Newsquest Media Group Employee Reviews

Simple and independent
Newspaper Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire23 November 2018
I got told what to do and how and then i was trusted to complete the job which was simple but time-consuming. This was a good approach from the management as it wasn't a job that needed over complicating.
Pros
Small hours
Cons
Small salary
Make your mind up for yourself
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire11 November 2018
The job itself is what you expect in sales, targets and making a great deal of calls.

However as a new member of staff its very difficult to make these targets due to the small area, other sales executive are very greedy and rude, make it clear 'you can't phone that person as its my customer' they even go behind your back and try get accounts your dealing with, hitting a target and earning commission forget about it!

The high management are a joke constantly on your back, dragging you in the office for hours asking about revenue

The only good thing about this place is its a nice office, no weekends, the trainings good and the occasional incentives
Pros
xmas party, incentives, no weekends
Cons
Targets, management, lack of teamwork
Fun workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 November 2018
Every day was a different day. I worked on some exciting projects which has helped to shape me into the designer I am today. I have learnt how to manage strict deadlines to produce award winning design for clients.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
environment
Good job for teenagers
Newspaper Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Poole26 September 2018
It was a good job to do alongside my GCSE studies as it was flexible to my time schedule however it was a very time-consuming job. Some weeks you would be given many more leaflets to deliver and be paid next to nothing for the extra time it takes to complete.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Little pay for hard work
Top place
Mailer (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset21 September 2018
Great place to work. Management on your butt, but, that is their job, no dramas. Expected me to oversee more machinery above my pay grade. Again, the job. £2000.00 a year makes a difference though. Had no problems otherwise. Very friendly.
Pros
Late night Chinese or Pizza
Cons
Overworked for no extra bunse.
Interesting with great people
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset20 September 2018
Newsquest is a very fun place to work, however the management does not motivate the staff enough. This causes the workplace to be very dull. Better management would lead to more driven staff and more sales.
Pros
People
Working conditions and timing
Paper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 September 2018
Whilst working for Newsquest, all of the papers were delivered to my door on time for me to deliver to my local area on time. Leaflets weren't an issue and overall enjoyed working there
Pros
Hours were Felixable
Cons
Pay could of been better
really bad
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Seaford, East Sussex9 August 2018
took 2 and a half hours to complete 160 papers and only got paid £5 a week not really allowed any time off and never get any sick or holiday pay. bad job
Newspaper Distributor
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Orpington12 July 2018
After a month you can easily get into a routine and my quickest delivery time was 30 minutes. Not so good in the cold. Great employer, easy to contact.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Weather conditions
Never again
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midland South9 July 2018
Unrealistic targets, constant redundancy announcements, poor management, sales teams that will take each other’s advertisers and back-stab each other. The list is endless!

There is a reason that Newsquest is constantly recruiting ..........
Summer Work
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Swindon17 June 2018
I worked for them over the summer. I was still quite young but just wanted some extra money. They understood this so they didn't overload me with work.
Meh
Paper Deliverer (Current Employee) –  Halesowen15 June 2018
They take forever to respond and are terrible when dropping off the papers to your house,multiple times they have dropped them off at the wrong location.
Pros
Roughly 1 hour to deliver papers
Cons
They take forever to respond and are terrible when dropping off the papers to your house, multiple times they have dropped them off at the wrong location
Interesting
Sales and Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon14 June 2018
Interesting and different everyday ,work with a good team of people nice new building flexibility within the job, everybody friendly something different everyday.
Pros
Flexibility
Nice
Paper Deliverer (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Good place to work. They drop off newspapers at my house and i deliver them. It was easy to do and good money for what you have to do. Good for younger people
Ever changing
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire8 May 2018
Regional Media giant which at times struggled to get ahead of the curve. Not the fastest company to react and not always as innovative as it could have been. However good values, great training and nice atmosphere.
Good job
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Winchester28 April 2018
I delivered newspapers and it was a good job with good pay. Unfortunately they had to stop the papers as they weren’t going to be distributed anymore, however would have carried on if they were.
Good first experience to office work
Distribution Controller (Current Employee) –  Southampton23 April 2018
The days are very long here if you are organised and good at your job. I was too far ahead that when it came to day to day tasks I had completed them with in the first 2 hours of work.
You are left to work very independently which was good once you know what you are doing.
expected too much for too little pay
financial sales ledger (Former Employee) –  Newport6 April 2018
work constantly thrown at you for minimal pay, outdated office and ways of work. The only good thing is the team you work alongside who are also all in the same boat.
Respected Local Newspapers with long history
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire16 March 2018
The newspaper industry is facing challenging times with the decline of print readership and advertising revenues.

Even though this environment is tough, it is also a potentially exciting place to work with the development of digital products and online formats.
A great place to work for
Newspaper (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire13 March 2018
Really enjoyed delivering papers to everyone around the area and meeting different people and also enjoyed the responsibility I had of organising all the leaflets into the papers . The hardest part of the job was delivering in all weathers .
Pros
Part time
Cons
Late delivery sometimes to me from the newspaper agent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newsquest Media Group. Our community is ready to answer.