Next PLC Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Stockroom
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim15 February 2018
General stockroom duties, stop gap between jobs. Dealing with stock replenishment, stocktaking duties and arranging the shops for the many sale events.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Some unsocial hours
Sales and Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martlesham12 February 2018
Organisation seems to be kind, respectful and willing to work as a team. I learned a lot of key skills needed to participate in a work environment and be productive at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nice staff and good hours
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow12 February 2018
Next was a nice place to work. The stockroom and shop floor teams were always friendly and hardworking, and easy to work and get along with. Hours were good, although longer, but manageable.
Stockroom Team Member - Guildford
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey6 February 2018
It was fun working under the stockroom manger and dealing with deliver on Sunday and sorting out within quick and organise fashion. Overall i enjoyed my time at Next plc.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Bad Management
Good Pay but favouritism with management
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Throckley21 January 2018
Pay was above national minimum and managers were helpful when staff need time off but there is a lot of favouritism by management with the more favourable staff. Also expected to work beyond your capabilities with targets that are almost impossible to complete alone within the time given.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beckton, Greater London7 December 2017
I enjoyed every part of the job, always learning something new, I learnt a lot around the delivery department. All staff were friendly, I had a hard working team working with me in delivery and an excellent manager, very supportive and took care of his staff. We were always updated about products and training via the online portal.
Pros
Staff discount 20%, uniform allowance 50%, flexibility to choose extra shifts
Cons
No discount for temps, uniform allowance depends on number of hours, and maybe more on the discount for staff
Productive and engaging
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester2 December 2017
A good experience to develop teamwork and organisation skills.
Required to meet certain productivity criteria which helped promote efficiency a planning skills
fun but hard
Stock assistant, shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  london26 November 2017
very very very very fun but VERY hard place to work
always busy especially holidays. put backs are a nightmare but i still love this place. if this place was make up related i would work here
temp job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 November 2017
i came here over christmas as a temporary worker to get by over the holidays and made some great friends within the company.

i would go back to work them again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
non
Always hours when necessary.
Next, Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey17 October 2017
As I worked in a large store it was sometimes difficult if I needed help with contract or any other queries.
The best part was the overtime that was always on offer when I wanted extra hours.

Want to know more about Next PLC?

Ask a question
Nice company
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire20 September 2017
I work here 10 years ago so I can't remember much, it was a nice place to work as far as I remember but as far as pay etc go a lot has changed but in my opinion for the job I was doing in the stockroom I would advise as a good company for a first time job.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Part time hours
Professional and friendly
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 September 2017
I have enjoyed working for Next and they are i very good company. they have been flexible and helpful when i have needed to change shifts and or home life.
Pros
Good Bonus scheme
Cons
working Christmas.
fun place to work
Stockroom Assistant/ Replenishment Team (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station1 September 2017
i worked there a long time ago, and it was a great pace to work as my first job, most of my colleagues were around the same age as me, so it was very easy to fit in to the team
horrible work place
stock room assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk25 August 2017
Managers talk down to you all the time. Every one was miserable. Impossible targets were set . You tried your best but it was never good enough. Avoid working here
Pros
discount
Cons
most things
Poor management
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guiseley, West Yorkshire14 August 2017
Certain staff are treated differently depending on their relationship with the store manager who is a very off putting unpleasant person. Staff are on edge and often don't speak when the boss is around. Within the management only certain rules are put in place and punishment given for staff they don't have personal relationships with. I've not had a pleasant experience at next, in fact I don't sleep most nights before a shift due to stress of the constant hassle I endure at work from the constant argumentative untrustworthy staff and a boss that I'm targeted by. Fellow young colleagues have had the same issues as myself at work, it seems the older staff think it's acceptable to disrespect younger staff as if we are not capable. I would not recommend this place of work for a young person.
Pros
Staff discount and uniform allowance
Cons
Poor management and unequal treatment
Slow and can be boring
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gallows corner7 August 2017
The job can be very slow at times which means there is a lot of waiting for instructions. This means that you need to use your initiative to find something productive to do.
Pros
good money
Cons
unsociable hours
Ok.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 August 2017
A lot of hard work for the salary but a large company which taught me a lot about stock control and also about dealing with a large amount of customers.
Productive and good workplace
Next - Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London27 July 2017
It is a good place to work , all of the staff members are good and you can anyboud to help you with anything and they are willing to help. The environment is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Poor pay, long hours
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire18 July 2017
Can be very demanding at sale time. High expectations on individuals to do awkward hours.

Stockroom jobs are often antisocial hours. Management are valued but lower paid staff are not and the pay is very poor.
Pros
uniform allowance, discount.
Cons
sale hours
fast paced and fun
stock assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull13 July 2017
I enjoyed working through a fast-paced atmosphere to get jobs done quickly. It was especially hectic as I was preparing for a sale day but I enjoyed the rush. I liked meeting new people on the day and adapting to work with them. I learnt how to price clothes and had finished my sections very quickly, so I was taken into other departments where I was putting stock out to the shop floor and rearranging items. I en-joyed how there was always something to do.
Pros
I found the work enjoyable
Cons
only worked for the sale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Next PLC Reviews by Location