Newlyn Plc

Newlyn Plc Employee Reviews

fast paced and at times stressful. tied to the phones and take at times call after call. Taking debt calls can be upsetting and stress. The staff make it easier as all taking the same
Pros
nice people
Cons
stressful job
As with all the roles within the company, if you are willing to put in the time an effort the bonus reward you will receive can be extremely substantial.
The environment i was surrounded in when working for Newlyn Plc was a very fast paced and tactical environment where i had to aply my sills and knowledge to the best of my ability on a daily basis. Work was expected to of been completed quickly and databases were expected to be updated and filed daily.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Strenous
Despite working for a bailiffs people have instant thoughts that it would be bad. I thoroughly enjoyed my 11 months working for Newlyn PLC. I would have stayed for longer but I moved out of the area. Excellent bonus structure, realistic targets (even for beginners, I started on this and worked my way up to a higher salary and better targets).
Pros
Amazing people and managers, brilliant working horus
Cons
Working weekends - but not so bad as on a rotating basis.
I'd get in sort out the post, check my emails respond to colleagues and customers. The management team is professional and everyone works as a team. great preople great place to work.
Pros
team mumbers easy to get along with
Cons
hot office
Awesome company to work for. They will back you up 100% & they look after their staff. And they genuinely care, which is a rarity nowadays. having worked for several companies in this industry, Newlyns stands head & shoulders above its competitors.
There is an excellent chance of progression within the company providing you are willing to put in the time and effort. It can be extremely challenging due to the nature of business but if you are thick skinned there is always an opportunity to progress.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Nature of the business
Basic salary is higher than other call centres and there's good commission too. Managers are supportive and easy to talk to. Other staff are also really friendly. Lots of opportunities to progress if you want. Definitely apply if you're good at negotiating, like a challenge and enjoy working in a busy call centre.
whilst working at newlyn I enjoyed my time there and the fresh challenges everyday, management where always there to help if necessary and try to listen to all their staff. however 1 member of management was too personal and likes to stir the pot making the experience not very nice if on this persons Team.
Cons
can not have a decent sleeping patten
Fast paced contact centre, busy all day. if you enjoy overcoming challenges, negotiating and talking to people then Newlyn's call centre is a great place to work. Staff are friendly and everyone supports each other, it is a fun atmosphere. Basic salaries are higher than normal call centre work and you can also earn big bonuses. If you want to progress then there are always opportunities to work in different departments.
Pros
Pizzas on Saturday and Sunday for everyone
working at newlyn was fun and they have good staff members everyone is included and made to feel like there in a family the work is demanding the hardest part of my job was the people you come in contact with on the phones some people can be rude and nasty what iv learned from newlyn is that you can not take things to heart you are doing a job and the debtors are upset the most enjoyable thing about newlyn is hitting target and helping people with their debts management is also very kind if you ever have a problem you can always go to them and the will help you as much as they can
Calling debtors to pay off balances owed to clients (councils). I learned that payments not paid in time will always be collected. the hardest part of the job was cold calling people and persuading them to pay off the full balance owed.
Long hours and lots of stress the hardest part of the job was getting payments and driving all over London scanning roads with a a problem fitted van.
the job offers many rewards by helping different types of individuals in different situation on how to repay their debts.
  1. Employee reviews