Next PLC Employee Reviews

Found 2,948 reviews matching the search See all 3,157 reviews
great highly driven
Assisstant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southport7 January 2019
very busy, I not allowed to write about my company, I not allowed to talk/write about my CEO, other directors or manger/team close to me. We have surveys ion store to manage any problems.
Great work place
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 January 2019
It is a great work place with lot of learning opportunity. People are friendly and always helpful. The management is quite good and have learned a lot within my tenure in NEXT.
Very busy,times goes fast if you come in to work!
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire6 January 2019
Some interview questions are situational and does not help the person that is a hands on worker. Anew suggestion would be to have a mock up room to do order picking and being able to step into a work station and actually do a job.

Review the question template make it simple as team leaders tend to mix up the words. You have missed out on some real good hard working people that would have being great assets.​

The company is gaining a bigger share of the online market. With it being so busy I really hope to see better shifts available,an improved bonus scheme and a pay increase. Too many 32 hour shifts and not enough 40hr shifts to help with the bills.​

Great place to work, ignore the negative reviews (for Pontefract), If you know how to work hard you should not have any issues at all. This company is getting bigger year on year hop on board now forget Amazon they don't give any bonus!
Pros
staff discount, friendly co workers for the most part
Cons
Sometimes you find pepper in the salt cellar! canteen jokers!! Not much cons really
Productive and welcoming workplace.
Sales preperation & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire6 January 2019
Absolutely loved my time here whilst doing Christmas temp work, cant wait to hopefully return once permanent positions arise. The whole team are so welcoming and teach you so well so that you know what you need to do.
Pros
Flexible hours to fit around you
fun for young people
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bullring, West Midlands5 January 2019
Its a decent job to have for your first job. The people there were very friendly and more than happy to help you. the management were very good on menswear.
Pros
employee/family discount
Cons
hard to progress
Enjoyable Experience
Xmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne5 January 2019
I had a temp job during the christmas sales period and gained some good experience from it. There was plenty of variety available from being given shifts in different departments aswell as being able to work on tills and shop floor. Sales prep was quite manic however it was a good experience to gain fast-paced skills from. Overall it was an enjoyable experience especially with all the staff being friendly and welcoming also.
Pros
Bonus for working boxing day and over the xmas period. First pick of sales stock
Cons
No breaks during 4 hour shifts.
Like being back at school.
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool4 January 2019
Power happy managers in stock room. Shop floor seemed okay, only there for 6 months. Late working hours and stressful environemt. Not much more to say.
Worst company I've ever worked for.
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Kent3 January 2019
I worked with Next for on/off around 3 years in a few different stores. Each store had a very similar structure and pecking order.
So here's a run down of what to expect if you ever decide to work for Next.

Management:
- Rude and unapproachable
- Constantly hiding away in the office. You'll never see them unless you manage to catch them as they go for their every half an hour cigarette break or if a member of senior management is visiting.
- Do not have an issue shouting and insulting employee's in front of customers.

Colleagues:
- I've made some amazing friends throughout the years, you mostly bond over your hatred for the company.
- However you will be left on your own on the busy tills a lot, there is a call bell but everyone chooses to ignore it.
- All the staff are miserable, imagine a seaworld for humans- that's Next.

Bonuses:
- There aren't any. Unless you call a packet of crisps and a £10 next gift voucher a bonus for working boxing day. (a lot of companies who earn earn less money pay time and a half).
- The delivery bonus is a joke, unreachable time targets for copious amounts of stock to gain an extra 50p an hour.
- The pay rates are terrible for the amount you are expected to do.

Uniform:
- You'll have to pay 25% of any uniform you want. Uniform has to be approved by management (some may even make you try it on for them). Plus next clothes aren't exactly cheap so expect to be paying around £30 of your own money every season change. You'll wear an outfit to work twice and you'll uniform will end up in the sale which means you can no longer
  more... wear it for work.

Next sale:
- Everyone jokes about it but honestly the sights I have witnessed working a Next sale. Fights, Vomit and bodily fluids and thats just on the opening day.
- We used to get a timed 2 minuets of first picks, at 11pm at night after an agonising 8 hour shift.

There are so many more things I could add here about the unprofessionalism throughout the company. However I realise this review is probably long enough so I'll just leave you with this my store alone had 25 members of staff quit in the space of 4 months. The turnover numbers are terrible.
Pros
Cons
Management, hours, pay, everyone is miserable.
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Consultant Delivery (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 January 2019
Friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed working here and meeting new people management appracoachable and offered help when required. Left due to distance and travel issues
Pros
Salary
Cons
Distance
the work place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire3 January 2019
Great staffs, hardworking and dedicated to their service to customers. diverse working environment. to improve, learn the ins and outs of the business over time.
Summer Sale Assistant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon31 December 2018
I loved this job and everyone in the company. I really liked the idea of having an online rota which you could use to pick up extra shifts or to give shifts up, it gave me the opportunity to work shifts I wouldn't usually be working and to gain new skills, for example, I was able to work on delivery one morning. I have gained many new skills that I wouldn't have learnt in my previous jobs, due to the variety of job roles within the company. Next is a great company to work with, the management team were incredible and always friendly.
Fun, fast pace place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport31 December 2018
The staff are friendly, the job itself offers the chance for progression and encourages you to try and progress. Hardest part of the job is trying to take a second break, there's always something to do!
Enjoyable place to work
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnstaple29 December 2018
Nice place to work & friendly team but unfortunately the management are sometimes unfair/don't care enough about the employees. Pay isn't ideal for younger employees.
Good to get you started
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station27 December 2018
Only good if you are planning on not staying too long. People come and go all the time as it mostly young staff who are in and out of university. Minimum wage -
Pros
flexible
Cons
money
Decent workplace and staff
Stock Replenishment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strood19 December 2018
Enjoyable place to work. Friendly staff, flexible hours. Not everyone speaks fluent English but nevertheless staff and venue are decent. Fair breaks also allowed for mealtimes.
Pros
Nice workplace
Cons
Awkward for me to get to
Standard place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 December 2018
Working at Next was not the best experience which I ever had.
Always short staffed and very difficult to serve all customers during busy working hours.
Management always talking down to members of staff.
OK place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire17 December 2018
I've worked here temporarily on a few occasions during sale time and I find the management a bit odd because I'm a temp every time, they make you work like a slave and sometimes you find yourself alone on a till and it's busy and no one comes to help. When your shift is about to finish you will find that anyone you need to tell that you are about to leave goes missing so you end up working extra. On top of that despite the company making so much money they only pay 18 year olds £6.44 per hour and over 25's £7.83 which is really sad. I started when I was 17 last Christmas with the hourly rate of £5.89.

Also they don't offer your benefits such as uniform and first pick from sale.
Pros
Cons
Forced to stay longer
Didnt like shifts
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Enderby, Leicestershire17 December 2018
Worked late shifts an they were unable to change any shift. Not a good company to work for . Supervision and management were un approachable and as long as you turned up for work on time and didn't go to the toilet or get too many drinks then they were ok.
It was a fun workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands16 December 2018
Gave a lot of experience and met a lot of nice people
the pay was good for my first paying job
the workers helped when needed and the atmosphere was a good atmosphere to work in
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, UK15 December 2018
Only worked there for a few months but organisaion seemed good, everyone knew their job role and did it to a high standrd.....................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.