NewLaw Solicitors Employee Review

View all NewLaw Solicitors reviews

Glorified call centre
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff6 December 2018
Bad management, no benefits, but the salary was decent-ish.

Management run around shouting at people to pick up calls, but still expect things to be top notch perfect - how can you perfect things when you're made to rush everything?

Management haven't got a clue what to do, cant recall one who's actually ever worked in the legal sector previously.

Targets are just ridiculous, you're basically being told to try and force someone into making claim.

Progression within the business is decent, you get a lot of people who move departments (shock).

The department is basically a glorified call centre.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Awful management, Pressure, Lack of support

Other NewLaw Solicitors Employee Reviews

More promises than delivered
Personal injury Paralegal/claims handler (Former Employee) –  Cardiff23 May 2019
Breeds a culture of every person for themselves. People are friendly but highly stressed. Training is short and brief, and the work environment is very opaque.
Pros
City centre location, big firm.
Cons
Impossible to get bonus, un-manageable case load, very stressful environment, management aren’t very helpful
A Review from the Resourcing and Talent Manager
Resourcing and Talent Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff26 April 2019
As the Resourcing and Talent Manager at NewLaw, I am responsible for the companies recruitment strategy. Part of this role means reading, analysing and acting upon reviews that I read online. So, I thought - Why not leave my own? After all, I am an employee too!

I started working at NewLaw 3 months ago this week. I have purposely waited 90 days before giving an opinion.

So, here is what I think....

I think the company really care about making sure HR are available to support the people within the business. Why? Because in the past 6 months the HR team has been grown from 4 team members to 11, ensuring there is a good mix of people that have skills related to policy and employment law, employee engagement and well-being, diversity and inclusion, as well as training and recruitment.

I think the company really cares about the development of people within the business? Why? Because 6 months ago they took on a new Learning and Development manager to do just that, who is supported by 2 other trainers. I hardly see that section of the team as they are always out and about within the rest of the business making sure people get the training they need, want and would expect.

I think the company really cares about the well-being of its staff. Why? Because in 2019, there have been weekly well-being initiatives, a new team of 'Well-being warriors' recruited internally to support people, and more and more being done to train mental health firstaiders, develop peoples understanding of invisible disabilities and to support staff with their general well-being.

I think the
  more... company really care about diversity and inclusion. Why? Other than my own personal experience being gay and living with ADHD and knowing I am in an environment I can be myself, the company offers part time opportunities to students to fit around University and for parents and carers that need part time hours to fit in with school pick ups. We have a space in the office that is utilised by people of various faiths as a prayer room.

I think NewLaw really care about how their staff feel about working here. Why? Because the feedback received over the past year is being listened to, the right decisions are being made and the company is going through a fantastic period of change.

The final Pro from me, is that if the above sounds like a company you want to join - We have lots of opportunities available!
Pros
The company is developing, growing and going through a great period of change, which makes it really exciting to be part of.
Cons
Communication. Many great things are happening, but they are not shouted about as much as they could be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewLaw Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7