Next PLC Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Loved working here!
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 February 2018
I really enjoyed my time here. I loved working with all the staff who were friendly and really helpful when I needed some assistance. I learned a lot during my time here for example, how the markdown works during the sale, how to work the till, how to locate stock within the stockroom and how deliveries and pick-ups work. The most enjoyable part of this job for me, was meeting new people and seeing my confidence grow.
Pros
Amazing staff
great management and perks
Sales or retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Havant1 February 2018
I worked in the Havant Next store for over a year and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. All the staff and managers were very friendly and helpful and made me feel very comfortable working in a retail environment.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester6 January 2018
It was a great place to work and loved being there. A typical day would be busy, management was good, hardest part of the job is all the standing up..
enjoyed every minute
Store Assistant team coach (Former Employee) –  Derby4 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for next. they where always so supportive even witht he littlest of problems and made sure you always succeeded. always gave everyone a good chance to go further with their career
Pros
staff discount
Cons
working boxing day
loved working here
Store Assistant team coach (Former Employee) –  Derby4 January 2018
such a good place to work also so flexible with me when needed childcare. always kept up to date with new things and always made sure everyone was ok.
Pros
lovely staff
Cons
working boxing day
Great
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton28 December 2017
I worked in market place and honestly it was the best experience. All the staff members were friendly and easy to work with. The manager was the sweetest. The job is not even that hard and the payment is very good.
Great for students.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield30 October 2017
Flexible hours, advising customers on products. Busy at peak periods. Great for students and working parents. Hardest part of the job is starting at 5am on Boxing Day.
Fun, enjoyable.
Storeroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset14 October 2017
Only spent around 8 months working for Next until I moved on to another Job. Great atmosphere, good money for the age i was when working, Being left to work alone and having the responsibility to do so.
Not good
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 October 2017
Terrible management, chucked in with absolutely no training or product knowledge, Management always expect high demands to be met but then be angry when you don't have the training to do so e.g. need workers on tills but half the staff have not been till trained.
Pros
Other staff can make the long shifts bearable / fun co workers
Cons
Long hours usually, poor management
Majority of lovely staff
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear21 September 2017
As much as the staff were lovely, there were one or two in the workplace who, despite having the same job title as me, believed that they could take out any problems on the seasonal staff. I'd like to mention that all the managers were absolutely lovely, I don't have a single complaint about any of them and the majority of staff would take time to help you if you needed it. Overall next had a great sense of community within the shop, it just takes some to ruin it.
Pros
Lovely Staff, good break area
Productive and fun work place
Store Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire16 September 2017
A typical day involves answering the phone to customers and assisting them

I learned not to be afraid to ask for help if I needed to

Next believe in ensuring the best possible service to their customers is provided but also that every member of staff is also looked after
productive and fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro31 August 2017
• Stock taking and replenishment
• Keeping the store clean and tidy
• Advising, assisting and being accommodating to customers
• Night-time and holiday working
Pros
working within a fun team
Cons
shift patterns
Decent
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex21 August 2017
I worked at the lakeside Thurrock store with a permanent contract. The job overall was not exciting, and the long hours were not worth the pay, the staff at the store were welcoming. Overall they over work you & it's deffo not worth the money if your a student.
Pros
Discount & friendly staff
Cons
Long hours & very tiring
Rude, Unprofessional
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 August 2017
working for next was not a pleasant experience they would except you to come in with half an hours notice and dock your pay for being late even if its just by 5 minutes what at times people can not help being late. they do not train you well and expect you to manage an entire floor alone. treat the staff in back badly and as if they are not as respectable and kind as the front of house and they do not let you wear non next shop items but expect you to pay for it all yourself no uniform allowance is a awful scheme by them
Shop assistant over summer sales
Temporary store assistant during the summer sales (Former Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester12 August 2017
I was hired on a temporary basis while the sales happened. A fast paced but friendly environment. Permanent staff were helpful and supportive if any questions needed to be asked.
Excellent place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire31 July 2017
Excellent place to work. Really enjoyed it. The people are amazing and friendly. The role it self was fun and enjoyed it a lot. Also plenty of opportunities to move around
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Rude managers, but this seemed specific to just the one store I worked at.
Inverness Retail Park - Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland18 July 2017
I got scalded like a small child when I was late to work once when the bus had been an hour late, I had phoned to let them know and I was only 5 minutes late. I understand timeliness is an issue but I did the best I could do. I also asked for time off which was approved 4 months in advance, but when I took said time off I was called 5/6 times in a row till I answered and shouted at as to why I wasn't there. I explained that I had asked for this time off when applying for the job and had to source a handwritten note from a different manager to prove that I wasn't lying. This place has (or at least used to have) a high turnover of staff, and it is easy to see why.
Amazing Team and productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent13 July 2017
Customers always first. Walk around the store and approach every single customers. If a shopfloor is not busy, I then look at the job lists and see what jobs I can do in the zones that I am rotad in. Do the jobs in the most effective manner.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
unpredictable hours
Learning experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merseyside12 July 2017
Worked at the same store multiple times. This allowed me to gain real world work experience and earn money while at university.

Staff were friendly and professional
General workplace
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire9 July 2017
poor management, no communication between people, hardly no staff on shifts, workers have their friendships group so others feel like outsiders. POOR.
Pros
Cons
managment not up the standard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.