Next PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Decent
Sales Consultants (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire15 February 2018
Only worked here Part time, nice management.

Worked hard due to Christmas period

I am just typing to meet the 150 character requirement lolz haha.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Busy
Fast-paced work enviroment, managers are very rarely on shop floors
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Middlesex13 February 2018
Working in next has had it's advantages and disadvantages. It is a very fast-paced environment leaving staff with lots to do. All staff have a 25% discount on non-sale items which is a plus.
Rewarding workplace
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne10 February 2018
The more you put into it the more you got out. There was plenty of overtime and shifts were consistent, this provided a sense of security. The managers were fantastic at their job and the staff were lovely to work with.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 February 2018
Okay company not the best very snobby place to work. sometimes u felt like you couldn't do anything right. and treat there new staff like slaves cause they know they wont say no
Many hours but friendly staff
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  York26 January 2018
Although I was working on a 8 hour contract i often found myself doing between 25-33 per week. As someone who had no other obligations this was not a problem for myself but i could imagine for others it may be. The pay was just over minimum wage, but this was fine as it is my first job. The staff and management were lovely and supportive, which was a huge positive and helped me in my training. The 25% off after two weeks of work was great, but with a fairly low salary and things i needed to use that money for, i was unable to utilise it as much as I would have liked.
Pros
staff
Cons
On your feet constantly and always new experiences each day
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton25 January 2018
Working in next over christmas was good as i was able to pick up more shifts but as the christmas season died down there was less shifts available and my job was becoming less secure.
Definitely not a reliable job if you are just a Temp like i was.
Other than that, the workplace was nice due to the friendly staff and patient customers.
Pros
Lengthy break
great place to work
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Poole23 January 2018
it was a great place to work for students who are looking to temporary earn some money over the Christmas period. there wasnt anything strict on the uniform
Not one of the best places you can work at
Next - Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire17 January 2018
The NEXT I worked at, wasn't the best, a lot of favouritism went on, and managers openly talking amongst themselves, during work hours, on sales floor expressing who they like, which is totally unprofessional and demotivating, thus leading to poor confidential management and workplace culture.
Awful place to work
Sales Consultant/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town15 January 2018
Awful training. After showing you some of what you need to do, they expect it to be perfect. Tell you to ask when you need help but some people seem annoyed when you do ask. Treated like dirt by customers and some employees. Overworked because a lot of people quitting and not taking on more people. Only good thing is that extra hours can be taken up online and some nice people. No training for difficult customers. Overheard staff gossiping about other members of staff. Looked down at for having learning difficulties. Minimum wage is not worth working somewhere that makes you feel completely worthless and stupid, even though I have a degree.

When booking days off, constantly asked to come in. Managers making staff members look stupid to customers. Told after a month of working there that I was wearing the wrong uniform. Told I was not allowed to wear leggins when I had smart skinny trousers on. Shop floor staff have to wear shoes that are not comfortable for the type of work. If you are working shop floor and delivery in one day, you are not allowed to wear comfortable clothes that are safe for carrying heavy boxes. This was not said in a professional manner, I felt more like a naughty child being told off.

Left on my own to work during a busy Christmas shift when I wasn't trained efficiently. Till training was just showing you once and expecting you to remember everything. When not sure about something, someone would just take over or rush through showing what needs to be done. Told off for things that I wasn't made of aware of. Staff ignoring other staff waiting
  more... to get into the building before opening. Not enough equipment, so people take them when you're putting clothes out. This slows the job down and again that is your fault and wrong.

Staff discount was good but was promised a uniform allowance but never received it. Constantly felt on edge working here and as if everything I did was wrong. Working here is likely to give you anxiety. Even harder getting a job after working here.

Constantly told to do something by some employees then told it's wrong by others and act disgusted by doing what you've been told to do. Overly tired and exhausted but made to work at a very high standard with very little sleep. Bonus pay for parcels is 10p to find a parcel and scan it within 1 minute and 15 seconds. Some parcels are not where they are meant to be. Sometimes customers ask you things after the time has started, so no bonus. Customers expecting parcels before they are in the shop or sorted through (text says after 12pm, customers expect it at 12.01. Spoken to you like you are worthless because you work in retail, so customers will be foul in front of everyone to you. Sometimes a nice employee will come over and help explain the situation to the customer. Unrealistic delivery speed that if 1 person doesn't reach it, everyone loses their bonus. Which ends in everyone being off with the newer person. Would not recommend.
Pros
Staff discount. Online portal for picking up hours and booking time off.
Cons
The way you are treated, bonuses, never enough equipment, Customers, some staff, small staff room, management, lack of training...
Productive place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London6 January 2018
Learned a lot of skills
Fast paced environment
Got to meet new people
Gained valuable experience with regards to working the tills and providing the best customer service
fun
HOME SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 December 2017
bad contracts, not any full time available and over time is limited. typical day is dealing with customers placing orders and ensuring stock is out by end of working day.
work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wigan27 December 2017
I didn't work here for very long but from what I can gather its an okay place to work, the staff was friendly and helpful and the discount came in pretty handy as well overall it was okay.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Poole2 December 2017
I enjoyed my time here over the Christmas period. The pay was very good, and the managers and staff were friendly and easy to work with. Only downside was the days I had to work.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Bad timing
Fairly Reasonable Place of Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 November 2017
I have been with the company for 5+ years and have worked in several departments. Pay isn't that good but benefits are furthermore training is good too. Depending on which store you currently work at management could need some improving.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Christmas shifts
Busy workplace
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London29 November 2017
I worked in Next while I was at uni, where I would between the tills or fitting rooms or helping customers out.
You would be expected to be flexible, which is what I expected, but as a uni student, my studying was the priority.

I had fantastic colleagues, they made the job enjoyable
The most challenging part of the job was trying to book holiday off.
Friendly but a bit of a joke
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh27 November 2017
Most of the staff are extremely friendly and I enjoy working with customers and being on the ship floor.

However, they are taking the mick a bit. I’m currently still full time at school studying highers and do an HNC at collage. I’m contracted to work 7 hours but am working over 30. They keep adding me in for shifts even though I tell them that I’m not free.

Apart from that I’ve got no complaints. Hopefully I will get this sorted out and it will be a perfect place to work!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours and not a paid break
Part-time
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Inverness21 November 2017
Great training programme, Lots of extra hours available, like how everything is online rota, wages, extra shifts ect. Downside all contracts except management are couple of hours per week. Good benefits and discounts and some of the management team are excellent.
Skills development good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire16 November 2017
This job gave me the opportunity to dvelop many skills, especially as it was my first ever job. I enjoyed developing my professionalism, my ability to manage the shop floor and I was given opportunities to work both as part of a team and independently.
Pros
Good opportunity to develop skills
Cons
Poor communication between staff and management
welcoming and warm
Sales Consultant and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
I worked at the Next in the Lowry, Salford and the staff were great and everyone was like a family because it is a small store. There was only one fairly small floor with all deparments on so im sure you can imagine how many staff there were - not a lot. i loved working there from the staff to the environment to the customers because of where its located.
Pros
relaxed environment and friendly staff
Cons
no full time positions
Challenging but rewarding.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead1 November 2017
Working at Next in their Home store has allowed me to develop customer service skills to a high level and understand the needs of the customers, staff and working as a team.
A typical day at work involved cleaning, tidying, dealing with enquiries, sales transactions and placing interest free credit sales for expensive purchases.
The culture was enjoyable as teamwork was often a daily function and with dedicated staff the job was completed efficiently.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers and see their opinions on different decorations and furniture, and being able to help design their spaces.
Pros
Good bonus scheme
Cons
Management at times could be very intimidating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.