NFT Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
A once family style ran business now designed and developed around the profite margins and making 20 million by 2020 at any cost.
Staff are demoralised, tired, and unhappy. Vastly experienced staff are leaving without the slightest hindrance and replacing them has proven difficult due to the duties and wages being massively out of touch with today's market leaders.

Poor management has wasted company funds which again has been recovered by offering no pay increase to the dedicated or imprisoned staff.

Unfortunately the systems used and procedures they follow are heavy opposing magnets that slow you down and work against you with management giving no quarter for error within an environment riddled with issues.

The majority of people are decent and easy to get on with but are often stressed and unable to help.

All in all the company has much to offer but at this moment in time your entering dark tunnels with no lights at the end of any, hopefully someone will find the light switch soon.
Pros
Company discounts at various locations.
Cons
Poor training, development, communications, leadership, wages.
Working at NFT was fun and focused I was a picker so I had to get a crate and fill it up while taking orders on my Bluetooth headset it was a company supplying to Sainsbury so what ever you saw at Sainsbury we used to pack it up and ship it out to different branches across the country
company was brilliant years ago,always been long hours but was a good crack.not anymore management poor pay not gone up.easy work ifyou become a zombie for them they have microlise in all trucks youll spen more time on that or answering stupid questions about your day.they losing contracts all the time customers unhappy drivers unhappy even office staff unhappy losing drivers weekly avoid
Very bad place to work for. Lack of help from management team only one thing is important for them. How to use and abuse the working stuff because the targets is so hard to achive. I'm not recomend this place to my worst enemy.
Very nice cooperation, very helpful people. Picking products for Sainsbury's stores. Work hard but in a group of nice people. Nice work but in too cold environment
Worse place ever a lot asian Pakistani rude people who s shouting and treat you low a management who doesn't know how are treated their staff the bulling in this work place is present i don't advice anyone to try here i was full time contract doing my target but the environment it's worse
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
not a long shift but very heavy lifting
Back in the day when we were owned by Northern Foods it was a tough but fair job. You worked hard and the pay was decent. You also had a good relationship and rubbed along well with the majority of your managers.

Unfortunately, things changed after the buyout. Targets became unrealistic. Old staff who worked under better contracts then new starters were continually harrassed and bullied by a management that were happy to see them leave, so as to employ cheaper Labour under inferior contracts.

All in all it changed from a good job to a living nightmare. The day I left I felt an overwhelming feeling of relief . My wife even commented on the all round change in my demeanor and was as happy as I was that I had left this living Hades.
Pros
Under the present regime there are none.
Cons
Extreme work targets and a culture of harassment and bullying from management.
The job it’s self is easy. Apart from Lidl and Aldi. Aldi tip yourself ok
Lidl tip a full load and split pallets down yourself I had 20 pallets ended up with 41 pallets. Management hassle you non- stop. Pay is rubbish £115 a day shift start from 9pm- 8am 18 days holiday a year. Trailers are dustbins on wheels and same units are nice but 85% are skips full of dirty rubbish . Been there a month broken down 3-4 times run you to the max . Avoid honestly. It’s ok for a stop gap. You run RDC to RDC manly oh you never have the same unit twice. Beds are broken and dirty. A lot of stains on bed.
Pros
Easy job to RDC
Cons
Management, wage, trucks long hours.
staff were rude especially the managers and team leaders , the Temp managers were rude and didnt have a clue what they were doing and would never get paid on time
Poor management, they don't look after yourself. Been there for a year without a proper PPE that should be provided by the company since the beginning. They expect you to be a multi task in a busy yard when shunting, heavy environment and some angry drivers around that take a p*ss on you. The good part, is the shift patterns and the salary. Apart from it, nothing else matters.
Pros
Salary
Cons
lovely place to work but I need to expand or venture out , but I feel the place could do with better systems of work and inject some fresh blood to come up with better and bigger ideas
Where do I start, unroadworthy vehicles that are not maintained or repaired. Cabs that resemble skips. Heavy manual handling, long waits for loads to be ready or units to be available. The average 10 hours a day that you are employed for is usually 12+ (all at a flat daily rate of £120). You are supposed to receive a fuel and performance bonus every four weeks but this can be upto three months late and is always less than it should be. Only a total 18 days holiday per year. Any overtime is paid at flat rate and does not effect holiday pay. I could go on but you get the picture. I really wish to be positive but unfortunately there is very, very little to recommend.
Pros
Cons
See above
I worked at this company for 3 months and I can honestly say it's the worse place I worked for .Some of the management talk down to you and treat you like rubbish. Not much of a social life with family and friends due to shift work .
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management
Was contacted about a role, never heard from him again. Poor show NFT, you'll never secure employees the way you carry on! Even if they offered me the job I wouldn't accept it.
Pros
Cons
The Recruitment Manager
Like minded co-workers makes working there feel more at home. Nice and comfortable environment to work in with adequate training for new employees. good work hours and br...
Thoroughly enjoyed the 10 years I spent here, longs hours though but the money is more than ample compensation.

The wagons are replaced every 3-4 years so are generally quite new but cover huge mileages.

Pensions and other benefits such as unplanned night out money are excellent.

They are tight on compliance so cavalier drivers stay away, laptops on dashboards while driving and 17 hour days will end your job here!

Management can chase you constantly and you will feel the pressure sometimes.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours, pressured at times
I worked there for two days and didn't get a call back to work there again. They have a lack of communication and don't value other individuals apart from that the employees are okay and are good bunch of people to work with but the management is not very good.
Pros
Good colleauges
Cons
Poor management
start day from signing in then all people go take scanners then managers say whole goal for that day says all news takes about 10-15 min then all people swipe for task and go to directed area to work :)
the workplace was freezing so you would have to dress warm. the day would be productive never a dull moment you're always on the move. friendly environment and staff. breaks are a decent length.
Pros
good pay
Cons
freezing workplace
Good management, good payd, nice team.
Îs good But too far Away from my house.. . Heavy lifting. Chill place. Too much headaches. Unhappy with the less hours
Pros
Money
Cons
Less hours
Was once a premier company to work for, no longer senior and middle management have no respect for employees. Recent shift changes forced through with little or no consultation. Transport office staff haven't had a pay rise in years. Probably trying to get rid of staff by creating a hostile working environment so they can close the Alfreton depot and Head office and move it to the near empty depot at Tilbury. That way they won't pay as much in future redundancy. Don't apply you won't be made welcome. Not the company it once was.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Incompetent management