Next PLC Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

Tough hours, poor management of store as a whole.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 July 2018
Grateful for the experience it taught me and the friends I made there however the store was poorly managed and their was constant complaining from each of the staff members. Someone had always got a problem with someone else and the pressure put on certain departments was unfair in comparison to others.
Good
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland2 July 2018
Good part time job sorting stock from the lorry and making sure it gets onto the shopfloor quickly and efficiently. Working as part of a team and also on your own.
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 June 2018
i had to count stock and put it in its correct place , i would also have to put the stock out in its correct place on the shop floor . we got 30% discount .
Fun place to work
Stockroom Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury15 June 2018
Everyone is always friendly and accommodating which believe me can be a hard thing to come across in retail as most people are out for themselves.

Some people might struggle with the fast pace and being on their feet all day so give it some thought before applying. Awesome place to work as a temp over the summer or Christmas holidays.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours over sale periods
fun
Stockroom Assistant / Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire10 June 2018
many different role, from working on the shop floor to breaking down delivery, their is a role for everyone.

good perks but the hours aren't always flexible
Pros
discount
Cons
working boxing day
Bullies
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham8 June 2018
They expected you to just do your tiny contract and then jump when sale came up and when you refused they made your life working life awful.
Managers were bullies towards staff and some staff were bullies to others and a blind eye was turned.

STAY AWAY
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Little contracts
Next - Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff31 May 2018
Was a great place to work, and offer good flexibility for hours so you can fit your social life around it. The staff working were all pleasant and there was a good atmosphere
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
busy
Awful place to work (Stockroom - Nights)
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 May 2018
A terrible place to work and would not recommend to anyone. No proper training given with awful management. Pathetic new scanning system which requires you to scan the same rail twice, only God knows why. Managers never have anything sorted out when you start your shift, so you spend time looking around for hangers, tags, pins, cubes etc. However you are still expected to work super fast and be on target, utterly ridiculous. Wage is also quite low for a night shift job and the bonus system is the most ludicrous I have ever come across. The managers make an attempt to give a pitiful explanation of how it works, it makes no sense. Job can be very taxing on your body, at the store where I worked the lift was broken and we were required to carry heavy bulks of clothing up numerous stairs for at least 2-3 days. You are simply not appreciated for the work you put in and I found that very demoralizing. Save yourself the stress and do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, terrible scanning system, Low wage for night shifts
So bad
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire2 May 2018
Booked three weeks off for a holiday when I started and they then told me a day before that it hadn’t been booked and I was expected to work. The computer shift booking system automatically signs you up for shifts you don’t want and as I was working another job at this point as well, I was forced to choose between next and my other work.
Wouldn't recommend.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire1 May 2018
Management were unfair.
No training given expected to know everything already.
Long shifts with little break.
Not friendly.
Hard to book holiday off..
Not ideal for long term
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen23 April 2018
If you are still in school, college or uni and want nothing more than a part time assistant job then you'd fit right in. However if you wish to progress and not in education, this may not be the right place for you.
With all the cut backs in the past few years it's become near impossible to climb the ladder.
On the positive side, some staff members are amazing, great to get on with.
Depending on the branch the management can be questionable but I think I'm relatively lucky in my branch.
The salary is somewhat average for retail with a chance of a good bonus if you're a committed worker.
There's a good chance you might get kept on if you're a christmas temp or after the probationary period. The only full time positions available generally fall to management so if you you're an assistant the balance between work and your personal life will be fine.
Pros
Uniform allowance 75% discount
Cons
Slim chance of promotion
Good for a part-time job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London10 April 2018
You would be responsible for maintaining correct levels of stock on shop floor. Assist in transferring out old seasonal stock whilst performing stockroom assistant duties in a warehouse setting. You would assist your fellow stockroom staff in organising and managing the stockroom. You would also prepare and take part in stock take.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay wasn't very competitive, difficult to advance your skills
Christmas retail work
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon22 February 2018
Enjoyed it here everyone is helpful. Organised management and good team work too. Most days where busy but we always finished on time . The store manger is very hands on and gets involved.
Pros
Free parking. Staff discount
Cons
Work on Xmas eve & Boxing Day
Stockroom
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim15 February 2018
General stockroom duties, stop gap between jobs. Dealing with stock replenishment, stocktaking duties and arranging the shops for the many sale events.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Some unsocial hours
Sales and Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martlesham12 February 2018
Organisation seems to be kind, respectful and willing to work as a team. I learned a lot of key skills needed to participate in a work environment and be productive at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nice staff and good hours
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow12 February 2018
Next was a nice place to work. The stockroom and shop floor teams were always friendly and hardworking, and easy to work and get along with. Hours were good, although longer, but manageable.
Stockroom Team Member - Guildford
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey6 February 2018
It was fun working under the stockroom manger and dealing with deliver on Sunday and sorting out within quick and organise fashion. Overall i enjoyed my time at Next plc.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Bad Management
Good Pay but favouritism with management
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Throckley21 January 2018
Pay was above national minimum and managers were helpful when staff need time off but there is a lot of favouritism by management with the more favourable staff. Also expected to work beyond your capabilities with targets that are almost impossible to complete alone within the time given.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beckton, Greater London7 December 2017
I enjoyed every part of the job, always learning something new, I learnt a lot around the delivery department. All staff were friendly, I had a hard working team working with me in delivery and an excellent manager, very supportive and took care of his staff. We were always updated about products and training via the online portal.
Pros
Staff discount 20%, uniform allowance 50%, flexibility to choose extra shifts
Cons
No discount for temps, uniform allowance depends on number of hours, and maybe more on the discount for staff
Productive and engaging
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester2 December 2017
A good experience to develop teamwork and organisation skills.
Required to meet certain productivity criteria which helped promote efficiency a planning skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Next PLC Reviews by Location