NFU Mutual

NFU Mutual Employee Reviews

United Kingdom124 reviews
If your face didnt fit or you did not match their strange personalities or was not into gossip you would go nowhere. One of the worst places I have worked as far as management were but the team members in the majority were great
Pros
Break rooms, overtime, training
Cons
The pay your receive for the role is shocking. Compliance is be all and end all, so if you make mistakes, you likely to be sacked. The stress just isn’t worth it.

Managment care more about the money coming in than progressing you and looking after you
Pros
9-5 job
Cons
Too much stress
It is without doubt one of the most supportive and collaborative environments that I have ever worked in. All of my colleagues across the business have been welcoming and always have time to give their advice or expertise.

If you are the kind of person that enjoys professional development, then there is the opportunity to volunteer for projects and to get involved in things that help you to develop.

Looking across the business I see multiple examples of colleagues who have progressed their careers into other areas of the business from that which they originally started.

The training and development is exemplary. There are online platforms that have support on virtually any topic you can think of, supported by a large learning and development function for face to face courses.

Communication has been strong. I never feel like I don't know what is happening in the business and there are good internal comms at both a function and corporate level.

The Head Office in Stratford is an amazing space, with lots of room to walk amongst the grounds at lunchtime and get away from your desk. Not to mentione a subsidised canteen with Costa Coffee.

You are well looked after here with strong benefits and a pension of upto 20%.

Well Done NFU Mutual, you make us feel valued and the work we do important.
Pros
Great benefits, room to progress, subsidised canteen, excellent communication.
Cons
As you can imagine, in a business of this size and scale, it can be difficult to make changes happen straight away.

You are well looked after here with strong benefits and a pension of upto 20%.

Well Done NFU Mutual, you make us feel valued and the work we do important.
Pros
Great benefits, room to progress, subsidised canteen, excellent communication.
Cons
Really lovely group of people to work with, very busy position with lots of juggling but always helpful. Lots of training both online and face to face.
Can sometimes be challenging working to deadlines but with good organisation can be easily sorted. Training is always available if needed.working for this company is mostly enjoyable but can sometimes be stressful as with all companies.
The best call center to work in. Doesn't feel like a call center, great managers, people would do anything for each other. great customers.

overall a good place to work. competitive salary etc.
Made decision to take job once i saw the swimming pool in the basement, made decision to leave job when they announced it was to be demolished for a business meeting room, very good audit and record keeping, good interdepartmental comms and relations, accuracy more important than speed, only negative was the costa coffee shop in the building (more expensive than the high street costa!)

Perfect job arrive at 7am, swim for an hour then start work at 8am, go home at 4pm, had all the tools and resources needed to complete my tasks, which is rare in a finance dept.
Pros
Did i mention the swimming pool?
Cons
Agency paid me late on nine seperate occasions, took 6 weeks to get my holiday pay from them.
Busy. Intense. Rewarding. Hardest part is getting everything done in a timely manner. Varied day always differences in each case. You speak to a variety of clients.
Not always understanding when it comes to health issues but still a good company to work for. Always happy for you to explore other areas of the business for personal development but some customers can be difficult.
great company, and are very supportive when going through a hard time.

positive and enthusiastic also driven to succeed and improve the current ratings and widen the customer base.
Good place to work. Friendly people, friendly managers. Hard to move up, but opportunities for sideways movement. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Lovely staff. Thumbs up from me.
16 years of good work, for me. Positive career moves, lots of training, a great place to work and wonderful personal and career development opportunities.
Used to be a fun place to work and provided an old fashioned service but now become sell sell sell and not listening to customers. Staff not paid enough for the hours they work. Suitable for young people but don't look after their long standing loyal employees
Very relaxed and collaborative place to work. Good for long-term career progression and I believe the benefits were very good too. Not so much of a leading-edge / dynamic environment though but depends what you're after.
Was good to start of with but once in and settled was tough and also changed.
No sympathy given if you have family needs to time off.

Managed poorly by individuals and made to feel bad of you have a opinion.

Very demanding job and agencies don’t like speaking to agents
Interviewed for a PA position appointed and when started the job I was asked to sell insurance.
Interview technique was clearly poor to have appointed a qualified PA for a position advertised as a PA but actually required a sales person. Wasted everybodys time.
Great place to work.
Great company to do business with.

Sustainable, profitable growth.

It was a good job and I really enjoyed working there. All of my colleagues were great.
With the type job role, you have to be so compliant that you can not relax and enjoy the job as you are continuously being monitored. The salary of min wage is poor and does not justify the job role.
A typical day at work at NFU was based around customer service and sales. I learned how to analyse risk of fraud, retention and targets. Management was superb and there is always help when needed. The environment was friendly and we had many benefits to working here such as fun days out, Christmas parties and bonuses. The hardest part of the job was trying to gain sales, interaction with the customers was easy and managing to sell the policy was also however the underwriters were extremely strict. I found it hard to sell policies as every one had to be approved by our underwriters. Customers found it offensive when the first action you take is to check their postcode and determine whether they live in a wealthy area. I enjoyed this job as you are constantly having a conversation with a customer, you benefit from your hard work and I found friends for life.
A yearly evaluation is the perfect time to set clear goals for your professional development. For example, if you want to progress to a higher level, you will need to take on extra tasks and prove that you have what it takes.

Through the two-way discussion with your manager, you’ll be able to identify and set clear goals for the following year. It will also give you something to base your progress on, which will help when it comes to the following year’s review.