Next PLC Employee Reviews

Team Players
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife27 April 2018
Loved my time at next, staff are all welcoming and friendly, and work together as a team. the staff discount is great and the management are always usually really understanding,
Pros
staff discound
Cons
compulsory sale days ie boxing day
loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 April 2018
lovely place to work just the pay was an issue, no career progression
but made some good friends and gained lots of experience in the customer service role
great work environment
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 April 2018
it was great place to work .i learned a lot skilled whilst working there. i met i a lot people who i am still friends with till this day. The manager was really lovely.
Pros
great collegues
Cons
location
Not ideal for long term
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen23 April 2018
If you are still in school, college or uni and want nothing more than a part time assistant job then you'd fit right in. However if you wish to progress and not in education, this may not be the right place for you.
With all the cut backs in the past few years it's become near impossible to climb the ladder.
On the positive side, some staff members are amazing, great to get on with.
Depending on the branch the management can be questionable but I think I'm relatively lucky in my branch.
The salary is somewhat average for retail with a chance of a good bonus if you're a committed worker.
There's a good chance you might get kept on if you're a christmas temp or after the probationary period. The only full time positions available generally fall to management so if you you're an assistant the balance between work and your personal life will be fine.
Pros
Uniform allowance 75% discount
Cons
Slim chance of promotion
Brilliant work Environment
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 April 2018
There is room for development, staff are willing to help each other if you're unsure of anything. Management team is lovely and there is plenty of flexible hours
horrible
Christmas Temp Sales/Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor23 April 2018
did not enjoy my time here in the stockroom basement style enviroment where we were always expected to work under time limit and i did not feel wanted by employees there. Not fun.
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim23 April 2018
Management are rude, disrespectful and are always talking down to staff. Worst place to work. Get no thanks for working weeks on end with no days off. Horrible environment to be in and staff aren’t any better to be around.
productive workplace
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire21 April 2018
Gave me an opportunity to improve my customer skills. The management at next was very helpful and patient with new hires and helped every step of the way in training. The hardest part of the job was managing the customers during the busiest time of the year around Christmas. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting customers everyday.
Pros
flexible hours
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 April 2018
was my first job didn't enjoy, no one wanted to talk to me so hours went by very slowly, and i quit just after 2/3 weeks working there, so yeah it was pretty rubbish, thank god that I'm finished reviewing all these cause i just want to find a job :)
Pros
Cons
worked there
your just a number at times.....
management (Current Employee) –  Scotland19 April 2018
felt like just a number at times not a person, they would ideally like robots working here.....
don't look at the strengths of the individual just want robots that can do everything
often change what they want and contradict themselves from one moment in time to the other
Pros
uniform allowance 75% off
Cons
make out staff welfare comes first but only if it fits in to what they want
all I can say is hmmm
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 April 2018
well the only reason as to why i have stayed for as long as i have is because of the people, management is poor, pay is poor but the flexibility of the hours is good. I am only a part-timer
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
An enjoyable job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scotland16 April 2018
A good job for while you are at University or College. Reasonable benefits and bonuses. (25% staff discount, 75% uniform discount. Can earn more money depending on good service and sales) High staff and management turnover but has never negatively impacted the store. Overall, a decent job.
Pros
Can earn more money through bonuses.
Cons
Boxing Day sale.
not good company to work for
Christmas Temporary (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London16 April 2018
enjoyable part of job is speaking to customers
typical day at work was not nice
management was not soo good
I learned that everyones for themselves
culture of workplace did not enjoy
Pros
friends
Cons
short hours not good money
autoput its lovely peaceful place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Pontefract16 April 2018
no bad, but mothers dont get change for change hours to find childcare. lovely people, no bad menagment. good work culture. very enjoyable work . no stress at al
Really enjoyed work experience
Work Experience - Childrenswear Buying (Former Employee) –  Leicester15 April 2018
I did work experience for Next whilst I was in the 2nd year of Uni, it really helped with my course and as I later learned it helped with my knowledge going into the industry
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands12 April 2018
The staff was very friendly and helping. Mostly consisted of staying on the shop floor and if necessary behind the tills as well if the queues were long. I looked forward to everyday as it was an incredible experience and really good for a first job.
Fun place
Winter Temp (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station10 April 2018
A sociable, focused and well presented individual who has a track record of putting the customer first,developing people, delivering results and achieving high retail standards. Able to work to accurately to deadlines, whilst fully focussing on providing
excellent customer service at all times.Having a commitment to work to the best of my ability and always looking to address the client’s needs first. A driven individual who wants to progress, and is now looking to join a company where internal
succession is always given priority.
Good for a part-time job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London10 April 2018
You would be responsible for maintaining correct levels of stock on shop floor. Assist in transferring out old seasonal stock whilst performing stockroom assistant duties in a warehouse setting. You would assist your fellow stockroom staff in organising and managing the stockroom. You would also prepare and take part in stock take.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay wasn't very competitive, difficult to advance your skills
its ok
Children\'s Wear Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  London10 April 2018
worked there over 10 years ago, not sure how it is now. was great when i was there. only worked weekends. the team was great had loads of fun and always made sure the job was done.
Pros
nice people, uniform
Cons
salary
Lovely place of work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran, Monmouthshire10 April 2018
This was my first attempt at retail and I absolutely loved it, although a lot to take in at very busy time of the year, everyone had a lot of time for me which I really appreciated.
Great staff morale with excellent management.
Customers in my opinion were all wonderful and surprisingly very kind.
Lovely friendly staff of all ages.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.