Next PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Found 364 reviews matching the search See all 3,157 reviews
Horrible Unpleasant Workplace
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex18 January 2019
Pay is absolute demeaning for older adults. Only £7.66 . I got paid £6.11 due to age.I quit after working for approx 6 months from July - Dec 2018. I’m 17 now. Management was horrible, i worked part time, did not allow me holiday even when I requested it months before hand always. I never was given Uniform allowance till Dec even then they did not tell & it was too late to use. Staff same level as you, try to boss you around. Not a great place for young adults or old people. I hear few mates (30+ yrs old) never seeing their kids due to workplace shifts. They over work you, make you do roles which is not included in the description of your role at all! Lakeside store, every month loses staff due to their ludicrous shift rota. Happy to leave & jobless right now than being there.
I worked Friday evenings & Sundays. I had group of nice friends. But one by one we all left, it wasn’t a great place at all, they really don’t care about your personal life. Expect so much and give low profile star ratings all the time.
Pros
Free snacks on Boxing day and sales etc. Vending machine.
Cons
Shift rota, overtime constant, management poor
Exciting & rewarding career
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chester14 January 2019
Customer service and finding out what task need doing for the day. I learned about merchandising stock. Stockroom duties on deliveries and stock rotation. A friendly helpful team. The hardest part was sale time and coming in early on Boxing day and leaving late on Christmas eve. The most enjoyable part was being in a family of team members and a happy relaxed environment to work in.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Travelling on public transport.
Buen Ambiente de trabajo
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire11 January 2019
Me recibieron con brazos abiertos. Mucha motivacion para trabajar y me gustó
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Consultant Delivery (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 January 2019
Friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed working here and meeting new people management appracoachable and offered help when required. Left due to distance and travel issues
Pros
Salary
Cons
Distance
Summer Sale Assistant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon31 December 2018
I loved this job and everyone in the company. I really liked the idea of having an online rota which you could use to pick up extra shifts or to give shifts up, it gave me the opportunity to work shifts I wouldn't usually be working and to gain new skills, for example, I was able to work on delivery one morning. I have gained many new skills that I wouldn't have learnt in my previous jobs, due to the variety of job roles within the company. Next is a great company to work with, the management team were incredible and always friendly.
Producitve
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK2 December 2018
Helping people to find clothes was nice because when they found items they liked they were happy. I enjoyed working here as I developed and expanded on my customer service skills.
A friendly and busy environment to work in
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Silverlink Shopping Centre, North Shields9 November 2018
I have worked at next for over 10 years in total and have enjoyed working. I have worked with some great people and love helping customers find what they want. I enjoy working with the public and thrive in a customer service or sales environment
A good first job.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands7 November 2018
A typical day at work at next would include coming in before the shop opening hours to clean and tidy the stock and do a shop floor scan or move which would be in the weekdays if we had a phase change or after sales. A shop floor scan was a weekly occurrence which made sure that all of the systems and logs were up to date of where the clothes were and how much stock we had. I would be placed either replenishing the stock, moving stock, tidying the stock or on the tills and in the fitting rooms. Occasionally i would be put on delivery to help other areas out. When we had sales, i would always be on sale prep the night before and on the early as i was an experienced member of staff.
Next was my first job and it taught me patience and commitment. I was very committed to helping my team and i very much enjoyed the social aspect of the job.
The hardest part of the job was the difficult and unsociable hours when it was sale time,
The most enjoyable part of the job was making friendships and everyone helping each other out.
Pros
Being so sociable at work
Cons
Long sometimes difficult hours
Productive Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands6 November 2018
This was a very good place to work. Extra hours were always available. Management were firm but approachable when needed. All in all was a good experience.
friendly and enjoyable
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 November 2018
Overall working at next has made me learn and establish arrange of skills. The team overall are very supportive and consist of a wealth of knowledge that they are always happy to share with their staff. Next is great place to work, very enjoyable environment to work at.
Brilliant workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Guiseley, West Yorkshire29 October 2018
Brilliant company to work for, professional staff and managers. Always happy to help with any work you don't understand etc. Good pay, holidays and career.
good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coventry23 October 2018
working on shop floor on Menswear Department, serving customers.

Worked on the tills.

Also help on deliveries on Sat .

Keeping shop floor tidy.

working on different departments if asked by management.
Pros
Good discount for staff and family
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and Fun Environment
Stockroom Assistant/ Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Solihull19 October 2018
At Next the management and staff are nice, helpful, approachable people who will help you out if you have a problem. The stockroom job is mostly manual labour, with the shopfloor jobs mostly helping customers out. You are always busy and never bored.
Good first job, lively workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 September 2018
I worked on Saturdays and was consistently encouraged by my team leader to complete training courses to improve my skills, therefore I feel this job taught me a lot about retail. However there was often a lack of support directly on the shop floor from the management which sometimes left me unsure what to do.
Pros
Really good system to see/adjust/pick up shifts (Shift Marketplace)
Cons
Lack of management support
Learning Workplace
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  London, haringey20 September 2018
Great place to gain new experiences in! Perfect for a first job especially for students as it can be flexible.

Management are very organised and make sure all staff are up to date with the changes within the store.

I was able to develop my communications skills as well gained various new skills whilst working at Next, for example I had gained; banking skills (whilst working on tills), problem solving skills (dealing with customer complaints or needs), customer service skills (communicating with customers), Team working skills (being able to bring ideas forward amongst colleagues and Managers), time management (arriving to work on time) and lastly I was able to gain leadership skills (making sure everyone feels comfortable and supporting others in bringing ideas forward with confidence).

The hardest part of the job is facing different types of customers, for example difficult customers. However, I was able to learn ways in which I am able to make sure the customer is satisfied with their experience whilst purchasing a product and is always leaving the store happy with the needs I am able to assist them with.

As well as dealing with difficult customers can be the hardest part of the job, it had also been the most enjoyable part of the job to meet new faces everyday and being able to help others has always kept me positive!
Pros
Discounts
great place, horrible management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey15 September 2018
the people/colleagues were great and very accommodating to new people, but its very common for the management to employ people under the pretence of a perm contract but only end up offering temp.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
contracts
A typical day at work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry11 September 2018
Customer service was always at the heart of Next. Our customer service was regularly reviewed and indeed there was a bonus incentive scheme to encourage this.
fantastic
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 August 2018
it was fun the manager was more of a colleague than a boss he gave me a lot of knowledge at work and also in life in general excellent bantar best retail company to work for.
Repetitive Work, Poor Pay, Bad Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim18 August 2018
Underpaid big time to deal with customers. £7.38 an hour for over 21 but someone who has worked for a year for Next but only 18 will be on the same hourly pay instead of the minimum wage for that age range. How is that fair? Should be at least £9 an hour now.

Jobs carried out are tedious and repetitive. Little thanks given by management for going above and beyond to complete tasks.
Pros
Possible Bonus dependent on Sales
Cons
Boxing Day Sales
Fun Workplace
Next - Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes16 August 2018
I had many responsibilities whilst working at Next. For example:
Use specialised product knowledge to assist customers in designated store;
Identifying and responding to customer needs;
Locating specific items for shoppers;
Priced merchandise;
Distributed stock to shop floor;
Worked well as a team whilst under pressure;
Maintained clear area policy.
I was also able to meet and work with such an amazing team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Next PLC Reviews by Location