Next Distribution Employee Reviews

Only promoted if your face fits
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire21 May 2018
Next distribution is not about people it's about certain people who are "liked" by managers. If your face don't fit forget it, poor jobs. Certain people get promoted because of who they know not what know. Rubbish management who are bullies.
Pros
Staff shop
Cons
Arrogant managers
Terrible place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire23 April 2018
I spent 6 months there then left. I used to wonder what is was like for the ancient Israelites working under Pharaoh and now i know. My line manager a short man based in South Elmsall behaved like a dictator and everyone he manages hates him like crazy. Before i left i heard he was transferred to Dearne Valley as Site Manager (i pity those who will come in contact with him)

The working environment is very tense and people continue to leave all the time been replaced by agency staff. I am glad i am set free from this mental and physical slavery
Management poor, snotty people to work with. Redhouse
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Redhouse9 March 2018
Not bad place to work apart from the people, especially one of the staff telling agency staff to shut up talking etc. When people report this amazingly they get laid off, management is really poor all lie and bullsh*t about their roles. They tell you there managers when they're team leaders, a few of the team leaders are really nice. Different team leaders tell you different things to do or how to do it so in the end you don't know what to do as they all tell you different. The next own staff are up each other apart from a few. Overall, i wouldn't work there again, the job was good apart from targets they expected you to hit and the staff are poor.
Pros
Good job, some team leaders are nice to work with
Cons
Poor management, most of staff are c**ts
warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rotherham3 March 2018
a good typical day at work learnt quite a lot to be fair good management wasn't any hard parts to the jobs i did there the most enjoyable part of the job loading trailers.
It was a good company to work for
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire26 February 2018
Next was renound for quality but this is now not always the case. Staff are now just a number. Staff are in fear of losing their jobs. Managemnt are not equipped with skills to manage.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Management lack of skills
All about work
Class1 driver (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead25 February 2018
Gone through the good times
Poor management
Good benefits
Can earn a lot of money
Sacrifice life
Early starts and late starts on one rota
Sharesave scheme
Pros
Sharesave scheme
Cons
No life. Working most weekends
Rewarding Place to work
Team Coach (trainer) (Current Employee) –  Doncaster23 February 2018
As a Team Coach my day to day working life would be induct new employees and then on the job training for a specific area of the warehouse. With in induction there would be health & safety training, manual handling training and lots of risk assessments to do with areas and departments, at Next its all about ensuring everyone is safe. Safety with in Next is paramount to working with in a distribution centre. Next is a very demanding work place and is always improving in all areas with state of the art automation. Next is a fantastic place to work, its just that I'm moving to the next chapter of my working career and want to become a professional driver.
Most depressing place iv ever worked.
Transport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire21 February 2018
The directors of the business need to get a grip and fast. It's all good and well bragging about record profits, but in reality the most important part of any business, distribution is at breaking point.

The whole transport department has been poorly restructured. Often, you are expected to do 6 peoples jobs. You have transport planners who have no experience in transport and you spend most of the shift taking abuse from the drivers and rectifying their mess. You get an average holiday entitlement on paper, its just a shame you will never get any due to staff shortages. Their more than happy for you to work through your break and dock your wages when you leave early to compensate.

I expected massive things from Next. It was just a job full of false promises right from the word go. I have never worked in a more stressful, depressing, degrading, demoralizing job in my life. Training is extremely poor. You reachly are thrown in the deep end trying to resolve senior management level issues on very poor wages.

You reachly are treated as number.
Pros
Getting out with my dignity still intact
Cons
I really dont want to write a novel.
Disgraceful place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire6 February 2018
All management are up their own the place is dirty and they are a bunch of liars.
They flexed me down constantly and then laid me off due to there being no work. Then when my parents emailed hr to find out why they sent a load of rubbish back stating that I was never flexed down.
The management are bullies.
And if you think your gunna get a full time job then be prepared for the shock of your life when they tell you your not good enough
Other than that mint place to work NOT!
Pros
Cons
Bullies
They owe my partner over £1300 in wages!
Labourer (Current Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire2 February 2018
They made my partner work SIX WEEKS, before they paid him a penny, then when the wages finally came through it was £800! They tried to say he had time off when his punctuality was impeccable! The way they have proceeded with this issue has been absolutely disgusting! We are a month behind on rent and my partner is totally unmotivated and disheartened. This is the South Empsall distribution. I was lead to believe next was a family orientated company with high standards to be proud of but they are just a money grabbing pit that takes advantage of and works their staff to death! I have called all kinds of numbers to get some help and advice or even to make a complaint; I got absolutely nowhere. DISGRACEFUL!
Pros
None.
Cons
Wont be paid for your work, offered tatty damaged clothes as a perk but still have to pay, no manager, no coaching on a personal level and you get nothing in writing because everything is digital.
Next distribution
LGV 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  South Elmsall, West Yorkshire24 January 2018
Not the place it used to be,high blame n wanting to discipline all time,not made to feel a asset to the company,very poor man management,don’t care about you or your family needs,
Pros
Sickness scheme, staff discount, share save
Cons
any 5 from 7 shift
Next day to stores (Current Employee) –  Next16 January 2018
If your not afraid of work. Then you can’t go wrong at next a brilliant place to work , they support you on your career journey the staff are understanding and it’s a pleasurable place to work , however you have to be willing to work and to accept different tasks. The training is second to none .
Pros
Holidays to suit you
Cons
Nights
Great atmosphere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire24 November 2017
My dutys was picking orders and packing orders. Did badic general warehouse dutys including picking packing forklift driver really enjoyed working there....
Was gold
Next warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire21 November 2017
Had a good time made friends worked hard need to put me head down and stay focused but messed up happens put now looking for a better job and sort myself out
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Elmsall5 November 2017
I enjoyed working for Next, i met loads of new people as everyone was so friendly, always got helped by everyone when it was needed. the management was so lovely and nice.
Hard work, but fun
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 October 2017
Was a good place to work, but the early mornings can be a bit of a killer. Hard work, but enjoyable all the same. Management weren't too bad and generally approachable.
productive place to work with easy going people
Hygiene Operative (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire21 October 2017
A great company to work for with excellent staff members and management who are respectful, they help with shifts so you can work around family and are understanding if anything should occur.
Demanding Job
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead12 October 2017
Very demanding job made harder by cuts to resource and cost-cutting, Great training structure and pay but let down by the factors mentioned at the start.
Terrible workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol8 October 2017
The management team is terrible at its job. Threatening staff and totally lack people skills. It seem a proper person has no change in getting up the ladder as the managers above are scared of promoting people that might be better at the job than they are. And those people are easy to find.

May feeling is it has gone worse over the last year or so. There are different bonus scheme for drivers. Those drivers that were on a scheme that really gave them the opportunity to earn bonus had it scrapped as it was not working for the company as the company had to pay them few quid in bonus every six months.

It's the worst workplace I've ever stepped my foot into. It could be so much better if they changed the management team.
Pros
Salary ok
Cons
management team
good
Packer (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
it was an okay job, good skill gaining job. Met lots of different people from other cultures which was nice. Learned alot about next distribution. The hardest part of the day was sometimes picking heavy delivery.