Next PLC Employee Reviews

Unorganised
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Enderby, Leicestershire20 July 2018
The company is unorganized and there is no communication between teams. Worked huge amounts of overtime with no one being willing to take some of the workload
good place to work
Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 July 2018
Working at next is a good job. The hours are well suited and im normally able to have a good work/home life balance.
I started in the stockroom when I fost started to work for the company and have managed to progress slightly through the store and the ranks.
management are good and understanding.
Pros
good discount and uniform allowence
Cons
working christmas sale
Amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire17 July 2018
Excellent and fun place to work, as you’d expect at work there’s lots of new friendly people to meet, all in all it’s a very good atmosphere to work in.
Terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire17 July 2018
Underpaid and overworked
Very unpleasent management
Working unsociable hours with poor pay
management rude
forced to use pay to buy uniform
mandatory working of boxing day, christmas eve and new years day
Pros
25% off
Cons
unsociable hours
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 July 2018
A typical day would vary depending on what role you were given. Normally you would ensure the shop floor was safe for the customers and clothing items were replenished for the day ahead. You would process customer deliveries.
Hardest part of job was during sale season, alot of work.
Most enjoyable was meeting new people daily.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
if shop not busy, very boring
Simple
Stockroom Assistant (temporary) (Former Employee) –  London15 July 2018
The job was very simple to perform, basic stock organising , labelling and shelving was what i had to do during my temporary shifts. The staff were professional.
Pros
Proffesional staff
Cons
No extra shifts were offered.
Basically you become a slave
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire15 July 2018
Worst job ever, near on impossible targets, 90% of people cant speak proper english. Warehouse is about as hot as the face of the Sun, the Team Managers (GLORIFIED SUPERVISORS) think they're CEO of Next and need a reality check. All the equipment is dropping to bits and stinks of sweat. There is also forced overtime, also known as flex where you must work an extra shift so many weeks of the year, to earn days off.
If you're a brain dead zombie then you'll have no problem becoming a NEXT WARRIOR, but if you've got at least a couple of brain cells rubbing together in that head of yours, you'll avoid this job as I should've.
Pros
Quitting
Standard retail job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford13 July 2018
Learnt how to work in a fast paced retail environment. Culture was okay, could have been more fun and relaxed. But as far as a retail job goes it was decent. Hardest part would be getting on with the managers. Most enjoyable was getting bonuses.
Tough hours, poor management of store as a whole.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 July 2018
Grateful for the experience it taught me and the friends I made there however the store was poorly managed and their was constant complaining from each of the staff members. Someone had always got a problem with someone else and the pressure put on certain departments was unfair in comparison to others.
Only a day
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa12 July 2018
This job for me was during the sale and was only for a few hours. As well as the low pay, no consideration for future employment for at least a hundred of us was thought of.
HGV Driver
HGV Driver class 1 and 2 (Former Employee) –  South Ockendon, Essex11 July 2018
Good job if you're a robot, early and late starts in the same week, split rests ie 24 hrs, sometimes you're on a late start say 5pm and get a short shift, only because they want you in as early as poss the next day with just 9 hrs off, management at the time couldn't care less, timed jobs to the second, was questioned why was late leaving the yard 4mins late to be exact, this was my first week and was studying the maps of stores I'd never been to before, worst job in a long time,
Pros
Good pay, other drivers good bunch
Cons
ridiculous rostas
Good experience
Sales Support Team (Former Employee) –  Rustington, West Sussex10 July 2018
As the first job I had, it was a good experience and encouraged a more open approach through communicating with customers and provided with good experience in the field of employment.
Merit Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 July 2018
It can get very busy which is good it can make the time go quicker. Could do with more training to move further up the scale. Lots of overtime and great discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
More training
Great place to work part-time during studies, limited progression in smaller stores
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth9 July 2018
Next is a fantastic company to work for if you are looking for something part-time due to other commitments or if you're starting out your career and looking for a first job. The workplace culture is, in my experience, a great reason to work for Next. It's never too stressful as a junior member of staff and there are a a few good perks to working there, particularly the uniform allowance. I would definitely recommend working for Next if you are in full time education, as they often have many part-time contracts on offer and are quite flexible with hours.
Pros
Great uniform allowance, 25% discount on all clothes and furniture, friendly staff, awesome Christmas parties
Cons
Low pay, little chance of over time, difficult to advance as a long-term career
Productive and engaging
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bletchley3 July 2018
The day is busy and there is always stuff to do. Management are there to help when you need. Sometimes the rush of customers can be overwhelming especially at Christmas. But I learned to work faster and independently.
Great Place.
Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex3 July 2018
Great place to learn and get along with others in a friendly environment.

Perfect for building yourself up, but wouldn't want to work and stay there for the rest of my life.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
not enough staff so you have to work over time
Good
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland2 July 2018
Good part time job sorting stock from the lorry and making sure it gets onto the shopfloor quickly and efficiently. Working as part of a team and also on your own.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 June 2018
The mundane work place should be productive somewhat enjoyable. Work place culture should be uplifting, work ethic and moral should be nothing but excellent.
Pros
long hours, free lunch
Cons
bad management
Good for experience
Trained Youth Coach (Former Employee) –  Tooting, Greater London29 June 2018
Days would require long hours of work however pay was decent. Gave me experience in retail that later on helped with my career and sales. Good for earning money part time.
Pros
Pay
Really sucked.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal28 June 2018
I consider myself lucky. I applied at Summer Sale and was luckily actually paid for my time, though I know some people who worked the sale with the hopes of getting a job didn’t. Also, really dodgy in that they had us work until 10pm the night before, but most of us were in at 6am. Maybe just my store, but there were definitely favourites among the staff. Uniform allowance was awful and meant if you only worked weekends you could only really afford to get 1 outfit, which sucked when it got damaged and you then had to pay out of pocket. Dress code varies store to store, my store wouldn’t allow jeans.
Pros
25% discount on all items excluding sale, first pick at sale items, 75% discount plus allowance on Uniform
Cons
Managers can be super dodgy, clothing is super expensive so you avoid shopping there yourself anyways

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.