Next PLC
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Next PLC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3,525 reviews
Found 3,525 reviews matching the search
Speedy and ready to tackle anything
A typical day at work will involve serving customers, complete shop floor and back of house tasks, Speedy parcel pick-us and online returns for online customers. Tailoring customer needs to ensure a positive inshore experience.
Fun workplace
it was very enjoyable, since i was doing work experience for school there wasn't much for me to do besides customer service and stack shelves. very friendly staff aswell.
Working at next
Great company yo work for.. Great people and aspect.
Training great discount great.

Would happily go back to working at next if they had full time vacancy.
Life at next
I have been working for next for two years now, in the beginning there was lots to learn and I was nervous but the training I received from my team coaches was great and I quickly felt very confident with all aspects of the job. The more enthusiasm you put into your role the more you’ll gain out of it for sure! In my current store the team is very supportive of each other, and it’s an enjoyable place to work.
Great Job
The staff and the job were really nice Although it lacked a little bit of training in areas, it was ok
Everybody was welcoming

The facilities for the staff were good and always coming up ways to socialise, gets involved in charity etc
Not a bad place to work
I worked here when it was a straight 5 shifts mon to Fri or Sun to Thurs. They changed the shift pattern to suit so now we were told we would be working any 5 from 7. That's why I keft
Fun place to work
Fast pace environment, plenty of opportunities to be able to train on different departments. Management is very helpful. good place to work.
All staff members are happy to help each other. being able to run the Christmas and Summer Sales were a great opportunity to gather more skills.
Just a number
Working at next you are just a number , loyalty means nothing . They have really nice staff members , who deserve so much more . If it wasn’t for the people the place would be unbearable .
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Awful company, horrible pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Next PLC?
Stressful low paid work
You'd arrive on shift and be often put on sections based on shifts chosen. There'd be little guidance about what to do other than management appearing and telling you off for not doing things you were unaware of.

The workload was unreasonable and pay was not good enough for the level of stress and clothing required to work there.
Horrible place to work
2 week induction is really encouraging but after that, you are left to sink or swim. Nasty, bullying culture between managers - not only to warehouse staff but each other. Socially isolating as you are constantly moving stations on the pack floor. Lifting the full sacks onto the hooks is back breaking over a full day. No training or guidance after induction and no feedback
Pros
Staff shop, staff discount, educational courses, nice canteen
Cons
Poor pay, unpleasant managers, bullying, filthy warehosue, broken equipment, no sick pay, forced over time on part time contracts
Kind and Enjoyable workplace. Can be stressful but overall a good place to start working.
A day at Next varies everyday. Sometimes an easy going and simple day and others the complete opposite. I learned to be resilient as well as efficient and fast with working at next because being slow and inefficient would cause problems for example unhappy customers. The management was also positive although some days you felt you were being told to do things that would take you too long on you own or even run into your break or prevent you going home on time, which some days is no problem however if it were to happen constantly it does become a problem. The hardest part of the job would have been time management as you had to complete many things at once as well as leaving time to finish things you might have left also tidying up the workplace would take time as well. The most enjoyable part of the job I found was closing time, when everyone is together and tidying up. This is because it was less stressful and everyone working was able to finish of working and tidy together in an orderly manner.
Producting and nice place to work-friendly environment
A good place to work however the environment is of the call centre business where you are monitored in all areas of work . Would recommend the business as a place to work, they look after you and help when and where necessary.
Awful
The whole work space is full of two faced people. Everyone talks about everyone behind their backs. The management is awful, in the store I worked in there and were 3 managers and none of them cared about the staff all they care about is making them look good. One manager always left on a Saturday during her ‘break’ to get her hair done. Would not recommend and horrible environment.
A nice place to work
The job allows you to do your job and go home without any stress. It is relatively well paid considering what you have to do and you are often working within a good team.
Just a payroll number
Loyalty and dedication get you no where.
Very high expectations with little or no credit or reward.

Give it all the staff welfare and wellbeing blag but you really are just a payroll number
Pros
Staff Discount 25%
Cons
Pay, Poor Bonus, Very stressful as continually being pushed for targets, productivity’s, so many times you can’t take holiday because of sales, guilty for having a life out of hours, hard to except and turn off as you have about 4 work apps on your own phone, such expectations for roles given and pay.
It was ok
More work was done and expected with little pay and lack of appreciation. Hard to progress and the system didn’t operate fairly. ......................
Ok
Overall the experience is ok. Within stores we were nearly always short staffed, unappreciated and treated like children. Management is rude and like to call out on hierarchy. I worked for Head Office for the last 2 years of my time at Next and it was a lot better however there was a huge lack of direction from team leaders and we were left to our own devices 90% of the time.
Fun workplace
Lovely staff and never a dull moment. At times the shop could become very busy but everyone worked as a team to ensure everything went smoothly. The hardest part of the job was during the Christmas period when there would be a lot of click and collect parcels. The easiest part was talking to customers.
What a rubbish company
If I could give this company 0 stars I would. First day management shouted at me and my fellow team member just because there was anything to do so we started to tidy. They don’t care about you.
Fast Paced
Working at Next is something you must take pride in since it's a fast paced job and while everyone must work as a team. Overall the experience and people I work with can be classed positive.
Most disgusting work place ever no man manage skill or care to people who struggle .if you do something wrong or make an error they will hound you the
Bad company to work for no duty care to the employee management are rubbish to deal with I wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy to work for this shower. no care to nobody hound you and sack you ,not approachable