Next PLC Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Awful place to work (Stockroom - Nights)
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 May 2018
A terrible place to work and would not recommend to anyone. No proper training given with awful management. Pathetic new scanning system which requires you to scan the same rail twice, only God knows why. Managers never have anything sorted out when you start your shift, so you spend time looking around for hangers, tags, pins, cubes etc. However you are still expected to work super fast and be on target, utterly ridiculous. Wage is also quite low for a night shift job and the bonus system is the most ludicrous I have ever come across. The managers make an attempt to give a pitiful explanation of how it works, it makes no sense. Job can be very taxing on your body, at the store where I worked the lift was broken and we were required to carry heavy bulks of clothing up numerous stairs for at least 2-3 days. You are simply not appreciated for the work you put in and I found that very demoralizing. Save yourself the stress and do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, terrible scanning system, Low wage for night shifts
So bad
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire2 May 2018
Booked three weeks off for a holiday when I started and they then told me a day before that it hadn’t been booked and I was expected to work. The computer shift booking system automatically signs you up for shifts you don’t want and as I was working another job at this point as well, I was forced to choose between next and my other work.
Wouldn't recommend.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire1 May 2018
Management were unfair.
No training given expected to know everything already.
Long shifts with little break.
Not friendly.
Hard to book holiday off..
Good for a part-time job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London10 April 2018
You would be responsible for maintaining correct levels of stock on shop floor. Assist in transferring out old seasonal stock whilst performing stockroom assistant duties in a warehouse setting. You would assist your fellow stockroom staff in organising and managing the stockroom. You would also prepare and take part in stock take.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay wasn't very competitive, difficult to advance your skills
Christmas retail work
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon22 February 2018
Enjoyed it here everyone is helpful. Organised management and good team work too. Most days where busy but we always finished on time . The store manger is very hands on and gets involved.
Pros
Free parking. Staff discount
Cons
Work on Xmas eve & Boxing Day
Stockroom
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim15 February 2018
General stockroom duties, stop gap between jobs. Dealing with stock replenishment, stocktaking duties and arranging the shops for the many sale events.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Some unsocial hours
Sales and Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martlesham12 February 2018
Organisation seems to be kind, respectful and willing to work as a team. I learned a lot of key skills needed to participate in a work environment and be productive at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nice staff and good hours
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow12 February 2018
Next was a nice place to work. The stockroom and shop floor teams were always friendly and hardworking, and easy to work and get along with. Hours were good, although longer, but manageable.
Stockroom Team Member - Guildford
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey6 February 2018
It was fun working under the stockroom manger and dealing with deliver on Sunday and sorting out within quick and organise fashion. Overall i enjoyed my time at Next plc.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Bad Management
Good Pay but favouritism with management
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Throckley21 January 2018
Pay was above national minimum and managers were helpful when staff need time off but there is a lot of favouritism by management with the more favourable staff. Also expected to work beyond your capabilities with targets that are almost impossible to complete alone within the time given.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beckton, Greater London7 December 2017
I enjoyed every part of the job, always learning something new, I learnt a lot around the delivery department. All staff were friendly, I had a hard working team working with me in delivery and an excellent manager, very supportive and took care of his staff. We were always updated about products and training via the online portal.
Pros
Staff discount 20%, uniform allowance 50%, flexibility to choose extra shifts
Cons
No discount for temps, uniform allowance depends on number of hours, and maybe more on the discount for staff
Productive and engaging
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester2 December 2017
A good experience to develop teamwork and organisation skills.
Required to meet certain productivity criteria which helped promote efficiency a planning skills
fun but hard
Stock assistant, shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  london26 November 2017
very very very very fun but VERY hard place to work
always busy especially holidays. put backs are a nightmare but i still love this place. if this place was make up related i would work here
temp job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 November 2017
i came here over christmas as a temporary worker to get by over the holidays and made some great friends within the company.

i would go back to work them again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
non
Always hours when necessary.
Next, Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey17 October 2017
As I worked in a large store it was sometimes difficult if I needed help with contract or any other queries.
The best part was the overtime that was always on offer when I wanted extra hours.
Nice company
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire20 September 2017
I work here 10 years ago so I can't remember much, it was a nice place to work as far as I remember but as far as pay etc go a lot has changed but in my opinion for the job I was doing in the stockroom I would advise as a good company for a first time job.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Part time hours
Professional and friendly
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 September 2017
I have enjoyed working for Next and they are i very good company. they have been flexible and helpful when i have needed to change shifts and or home life.
Pros
Good Bonus scheme
Cons
working Christmas.
fun place to work
Stockroom Assistant/ Replenishment Team (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station1 September 2017
i worked there a long time ago, and it was a great pace to work as my first job, most of my colleagues were around the same age as me, so it was very easy to fit in to the team
horrible work place
stock room assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk25 August 2017
Managers talk down to you all the time. Every one was miserable. Impossible targets were set . You tried your best but it was never good enough. Avoid working here
Pros
discount
Cons
most things
Poor management
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guiseley, West Yorkshire14 August 2017
Certain staff are treated differently depending on their relationship with the store manager who is a very off putting unpleasant person. Staff are on edge and often don't speak when the boss is around. Within the management only certain rules are put in place and punishment given for staff they don't have personal relationships with. I've not had a pleasant experience at next, in fact I don't sleep most nights before a shift due to stress of the constant hassle I endure at work from the constant argumentative untrustworthy staff and a boss that I'm targeted by. Fellow young colleagues have had the same issues as myself at work, it seems the older staff think it's acceptable to disrespect younger staff as if we are not capable. I would not recommend this place of work for a young person.
Pros
Staff discount and uniform allowance
Cons
Poor management and unequal treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Next PLC Reviews by Location