NFU Mutual Agencies

NFU Mutual Agencies Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
Somewhat enjoyed working here. Converted quotes to Sales in Motor Insurance. Various Admin duties. Mon to Fri with the weekends off.
Working for the NFU Mutual varies a lot between agencies. Each agency employs their staff directly and runs their agency in their own chosen way. These agencies are then representatives of NFU Mutual as a whole.

The agency where I am employed offer excellent training, continued professional development and the chance for progression. The working environment is enjoyable and the pay is good for the role level. We are expected to upsell and cross sell products and financial services to our existing customers and as long as you are prepare to do this you will enjoy the role.
I have worked at the West Essex branch in Takeley for 3 years and its the best place i've ever worked at. They give you lots of opportunities to progress and learn. The agents are very knowledgeable and are always willing to help you when you need. The office is a very friendly place to work and we have a lot of team outings as well as the cutest office dog. All NFU Mutual offices are different as you are employed by the agents of that office so i cant speak for all of them but i can really recommend the Takeley Branch.
Working for an agency you are working for a small company, in this you get the benefit of having a close relationship directly with who pays your wages. Where I worked you were driven to succeed and given a lot of opportunity, however never felt under pressure. Would really depend on the individual agency, but in my experience all the Scottish ones are great!
Extremely poor management.
Zero progression

Micromanaged

Zero benefits with low salary

Training is unsupported. Once you pass a test you are expected to know it all without any help.

High turnaround of staff, so no one really knows what they are doing

Very clicky management

No HR support since there is no HR department!
Pros
Parking
Cons
Zero support
No break allowance, boring environment, watched liked hawks, treated like robots. Bosses unhappy, no help provided, People always ringing in sick because everyone hates it there.
Cons
from day to day working with clients and colleagues. worked as an individual and as part of a team. enjoyed working with people and helping to provide a good service and improving customer experience.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
staffing levels