Next PLC Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Found 117 reviews matching the search See all 3,155 reviews
Dont work here
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rotherham15 January 2019
Managers put you in different areas not even training you properly, i never got trained right had to learn stuff from coworkers. Messed my wages up, my manager spoke to me like rubbish every single day i worked, because im young and wanted to scare me. The HHT barely even worked, they wasnt any picking to do and then i was told to pack when i didnt get trained to do packing at that time. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone especially if you’re under 18 because they treat you like rubbish. This is a job is you are desperate to work.
Pros
Cons
Managers, long hours, shift pattern, everything
Very busy,times goes fast if you come in to work!
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire6 January 2019
Some interview questions are situational and does not help the person that is a hands on worker. Anew suggestion would be to have a mock up room to do order picking and being able to step into a work station and actually do a job.

Review the question template make it simple as team leaders tend to mix up the words. You have missed out on some real good hard working people that would have being great assets.​

The company is gaining a bigger share of the online market. With it being so busy I really hope to see better shifts available,an improved bonus scheme and a pay increase. Too many 32 hour shifts and not enough 40hr shifts to help with the bills.​

Great place to work, ignore the negative reviews (for Pontefract), If you know how to work hard you should not have any issues at all. This company is getting bigger year on year hop on board now forget Amazon they don't give any bonus!
Pros
staff discount, friendly co workers for the most part
Cons
Sometimes you find pepper in the salt cellar! canteen jokers!! Not much cons really
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire1 December 2018
I have worked for a few companies but this has to be the worst management are useless and the stupid rules are boardering on a concentration camp you can be dissaplined at the drop of a hat even for talking to much and trying to get holidays off which suit you is terrible to non existent the pay rates are not even good enough to really make people stay the turnover of staff is horrendous maybe due to management jack boot wearing culture
Pros
Cons
Management culture and stupid rules
Lots to say:
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire4 September 2018
It is without a doubt that NEXT is hugely successful and respectable as a company. As for certain parts of the South Elmsall branch I have a few things to say:

Hygienic place to work with concern for employee safety. Decent pay and generally understanding management. A basic degree of physical fitness and the ability to tolerate stress, in my honest opinion, are a must.

However there is an underlying culture of cut-throat attitudes and cliques - whom of which are usually in tight with management in one way or another. Childish behaviour and exclusion were commonplace (at least in the department I was in.) Some folks at NEXT seem to confuse this job with their life and will do anything to secure and protect a position there.

There are gems, however and most managers are extremely hard working, dedicated and cognitive of what's going on in their respective department. A lot of folks at this warehouse simply want to do the job, finish the shift and get on with their lives.

It's a job, by definition:
"Something which you would not do voluntarily, but because someone else is paying you to do so. Meanial and often repetetive".

Overall, there are worse jobs out there and this is an honest (yet draining) way to earn a living.
Pros
OK pay, clean, safe place to work. Excellent cafeteria, decent training.
Cons
Often a chaotic place to work, with low job security and a lot of overinflated egos.
Basically you become a slave
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire15 July 2018
Worst job ever, near on impossible targets, 90% of people cant speak proper english. Warehouse is about as hot as the face of the Sun, the Team Managers (GLORIFIED SUPERVISORS) think they're CEO of Next and need a reality check. All the equipment is dropping to bits and stinks of sweat. There is also forced overtime, also known as flex where you must work an extra shift so many weeks of the year, to earn days off.
If you're a brain dead zombie then you'll have no problem becoming a NEXT WARRIOR, but if you've got at least a couple of brain cells rubbing together in that head of yours, you'll avoid this job as I should've.
Pros
Quitting
absoulete joke at times
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire26 September 2018
managers have favorites,speak to majority of staff like dogs you'll only last if you lick managers bum and be there joeys, only decent thing about it was people you worked with.
Pros
decent work mates
Cons
everything else
warehouse south elmsall
Next warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  South Elmsall9 October 2018
lovely experience in south elmsall way,lovely managers,especially emilly cornwell.she is best manager n very understanding.
love to go back buts its far for me but im thinking to go back again
Pros
no pro
Cons
lovely managers
not bad
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rotherham24 October 2018
sorting out the bins full of clothes repricesing them picking and packing clothes sorting out the returns putting new labels on stuff taking clothes to the right places
Ok
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Feltham20 August 2018
Cant remember too much as was a while ago but ok palce to work, good stuff, cant compain, ok hours, good manager at the time, overall learned a lot at the time
great people
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rotherham Dearne Valley Pallets5 April 2018
Hrs not family friendly, too much messing around with shift patterns, which makes it less productive. Staff are very friendly and helpful, the managers were very professional, kept the staff updated regularly. A very enjoyable time for me, at the end of the day its a job, we go to earn money, not everyone is going to like it, but i can honestly say the managers and my colleagues were fantastic. Had i not of been laid off through union agreement to give my job to another flt driver from another Next warehouse due to longer service then i would never have left. The company did offer me a lesser paid position within the warehouse. At least they tried to help, where a lot of others wouldn't.
Pros
colleagues, managers, conditions
Cons
shift changes too often
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall12 February 2017
The role undertaken involved working under pressure as part of a team to meet deadlines regarding the dispatching of clothes on time. It also included using time management skills to prioritize which depots were loaded with items first. Communication is vital within this role as operatives had to keep each other up to date with the progress of each depot so decisions could be made and staff could be allocated more efficiently. Recently leadership has become a big part of my role within Next as I am the most experienced operative on Sundays within my department. This has led to people asking me for advice and me having to come up with strategies to solve issues and problems which may arise during the course of the day. For example directing staff to ensure that deadlines are met or communicating with management to raise any issues and suggesting solutions. I have also been trying to develop the skills of the staff within my shift by encouraging and helping them to try and think of ideas themselves and develop their own leadership skills.
Pros
excellent culture, Team focused, helpful management, advancement opurtunites
Cons
salary, weekend work
very friendly great company to work for
warehouse opperative (Former Employee) –  Essex26 June 2018
i enjoyed my time at next id recommend it to anyone as a job opportunity within a great friendly company that has plenty of chance to expand to other next stores
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Rubbish company to work for
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire. BD410 January 2018
Abusive management style, demands people show respect to management whilst failing to show respect to their employees. Constant bullying of employees demanding that they work ever faster regardless of wether they are able to do so. They try fervantly to dehumanise people and trreat them like machines. Frequent errors in peoples earnings.
Managers are more interested in getting their own bonuses higher than they are in their own employees.

The above applies to Next Distribution L:imited, (AKA NEXT FASHIONS Plc) Toftshaw Lane, Bradford. BD4
Pros
Cons
Not worth the experience. Has canteen but rubbish food
good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rotherham24 January 2017
next warehouse is a good stead job good money and a 25% discount in shops which is a bonus at Christmas and birthdays

the training is great really easy to understand and if you need help they will try and provide help if possible
Pros
benifits and wages
Cons
long hours, hard to get holidays
autoput its lovely peaceful place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Pontefract16 April 2018
no bad, but mothers dont get change for change hours to find childcare. lovely people, no bad menagment. good work culture. very enjoyable work . no stress at al
Great
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Crossways Newtons Court Greenhithe19 May 2014
A typical day at work included tagging and hanging clothes ready to be taken to the store. I learned how clothes get prepared behind the scenes. All of my co-workers were pleasant and friendly so I enjoyed working with all of them. The hardest part was standing on my feet all day, and the most enjoyable part was the collegues and getting to know the aspect of working.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
expected to work no matter what
Training and support
Temporary warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire14 May 2018
I had two placements at NEXT.

Both offered excellent support and training from good mangers able to work with permanent and temporary team members.
Very good menagment, nice people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire5 February 2018
Working effectively and efficiently as part of a team where attention to detail, physical stamina, meeting deadlines and the ability to work well with others was important
Maintaining a clean and safe working environment ensuring the work area was left to a high standard of cleanliness at the end of each day
Working collaboratively and productively with teams of varying sizes, helping to meet joint goals and deadlines -Working professionally and calmly against tight deadlines
Terrible work place
Packer/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire6 February 2018
New people are treated unfairly. The only one benefit is that hourly rate is 61p more than minimum wage. Any possibility to get bonus, no equipment to work, no scaners, slow system and managers expect more than you could do. If you looking for something where you are watched all the time, i recommend
Average
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  South Elmsall16 May 2013
A typical day at work consists of 8 and half hours waiting about for batches to pack or induct which usually are done within 30 minutes. I learnt a lot of skills in the job such as picking,packing,inducting, confirmed put away and dispatch to some level. The management tried their best to accommodate people's needs but the higher level management lacked ability to be organised. The hardest part of the job was working weekends for me as I couldn't do anything with my partner or son.
The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long Hours, Weekends, Waiting about, No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.