Next Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun, fast-paced & target orientated
Store Surplus Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy13 November 2019
A very rewarding and demanding place to work. Always been treated fairly and given the opportunity to work extra shifts to boost my paycheck. People from top to bottom are friendly. If you come in, do your work effectively and are a good character then you will never have an issue.
Working at a Next warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Warrington25 October 2019
No more than 28 hour contracts which they regularly cut to 20 hours throughout the year. £8.41 p/h for permanent Next staff. Only team leaders get full time contracts but still only get 8.61 p/h! Management are awful, decided staff are less productive after 5 hours so came the part time contracts
productive and rewarding workplace
Christmas temp sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear21 October 2019
A typical day at work consisted of working on tills, greeting customers with a smile and hearing a snippet of their day. I really enjoyed the social aspect of this job
A great on the side Job
Part-time Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2019
Great flexibitly with the internal ‘shift marketplace’ great benefits and a really lovely team at the Orpington store! Helped with the extra spending money to treat yourself or loved ones to something at the end of the month!
Demoralising
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall28 September 2019
Loved the job at first but management changed frequently, leaving myself and other colleagues to work extremely hard but not actually be recognised. The was always a high turn over of staff but when management asked why, they wouldn't listen. Hence the problem.
Good environment to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 September 2019
I worked during the Christmas season and through the boxing day sales. I can be very hectic during the sales period but its typically a chilled and laid back place to work.
Outstanding
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Doncaster12 September 2019
Amazing place to work,
Great people
Fantastic atmosphere
Would recommend this place to anyone who needs a great work/life balance with fantastic pay..
Next Look After Managers Only
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City27 July 2019
My experience working in Next Dundee was frustrating. Management promoting family members and they are now Managers running stores/departments. Giving them full hours whilst others were on basic. Poor! Good training programme.
Pros
Training
Fast paced work
Stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenhithe, Kent3 July 2019
Great place to work if you enjoy a fast paced and active workplace. The job is repetitive but bonus is rewarding if that if what you like to do. People are friendly
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Repetitive
Fast paced enviroment
Whilst the Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 June 2019
No day was the same a different range of customers to deal with and always offering outstanding customer service. Management were great but the demand of work for the pay received was a little low.
Positive workplace
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire10 June 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time both as an intern and freelance at NEXT. The workplace is collaborative and inclusive and a positive place to be. There was good management and structure to the teams.
Pros
Subsidised lunches
Cons
Isolated location
Productive workplace
Stockroom/Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich31 May 2019
Working in the stockroom I handled stock, hanging and tagging it. I was able to work in my own space and get on with the job in my own. There weren't too many time constraints. Once you get used to the system it is very easy to use. The management was friendly and everyone was easy to get on with.
Pros
Good wage for 18yr old at the time
Cons
Temp contract
TRAINEE ASSISTANT MENSWEAR DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Leicester17 May 2019
- Contribute in key meetings such as range direction, building and selection meetings
across several departments
- Attend weekly trade meetings to understand customer reactions to current trends
and inuence decisions for the upcoming seasons
- Support the wider team to deliver Design Briefs to meet critical path deadlines and
deliver the right designs, at the right time.
- Successfully produce CADs, Tech Packs and Specications for suppliers and mills
enabling them to create handlooms and samples for review
- Prepare for and present trends for Initial Design Presentation, engaging key
stakeholders in the business and expanding my wider network
- Research new and emerging trends from catwalk, street style and trend forecasting
networks to enhance future design themes
- Liaise with other functions including buying, merchandising and international and UK
suppliers to ensure cross category productivity
- Participate and contribute to inspiration trips, comp shopping and trade shows
- Manage admin duties to ensure the department runs smoothly, such as ling,
organising couriers and general up keep of the design environment
Brilliant job
Customer service advisor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire17 April 2019
Love working at Next call centre, fantastic managers and the call centre is run very well. Hours work around family life brilliantly. I enjoy speaking to the customers and training scheme to progress is easy to go through
Pros
Good company
Cons
Need to up my hours.
Good company
Sales Consultant/Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 April 2019
Based on the branch that I worked in I believe next was a brilliant place to work and was an easy environment to settle into because of the people who were there.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
days dragged in
Part time job whilst in education
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire11 April 2019
I worked in the stock room and my duties were varied but the main areas I was responsible for were replenishing stock, filing, receiving and processing deliveries. I also worked on the shop floor when required where I dealt with customers enquiries. I enjoyed all aspects of the job but in particular the shop floor where I was able to meet customers
Great part time
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 February 2019
Next has been a great company to work for whilst studying at university. It has taught me a lot in the way of working with the public and juggling tasks. Would recommend this job to anyone who is enthusiastic and social.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working christmas eve and boxing day
bad place to work
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall20 January 2019
My manger did not want new requets because he was a dispach manger and having packers was not a good idea to him he was nasty and rude. the company are the focused on there customer base the have no respect for staff as long as money is coming in.
Pros
wage
Cons
everything
Workplace
Sale support team (Former Employee) –  Romford16 January 2019
The staff and management was really nice, overall I felt productive. And I gained new skills. What I enjoyed the most was getting to know the customers
Productive workplace
Shop floor and Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coatbridge16 January 2019
A typical day at work is never the same, each day is totally different and you must take it a day at a time. I've learned a lot about myself whilst working at next. The hardest part of the job is the lead upto a sale
Pros
Flexible Hours