Next PLC Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 June 2018
The mundane work place should be productive somewhat enjoyable. Work place culture should be uplifting, work ethic and moral should be nothing but excellent.
Pros
long hours, free lunch
Cons
bad management
Good for experience
Trained Youth Coach (Former Employee) –  Tooting, Greater London29 June 2018
Days would require long hours of work however pay was decent. Gave me experience in retail that later on helped with my career and sales. Good for earning money part time.
Pros
Pay
Really sucked.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal28 June 2018
I consider myself lucky. I applied at Summer Sale and was luckily actually paid for my time, though I know some people who worked the sale with the hopes of getting a job didn’t. Also, really dodgy in that they had us work until 10pm the night before, but most of us were in at 6am. Maybe just my store, but there were definitely favourites among the staff. Uniform allowance was awful and meant if you only worked weekends you could only really afford to get 1 outfit, which sucked when it got damaged and you then had to pay out of pocket. Dress code varies store to store, my store wouldn’t allow jeans.
Pros
25% discount on all items excluding sale, first pick at sale items, 75% discount plus allowance on Uniform
Cons
Managers can be super dodgy, clothing is super expensive so you avoid shopping there yourself anyways
Fun work enviornemnt and freindly team
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Raynes Park28 June 2018
People were very helpful and aided you when you needed help. I got to do multiple roles which made each shift exciting, and pleasant. The hardest part was assembling furniture as I wasn't use to this type of work.
Over worked under paid
Stock room Temp (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex28 June 2018
No great working as a temp on 0 hour contract
Never learnt a lot
Management difficult
Never a fun day
Can never work fast enough
Getting to leave the branch to go on deliveries
Summary of work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford27 June 2018
The workplace is neat and friendly with everyone encouraging you to learn and always keep an entertaining environment. The managers are friendly and very professional
very friendly great company to work for
warehouse opperative (Former Employee) –  Essex26 June 2018
i enjoyed my time at next id recommend it to anyone as a job opportunity within a great friendly company that has plenty of chance to expand to other next stores
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 June 2018
i had to count stock and put it in its correct place , i would also have to put the stock out in its correct place on the shop floor . we got 30% discount .
Demotivating but ok experience.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex25 June 2018
There is no method of motivation for temporary staff. Managers were very nice and made us feel welcome although other staff were not so keen on the idea of temporary staff.
A fun team to be a part of
Sales Support Team (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire24 June 2018
A typical day at work consisted of ensuring stock was readily available and selling clothing. Delivering a high level of service to customers - ensuring all customers were happy when leaving store.
Developed team working skills and being punctual to work.
The hardest part of the job was helping customers during peak periods of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring customers were pleased with the level of service when they left store.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pressure during sale periods to deliver excellent customer service

Want to know more about Next PLC?

Ask a question
Aprender inglés
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke24 June 2018
No he sentido que soy extranjera
Un grupo muy único y divertido
Pros
Contracto
Cons
No hay contras
ok
team Coach (Former Employee) –  Scotland22 June 2018
Work is good and the staff are usually fantastic but management of my particular store were inept and aggressive, with no people skills at all. As a company, they do not pay their staff anywhere near what they deserve to be paid, and you are more likely to be rebuked for minor things, than praised for doing a job well. this may only be at particular stores but the management are not pleasant to work for.
Pros
discount
Cons
working with terrible managers
Demanding and friendly enviconment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London21 June 2018
Working during the Christmas sale period in a retail store has provided me with the ability to withstand working in a high pressure environment. Despite the intensity of this period I was still able to meet my targets and deal with customers in a professional and calm manner.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 June 2018
Usually gets busy during the day hours, depending your manager your time at work should go smoothly. most enjoyable part was interacting with my colleagues and the customers.
Positive Work Experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey19 June 2018
Very much a positive work environment which helped me learn independently but also provide assistance when needed. Allowed me to work in all aspects of the store including stock room. Very friendly atmosphere.
Fast paced enviroment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bolton15 June 2018
Hours are very flexible and you can pick up any extra hours and can also offer up your own shifts if needed. it is a very fast-paced environment. The discount is really good though
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working sale
Fun place to work
Stockroom Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury15 June 2018
Everyone is always friendly and accommodating which believe me can be a hard thing to come across in retail as most people are out for themselves.

Some people might struggle with the fast pace and being on their feet all day so give it some thought before applying. Awesome place to work as a temp over the summer or Christmas holidays.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours over sale periods
N/a
Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Aberystwyth14 June 2018
Have enjoyed my initial experience at NEXT and the skills gained and the friendships acquired.

Sale can be tough.
Discount is good.
Long hours.
Pros
Discount, first pick of SALE
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend14 June 2018
The hardest part of the job was sale day. It was constant time on your feet with barely time for a break. Would`ve liked an extra break on sales day as I often left feeling unwell due to the heat in the store. Other than that it was a good job.
Pros
dicounts
Cons
few breaks
Busy and welcoming environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town14 June 2018
It can be a busy environment to work in which I like and everyone who works there are very welcoming throughout the time I worked there. It allowed me to advance my skills and knowledge on retail and this has given me life skills that I can use in any job that I choose.
Pros
Welcoming people, tidy environment
Cons
Some rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.