Next PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales assistant
Next - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington10 May 2018
A happy place and very friendly place to work with the staff and managers, the extra shift that are available to pick up is a good idea for the company and the staff that works with in each store .
Pros
Discount
good for people looking for there first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands8 May 2018
in a morning I get to work at 8:40am and tend to start ten minutes early to make sure that the floor is ready for the day of sales and look presentable to out potential customers, then wait for my manager to tell me todays targets and what we should be doing.

the hardest part of my job is that there are not enough hours going at my current job because they are about to move to a new shop so there are no contracts going at the moment.

there's better than the satisfaction knowing that today you have helped someone who might be having a bad day and making them leave with a smile on there face.

I have learnt a lot over the past two years from working with Next plc,
about how the customer should always be you main priority in work
Pros
staff discount and merry hill discount
Cons
no hours
was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire1 May 2018
only worked there as a Christmas temp so cant really say much about the place at the time it had lovely staff and was run very well but wasn't really for me
enjoyable place to work, great advantages
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Blackburn1 May 2018
Very flexible hours, usually extra work if you need the money. Gain great customer service skills and can work your way up in the business. Friendly staff and great discounts.
Pros
Great discount, online and in store. Good pay
Cons
Working boxing day, long hours
Team Players
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife27 April 2018
Loved my time at next, staff are all welcoming and friendly, and work together as a team. the staff discount is great and the management are always usually really understanding,
Pros
staff discound
Cons
compulsory sale days ie boxing day
loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 April 2018
lovely place to work just the pay was an issue, no career progression
but made some good friends and gained lots of experience in the customer service role
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim23 April 2018
Management are rude, disrespectful and are always talking down to staff. Worst place to work. Get no thanks for working weeks on end with no days off. Horrible environment to be in and staff aren’t any better to be around.
all I can say is hmmm
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire17 April 2018
well the only reason as to why i have stayed for as long as i have is because of the people, management is poor, pay is poor but the flexibility of the hours is good. I am only a part-timer
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands12 April 2018
The staff was very friendly and helping. Mostly consisted of staying on the shop floor and if necessary behind the tills as well if the queues were long. I looked forward to everyday as it was an incredible experience and really good for a first job.
Fun and helpful workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester9 April 2018
Enthusiastic team to work with, lots of opportunity to develop a wide range of retail knowledge.
Good hours that accommodated for holiday and flexible weekly.

Want to know more about Next PLC?

Ask a question
Not to bad
Next - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon4 April 2018
Can be quite cliques with cattiness can be fun working with public and fashion great at training customer service and company bonuses and uniform allowance plus incentives in-store for gift cards etc was more physical as you carry lots of stock and all day on your feet walking thousands of steps to and fro the stockrooms for customers...contracts available are small but you are required to work more hrs and it's not great working late nights for phase changes or working long hrs over christmas and sale periods etc.
Pros
Uniform allowance & staff discount
Cons
No Christmas
Overall nice people managers are rude
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff31 March 2018
Pay is pathetic, managers are horrible to you but the other staff are always nice and will treat you with respect, customers can be either very nice or completely vile towards you, like anywhere.
Pros
Discount in greggs
Cons
Horrible mangers
Slow
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire28 March 2018
Working at Next Braehead has certainly been an experience. Shifts go in slow. The training at Next is good. Working over the sale periods will be the worst shifts of your life. Management are rarely on the floor so this requires staff to use their initiative. Getting uniform is a very hard long process. Management have to approve uniform and this can be hard for younger employees and annoying paying for clothes you will never wear again. It is difficult to get extra hours unless it's christmas or over a sale period. They red week a number of weeks throughout the year and it is mandatory that you're able to work within that time. This is why a number of employees need to leave over the summer. I have made a number of good friend but it is full of cliques, if you're not liked by management you're stuffed!
Pros
25% discount, good wage, training
Cons
bad management, difficult to get extra hours
Slightly toxic work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire18 March 2018
Found staff members who already worked there to be rude and dismissive of new staff, manager was horrid and treated me with contempt. Found the whole environment disgusting and the facilities were dirty.
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
30 minute lunch and no toilet breaks.
Productive and fun loving
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton18 March 2018
I have been working with Next plc for the last 5 years.I have learned to work as a team work or individually .plays an important role in daily tasks.I really enjoy working there as i gained alot of experience .
Pros
discount
Below satisfactory.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  anonymous18 March 2018
As a new employee, you are given very minimal training and expected to work on the tills on your own on your very first shift, despite knowing very minimal about the till system.

The pay was absolutely appalling for the work expected of you- however does go up after you pass the 3 month probationary period, but a majority of Next contracts are shorter than this so you don't actually get the pay rise. There were younger people, on higher pay.

Breaks are cut short by making your shift 15 minutes short of a longer break e.g. a 5h45 (not 6h) 7h45 (not 8h) so your not entitled to a full break. This happened on very regular basis.

Management were rude and power thirsty. Expected 100% effort from staff, with no acknowledgement of their hard work and were quick to criticize and undermine people.

As for the staff, many were sly, rude and just not very nice people to be around. Which made my time at next, one i was eager to put in the past.

The job its self, was incredibly boring and monotonous.

So in conclusion, I'd steer well away from next as an employer!
Pros
Discount (after two weeks of service)
Cons
Everything.
Amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport15 March 2018
I genuinely loved working here. While it was short, i learned a lot and met some incredible kind and funny people, I just wish I worked there longer. They trained me in just a few days and I quickly became part of the family
Typical Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire14 March 2018
At Next they have very high standards of what they expect on the shop floor. The management get involved during busy periods and everyone knows where they should be and what they are doing.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Sale period
Fun but Hard.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran, Monmouthshire13 March 2018
The people at Next Cwmbran are really lovely. I enjoyed my time there very much. The work was fun, but hard with a few long hours. I would definitely work there again now my kids are older.
Pros
Great people to work for.
Great workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham9 March 2018
The staff was amazing and so was the atmosphere. I did not last in this job because it was only Christmas temporary. I loved turning up to work because i was included a lot and the environment was lovey,
Pros
good pay
Cons
not permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.