Next PLC Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 987 reviews matching the search See all 2,981 reviews
Good job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
Very busy period. Memebers of staff were really friendly and you was able to get along with others. Jobs werent that hard and it was flexible. Good management and people were nice.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
busy all the time
Bully environment and terrible management, all for minimum wage (even at 11pm on Christmas Eve)
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland13 August 2018
I have recently left this company after working here for 5 years and my biggest regret is that I didn't leave sooner. Out of the 4 managers I had 3 of them were unprofessional, unfair and incapable. When I left the shop I was working in last I left with 5 other members of staff, who also couldn't bear the mind numbingly boring work with constant tension and stress any longer. To top it all off a few of us including myself, ended up owing the company money which they "accidentally overpaid us" at some point.

Also having to work every day coming up to a Christmas as well as into the night on Christmas Eve and straight back in on Boxing Day morning for no extra pay and far more stress is never worth it.

The only good thing about this job is the strong bonds you make with other staff on your level, who are also a bit miserable.

Don't work for this company.
Pros
25% discount on poor quality items.
Cons
Having to work into the night on Christmas Eve, to be straight back in for Boxing Day morning. All for minimum wage.
hated it
sales assistance for Wakefield Trinity (Former Employee) –  Trinity10 August 2018
it was hard work where everyone wanted to get to the top. the managers actually used to scare me and made me hate going to work even more. i gave up on retail
Modern place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2018
I would serve and approach customers on the shopfloor meeting their need and expectations I learned about the basics of customers service and teamwork the management was very helpful and friendly and the culture was calm and well mannered, the hardest part was working during busy periods and the most most enjoyable part was serving customers as they came into the store.
Pros
Calm working environment
Cons
Busy sale period
Next Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydenham7 August 2018
At next you are greeted by friendly staff and management which creates a good healthy working environment. the mix of younger and older staff allows for learning and entertainment
Pros
Good team building
sales assistant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2018
Greeting customers who enter the shop.
Be involved in stock control and management.
Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
Stocking shelves with merchandise.
Answering queries from customers.
Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London7 August 2018
It was a summer job, really enjoyed working in next, they have such a nice branding quality and a unique way of interacting with customer which i respected during my experience.
next sale
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Blackpool6 August 2018
worked for the next sale. busy but hour break made up for it. good rate of pay and good management as shifts ran smoothly and staff were able to work together efficiently
Pros
good break system, good pay
Cons
very busy in peak times
Management Need upskilling
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire6 August 2018
Worked here for 3 years and the management expect a lot from you with little thanks in return, If you can't change your hours on a week they become funny with you and alienate you, Temp seasonal staff get treated better.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Starting
Sweat shop!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spalding3 August 2018
The branch was very poorly managed, both managers would individually come and give different instruction, this created much confusion among the workforce, the attitude of managers to staff i can only describe as appalling.
great work place
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 August 2018
Not worked at next for a long time but when I did I loved it such a great place to work good discount staff are lovely if I had any worries I could go to the manager with out any hesitation I also loved working with the customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
Haveing to work one day out of the weekend but that goes with any job.
Dont do it!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbria30 July 2018
Started out good, like really good(because your new!)
If you don't do extra shifts/longer shifts they don't want to know you.
Always write down your hours as you'll find you don't get paid for what youve worked!
If your face doesn't fit you won't get anywhere
Pros
Discount
Cons
management
Good and bad
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington28 July 2018
I was part of the sales team. The hours fly by as you are able to speak to other members as well as having music on. However, i had aches and pains from doing this job due to going up and down ladders, and from lifting heavy boxes. I thought more training was needed.
I was fortunate to know several people working on my team, but if you didn't know anybody it could be lonely as you don't get introduced to people. You never see the manager or the team leader either.

However, it is a good company to work for. There are benefits.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Sore back
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braehead27 July 2018
Its a good place to work for but can be stressful at times. everyone is nice you to have the once that think they are mangers. Its defiantly a good place for young people to make new friends and bring them out there shell if there quiet.
Very productive job
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  West Sussex26 July 2018
While the job and staff themselves made the job fun, there was little job security and despite asking frequently to become a basal member of staff, I was never contacted again about this. The pay was also very low given the high demand of shifts given and jobs required to do on the job.
Pros
Can select sales items for oneself
Cons
Low job satisfaction
Very hierarchal workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Sussex25 July 2018
Bad treatment of those who are younger despite doing the same job. Many of the managers talk to you poorly and give extremely lack of respect. Pay is poor and very hard to get days off if needed.
Cons
Long hours, often make you stay later than you're required
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 July 2018
The workplace had a friendly team of floor workers which I was proud to be a part of.

Management were generally quite understanding when issues arose, however at times can get stressful whilst the floor is busy with customers.
Pros
Clothing Discounts
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Could be better.
Temporary Sales Assistance (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire23 July 2018
Worked as a temporary sales assistant, treated amazingly once there but was told that if any free shifts were available I would have been offered them, since leaving Next they have never contacted me or thanked me for my time there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not good communication
Flexible with family
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire22 July 2018
Its hard work, on your feet all day with only 30 mins break for a 8 hour shift. I have learnt alot with being there over 7 years but now i have a growing family, its not suitable for me with working over Christmas and having really early or late finishes. I have enjoyed working here but over the years the company has changed a lot and not all for the best.
Cons
only 1 break
Very good company to work for and very well organised
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2018
Very good company to work for and very well organised And very well managed, great working environment, working overnight and during the day, great work ethic from managers
Pros
Bonuses
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.