Next PLC Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 63 reviews matching the search See all 3,096 reviews
sales assisstant
Temporary Retail Job (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 November 2018
this was like a job i already had knowledge on what to do, it was the basic- cleaning, making sure piles were neat. But a difficult part was the hours and long days, but after a week or so i got used to it.
Productive but tiring
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 October 2018
Everyone that works there loves working there. There was always something to do so always on your feet and never bored. It's a very positive environment. The pay is not as good with the amount they make you work.
Repetitive and Unwelcoming
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2018
I worked here when I was 16/17 and frequently felt patronised by managers as I was younger and I felt they would often give me the worst jobs to do knowing that I would not argue.
I worked relentlessly throughout the sale and other busy periods, and I would often be the only till trained member of staff on a department which made it hard to give good customer service as was expected.
I was at college at the time and they would sometimes ask me to skip classes so I could work and be annoyed when I said no.
I was frequently moved about and given different areas to work in when I had little experience.
The work in general was very repetitive.
It might have been to do with the time that I worked there and my age but they made me feel very unwelcome and I used to dread going in.
Pros
Other members of staff could pick up your shifts online
Cons
Not a nice environment
Bad management, poor pay for the hours, overworked
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 August 2018
Work so many hours with little pay, worked on departments I wasn’t trained in, both my managers were horrible one of them didn’t even know my name for gods sake and the other one was so rude when I had time off in hospital, same boring tasks over and over again, no praise for doing a good job ever and you work your bum off, even the staff looked unhappy or were unhappy, worst job I’ve ever done in my life, I dreaded going to work everyday, Boxing Day sale was the worst thing I’ve ever experienced please I beg anyone do not work here you will hate it and this is the Fort shopping park store in Birmingham I can’t describe the other stores but imagine the same
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Long hours, little pay
Fun experience as some roles allow you to socialise with the customers.
Next - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 August 2018
Even doing the most unsatisfactory job role which was recovering clothes which were no longer on there hangers had its peak of being in an ordinary conversation.
Pros
You could put your shift online for the chance that i’d get picked by a colleague.
Cons
Nothing.
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 July 2018
A typical day would vary depending on what role you were given. Normally you would ensure the shop floor was safe for the customers and clothing items were replenished for the day ahead. You would process customer deliveries.
Hardest part of job was during sale season, alot of work.
Most enjoyable was meeting new people daily.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
if shop not busy, very boring
good stepping stone into retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 May 2018
In Next you work one department, but you learn so much from customer service to merchandising. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and working to midnight most days.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Very Long Hours
great work environment
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 April 2018
it was great place to work .i learned a lot skilled whilst working there. i met i a lot people who i am still friends with till this day. The manager was really lovely.
Pros
great collegues
Cons
location
Good work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 March 2018
Vwery good work good people wouldn't have left but was only a Christmas temp . Very good stay and good environment. Very fast working and standards of working
Good
Bad
fun place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 March 2018
during your day you could be called to cover other depatments but the management always made you feel welcomed to the team the hardest part of the job is dealing with the 5am sales
Pros
discount on unform
Cons
shift pattern
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
The management is really bad they're very unorganized. Staff forced to work on days that aren't their contracted days and regularly staff are put in for shifts when its not within their availability and without being asked. Shifts are flexible as they're so many staff members you're able to swap your shift with if you're unable to do it yourself.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
managers, long hours.
Fun and interesing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 December 2017
Diversty range of people very friendly which was very helpful. Eventhough, i wasnt used to working full time and was unable to balanced my work life and personal life.
Pros
Discounts
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 December 2017
Responsible and reliable, enthusiastic and eager to do your best, you’re a brilliant team player who takes pride in a job well done. Your friendly and helpful attitude will see you go above and beyond to care for your customers. While you’re naturally customer focused, we’ll make sure you’re fully trained in everything you need to know.
Pros
chill
Cons
not enough hours
Fairly Reasonable Place of Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 November 2017
I have been with the company for 5+ years and have worked in several departments. Pay isn't that good but benefits are furthermore training is good too. Depending on which store you currently work at management could need some improving.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Christmas shifts
temp job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 November 2017
i came here over christmas as a temporary worker to get by over the holidays and made some great friends within the company.

i would go back to work them again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
non
Not good
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 October 2017
Terrible management, chucked in with absolutely no training or product knowledge, Management always expect high demands to be met but then be angry when you don't have the training to do so e.g. need workers on tills but half the staff have not been till trained.
Pros
Other staff can make the long shifts bearable / fun co workers
Cons
Long hours usually, poor management
Fun, productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 September 2017
Working in teams with people you like, makes the day enjoyable and fast. Work is often hard and vigorous, but management is often understanding making work tolerable.
professional workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 September 2017
very professional workplace, lots to do always busy espescially around sale days. management was very helpful. nice store to work in. workplace culture was fun.
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham4 September 2017
nice atmosphere, efficient team work and team relationship. managers were very nice and helpful. ability to work under pressure needed. must be able to build rapport.
Stressful place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erdington, Birmingham, UK10 May 2017
I advanced fast but they work you hard, to progress with them you ned to e willing to give up all your days

A typical day was looking out for shoplifters as there is no proper security and running up and down the stairs to the stockroom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next PLC. Our community is ready to answer.