Next PLC Employee Reviews in Manchester

Found 59 reviews matching the search See all 3,094 reviews
very poor levels of management
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 October 2018
The company as a whole is non staff focused the managers are only interested in sales KPIs and treat most staff very badly on a day to day basis's. Dont work for this company.
Pros
non
great work place
STOCK ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
great place to work staff are friendly if you get the right ones new things everyday sales hard part of the job meals out for xmas or when anybody leaves
Cons
breaks not long enough
great work place
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 August 2018
Not worked at next for a long time but when I did I loved it such a great place to work good discount staff are lovely if I had any worries I could go to the manager with out any hesitation I also loved working with the customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
Haveing to work one day out of the weekend but that goes with any job.
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 June 2018
i had to count stock and put it in its correct place , i would also have to put the stock out in its correct place on the shop floor . we got 30% discount .
loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 April 2018
lovely place to work just the pay was an issue, no career progression
but made some good friends and gained lots of experience in the customer service role
don't work here
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 February 2018
No job security constant job cuts due to streamlining, Next isn't a company you want to work for anymore you're just a number to them there's no loyalty to long serving staff anymore
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 December 2017
Friendly staff and great work atmosphere. Can get a little hectic but all in all a great place to work. Managers are helpful and friendly and colleagues are all great.
welcoming and warm
Sales Consultant and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
I worked at the Next in the Lowry, Salford and the staff were great and everyone was like a family because it is a small store. There was only one fairly small floor with all deparments on so im sure you can imagine how many staff there were - not a lot. i loved working there from the staff to the environment to the customers because of where its located.
Pros
relaxed environment and friendly staff
Cons
no full time positions
High expectations of staff for minimum wage.
Team Coach (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2017
Staff are expected to do a lot in return for minimum wage and little appreciation from the company i.e building furniture and decorating.
Friendly staff and management, good training programme and good staff discount.
Staff are expected to work unsociable hours quite a lot, especially at Christmas and sale periods; finishing at midnight and back in at 9:30 the next day. Not unusual for staff to have just one day off at Christmas (usually christmas day- how generous!)
Repetitive work day, very little opportunity for progression into higher roles.
The best thing about my job is the people I work with.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Very high expectations of staff, minimum wage, small contracts.
Productive place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
Very polite managers and very friendly staff. Whilst working here when I had a problem staff were polite and very helpful to help me solve the solution.
Pros
breaks
Cons
sometimes quite boring jobs
good for students in need of money
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 August 2017
I worked for the company throughout my time during my studies at university contributing to the team as an experienced member of staff. Despite this the investment in staff is often superseded by the pettiness of management on the sales floor.

Despite this, i enjoyed my time with the majority of fellow sales assistants who are supportive of other staff studying.
I learnt customer communication skills and above all patience, it is a role where you will have to learn to hold your tongue and be calm in sometimes hectic work environment.
Very good source of income with flexible hours for students.
Except at Christmas to which you will not have a Christmas eve nor boxing day
Ok.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 August 2017
A lot of hard work for the salary but a large company which taught me a lot about stock control and also about dealing with a large amount of customers.
Calm and well run workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Fort24 July 2017
Whilst working at next, what struck me was how professional the company was, whilst also retaining respect and admiration for their workforce. This balance meant that it was not only a productive place to work, but also a calm one as the professionalism of the company instilled a great attitude.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long commute
good to work for
Warehouse packer (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 July 2017
I am a conscientious and hard working person with experience in social and life skills,be happy to work for them agen a working in the warehouse packer i loved this job
Only recommend if you're a student
Delivery, Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 June 2017
These are the things I picked up on working at a Next warehouse for a year:

Management was poor. In particular at the warehouse I worked at where new information about delivery processes was not relayed well to staff, sometimes I would not even know about it and then get in trouble for not doing something correctly when i thought I was.

People are extremely lazy, be prepared to be wasting your time moving clothes that have been randomly dumped by lazy staff members down bays where they don't belong!

Its not great for your back if you're processing delivery.

I felt there was also a little favouritism in regards to letting certain people finish early, extra hours and people that were NEVER required to work at store even though some people that were constantly sent didn't want to.

The only benefit of working there for me was the staff discount and the friendly workmates. I would only look to apply here if you are looking for a few days work a week if you are in college or university.
Pros
Staff Discount, Friendly workmates, Easy work
Cons
Low contracted Hours, Low wage, No communication, Not a very enjoyable place to work.
Typical for retail
Head of Department (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 May 2017
sales assistant role, not much progression. happy workplace though with supportive management. specialist roles available along with management training,
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 May 2017
Very good work ethic and company to work for. A competitive company that strive on excellent customer service and aim to provide the customer with what they need
good part-time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 March 2017
This job is ideal for a part-time uni student. but full time it isn't great, progression is very limited. You have to work long hours standing with breaks also being very short.
Pros
friendly envirment
Cons
long hours, short breaks
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 February 2017
friendly management, good discount. hard hours during christmas 2am starts sometimes 2am finishes. only half an hour break which goes quite fast. good facilities in the staff rooms though.
Productive & Fun working place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 January 2017
It was good working for next met a lot of business oriented people who where great to work with, learnt a lot on a day to day basis. I would recommend working here.
Pros
New faces
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.