Next PLC Employee Reviews in Leicester

Found 74 reviews matching the search See all 3,157 reviews
Dreadful place
Home Team Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire28 November 2018
Management were psychopaths who would not suceed anywhere else, dickensian rules (can't have longer than a 5 minute toilet break) and overall nasty culture. Avoid at all costs, there is a reason they have high turnover.
poor higher management
UK Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire23 November 2018
poor higher management low pay only perks is discount excpect a lot of work for the money they pay you compared to previous company's, lack of respect from higher management always your fault never there's.
very friendly staff and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester25 October 2018
Next is a brilliant company to work for, all staff are very friendly and helpful. There are many staff discounts and it is never a boring day on the shop floor.
Assistant admin (Former Employee) –  Leicester5 October 2018
Good working environment. a lot of benefits and bonuses. good overtime rates and hours are flexible. friendly colleagues and environment. overall a good place to work
Very Productive Workplace
WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 September 2018
Placed in the operational dev team the typical day consisted of liaising with different stakeholders and managing expectations of the business as our work within the team was very fast paced and needed to be delivered correct and within time.
Professional company, friendly atmosphere
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester23 July 2018
Christmas time is very festive in store, makes for a fun workplace with employee mortal teaming building competitions.

No official uniform but smart dress is required, shoes no trainers or jeans.

Work duties can be slow or non-existent at quieter times so the main tasks are to ensure all clothes hangers are facing the right way and general tidying. This can make the job boring if you prefer a consistent workload.

Overall nice professional company to work for, with competitive hourly rates and great benefits including staff discount.
Pros
Competitive wages and great benefits
Cons
Permanent contracts are limited and not regularly available
amazing staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester23 May 2018
Next was a great place to gain experience on retail because the staff were so enjoyable to work around and they are very welcoming and polite. I also enjoyed my time there because it gave me the knowledge I need for future jobs in a very informative manner.
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 May 2018
Enjoyed interacting with different customers on a daily basis. Great opportunity to understand what happens behinds the scenes of a reputable high street retailer.
Really enjoyed work experience
Work Experience - Childrenswear Buying (Former Employee) –  Leicester15 April 2018
I did work experience for Next whilst I was in the 2nd year of Uni, it really helped with my course and as I later learned it helped with my knowledge going into the industry
Fast paced role but in an enjoyable environment
Trainee Buyer (Current Employee) –  Leicester28 February 2018
A great company to work for with excellent benefits. Management style varies depending upon the division worked in. The most enjoyable part of the role is being able to take on lots of responsibility for your own product development.
Flexible and opportunistic
Senior International Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 January 2018
Room to progress but can be strict on policies depending on which department you work in. Miss the people more to be honest but never stay in one place for to long and never be afraid to explore other opportunities in the business.
Call centre
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 December 2017
They say it's not a call centre and majority of customers are lovely on the phone, but it's a lie it is a call centre and you have to take the brunt of each complaint and try your best to solve it. It's impossible to get a manager to call a customer as they always want you to deal with complaint even though the customers are shouting and livid with Next.
Pros
bonus
Cons
long hours, lots of complaints
Great colleagues and good company benefits
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 October 2017
Great place to work although long hours can be quite challenging especially if you have a young family.

Great company to work for as company benefits are great.
Benefits
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Store Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire16 September 2017
A typical day involves answering the phone to customers and assisting them

I learned not to be afraid to ask for help if I needed to

Next believe in ensuring the best possible service to their customers is provided but also that every member of staff is also looked after
Inspirantiona management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 August 2017
typical day at work requires requirements gathering , stakeholder management and research and analysis. Workplace is fun, honest and respectful. Great campus
Great expectations
Assistant Product Technologist (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire21 August 2017
They expect a lot from their staff but will also deliver a lot in return. Hard work needed. You will grow immeasurably as a person and will working harder than you ever have.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Unpaid overtime
A beneficial and excellent workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire1 August 2017
Next is an excellent company to work for who offer a high standard of training and there are many benefits such as next shares , the staff shop and 25% staff discount. I have learnt how to deal with customers and deliver high standard customer service.
Pros
Next shares
Cons
having to work boxing day for the next sale
Good company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 July 2017
Good company to work for but the management team can be improved. I still wish to work for NEXT but do not want to be back to my old department...........
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Managers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, UK3 May 2017
I loved working at next in my short time that I was there for. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help if you were struggling with any task that had been handed to you.
Lovely working team
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 May 2017
On a typical day, it is usually quite busy, but the senior management team are always on hand if you need any help. I started working for next when I was only 16 years old, so I have really grown up there and seen a difference in myself; I have become more confident in the way I carry myself and that is all because the management and other members of staff really believed in me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.