Next PLC Employee Reviews in London

Awful place to work (Stockroom - Nights)
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 May 2018
A terrible place to work and would not recommend to anyone. No proper training given with awful management. Pathetic new scanning system which requires you to scan the same rail twice, only God knows why. Managers never have anything sorted out when you start your shift, so you spend time looking around for hangers, tags, pins, cubes etc. However you are still expected to work super fast and be on target, utterly ridiculous. Wage is also quite low for a night shift job and the bonus system is the most ludicrous I have ever come across. The managers make an attempt to give a pitiful explanation of how it works, it makes no sense. Job can be very taxing on your body, at the store where I worked the lift was broken and we were required to carry heavy bulks of clothing up numerous stairs for at least 2-3 days. You are simply not appreciated for the work you put in and I found that very demoralizing. Save yourself the stress and do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, terrible scanning system, Low wage for night shifts
its ok
Children\'s Wear Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  London10 April 2018
worked there over 10 years ago, not sure how it is now. was great when i was there. only worked weekends. the team was great had loads of fun and always made sure the job was done.
Pros
nice people, uniform
Cons
salary
Retail,Boring and no career prospects
Sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Regent's street. London28 March 2018
This was were I realised that I'm a sales man, and was in the wrong job. At next, you're just an attendant/housekeeper. It's got nothing to do with sales.May be customer service. This was were I definitely realised that I was a big fish in a small pond.
Fun and social
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 February 2018
Stocked and restocked merchandise
reorganised shop floor and clothing
worked during sale season so quick working and no sitting down

the staff were very nice but one of the managers wasn't that great
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
busy
Great work culture
London Conley - Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  London22 February 2018
I work at the warehouse distribution centre and it is a different working environment from the store, nonetheless less the work culture is the same. I have not seen anyone unhappy since I have been working with them for over 5 months.
Pros
Great working culture
Cons
pay could be better
Amazing place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 January 2018
Working here has been an enjoyable and pleasant experience with great managers and great colleagues. I have had to work quickly and accurately. It has helped me be quick thinking.
Pros
amazing employee care
Cons
sometimes long shifts during sale eg very late nights
nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 January 2018
Marketing is poorly communicated from head office to team members.
Senior management make no effort to speak to team members and are not approachable or friendly.
They expect very high standards and work even on minimum wage.
Website/career portal discusses 'great career opportunities' even though no one has been sent on a training programme in the past 12 months in my store.
Constantly changing
Great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Great place to work for, very nice staff. Products are of great quality and the application process is quite easy. Definitely would recommend to someone who wants to work in retail.
Workload and pay are not met. Poor management. Hard to progress
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 December 2017
Hard to progress esp if you work in small store unless willing to be transfered to a bigger store when vacancies become available. The payrise is a joke, meaning it doesnt happen unless goverment says so. Management team is a fault finder, so quick to criticise but slow to praise ( close to never)
Not recommended.
Pros
A bit more secure than many other retailers.
Great people but cuts everywhere
Delivery & Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
Very demanding job for little reward, no time of Christmas or bank holidays but I guess that's retail! Good for students/ part time mums, flexible working and a shift marketplace allowing you to give up shifts to other employees with ease.
fun but hard
Stock assistant, shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  london26 November 2017
very very very very fun but VERY hard place to work
always busy especially holidays. put backs are a nightmare but i still love this place. if this place was make up related i would work here
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2017
got boring, doing repeated things again and again. management was dealt with to highest standards, a lot of managers and staff to check on what you was doing.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
tiring work
A great learning experience of retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 October 2017
Working during summer sales, tagging clothing with new price tags with a set amount of clothing and time.
Managing sections of store, keeping floors clear of clothing, hangers and any objects.

Meeting fellow staff was the most enjoyable part of the job as I became more interested with the job after learning from others.

Hardest part of the job was keeping up with tagging clothing and finishing on time during first few days however, I learned and became efficient at this task.
busy but productive
Sales adviser (Former Employee) –  London15 October 2017
typical day at work involved working on tills, tidying up the store to make sure t was kept in check and assisting in stocking the floor and helping customers on the floor. allowed me to learn how to use tills, time management, customer facing communication and working during busy sale periods at non-traditional hours.
Pros
always kept on your feet
Cons
sometimes quite repetitive
Organised and Fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 October 2017
Doesn't Recommend
Neutral Outlook
No opinion of CEO
I worked at Next Retail part-time (Less than a year)
Pros
The company provides a good discount and likes to take on younger staff thus enabling them to get some work which could be difficult when finding a first job.
Cons
Lack of care and respect for workers, as they keep employing (at least in my area) many temporary staff with short hours but this makes it difficult to secure proper training, and by the time you actually do get trained your contract ends.
Next Retail
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 October 2017
Great company to work for and diverse workplace culture. I learned how to use their till system. The hardest part of the job is standing for long periods however the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly customers who appreciate your service.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Standing for long periods
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 October 2017
this was my very first job and it gave me experience on dealing with people and handling complaints and situations out of my control. it was an interesting place to work
Pros
good to work
Fast-paced and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 October 2017
Fast paced and fun team. Lots of opportunity to socialise and learn about retail. Good training programme. Sometimes you can end up doing unexpected overtime if you need to tidy the store after closing.
Pros
Fun team, fast-paced
Productive workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 September 2017
Good Company to work for lots of career prospects and the opportunity to transfer to other NEXT locations across the UK.
There are lots of social events outside work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
working long hours
Low pay, poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2017
I love fashion but working here was no walk in the park. There is no progression in your job role, staff can be unfriendly. They work you like a slave and the pay is low. They will change your shifts without notifying you and if you can't do it it's a problem.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.