Next PLC Employee Reviews

Found 2,849 reviews matching the search See all 3,053 reviews
Friendly and Enjoyable workplace
customer sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire26 September 2018
On a typical working day I would have set tasks that I would have to complete. these would differ everyday therefore I would not be bored. If you struggled with a job then the management were very helpful and talked you through the task and how to complete it. The fellow colleges were also very and funny.
not great
Sales assistant (Christmas temp) (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London24 September 2018
When i worked in Next, it wasn't as pleasant as I thought it would be. Its not a place i would go back to work. No one was friendly or helpful during my period of work.
Basic
Sales Manager on the Childrenswear department (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey21 September 2018
learned a lot of people skills at next.
Staff are great to work with, however praise from senior management is minimal.
A lot is expected of from you, for a smaller salary.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing results on the floor and money going through the tills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
lack of motivation
great first job
Sales Assistant (Temporary Christmas Position) (Former Employee) –  Newry20 September 2018
easy to get a jo provided you really want one. as a 15 year old it is a dream job and something I really enjoyed. managers and fellow staff in it were lovely and it is a job which I haven't had the like of since.
Good first job, lively workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 September 2018
I worked on Saturdays and was consistently encouraged by my team leader to complete training courses to improve my skills, therefore I feel this job taught me a lot about retail. However there was often a lack of support directly on the shop floor from the management which sometimes left me unsure what to do.
Pros
Really good system to see/adjust/pick up shifts (Shift Marketplace)
Cons
Lack of management support
Stadard Christmas temp role
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 September 2018
Standard Christmas temp role; minimal training and worked the 5am shift on Boxing day and a couple of others. Trained to tag items and organisation of shop floor and briefed about the stock room system. Cannot give a fair review of management, work place culture as I was only a temp and wasn't there for long. The pay reflected that of a temp role and my age at the time
Cons
long and early hours
Learning Workplace
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  London, haringey20 September 2018
Great place to gain new experiences in! Perfect for a first job especially for students as it can be flexible.

Management are very organised and make sure all staff are up to date with the changes within the store.

I was able to develop my communications skills as well gained various new skills whilst working at Next, for example I had gained; banking skills (whilst working on tills), problem solving skills (dealing with customer complaints or needs), customer service skills (communicating with customers), Team working skills (being able to bring ideas forward amongst colleagues and Managers), time management (arriving to work on time) and lastly I was able to gain leadership skills (making sure everyone feels comfortable and supporting others in bringing ideas forward with confidence).

The hardest part of the job is facing different types of customers, for example difficult customers. However, I was able to learn ways in which I am able to make sure the customer is satisfied with their experience whilst purchasing a product and is always leaving the store happy with the needs I am able to assist them with.

As well as dealing with difficult customers can be the hardest part of the job, it had also been the most enjoyable part of the job to meet new faces everyday and being able to help others has always kept me positive!
Pros
Discounts
short,good and busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull17 September 2018
i only did one shift at next and it was the boxing day sales shift, i was a Christmas temp, it was a very busy but organised shift. everyone was very helpful there and i did enjoy my short time there.
Temporary position
Temporary Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station17 September 2018
The people were nice to work with and very welcoming. I was only working for next for a short period of time and it was over 15 years ago. It was a professional environment to work in
okay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire16 September 2018
Working as part of the sales team comes with pros and cons. You aren't used to the working environment and they give you minimum training as you're only temporary so therefore when a customer wants a refund or something of that nature, you have to call another permanent member of staff to deal with it.
Very accommodating
Department coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leicster16 September 2018
Accommodating and very professional work place. Good place to work and build work experience. Peers are hospitable and helping. A resourceful and determined management team.
Not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim15 September 2018
I worked here for a short period and didn't exactly enjoy it. Staff was not very friendly or helpful for someone who is new to the job so I found it a little difficult trying to get on.
great place, horrible management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey15 September 2018
the people/colleagues were great and very accommodating to new people, but its very common for the management to employ people under the pretence of a perm contract but only end up offering temp.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
contracts
relaxed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayr13 September 2018
was a relaxed environment, only worked sales so was not a full-time employee. Time there was pricing sale items and stocking those items on the shop floor
Van driver
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire13 September 2018
Next try hard ...But the company is still not working properly......I've worked with large furniture delivery.....Frankly its a mess.....To many returns.....The drivers are to stressed because the company expect to much.....
The van driving side and small local shop delivery side is in the process off updating ....But they need to operate from one location and not three...

If you want people to be able to read paper work them print it at a size that can be sean.......Without binoculars......
Fab to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside12 September 2018
I enjoyed working over the Boxing Day sale period even though it was a hectic period. Good pay even though I was only 16 at the time and lovely management
Very Productive Workplace
WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 September 2018
Placed in the operational dev team the typical day consisted of liaising with different stakeholders and managing expectations of the business as our work within the team was very fast paced and needed to be delivered correct and within time.
Just don't do it to yourself
Sales Consultant/Head Team Coach (Current Employee) –  Enfield11 September 2018
the management is beyond a joke, you're given store policies and told to adhere to them only to be undermined by them in front of customers. They pay you minimum wage and expect you to sell your soul to make the company tick.. in terms of benefits there isn't any. they offer incentives only to take them away shortly after
honestly the company is one that functions based on how much you are willing to sacrifice for them but never look to taking care of the employee.
A typical day at work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry11 September 2018
Customer service was always at the heart of Next. Our customer service was regularly reviewed and indeed there was a bonus incentive scheme to encourage this.
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading10 September 2018
I loved working there they was like family I was so happy there I just looking for new start now different things next is really good company to work for
Pros
Great with family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.