Next PLC Employee Reviews

Low salary and little flexibility with hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry13 January 2018
Little flexibility when it comes to hours especially around busy period (unless you can get someone to cover you, you have no chance of getting it off). Salary is low for under 21s and little additional benefits. There is little training but an expectation for you to do things by the book none the less. Breaks are way too short e.g half an hour for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Hours are shown well in advance
Cons
Low pay, short breaks
Awful place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon12 January 2018
management are nasty people, and when raising an issue with them it’s just brushed to one side. They don’t care about you as a person as long as you’re getting them money. Worked there for 2.5 years not so much as a thankyou for working every hour under the sun or even a good luck in new job. I would highly recommend to never work for this excuse of a company.
sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glossop, Derbyshire11 January 2018
My time at next was only a Christmas temporary role in the time there my job consisted of :-
Replenishing the stock to a high standard in size and style order all through out the day,
To maintain a clean shop floor through the day and after shift end,
Dealing with customers face to face with any enquires they had.
To prepare the shop to a high standard for the up coming day also marking down items ready for boxing day sales and January sales.
Sociable, fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross, Greater London11 January 2018
Everyone there was welcoming and friendly. The management was good, whenever it got busy at times they managed to keep everything under control. It taught me how to multi task whilst helping a number of customers at once. I would definitely recommend Next!
Pros
Sociable, friendly people, good pay, good management
Cons
Sometimes can be busy
Busy and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames11 January 2018
A typical day working at Next includes working on tills, producing customer service and replenishing the floor when necessary. It is important to use your initiative to know when to start a new job and when you should put customer service first. As I am one of the longest members of staff to currently work at Next, I am able to support the new staff members to show them what needs to be done and help them to improve important skills that are needed to work in retail. I have learnt the importance of working on my own and as a team, as well as using my initiative. An enjoyable part of the job is working with a variety of people, of whom are different ages and ethnicities and allows you to make new friends and have fun at work. A hard part of working at Next is you occasionally have to work unsociable hours to prepare for sale and get the store back to normal after sale. However this is only a small proportion of shifts that you will be given at Next.
Pros
Staff discount 25%
Cons
Occasional unsociable hours
Nice place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
All the managerial staff were good and helpful I liked working at this place and made many good friends If only I could’ve got a permanent position unfortunately I was on a contract
Rubbish company to work for
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire. BD410 January 2018
Abusive management style, demands people show respect to management whilst failing to show respect to their employees. Constant bullying of employees demanding that they work ever faster regardless of wether they are able to do so. They try fervantly to dehumanise people and trreat them like machines. Frequent errors in peoples earnings.
Managers are more interested in getting their own bonuses higher than they are in their own employees.

The above applies to Next Distribution L:imited, (AKA NEXT FASHIONS Plc) Toftshaw Lane, Bradford. BD4
Pros
Cons
Not worth the experience. Has canteen but rubbish food
Good employer
Sale Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire9 January 2018
Flexible shifts and lots of support from managers. Communication from head office and managers was good. A nice friendly environment to work in, especially as it was my first job
enjoyable part of the job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire9 January 2018
Nice company to work for. I was there as a temporary staff member to help them during the busy Christmas season. Friendly staff, enjoyed the customer service aspect of this job. If I had the opportunity to work for this company again, I would do and would feel very fortunate.
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Romford7 January 2018
Very friendly
Enjoyable
Free parking
Can advance through the workplace within your chosen career path
Great management team at gallows corner

Want to know more about Next PLC?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster7 January 2018
Next is a good company to work for in regards of wellbeing, social life and benefits.

They are amazing with whatever you need. But I'm leaving due to lack of training.
A calm working environment where i can enjoy what i am doing while being productive.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London7 January 2018
A typical day at work would consist of working on one of the shop floors such as Men's-wear, Women's-Wear and the NEXT Home section. If i wanted to work extra hours i could do so by working in the stockroom or staying on the shop floor it was completely my choice. The hardest part of this job was how frantic the busiest days were for example working on boxing day and christmas eve. The most enjoyable part had to be meeting new people my age knowing that i'm not the only youth there. In terms of management NEXT are excellent at dealing with customers, employees and the employers especially when they recruited an abundance of people during the christmas season. Last but not least the workplace culture made me feel comfortable in the environment as the employers were very kind to me and helped me in times of need when i wasn't sure what to do.
Pros
£20 discount on any chosen product.
Cons
Long and tedious hours at times.
Productive place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London6 January 2018
Learned a lot of skills
Fast paced environment
Got to meet new people
Gained valuable experience with regards to working the tills and providing the best customer service
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester6 January 2018
It was a great place to work and loved being there. A typical day would be busy, management was good, hardest part of the job is all the standing up..
brilliant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol6 January 2018
its is a very enjoyable place to work and I really enjoyed my time there. the breaks and payment benefits are great and they always have your needs in mind.
Pros
breaks and benefits
Good, enjoyable and easy to get along with people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex6 January 2018
I was an enjoyable job, I had no problem with anything or anyone. The staff were nice and helpful, they gave fair and consistent breaks when needed. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
It was always busy
Cons
starting at 6am
nice and steady
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands5 January 2018
great place to work, staff are friendly, can be enjoyable. bonuses available. in house competitions also. discount is a great thing also especially at sale time.
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
The management is really bad they're very unorganized. Staff forced to work on days that aren't their contracted days and regularly staff are put in for shifts when its not within their availability and without being asked. Shifts are flexible as they're so many staff members you're able to swap your shift with if you're unable to do it yourself.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
managers, long hours.
enjoyed every minute
Store Assistant team coach (Former Employee) –  Derby4 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for next. they where always so supportive even witht he littlest of problems and made sure you always succeeded. always gave everyone a good chance to go further with their career
Pros
staff discount
Cons
working boxing day
loved working here
Store Assistant team coach (Former Employee) –  Derby4 January 2018
such a good place to work also so flexible with me when needed childcare. always kept up to date with new things and always made sure everyone was ok.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
working boxing day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.