NewLaw Solicitors Employee Review

View all NewLaw Solicitors reviews

Excellent Place to work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 July 2018
A very hands on role and the ideal role for a graduate to get some real experience.

The firm are willing to give those with little experience the opportunity to grow and develop their skills. Which when you are a new graduate, some firms won't even give you the time of day.

Its a fast paced, target driven environment but management do try and balance this out with fun too.

Plenty of opportunities for progression within the company.

They build a culture where no question is a silly question.

Senior management always looking at ways of keeping staff morale high
Pros
Flexible working, City Centre location, Share save scheme
Cons
Limited benefits but they are looking to improve this

Other NewLaw Solicitors Employee Reviews

Do not apply for this role
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff22 September 2019
Worked for around 3-4 months, within this period, I was hated by my manager and team, wouldn’t ever recommend this place to a rat, never mind a person!

Ridiculous emails about targets that has to be met, and around 45-60 calls from 1 of 300 clients you’ve not even dealt with before. This firm will not progress you, pay you well, or help you in any way to become a solicitor or help you in a career path.
An amazing job, but an inflexible environment
New Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Cardiff13 September 2019
The work as a new claims handler was amazing. It is engaging, quick paced, and exciting. However, NewLaw itself is not extremely considerate of the hours that employees had to work. I myself, had to travel 1 hour to work every day on public transport and then was often put on the rota to work until 9PM in the nights. When I discussed possibly having earlier shifts with my manager I was immediately dismissed and my request was taken no further. I was also informed 2 weeks prior to it, that for at least 1 week I would have to work 12 hour shifts as they had decided to close the office for a day, on the grounds of rearranging a computer system. All employees of the first response unit were expected to do this so that we could work back the hours we had missed.
The job itself, and especially the environment you are in leads to very distressing days in work. On more than one occasion I would break down in tears and panic attacks due to stress, and my managers response was always that it was very normal for this job and every one had done it at some point. They demeaned the fact that I was struggling with my mental health due to work and did nothing to make it more comfortable for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewLaw Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7