Next PLC Employee Reviews

Poor
Staff (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire3 January 2018
Next was a poor company to work for. Late on pay, unorganised staff rota, terrible management and lack of interest in employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Fast paced work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 January 2018
I enjoyed my 3 years at next which started as a one year apprenticeship with them. I progressed to a Team Coach and was in charge of training new starters, my main responsibility was to take care of the shoes and accessories department on kids which I loved!
Loved most of the staff I worked with.
PART TIME EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 January 2018
Not the best place but not the worst. Some of the staff thought they were more important than they actually were. However most of the staff were absolutely lovely and vey welcoming.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Bad pay
Overall great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed2 January 2018
A typical day at work would include keeping the store tidy and free of any hazards, doing regular health and safety checks, interacting with customers, working the tills and keeping stock up to date and fresh.
Pros
Good employers
College job
Delivery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands31 December 2017
Decent job for those who want part time work due to study or other commitments, definitely not a place for a career or progression, unprofessional management and poor staff attitude has lead to non-existent staff morale and high staff turnover. Company too concerned about cost reduction that staff well being.
Pros
Staff discount, Uniform allowance, Shift marketplace
Cons
poor contracts, unprofessional atmosphere, poor pay, can be put in for shifts without being asked that you then cannot get rid of.
good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire30 December 2017
always friendly, good place to work. i was in charge of putting the returns away on the deisignated rails. hours were good. there is a good bonus system.
fun
Staff (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 December 2017
This was a fun place to work, all the collegues were good to work with and very helpful. i enjoyed helping customers and serving them at the tills. overall i enjoyed working here.
Productive Workplace
Part Time Christmas Sales Member (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside28 December 2017
The Workplace is extremely professional and productive, however it can be very boring as you are repeating the same task over and over, often you're just trying to look busy as there is nothing else to do.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Very Long Hours
not a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire28 December 2017
Staff are not valued
no advancement opportunities
management are demotivating
Christmas hard work as expected in retail but not appreciated
Staffing levels too low
Pros
other members of staff
Cons
the company does not value staff
Great
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton28 December 2017
I worked in market place and honestly it was the best experience. All the staff members were friendly and easy to work with. The manager was the sweetest. The job is not even that hard and the payment is very good.

Want to know more about Next PLC?

Ask a question
fun
HOME SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 December 2017
bad contracts, not any full time available and over time is limited. typical day is dealing with customers placing orders and ensuring stock is out by end of working day.
Poor, demotivating, unprofessional working environment
Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool 34427 December 2017
Progressively getting harder to work at Next, far too many staff cuts resulting in greater work load in return for a very basic wage and questionable bonuses. Majority of managers are hard working and pleasant, but their is definitely favouritism at Next and sexism towards males in the workplace which I find greatly demotivating. Unfortunately the only positive is the staff otherwise it really has become a harsh and unpleasant place to work in.
Pros
Floor staff are hardworking and generally great human beings. Discount is ok.
Cons
Uncertain contracts leading to stress of Living costs. Bonus structure
work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wigan27 December 2017
I didn't work here for very long but from what I can gather its an okay place to work, the staff was friendly and helpful and the discount came in pretty handy as well overall it was okay.
Completely unprofessional
Seasonal Staff (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire26 December 2017
No proper training at all.
Staff were very pretentious
Management were so incompetent that they even can't sort the shift rota correctly.
In fact, I only knew about the changes to my shifts after six days of working there and it was completely disgraceful that it took them so long to fix this problem.
Pros
New staff were nice
Cons
Older staff were pretentious bigots.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 December 2017
-bonuses are in every pay month!
-great staff
-I've not been a fan of the organisation skills within the company, it seemed quite unprofessional to me, I lost my contract from my permanent store, when I transferred to another one for a few months, because they had 'overstaffed'
-I loved my colleagues there
Pros
good discount and bonuses
Cons
poor management
good place to work, if you dont mind working around the holidays
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent24 December 2017
a typical day could include a variety of jobs within your shift such as till service, fitting room service, shop floor replenishment (or tidying), picking stock if a busy time, dealing with customer deliveries and putting store deliveries into the right places. Depending on how big the store is you could work on either just one department or share responsibilities of each department with your colleagues (meaning you could be on womenswear for 3 hours and menswear for 2 etc.)
Pros
bonuses
Cons
work hours
Productive and Friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beckton, Greater London24 December 2017
A typical day of work at Next would consist of mainly folding and organising, this taught my to be efficient with my time consumption whilst completing my tasks.
Workload and pay are not met. Poor management. Hard to progress
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 December 2017
Hard to progress esp if you work in small store unless willing to be transfered to a bigger store when vacancies become available. The payrise is a joke, meaning it doesnt happen unless goverment says so. Management team is a fault finder, so quick to criticise but slow to praise ( close to never)
Not recommended.
Pros
A bit more secure than many other retailers.
Labourer
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Doncaster19 December 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. Looking for further labouring positions. Lots of good experience gained. Gained my CSCS card and lots of experience.
Call centre
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 December 2017
They say it's not a call centre and majority of customers are lovely on the phone, but it's a lie it is a call centre and you have to take the brunt of each complaint and try your best to solve it. It's impossible to get a manager to call a customer as they always want you to deal with complaint even though the customers are shouting and livid with Next.
Pros
bonus
Cons
long hours, lots of complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.