News UK Employee Reviews

good experience.
Fashion Intern (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2018
I was treated with lots of respect and given great experience into the world of fashion journalism. it was a majority female environment which as a young woman felt very empowering.
Exciting vibrant company but terribly managed
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 March 2018
I worked at News on the events Floor for 2 years. I met lots of celebrities and politicians (some good, some bad) worked extremely long hours on events but loved every minute of it. I got pregnant AND EVERYTHING CHANGED...
Suddenly i was pushed into a new role on the ground floor reception and treated terribly by the News UK facilities director and her close team. She had a terrible reputation and i found it all to be true. Was a real shame as apart from her the role is great.
Pros
exciting, fast moving
Cons
The senior staff
Great Company Culture
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  London12 March 2018
Great location, great colleagues, good culture and an inspiring CFO.
Only cons are: standard working hours from 9-5:30, no Summer Fridays, no working from home
Pros
Canteen with a view
good place to work
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire8 September 2017
good place to work, friendly staff, enjoyed working here, good location, good variety of work, made to feel welcome even though only temporary position,
Big place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
A large organisation struggling to keep up with the modern world. It has a huge amount of skilled people who work there who bravely struggle to make what they do relevant in the modern world. Looks after the staff very well.
An enjoyable and friendly place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station22 July 2017
An enjoyable and friendly place to work.
Good location
A fast paced Newspaper environment
Good line of communication between workers and line manager
I love it there but time for a new challenge
Post and loading bay supervisor (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London15 June 2017
It's a very good working environment. Very challenging. Nice staff members
The company looks after their staff very well and make sure they are willing to work for them
Pros
Good work environment
Great Working Environment
Training & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2017
The building is in a great location by London Bridge. The company has good benefits and it is an interesting environment to work. Its fast paced and sometimes pressurised.
Productive and Fun workplace
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London10 April 2017
A typical day at work is unpredictable with different tasks thrown at you everyday which relates to my role and some not so much but vital.

Learned so much at News UK about financial reporting on a bigger scale and internationally.
work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2017
i do daily newspaper delivery door to door.
every night witj my own vehicle.

evey day i have about 120 customers to deliver their papers try to the best not to have any complaints from them
Industry leading company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK6 February 2017
A fast paced environment which continues to evolve in an ever-changing print media world.

Innovation is displayed across many areas a business which provide the opportunity for talent to progress in several directions.

There are many challenges ahead in the industry but News UK are well placed to continue being a leading brand.
Pros
Scale of business/opportunities/staff benefits
Cons
Commuting costs
Always interesting
Head of Product (Former Employee) –  London8 December 2016
A fascintating place to work and great to see a living breathing tangible product emerging at the start of each day, with the first edition, and evolving throughout the day.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Political
Not bad, but 7 years was enough
Various roles (Former Employee) –  London18 November 2016
Worked here for 7 years. It was a frustrating time in my life where marketing teams are set hard targets that puts them in direct conflict with the targets of departments like mine.

There are perks such as the location and the health insurance.
Productive & Excellent Workplace
Agile Automation QA (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2016
It was very excellent workplace. Following latest technology with excellent team work. All the team members are very helpful to each other.
Sad to leave
Case Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London Bridge27 January 2016
Friendly and welcoming place to work.

I learned a lot from my role here and it was a big insight into the corporate world which I am still very keen to stay in
Fast Paced
Commercial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London Bridge7 January 2016
News UK is a place of great dept and variety. I learnt a lot from working across all varied titles, from the The Sun to The Sunday Times magazine.

Working on these meant that I was able to connect with some great name brands and was able to deliver content to larger and very different demographics.

The most challenging part of the job was the internal liaising. This brought up problems due to commercial and editorial conflict. Even though this was the most difficult part it was the part that I would eventually enjoy the most. As producing a campaign that both the brand/agency and our papers were happy with was most rewarding.

At times News UK Commercial department could have more structure allowing for more growth and development of their individuals. But with the fast paced environment that can be very difficult.
stressful
Demi chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  London, ENG13 February 2015
my time at news has been a good experience, from how much I've learnt and what great people i have met on the way but its time for me to move on and work closer to home because i don't have much of a life with family and friends. my day to day roles consists of cooking the days food and also prepping for the next day but the work load was so much cooking for like 3500 people a day and its time for me to take a less stressful job.
Pros
people i work with
Good Company
HR Administrator - Employee Contracts (Current Employee) –  London Bridge16 January 2015
Every day is different from the next, it's a busy fast paced environment.
A good place to work
Logistics Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG25 November 2014
A great deal of team interaction is required working across a number of different departments. Also high levels of contact with external companies working through daily weekly & monthly KPI management.
Productive and busy workplace
IT Work Experience (Former Employee) –  london3 September 2014
Working with News UK enabled me to see how different IT sectors operated.