NFU Mutual Employee Reviews

Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough15 August 2018
Unchallenged & Motivated no company benefits.
Small Office
Good training
Good Location good parking.
Quiet environment.
No Progression in the office.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
No late nights
Loved It
Senior Technical Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk24 July 2018
Work life balance was perfect. Flex time was an added benefit and salary very competitive for Norwich. Sadly they consolidated some of their regional offices and Norwich was closed. If I hadn't been made redundant, I wouldn't have left.
Fantastic place to work
Sales & Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  glasgow27 June 2018
This is by far the best job i have ever had. great place to work and learn and also a great support network and brilliant for meeting new collegues who the go on to become great friends
Management Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 June 2018
I'm made to feel I'm not just a number and that I'm also a person, my voice gets heard and my opinions count. Throughout my career I've been lucky enough to have a brilliant manager who coached and encouraged me every day. It empowered me and made me believe in the NFU Mutual Values, it made me feel proud to work here and want to strive to do even better. Great career opportunities and training, you are actively encouraged to grow and push yourself. The people are at the heart of everything. The best part of my job is the people and the culture.
Lost identity
Insurance Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Challow8 May 2018
Was a fantastic company that rewarded loyalty, however with management structure changes the company became like all other insurance companies and began losing identity
Customer Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire4 April 2018
Nfu mutual is one of those companies you have always heard of, but probably not been made fully aware of what they do.

Specialising in farming customers and rural based members. The NFU Mutual do not have shareholders. Its members are its customers.

This means the companies profits are reinvested into the business with the members gaining discounts based on previous years performance.

The bonus scheme for colleagues is very good in the mutual with colleagues able to earn upto 10%. Everyone gets the same bonus unless in a managerial role where apportioned personal performance is also considered.

The mutual is in the process of change and bringing forward its practices into the modern era in order to become more competitive in the market.
Pros
Great facilities and welfare of staff
Cons
Progression limited depending on your role and area.
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milford Haven26 March 2018
Good company to work for overall. Excellent training program. No real career progression opportunities. Bonus is paid quarterly which is none existent for the first two quarters.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wales24 March 2018
Good company to work for but lacks staff promotion .

Typical day would consist of selling all insurance products, making changes to exciting policies, dealing with query,; intimate, process and manage office claims.

During my time I have meet some interesting and lovely people who are all based around your area. This makes you feel part of the community. I have also learnt to understand and appreciate each individuals circumstances and in doing so I have tried to help in the best way I can.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No company progression
Great Place To Work
HR (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire21 March 2018
This is a company which is great to work for. They’re growing, its busy and the people are fantastic....I’m my experience you get out of this company what you put in. Work hard, have ambition and ask your manager to support you to get to the next level...sometimes that’s development in role.
Pros
A great bunch of people and they’re growing as a business.
Cons
The location mightn’t suit everyone
NFU Mutual
Agency (Current Employee) –  Southwest London, Greater London17 January 2018
Good company, good career progression and stable. I have learnt alot of skills and the training programme is good.
They could do with updating their computer system as not easy to follow for compliance purposes
Pros
flexible
Cons
Great organisation to work for
Equine Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire10 January 2018
Great organisation to work for. The NFU Mutual offers good benefits to its employees as well advice on career progression and skills development. Learnt a lot working for this organisation.
Indifferent
Commercial Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stagsden, Bedfordshire21 November 2017
Slightly behind in all aspects of a modern day office. NFU mutual has its own process to train staff - training courses and tests to pass prior to selling products. These products are exclusive to NFU only... So if you are studying CII, be prepared to put that on a backburner for a long time.
Understaffed
Overworked
No recognition for work done.
Focus on individuals shortfalls.
No scope for progression, absolute zero.
Average age in the office = approx 52 years old.
No clear direction.
Emotionally driven management, who are quick to point fingers and not provide support UNLESS ASKED! This is not what I expect from management. My previous manager was absolutely perfect. I honestly do not think I will ever have a manager like that ever again.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Understaffed. Old fashioned. Cliquey mentality. Poor support structure. more cons than pros
Fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire29 October 2017
Good solid place to work good hours friendly staff standard office work which can be dull flexible working hours no weekends or evenings all in all pretty decent
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Office work
Low morale, low paid, no career progressions
Sales and service associate (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff26 October 2017
They will treat you like school children, you do not feel valued working at NFU. No career opportunities, dead-end call center. Working late shift, most Saturdays.
Pros
On site parking
Cons
Low pay, late shift, Saturday shift, no career progressions, unrealistic target
Intern (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon20 October 2017
Good employer. They expect you to do the job but don't run you into the ground. The workload is reasonable and there is help availiable if you need it
Mediocre
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire10 October 2017
Not overly taxing work but in a small office could get very petty behaviour from some staff which made days awkward. Training wasnt the best it could be.
n/a
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire1 October 2017
I was a Contractor so cant comment on the company benefits and I dont know how to get out of this box and by pass this section so will keep writing until I can.
Varied
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Coventry2 September 2017
Collecting monies either via cash or card payments, setting up direct debits to pay for the clients insurance policies.

Training staff with the software used in account.
Pros
Cheaper insurance
Cons
Lack of strong leadership
Downhill
Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 August 2017
I returned to NFU prior to working for their subsidiary company Avon insurance.

Have worked in insurance for "6 years. Change of management made things difficult.
Pros
Flexi-time
All work, no life.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2017
A typical day starts at 8am ends 10'sh in the evening.

The local management I found to be honest and helpful, however the middle and more senior management are remote and arrogant (the more recent members are not interested in your views or concerns, all appear to be more interested in building their empire rather than growing the business).

The best part of the job is working with your local colleagues and clients - who are great hard working loyal people.

The hardest part are the hours and the toll on your health and family life.
Pros
Secure, client focused.
Cons
Very tough on family and partner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFU Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.