Next PLC Employee Reviews

Just don't do it to yourself
Sales Consultant/Head Team Coach (Current Employee) –  Enfield11 September 2018
the management is beyond a joke, you're given store policies and told to adhere to them only to be undermined by them in front of customers. They pay you minimum wage and expect you to sell your soul to make the company tick.. in terms of benefits there isn't any. they offer incentives only to take them away shortly after
honestly the company is one that functions based on how much you are willing to sacrifice for them but never look to taking care of the employee.
A typical day at work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry11 September 2018
Customer service was always at the heart of Next. Our customer service was regularly reviewed and indeed there was a bonus incentive scheme to encourage this.
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading10 September 2018
I loved working there they was like family I was so happy there I just looking for new start now different things next is really good company to work for
Pros
Great with family
Productive and Fun Working Place
Sales Support Temp (Former Employee) –  Havant10 September 2018
Next offer flexible hours which can be suit the staff and this can all be done online so you can clearly see for yourself and extra hours are available
Easy to fit in with the staff
work on different department then you develop preference of where you like best
great work place
STOCK ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
great place to work staff are friendly if you get the right ones new things everyday sales hard part of the job meals out for xmas or when anybody leaves
Cons
breaks not long enough
productive and knowledgable place of work
CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Martlesham6 September 2018
Through the time i have been at next i have learnt so much about dealing with different situations in customers services, commerciality, merchandising and team work. All of these build towards a strong background in working within the customer service business. Everyone I've worked with has taught me many ways of how to accomplish a higher standard in ways of tasking and communication.
Pros
always new tasks to complete
Cons
shifts constantly changing without discussion.
Busy office
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire5 September 2018
Enjoyed working at Next on a part time basis, but ultimately wanted a full time position so left the Company, but I did enjoy my time, very varied role.
Pros
weekend work
Cons
weekend work
Lots to say:
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire4 September 2018
It is without a doubt that NEXT is hugely successful and respectable as a company. As for certain parts of the South Elmsall branch I have a few things to say:

Hygienic place to work with concern for employee safety. Decent pay and generally understanding management. A basic degree of physical fitness and the ability to tolerate stress, in my honest opinion, are a must.

However there is an underlying culture of cut-throat attitudes and cliques - whom of which are usually in tight with management in one way or another. Childish behaviour and exclusion were commonplace (at least in the department I was in.) Some folks at NEXT seem to confuse this job with their life and will do anything to secure and protect a position there.

There are gems, however and most managers are extremely hard working, dedicated and cognitive of what's going on in their respective department. A lot of folks at this warehouse simply want to do the job, finish the shift and get on with their lives.

It's a job, by definition:
"Something which you would not do voluntarily, but because someone else is paying you to do so. Meanial and often repetetive".

Overall, there are worse jobs out there and this is an honest (yet draining) way to earn a living.
Pros
OK pay, clean, safe place to work. Excellent cafeteria, decent training.
Cons
Often a chaotic place to work, with low job security and a lot of overinflated egos.
Sale advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire2 September 2018
I had to talk to customers, about the product and to show good customer service. I’m also responsible for removing security tags at the till, scanning barcodes on the clothes and sorting out the product display. I also work with a team. It helped me to gain valuable experience of working in an environment when there are people with different backgrounds.
Cons
6-7 hours long
Alright
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City1 September 2018
theres a definite divide between full time staff and students that work there.
for those that next is their career they take it far too seriously and don't seem to understand that students couldn't care bout their weekend job
Cons
sale time is awful
NIce
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol31 August 2018
You will have extensive experience in managing a variety of technical ICT projects including 2008 server decommissioning, server hardware refresh, Server 2016 config and deployment, storage virtualisation and its dependencies, migrating application solutions to different infrastructure platforms (Server 2016, Azure Cloud) as well as delivery of a variation of network, server, infrastructure and enterprise projects. Experience of working with vendors, co-ordinating technical resources, testing and migration of corporate solutions is also required.
Horrible place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Armthorpe, South Yorkshire30 August 2018
Awful management the linger your there the more you realise NEXT is not as great as it perceives to be.
Full of nasty people
Rushed training with all different trainers
I had to go hospital and got told I was going to be sacked as I was still in probation
4 on 4 off is a lie you have to do 5 on 2 off really
Always getting things wrong for customers and tell you to transfer a customer if you don't Wang to deal witb it ..
Pros
Staff shop
Cons
Everyyhing else
Do not work here!
Temporary Womenswear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead30 August 2018
Was frequently left to work over time and not paid appropriately. Asked to work in unsafe conditions. Pay is terrible.

I was ill at work and sick in the toilets upstairs and was told I wasn't allowed to leave and to drink some water and get on with it
Very lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leyton Mills28 August 2018
Very good place to work, wonderful team members, with a lot of work to de done, you can never be bored.
I enjoy dealing with customers and always try to deliver the best service towards customers and the responsibilities/tasks of my shift.
Pros
Great flexibility towards your ability to work.
Cons
Doesn't give you an opportunity to develop and progress.
Bad Management, Unproductive, Profit making company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wednesfield, West Midlands27 August 2018
Embarrassing place to work. Treat their staff like dirt. Won't let the staff work over 16hrs a week. Only promote to staff to those who's face fits. Management couldn't run if they tried.

Children's-wear manager was rude but used to cry to get attention a sign of weakness if you asked me.
Another member of the staff on the home department, was her best-friend. Both snakes if you asked me.
Pros
25% discount. But not on sale stuff.
Cons
everything
Ok job for temporary employment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Colne27 August 2018
Reasonable as a part time temporary job. Not much scope at all for progression. I have been working here for 3 years and my main complaint is that you have to book holidays way in advance, and they don't let you change them once booked. So little flexibility in that sense. The managers will put your name down for shifts without consulting you and thats never a nice conversation to have.
Uniform allowance and staff discount are good to have.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not much stimulation.
Excellent company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath26 August 2018
looking after customers helping run a department gave me confidence and a sense of responsibility fashion was a great leap of faith as had not considered before
fantastic
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 August 2018
it was fun the manager was more of a colleague than a boss he gave me a lot of knowledge at work and also in life in general excellent bantar best retail company to work for.
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 August 2018
This was a great place to work, staff where friendly and helpful.
there was always opportunities to work your way up and management was always pushing you to work your way up the ladder which was good.
Could be a better place to work
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughton22 August 2018
Job was monotonous and boring. Although it gave me the opportunity to learn practical skills within the workplace, its repetitive nature was somewhat uninspiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.