Next PLC Employee Reviews in Leicester

Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 May 2018
Enjoyed interacting with different customers on a daily basis. Great opportunity to understand what happens behinds the scenes of a reputable high street retailer.
Fast paced role but in an enjoyable environment
Trainee Buyer (Current Employee) –  Leicester28 February 2018
A great company to work for with excellent benefits. Management style varies depending upon the division worked in. The most enjoyable part of the role is being able to take on lots of responsibility for your own product development.
Flexible and opportunistic
Senior International Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 January 2018
Room to progress but can be strict on policies depending on which department you work in. Miss the people more to be honest but never stay in one place for to long and never be afraid to explore other opportunities in the business.
Call centre
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 December 2017
They say it's not a call centre and majority of customers are lovely on the phone, but it's a lie it is a call centre and you have to take the brunt of each complaint and try your best to solve it. It's impossible to get a manager to call a customer as they always want you to deal with complaint even though the customers are shouting and livid with Next.
Pros
bonus
Cons
long hours, lots of complaints
Great colleagues and good company benefits
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 October 2017
Great place to work although long hours can be quite challenging especially if you have a young family.

Great company to work for as company benefits are great.
Benefits
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Store Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire16 September 2017
A typical day involves answering the phone to customers and assisting them

I learned not to be afraid to ask for help if I needed to

Next believe in ensuring the best possible service to their customers is provided but also that every member of staff is also looked after
Inspirantiona management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 August 2017
typical day at work requires requirements gathering , stakeholder management and research and analysis. Workplace is fun, honest and respectful. Great campus
Great expectations
Assistant Product Technologist (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire21 August 2017
They expect a lot from their staff but will also deliver a lot in return. Hard work needed. You will grow immeasurably as a person and will working harder than you ever have.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Unpaid overtime
A beneficial and excellent workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire1 August 2017
Next is an excellent company to work for who offer a high standard of training and there are many benefits such as next shares , the staff shop and 25% staff discount. I have learnt how to deal with customers and deliver high standard customer service.
Pros
Next shares
Cons
having to work boxing day for the next sale
Good company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 July 2017
Good company to work for but the management team can be improved. I still wish to work for NEXT but do not want to be back to my old department...........
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Managers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, UK3 May 2017
I loved working at next in my short time that I was there for. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help if you were struggling with any task that had been handed to you.
Lovely working team
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 May 2017
On a typical day, it is usually quite busy, but the senior management team are always on hand if you need any help. I started working for next when I was only 16 years old, so I have really grown up there and seen a difference in myself; I have become more confident in the way I carry myself and that is all because the management and other members of staff really believed in me.
Fear culture
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester22 April 2017
I was at Next for 6 years.
I loved the team I worked for however the management culture was horrendous.
I was a sales manager for the High Cross Store. The senior store management managed the rest of the management through fear of performance management constantly by setting unrealistic targets and deadlines.
When performance manage no coaching was given to support and follow up review was never actioned so whole process was void which was stressful.
Store manager publically gave me negative feedback in front of team and customer.
Expected to work through breaks and till 3am on sale eve despite only being paid till 12am so practically work below minimum wage on occasions.
During family crisis (parent having a major stroke) no personal leave or adjustments offered or willing to agree and not believed the event took place.
Pros
Learned how to run high turnover departments
Cons
Store management
Great for experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 April 2017
Have learnt a lot from Next which I have grown from both professionally and personally. These are skills which will prove invaluable throughout my career
Fashion and fun
Retail and Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester20 March 2017
During my time at Next, the staff make you feel so welcome and is a great company to work for! The benefits are also good 25% for you and immediate family! Couldn't ask for a better retail company/business to be a part of. Look after you very well and there's many benefits that come with working at NEXT PLC and has many different possibilities to adventure out into.
Pros
Staff discount stores for staff only
Cons
Shoplifters and rude customers
awful company to work for
Childrenswear Manager/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 March 2017
over worked and under paid , i initially enjoyed my time at next but soon became frustrated and angry with how i was being treated. expected to work over my contracted hours on a regular basis and not get paid for them. They even had the audacity to doc 15 minutes pay if you were 1 second late to clock in for your shift what they didn't take in to account was the extra 15 minutes you spend at the end of every shift tiding up and cashing tills .
Pros
staff discount
Cons
to many to list
Next plc
Distribution Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 February 2017
Very good business to be a part of, look after you very well. There's many benefits that come with working at NEXT PLC and has many different possibilities to adventure out into.
Pros
Look after you, positive environment.
Cons
Excess of security precautions.
productive and fun working place
Stockroom Assistant/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire16 February 2017
when on the sales floor there are many jobs to do, like replenishing, merchandising and range plan for new lines other than providing the best customer service on all areas of the sales floor, like fitting rooms, clothing, home department, shoe department or when making a transaction on the till point.
when in the stockroom its a productive day as processing stock to company standards.
I have learnt many things. I have gained self confidence and has made me grow as a individual.
its a friendly and helpful environment. you learn at every step and everyone to management are very supportive.
Pros
alot of incentives and bonuses, always extra hours available during seasonal periods
productive work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 February 2017
A fast paced working environment with friendly and vibrant members of staff who are extremely driven and deliver the best service possible. Great atmosphere and friendly customers.
Cons
Not enough hours, No extra pay during holiday/unsociable hours
excellent work
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester29 January 2017
i started at 16 was good experience to learn customer skills etc.
time went fast as was always rushed off you feet.
management was really good.
Pros
the day went fast
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.