Next PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Very poor management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  victoria plaza16 February 2018
Management can never organise the rotas properly. Just very very poor management. Most line managers cannot even communicate in English properly. The workplace culture is friendly, but there's still a lot of inside politics and favouritism. Customers are also quite rude, although the exceptional regular customers are very polite!
Not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen12 February 2018
The staff were not very nice to one another. The Managers as well weren't very nice either. The hours weren't great either, they were always changing and not set hours.
Good experience gained
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire8 February 2018
Good experience gained overall and something to add to the cv. Good work for any teenagers/students looking for work whilst studying. Reasonable salary
Alright
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear7 February 2018
Salary is minimum, workplace is nice and everyone is friendly. However not many hours are available meaning wages are restricted heavily each month, which is not good
Pros
Make friendship
Cons
Bad pay not many hour
good place
Friends and Family Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim5 February 2018
i only worked here as part of the sale team in the friends and family scheme, however youre just expected to be able to know what to do with basic training which is hard
busy
PART TIME SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 February 2018
very busy in the shop, supporting customers to find the right size and accessories to match an outfit.
Working on the tills and supporting returns and transactions promptly.
Bbb
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Working at next was good. Built up team making skills and made me feel very welcome. Staff were polite most days. Stock room well organised. Overall a fun place to work.
Could treat staff better.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey28 January 2018
I was in a car crash and then was made to feel bad for not doing two twelve hour shifts in a row. Poor management and staff care, all they care about is their own benefits.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long hours, Bad managment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Aintree, Merseyside27 January 2018
Ever since starting Next I have learnt many different skills such as merchandising, picking replen, phase changes, using my initiative in order to see what needs to be complete and setting up staff on certain tasks, this also includes becoming a team coach. The most enjoyable part of working in next is how lovely the staff are and welcoming to new staff. However the hardest part of the job was the long hour which most times would carry late into the night.
Pros
The staff, extar pay such as picking up parcels and temporary directory cards
Cons
Very late and long hours which are not needed
Amazing place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 January 2018
Working here has been an enjoyable and pleasant experience with great managers and great colleagues. I have had to work quickly and accurately. It has helped me be quick thinking.
Pros
amazing employee care
Cons
sometimes long shifts during sale eg very late nights
Interesting place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon24 January 2018
Through my time working at next I found that the staff were great and easy to get along with, management, although it changed every six months were ok but mostly unorganised and always pressuring everyone to get things done at the last second rather than having any real plan. If you enjoy interacting with people and customers and don't mind doing having to do very repetitive and boring tasks every shift then you will enjoy this job, but retail isn't for everyone. I ended up doing overtime on the majority of my shifts which is a bit of a pain as almost every time I got underpaid and it was quite a hassle to get it resolved. Overall it is not a bad place to work from the experience I had, but personally I wouldn't want to ever work there again.
nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2018
Marketing is poorly communicated from head office to team members.
Senior management make no effort to speak to team members and are not approachable or friendly.
They expect very high standards and work even on minimum wage.
Website/career portal discusses 'great career opportunities' even though no one has been sent on a training programme in the past 12 months in my store.
Constantly changing
terrible pay
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire21 January 2018
They dictate when you should work. Your hours are changed every year to suit business needs. Great if you want new clothes every season! but not if you want to earn good money.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Terrible working hours.
average retail job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh19 January 2018
average job with focus on sales. Can be really difficult during sales season as the shop gets very busy and they do not employ enough extra members of staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon19 January 2018
fantastic team, great people to work with! as long as you work hard your job will come second nature to you. training was very helpful and extensive, always checking up you after youve started.
terrible company to work for
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Castleford Central and Glasshoughton16 January 2018
management were always rude and did not care if you were genuinely ill, terrible staff benefits and discounts, was not an enjoyable place to work at all.
Great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Great place to work for, very nice staff. Products are of great quality and the application process is quite easy. Definitely would recommend to someone who wants to work in retail.
Next - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford15 January 2018
hi I loved working for next this company’s so was good even my sister worked there because it’s so enjoyable and plus I love helping people with clothes and our customer service was great
Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen City14 January 2018
Just quit my job at next. Was working a 5.5 hour contract and within one week of working there, I was working for 30 hours a week which I told them I could not do. The management are unorganised and treat the staff really badly. At the interview they asked me to bring in the holidays I had planned for the next 6 months so I did that. Then a few weeks later (2 weeks till my holiday that I had booked) the manager told me that I had to book it off online which couldn’t be done as it was too short notice to do so. Never got till training even though I was put on many shifts where I was working on the till, including the Black Friday sale weekend. I was also only trained for 4 shifts and then was told to do it online by myself. Awful place to work, do not recommend.
Cons
Bad management. Short breaks. Rude staff
Management vs The Real Workers
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire14 January 2018
This company is clueless on how to keep its staff content. Continuously demanding unreasonable hours outside of your availability; making the possibility of achieving bonus harder and harder month by month; expecting more and more from staff with less staff and fewer hours, and all of this whilst it treats its management and head office like royalty with nights away (aka "Product Training events") and hiring expensive bands to entertain whilst they eat and drink to their hearts content.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.