and a good values based culture.
If Stratford based, opportunities for development are good, slightly harder if you work away from HO.
Pros
Cons
Development Options if not based at HO
Great people, but a deeply silo'd management structure
Lead BA and then Data Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire3 September 2018
NFU Mutual is full of really nice people, and takes care of them well - especially the permanent staff. The head office buildings are in lovely settings, and Stratfor upon Avon is a nice little town. NFUM is in many ways a throwback to the late 20th century, for both good and bad: good people care; bad politics. Each Director works for their own division, but getting any of them to truly cooperate for an overall benefit is nigh on impossible. And they are inclined to be status-conscious and work up and down the hierarchy. To quote a colleague, people there have long toes (so it's easy to step on them)!
Pros
Good locations in Head Office; friendly people
Cons
Poor salary structure and a lot of politics
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough15 August 2018
Unchallenged & Motivated no company benefits.
Small Office
Good training
Good Location good parking.
Quiet environment.
No Progression in the office.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
No late nights
Loved It
Senior Technical Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk24 July 2018
Work life balance was perfect. Flex time was an added benefit and salary very competitive for Norwich. Sadly they consolidated some of their regional offices and Norwich was closed. If I hadn't been made redundant, I wouldn't have left.
Fantastic place to work
Sales & Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  glasgow27 June 2018
This is by far the best job i have ever had. great place to work and learn and also a great support network and brilliant for meeting new collegues who the go on to become great friends

Want to know more about NFU Mutual?

Ask a question
Management Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 June 2018
I'm made to feel I'm not just a number and that I'm also a person, my voice gets heard and my opinions count. Throughout my career I've been lucky enough to have a brilliant manager who coached and encouraged me every day. It empowered me and made me believe in the NFU Mutual Values, it made me feel proud to work here and want to strive to do even better. Great career opportunities and training, you are actively encouraged to grow and push yourself. The people are at the heart of everything. The best part of my job is the people and the culture.
Lost identity
Insurance Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Challow8 May 2018
Was a fantastic company that rewarded loyalty, however with management structure changes the company became like all other insurance companies and began losing identity
Customer Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire4 April 2018
Nfu mutual is one of those companies you have always heard of, but probably not been made fully aware of what they do.

Specialising in farming customers and rural based members. The NFU Mutual do not have shareholders. Its members are its customers.

This means the companies profits are reinvested into the business with the members gaining discounts based on previous years performance.

The bonus scheme for colleagues is very good in the mutual with colleagues able to earn upto 10%. Everyone gets the same bonus unless in a managerial role where apportioned personal performance is also considered.

The mutual is in the process of change and bringing forward its practices into the modern era in order to become more competitive in the market.
Pros
Great facilities and welfare of staff
Cons
Progression limited depending on your role and area.
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milford Haven26 March 2018
Good company to work for overall. Excellent training program. No real career progression opportunities. Bonus is paid quarterly which is none existent for the first two quarters.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wales24 March 2018
Good company to work for but lacks staff promotion .

Typical day would consist of selling all insurance products, making changes to exciting policies, dealing with query,; intimate, process and manage office claims.

During my time I have meet some interesting and lovely people who are all based around your area. This makes you feel part of the community. I have also learnt to understand and appreciate each individuals circumstances and in doing so I have tried to help in the best way I can.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No company progression
Great Place To Work
HR (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire21 March 2018
This is a company which is great to work for. They’re growing, its busy and the people are fantastic....I’m my experience you get out of this company what you put in. Work hard, have ambition and ask your manager to support you to get to the next level...sometimes that’s development in role.
Pros
A great bunch of people and they’re growing as a business.
Cons
The location mightn’t suit everyone
NFU Mutual
Agency (Current Employee) –  Southwest London, Greater London17 January 2018
Good company, good career progression and stable. I have learnt alot of skills and the training programme is good.
They could do with updating their computer system as not easy to follow for compliance purposes
Pros
flexible
Cons
Great organisation to work for
Equine Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire10 January 2018
Great organisation to work for. The NFU Mutual offers good benefits to its employees as well advice on career progression and skills development. Learnt a lot working for this organisation.
Indifferent
Commercial Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stagsden, Bedfordshire21 November 2017
Slightly behind in all aspects of a modern day office. NFU mutual has its own process to train staff - training courses and tests to pass prior to selling products. These products are exclusive to NFU only... So if you are studying CII, be prepared to put that on a backburner for a long time.
Understaffed
Overworked
No recognition for work done.
Focus on individuals shortfalls.
No scope for progression, absolute zero.
Average age in the office = approx 52 years old.
No clear direction.
Emotionally driven management, who are quick to point fingers and not provide support UNLESS ASKED! This is not what I expect from management. My previous manager was absolutely perfect. I honestly do not think I will ever have a manager like that ever again.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Understaffed. Old fashioned. Cliquey mentality. Poor support structure. more cons than pros
Fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire29 October 2017
Good solid place to work good hours friendly staff standard office work which can be dull flexible working hours no weekends or evenings all in all pretty decent
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Office work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFU Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.