News UK

News UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
Enjoyable work space, open office makes the team feel large but always helpful. Great balance of sociable and hard working teams to make sure the job is done right in the best way.
if you fit in as part of the club you are fine, but raise your head above the water to speak about an issue and they will find a way of getting rid of you.

No development of careers unless you do it yourself. Only seems to praise salespeople no one else.

Issues with bullying that get ignored, one of the worst media companies i have ever worked for.
Pros
salary/benefits
Cons
management, lack of managment direction, no development of careers.
Did not want to leave but had to for personal reasons and hope l could go back one day
Overall a great company to work for, always encouraging you to move on to something else if available

Love meeting my retailers and driving sales forward
I loved working here the team are amazing and so welcoming they really have your back and make you feel included. The management are great but i know a few people complain about lack of opportunities
really great environment to learn and i really enjoyed the fast paced role.
communication from management was great and informative.

big team and well organised.
Very good place to get job experience. They invest in people and have a brilliant bonus scheme. Learnt a lot working at News and would advise anyone to go work there.
When I began I was a replacement fill in for when someone wasn't in meaning my life was harder when doing the job as each time I was called to do a job I had to basically learn a new area and study what street was what just in case I ever did this route again.
Very fast passing, stressful working conditions. Micro-management, you feel under pressure all the time. No endorsment or support from the management, you have to deliver or you can go! If you want to work in warm, friendly team.... It is not the place for you.
Fun place and good people. I really enjoyed my time working there. Great canteen. Clean office. A very professional but enjoyable working space and close to other vibrant areas in London.
I worked there for 7 years. It's an amazing place to learn and grow. There are always new opportunities to learn and try things. It's a bit mad, but every successful business is.
Was a great company to develop my career with. Enabled me to hone in and help train certain skills I wished to developed
really loved my team, friday was a dress down day, there is free coffee machine on site. although there are Mc Donalds, Starbucks, Tesco and other restaurants close by.
Great team and a great environment. Good culture and very sound technical environment. A great place for any technical person to work in. Teams are very social and love to do things together.
Interesting, challenging place to work. Took time to train colleagues properly, helpful, caring management and colleagues. Fun, hardworking workplace culture. Very tight deadlines, learnt lots of new things.
Pros
Hardworking, fun, professional workplace culture, free newspapers
Cons
I worked an awful lot on my own initiative, following a demanding daily schedule, hitting deadlines, beating the opposition, and required terrific backup from the professionals in the office which I received on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was the isolation, and the grind of travelling but I got used to it. Writing for The Times was a fabulous moment in my career - I stayed there 12 years.
Pros
International travel, reputation of the company
Cons
Long hours - usual for a journalist
I only worked with News UK for a week because I was there for work experience but for only working there for a short amount of time I was able to have a brief inside into what it was like to work for a major UK newspaper e.g. The Times,The Sunday Times and The sun. I really enjoyed working there. I found it very productive and I also realised I was learning so much while also enjoying myself.
Pros
pleasant working experience
I was treated with lots of respect and given great experience into the world of fashion journalism. it was a majority female environment which as a young woman felt very empowering.
I worked at News on the events Floor for 2 years. I met lots of celebrities and politicians (some good, some bad) worked extremely long hours on events but loved every minute of it. I got pregnant AND EVERYTHING CHANGED...
Suddenly i was pushed into a new role on the ground floor reception and treated terribly by the News UK facilities director and her close team. She had a terrible reputation and i found it all to be true. Was a real shame as apart from her the role is great.
Pros
exciting, fast moving
Cons
The senior staff
Great location, great colleagues, good culture and an inspiring CFO.
Only cons are: standard working hours from 9-5:30, no Summer Fridays, no working from home
Pros
Canteen with a view
good place to work, friendly staff, enjoyed working here, good location, good variety of work, made to feel welcome even though only temporary position,
A large organisation struggling to keep up with the modern world. It has a huge amount of skilled people who work there who bravely struggle to make what they do relevant in the modern world. Looks after the staff very well.