Next PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 May 2018
Enjoyed interacting with different customers on a daily basis. Great opportunity to understand what happens behinds the scenes of a reputable high street retailer.
Brilliant work Environment
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire23 April 2018
There is room for development, staff are willing to help each other if you're unsure of anything. Management team is lovely and there is plenty of flexible hours
An enjoyable job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scotland16 April 2018
A good job for while you are at University or College. Reasonable benefits and bonuses. (25% staff discount, 75% uniform discount. Can earn more money depending on good service and sales) High staff and management turnover but has never negatively impacted the store. Overall, a decent job.
Pros
Can earn more money through bonuses.
Cons
Boxing Day sale.
Lovely place of work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran, Monmouthshire10 April 2018
This was my first attempt at retail and I absolutely loved it, although a lot to take in at very busy time of the year, everyone had a lot of time for me which I really appreciated.
Great staff morale with excellent management.
Customers in my opinion were all wonderful and surprisingly very kind.
Lovely friendly staff of all ages.
Good Colleagues
Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh25 March 2018
Fun and easy work however life work balance is not good, sometimes very boring when there is not a lot of customers, hours over sale time are no very reasonable
Pros
Fun
Cons
Unsociable hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westbury22 March 2018
Good place to work, friendly staff and atmosphere and everyone is supportive and works as a team. Management is always good, always know what i need to be doing and where i need to be and at hand to always help when needed.
Pros
Friendly staff, nice work environment
Cons
Pay
Good work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire24 February 2018
Productive fast paced environment with supportive staff who are happy to train new staff and ensure that staff are ready for their respective roles and any other responsibilities
Great work culture
London Conley - Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  London22 February 2018
I work at the warehouse distribution centre and it is a different working environment from the store, nonetheless less the work culture is the same. I have not seen anyone unhappy since I have been working with them for over 5 months.
Pros
Great working culture
Cons
pay could be better
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ashford16 February 2018
Very well organised, amazing training scheme to help you learn everything, pay rise when you've complete training and many more chances to get more money such as the secret shopper. Also rewarded with gift cards, get uniform allowance and discount.
Pros
Great pay, discounts and schemes to earn more and progress
Cons
Lacks hours after Christmas, typically hard to get into a Next store
Decent
Sales Consultants (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire15 February 2018
Only worked here Part time, nice management.

Worked hard due to Christmas period

I am just typing to meet the 150 character requirement lolz haha.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Busy
Fast-paced work enviroment, managers are very rarely on shop floors
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Middlesex13 February 2018
Working in next has had it's advantages and disadvantages. It is a very fast-paced environment leaving staff with lots to do. All staff have a 25% discount on non-sale items which is a plus.
Rewarding workplace
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne10 February 2018
The more you put into it the more you got out. There was plenty of overtime and shifts were consistent, this provided a sense of security. The managers were fantastic at their job and the staff were lovely to work with.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 February 2018
Okay company not the best very snobby place to work. sometimes u felt like you couldn't do anything right. and treat there new staff like slaves cause they know they wont say no
Many hours but friendly staff
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  York26 January 2018
Although I was working on a 8 hour contract i often found myself doing between 25-33 per week. As someone who had no other obligations this was not a problem for myself but i could imagine for others it may be. The pay was just over minimum wage, but this was fine as it is my first job. The staff and management were lovely and supportive, which was a huge positive and helped me in my training. The 25% off after two weeks of work was great, but with a fairly low salary and things i needed to use that money for, i was unable to utilise it as much as I would have liked.
Pros
staff
Cons
On your feet constantly and always new experiences each day
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton25 January 2018
Working in next over christmas was good as i was able to pick up more shifts but as the christmas season died down there was less shifts available and my job was becoming less secure.
Definitely not a reliable job if you are just a Temp like i was.
Other than that, the workplace was nice due to the friendly staff and patient customers.
Pros
Lengthy break
great place to work
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Poole23 January 2018
it was a great place to work for students who are looking to temporary earn some money over the Christmas period. there wasnt anything strict on the uniform
Not one of the best places you can work at
Next - Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire17 January 2018
The NEXT I worked at, wasn't the best, a lot of favouritism went on, and managers openly talking amongst themselves, during work hours, on sales floor expressing who they like, which is totally unprofessional and demotivating, thus leading to poor confidential management and workplace culture.
Awful place to work
Sales Consultant/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town15 January 2018
Awful training. After showing you some of what you need to do, they expect it to be perfect. Tell you to ask when you need help but some people seem annoyed when you do ask. Treated like dirt by customers and some employees. Overworked because a lot of people quitting and not taking on more people. Only good thing is that extra hours can be taken up online and some nice people. No training for difficult customers. Overheard staff gossiping about other members of staff. Looked down at for having learning difficulties. Minimum wage is not worth working somewhere that makes you feel completely worthless and stupid, even though I have a degree.

When booking days off, constantly asked to come in. Managers making staff members look stupid to customers. Told after a month of working there that I was wearing the wrong uniform. Told I was not allowed to wear leggins when I had smart skinny trousers on. Shop floor staff have to wear shoes that are not comfortable for the type of work. If you are working shop floor and delivery in one day, you are not allowed to wear comfortable clothes that are safe for carrying heavy boxes. This was not said in a professional manner, I felt more like a naughty child being told off.

Left on my own to work during a busy Christmas shift when I wasn't trained efficiently. Till training was just showing you once and expecting you to remember everything. When not sure about something, someone would just take over or rush through showing what needs to be done. Told off for things that I wasn't made of aware of. Staff ignoring other staff waiting
  more... to get into the building before opening. Not enough equipment, so people take them when you're putting clothes out. This slows the job down and again that is your fault and wrong.

Staff discount was good but was promised a uniform allowance but never received it. Constantly felt on edge working here and as if everything I did was wrong. Working here is likely to give you anxiety. Even harder getting a job after working here.

Constantly told to do something by some employees then told it's wrong by others and act disgusted by doing what you've been told to do. Overly tired and exhausted but made to work at a very high standard with very little sleep. Bonus pay for parcels is 10p to find a parcel and scan it within 1 minute and 15 seconds. Some parcels are not where they are meant to be. Sometimes customers ask you things after the time has started, so no bonus. Customers expecting parcels before they are in the shop or sorted through (text says after 12pm, customers expect it at 12.01. Spoken to you like you are worthless because you work in retail, so customers will be foul in front of everyone to you. Sometimes a nice employee will come over and help explain the situation to the customer. Unrealistic delivery speed that if 1 person doesn't reach it, everyone loses their bonus. Which ends in everyone being off with the newer person. Would not recommend.
Pros
Staff discount. Online portal for picking up hours and booking time off.
Cons
The way you are treated, bonuses, never enough equipment, Customers, some staff, small staff room, management, lack of training...
Productive place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London6 January 2018
Learned a lot of skills
Fast paced environment
Got to meet new people
Gained valuable experience with regards to working the tills and providing the best customer service
fun
HOME SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 December 2017
bad contracts, not any full time available and over time is limited. typical day is dealing with customers placing orders and ensuring stock is out by end of working day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.