NewLaw Solicitors Employee Review

View all NewLaw Solicitors reviews

People not the place
Paralegal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff27 April 2018
I found the people I worked with to be excellent but the way the business was run was very poor. The accounts department was by far better run and managed but the MOJ department was a revolving door due to being horrendously mis-managed

Other NewLaw Solicitors Employee Reviews

Do not apply for this role
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff22 September 2019
Worked for around 3-4 months, within this period, I was hated by my manager and team, wouldn’t ever recommend this place to a rat, never mind a person!

Ridiculous emails about targets that has to be met, and around 45-60 calls from 1 of 300 clients you’ve not even dealt with before. This firm will not progress you, pay you well, or help you in any way to become a solicitor or help you in a career path.
An amazing job, but an inflexible environment
New Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Cardiff13 September 2019
The work as a new claims handler was amazing. It is engaging, quick paced, and exciting. However, NewLaw itself is not extremely considerate of the hours that employees had to work. I myself, had to travel 1 hour to work every day on public transport and then was often put on the rota to work until 9PM in the nights. When I discussed possibly having earlier shifts with my manager I was immediately dismissed and my request was taken no further. I was also informed 2 weeks prior to it, that for at least 1 week I would have to work 12 hour shifts as they had decided to close the office for a day, on the grounds of rearranging a computer system. All employees of the first response unit were expected to do this so that we could work back the hours we had missed.
The job itself, and especially the environment you are in leads to very distressing days in work. On more than one occasion I would break down in tears and panic attacks due to stress, and my managers response was always that it was very normal for this job and every one had done it at some point. They demeaned the fact that I was struggling with my mental health due to work and did nothing to make it more comfortable for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewLaw Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7