Next PLC Employee Reviews in Leeds

healthy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 February 2018
I enjoyed going to work everyday as it was a healthy and safe environment to be around.
I learned how to do varies things that i wouldn't of ever dreamed of doing.
For me i think the management was well done, i have nothing bad to say.
The hardest part of job was making sure i did everything to the best of my ability even if i found things hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning different things.
Pros
learning different things
Next retail
Sales Consultant Team Coach (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 February 2018
There are loads of different aspects to this job- lifting, organisation, planning, time management. till work, putting new stock out and planning the shop floor layout, putting the stock away in its organised place, listening to consumers, being willing to assist, show understanding and approach everyone in a friendly manor. the hardest part is when your are under pressure with time to get the job done with accuracy however that makes you more determined to do so. the most enjoyable part is the new people you speak to everyday, the stories you hear and being praised for doing your job to the best of your ability and being appreciated for doing extra.
fun
HOME SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 December 2017
bad contracts, not any full time available and over time is limited. typical day is dealing with customers placing orders and ensuring stock is out by end of working day.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 October 2017
I loved my time at next and the only reason I stopped working there was because the location closed, al my peers were amazing people and it was a great first place to work at.
Low wages, long hours
Replenishment Staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 October 2017
No night shift premium, below minimum wages, insufficient staff numbers and high-pressure targets. Sick days and other absences are recorded as unauthorised even with a doctor's note
Pros
Cons
Poor wages, long shifts
Great workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
Next is a fantastic workplace all round. It is great for student to work part time around university time tables or alternatively it is a great place to build a careers!
Pros
Bonuses, Rota Marketplace
Cons
Contracted hours
Excellent at balancing work and family
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 September 2017
I love working for Next and would recommend this company to anyone wanting to work part time to fit in with family commitments or to fit around studying
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
Christmas sale. Compulsory working Christmas eve and Boxing Day.
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 September 2017
I enjoyed working for next, they where a good company to work for.
management were always on hand to help.
the working atmosphere was good and everyone helped each other.
Pros
was a nice work place
Cons
early start for sale days
Fun place to work
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 August 2017
I worked in a warehouse in Leeds but it's shut down now, my day was always the same, picking and packing, the people I worked with were really nice and I'm still friends with them to this day.
Pros
Managers will go behind your back
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 July 2017
Retail was definitely not for me, I was thrown in as a Christmas temp for my first ever job. High stress levels and frankly rubbish managers who would ask if you had had a good weekend and would then reply by saying that you shouldn't disclose what you do outside work.
Pros
pay
Cons
Managers
Fun experiance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, UK15 June 2017
This was an amazing place to complete my work experience to staff were very friendly and supportive and i integrated with the customers very well which was good
Pros
fun experience
Cons
short hours
Unorganised management, low salary and no room for progression
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2017
Next plc is probably like any other retail environment - manic, badly organised and fast paced. These issues are not helped when management are given no hours to play with and have no time to make sure staff are happy and content at work.
The salary at Next is similar to that of most work places nowadays; just above minimum wage and claim to have 'generous' bonus schemes. Obviously, the only problem with the bonus schemes that are offered to workers is that they can never be achieved. Delivery and stock room bonuses are quite frankly unachievable and shop floor staff are unable to get their bonuses as the demand for staff is simply never met.
Additionally, room for progression is close to nil. It is relatively easy to gain a team coach title - but this provides no extra pay and will leave you with a lot more responsibility. Co-ordinators are almost impossible to become as the company has cut back on the amount of management-type staff that they require. Consequently, minimum wage staff are left with more responsibility, stress and the same level of pay.
In summary, Next can be a fun working environment with fellow staff and is a brilliant work place if you have no ambitions for progression or any expectations for job satisfaction. Retail will continue to be an industry where staff give little to the company because the company give little to the staff.
No longer trading
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 March 2017
This company is no longer trading at benyan park, leeds. At my time there many many many years ago, I was a picker !! the hours were long, the pay wasnt great, but i had just left school.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire14 January 2017
Fast paced environment. Excellent training provided and the opportunity to progres in your role. Various roles available. Good opportunity for those who enjoy customer service based roles. Sales are demanding but fun.
shop floor assistant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds14 December 2016
keeping shop floor clean
keeping customers happy
greeting well
help others
make sure stock is out on shelves
move anything that shouldn't be in way
be friendly and polite
productive and friendly
Stockroom and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre2 November 2016
my time at Next was only for a week as it was a Christmas Temp but whilst working there it opened my eyes a but more as it was my first job in a retail store but I quickly adapted to the environment.
Pros
easy working environment
Cons
short breaks
warehouse / store assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 October 2016
Stock replenishing – working under pressure to meet targets
Assisting customers – Problem solving / customer satisfaction /
Working under pressure – busy festive season sales
Stock handling / general housekeeping – individually / team work
working in the warehouse
Temporary Work Placement
Temporary Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds7 September 2016
Considering I only worked at NEXT for a very limited amount of time I can only say a little about my direct treatment and experiences.

My typical day was during the major sales so naturally my experience was much more fast paced and chaotic that any other day so I was constantly on my toes working to keep the sales floor full with stock.
The management was good as they did listen to any questions I had but some of the rotas/placements were not suited to some staff's needs and in some ways NEXT made it clear that you were a Temporary member of Staff.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Random Staggered Hours, Short hours so no break.
busy enviroment..
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  whiterose shopping centre Leeds30 August 2016
I enjoyed working at next it was a fast paced enviroment which was good as time flew by. I feel within 12 week probationary period I was dismissed unfairly, the manager that wrote my notice didnt even have the courage to face me to tell me herself. I was very confident and approached customers had a right good chat about what they were instore shopping for. Tried my 100%.

If you ever get the chance to work for next just keep upto speed and be one step forward from everyone. Thats the only way you will impress. I thought I did. But obviously NOT.
Good luck to anyone reading and wants to màke a go of it😊
Pros
staff discount card
Cons
contracted to childrenswear but made to work all departments, so annoying.
productive, fun
Next - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 June 2016
Excellent friendly management, nice working environment, good job benefits, flexible working hours, good job if you have an upbeat friendly manner and like interacting with customers.
Pros
good managment team
Cons
no set working pattern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.