Next PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beckton5 October 2018
working here is fun because the people here are nice and that is important. the staff and management are so friendly and understanding. if you need help, there will always be someone to help you.
Productive lace
Next - Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton5 October 2018
It’s a job where you are always busy so you will never get bored which means it is very productive and fun. The staff here are lovely and very supportive.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Sometime work early
Flexible work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 September 2018
did not enjoy my time in here, while its flexible for you to work around your other commitment. You dont get treated properly, you are expected to do so much. Pay is not that great either
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Friendly environment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland26 September 2018
Was a good temporary first job - friendly colleagues and good work environment
- the best part of the job was helping the customers
- the hardest part was being on your feet all the time
- I was happy with the job when I had it as it was a good way to be introduced into retail and get some work experience
- a typical day was quite busy and consisted mostly of serving customers
Pros
Good colleagues
short,good and busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull17 September 2018
i only did one shift at next and it was the boxing day sales shift, i was a Christmas temp, it was a very busy but organised shift. everyone was very helpful there and i did enjoy my short time there.
Not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim15 September 2018
I worked here for a short period and didn't exactly enjoy it. Staff was not very friendly or helpful for someone who is new to the job so I found it a little difficult trying to get on.
relaxed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayr13 September 2018
was a relaxed environment, only worked sales so was not a full-time employee. Time there was pricing sale items and stocking those items on the shop floor
Fab to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside12 September 2018
I enjoyed working over the Boxing Day sale period even though it was a hectic period. Good pay even though I was only 16 at the time and lovely management
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading10 September 2018
I loved working there they was like family I was so happy there I just looking for new start now different things next is really good company to work for
Pros
Great with family
Alright
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City1 September 2018
theres a definite divide between full time staff and students that work there.
for those that next is their career they take it far too seriously and don't seem to understand that students couldn't care bout their weekend job
Cons
sale time is awful
Very lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leyton Mills28 August 2018
Very good place to work, wonderful team members, with a lot of work to de done, you can never be bored.
I enjoy dealing with customers and always try to deliver the best service towards customers and the responsibilities/tasks of my shift.
Pros
Great flexibility towards your ability to work.
Cons
Doesn't give you an opportunity to develop and progress.
Bad Management, Unproductive, Profit making company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wednesfield, West Midlands27 August 2018
Embarrassing place to work. Treat their staff like dirt. Won't let the staff work over 16hrs a week. Only promote to staff to those who's face fits. Management couldn't run if they tried.

Children's-wear manager was rude but used to cry to get attention a sign of weakness if you asked me.
Another member of the staff on the home department, was her best-friend. Both snakes if you asked me.
Pros
25% discount. But not on sale stuff.
Cons
everything
Ok job for temporary employment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Colne27 August 2018
Reasonable as a part time temporary job. Not much scope at all for progression. I have been working here for 3 years and my main complaint is that you have to book holidays way in advance, and they don't let you change them once booked. So little flexibility in that sense. The managers will put your name down for shifts without consulting you and thats never a nice conversation to have.
Uniform allowance and staff discount are good to have.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not much stimulation.
Amazing workplace
Sales Assistant (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee) –  Derry21 August 2018
My job in Next PLC was temporary for sales and it was amazing. Staff and Management were so lovely and kind. They were understanding and compassionate. Would highly recommend working for Next PLC.
Repetitive and Unwelcoming
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2018
I worked here when I was 16/17 and frequently felt patronised by managers as I was younger and I felt they would often give me the worst jobs to do knowing that I would not argue.
I worked relentlessly throughout the sale and other busy periods, and I would often be the only till trained member of staff on a department which made it hard to give good customer service as was expected.
I was at college at the time and they would sometimes ask me to skip classes so I could work and be annoyed when I said no.
I was frequently moved about and given different areas to work in when I had little experience.
The work in general was very repetitive.
It might have been to do with the time that I worked there and my age but they made me feel very unwelcome and I used to dread going in.
Pros
Other members of staff could pick up your shifts online
Cons
Not a nice environment
Good job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Very busy period. Memebers of staff were really friendly and you was able to get along with others. Jobs werent that hard and it was flexible. Good management and people were nice.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
busy all the time
Bully environment and terrible management, all for minimum wage (even at 11pm on Christmas Eve)
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland13 August 2018
I have recently left this company after working here for 5 years and my biggest regret is that I didn't leave sooner. Out of the 4 managers I had 3 of them were unprofessional, unfair and incapable. When I left the shop I was working in last I left with 5 other members of staff, who also couldn't bear the mind numbingly boring work with constant tension and stress any longer. To top it all off a few of us including myself, ended up owing the company money which they "accidentally overpaid us" at some point.

Also having to work every day coming up to a Christmas as well as into the night on Christmas Eve and straight back in on Boxing Day morning for no extra pay and far more stress is never worth it.

The only good thing about this job is the strong bonds you make with other staff on your level, who are also a bit miserable.

Don't work for this company.
Pros
25% discount on poor quality items.
Cons
Having to work into the night on Christmas Eve, to be straight back in for Boxing Day morning. All for minimum wage.
Fun experience as some roles allow you to socialise with the customers.
Next - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 August 2018
Even doing the most unsatisfactory job role which was recovering clothes which were no longer on there hangers had its peak of being in an ordinary conversation.
Pros
You could put your shift online for the chance that i’d get picked by a colleague.
Cons
Nothing.
hated it
sales assistance for Wakefield Trinity (Former Employee) –  Trinity10 August 2018
it was hard work where everyone wanted to get to the top. the managers actually used to scare me and made me hate going to work even more. i gave up on retail
Modern place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2018
I would serve and approach customers on the shopfloor meeting their need and expectations I learned about the basics of customers service and teamwork the management was very helpful and friendly and the culture was calm and well mannered, the hardest part was working during busy periods and the most most enjoyable part was serving customers as they came into the store.
Pros
Calm working environment
Cons
Busy sale period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.