Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Newcross Healthcare Solutions selected this as a representative review
Loved the variety
HCA (Former Employee) –  Torquay27 October 2018
I loved everything about being employed by a nursing agency. I was offered a huge amount of work throughout my 11 years with them. My preference was always night work. I found night duties gave me more time to spend with each client. I enjoyed mental health establishments and cottage hospital work.
Healthcare assistant North Yorkshire
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Yorkshire19 May 2019
I've been working for Newcross now for 3 months. I have had plenty of shifts and hours. I have worked at a few places and I'm happy I had my DBs and first uniform for free. Good wage. I have just enrolled on the level 2 diploma in social care and I'm looking forward to completing it. Tr staff in the office I hav no problem with. So far I'm happy. I have gained lots of experience so far.
Pros
Wage free dbs and first uniform
Cons
No complaints so far
Good employer
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall18 May 2019
Pick and choose where and when you want to work, lovely co-workers, office are supportive most of the times. I would recommend them as an employer. You have to have own transport and be willing to travel for shifts.
Pros
Work whenever you want, pay weekly, weekend and bank holiday enhancements
Cons
Pay weekly insurance, no sick pay, holiday included in hourly rate
productive and fun workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester17 April 2019
job that suits to your life style
freedom to make your own routa
friendly staff
professional aproach
every day is different and brings new challange
Pros
paid millage
Cons
long distances
30 April 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're proud of the work/life balance we offer here at Newcross and we're glad to hear it's benefitted you. Thank you for all your hard work.

good company to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colwyn Bay, Conwy9 April 2019
I have worked for newcross for over a year and have enjoyed my time with them. I have worked for newcross full time and have plenty of shifts offered to me in a range of care homes in my local area.
Branch staff and central support staff are lovely and offer a range of shifts to suit my working hours.
good rates of pay and flexible working hours.
Pros
flexible working hours
1 May 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us and we wish you a long and happy career at Newcross!

Supportive
Newcross staff (Current Employee) –  North Wales9 April 2019
I have worked for this company for around 3 month now.
Cannot sing their praises any louder, the management and all the staff I have been in contact with have be lovely, supportive and very welcoming. It genuinely feels like one big family. Really pleased that i also got the chance to start an NVQ.
1 May 2019

Thank you for such a lovely review. We're happy to hear you feel part of the Newcross family!

Flexible and interesting
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon13 March 2019
I have only been working for Newcross for a very short period of time but my experience so far has been positive and I am looking forward to achieving a better work-life balance.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not guaranteed shifts
1 May 2019

Thank you for your review. We hope you're enjoying a flexible work/life balance with us at Newcross.

A scam pretty much
Inteviewed (Former Employee) –  Somerset15 January 2019
Your holiday is included in your pay, they advertise what they pay, they say (including holiday pay) next to it, so you can easily misinterpret them, so when you get holiday you don't get paid and it looks like you're getting a much higher wage then you are. They will lie to you, they will tell you they pay for training and then charge you for it and not send you the certificates, they will tell you you can choose your hours, then you'll find out you have to give them six weeks notice if you want to go on holiday, (I was interviewing for complex care) they will charge you for a visit if you can not go, you will be fined by this company, they are a truly disgusting company and if you have any sense at all you will stay far far away, I wish I had.
Pros
Couldn't find any
Cons
Liars, misleading, runs like a scam, don't believe me, just read some of the 5 star reviews!
Awful
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth19 November 2018
Unsupportive management. They lie to cover their own backs. Don’t give correct information about clients. Communication is very poor. Don’t supply you with training certificates unless you have paid for it out of your own pocket (you don’t get paid for attending training). Have to chase wages & milage allowances. Milage is capped at 20miles for some clients which they fail to mention and some clients you don’t get paid milage at all but they will tell you that it is included in the hourly pay. Holiday pay is incorporated into your hourly pay, therefore if you take a weeks holiday, you won’t have any wages for that week. They don’t pay for shadow shifts. Don’t get paid for last minute cancelled shifts & are unable to cover the shift at the last minute resulting in a loss of wages and to top of all of that, if you pull out of a shift with in 24hrs, regardless of the circumstances, they will charge you £50. Although the hourly rate may be better than most, the deductions means you end up working for a much lower hourly rate. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
Supportive management
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochdale12 October 2018
I have worked for Newcross for 8 months, within that time period I have worked at various locations, and really enjoyed the work.

Management work hard to find the right work for you, even if this is within a specialist field.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes the travelling
Avoid
nurse (Former Employee) –  scotland25 August 2018
All the shifts go to new staff. Longer term staff go without. And they CONSTANTLY interview as part of their PR strategy.

While many of the phone consultants are pleasant, there are numerous incidents of rude, abrasive phone calls and many staff are unhappy about how they are spoken to, but too afraid to speak out.

There is a LOT of pressure out on staff to work, even though these are not your available days.

And not all phone staff are truthful about the agreements to work shifts!

If a problem occurs, management are NOT supportive. Money is the bigger priority and they will sacrafice staff, rather than lose a client. Many staff leave because of this.

Further there sis a £50 charge if you become sick and do not cancel outwith 24 hours notice.

Lastly, training course are constantly cancelled and yet when a course you have NOT put your name to comes up, they will harass you into attending!

Look elsewhere. Not all it seems.
Pros
good salary and hours IF you can get them
Cons
no shifts, favouritsm, poor triaing, sick call charges, no support
Dead End Job - unacheivable bonus - no career progression - rude management
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woking15 July 2018
Where to start!! The ethos in the company is investors in people only they forget to actually invest in those people!! There is a huge lack of training then they terminate you contact for not having the needed contract.

The staff turn over is scary with 5 branch managers in 1 local branch alone that doesnt include health care coordinators ir any other staff for that matter... they continue to take on nursing staff yet do not have the hours to allow half of those staff to fulfill their contracts.

No prais to any of their staff. The managment and coordination is next to zero and the only time the do step in is when the are disciplining or tearing their staff down. Managment are often abrupt and certinly not approachable.

They consistently request that client calls be made forgetting and putting aside all the important things a business needs in order to run. Forcing staff to make sone time 3 and 4 calls a week to clients who do not and will not use their service. Along side making cold calls to clients forcing service visits such a bad attitude!!

They rarely compramise with companies and instead feel everyone should conform to the newcross way and are happy to throw away business because of this attitude.

Their staff are classed as second class citizen's who they would rather get rid of than listen to or fix any problems..... please stay away

Tbey set unrealistic and unreachable targets that they then get onto staff about for not reaching them and heap on more work ontop of the allready heavy work load. You rarely get your break due to the work load

more...
Bonuses are paid annually and after tax are not worth the bother. Twice bonuses weren’t paid or weren’t paid correctly.

You will never be treated fairly or as a valued employee, you may think you have a great relationship with your manager, however they are a yes man to senior management and will throw you under the bus at any given opportunity.

Very poor wage for such a varied and heavy workload, no company benefits, no sick pay, no pay rise & no negotiation on pay.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Monday - Friday 9-530
Cons
No training, low wage heavy work, rude management, no progression
avoid if u value your self worth !
rgn (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 June 2018
hardly any hours to go around , lots of favouritism in branch , staff morale low as constantly having to ring to see if there is any work. they advertise constantly for new staff but treat their old staff with disrespect . as an rgn , the pay was the only good thing , the negatives far out way the positives ! fined £50 if you are off sick without 24 hours notice , branch managers rude .
Pros
pay
Cons
lots !
Its ok
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Devon1 March 2018
Still newish to the company and keep having shifts being cancelled. The wages are good but not earning enough to pay all bill and utilities due to either lack of shifts or them being cancelled.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not many hours guaranteed
Fun workplace
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol18 February 2018
Good company to work for. Benefits to grow higher up in the business. Good motivation to drive forward with incentives and commission. Teams are thriving to achieve.
Good pay but THAT'S ALL
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon7 February 2018
I worked for this Agency for about 2 years in Plymouth. I stayed there just because it was something I was doing on the side of my studies. As with all agencies I had flexible hours which was good and the pay was normally better than other agencies.
HOWEVER, the management was really just in for the money. The team changed 3 times including the Manager over the last year and a half.
Just when you get to start working with them is very expensive as you have to pay for your uniform and your DBS. While you're working you get to earn points based on the hours you do and you can buy a second uniform with those points but this can take forever so you'll have to just buy a second uniform yourself.
There is a £50 fine if you don't manage to cover a shift and if you didn't let them know 24h before. BUT if it's they're fault your shift was cancelled and you get to the care home and you're sent back home, they DON'T pay you for the hour you just lost.
They can be pushy with the shifts although you give clear reasons why you're not going to a certain place (e.g location too far; no transport).
Pros
good pay
Cons
expensive, poor management, £50 fine, irresponsible, pushy
Worst Agency Ever
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading branch31 January 2018
There was never a typical day

The training was adequate to perform the job but it was very expensive. Experience of working in the Healthcare sector was the key factor

Branch management inadequate, uninterested unresponsive unresolved issues raised. lack of communication and support
Refuse to resolve concerns and issues and failed to respond to emails regarding issues and complaints

Work place culture 80% immigrant

Hardest part of the job lack of support and information together with poor handovers by permanent staff. This mainly. happened at poorly managed and inadequate staffing level locations I was booked at by the Reading branch

Most enjoyable working with very professional carers and nurses and meeting some amazing people in the elderly and learning disability communities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
£50 cancellation fee, no mileage and expenses reimbursement not enough local bookings
When you work for an agency you choose when you want to wait which is good
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton Hampshire19 January 2018
Working for newcross I enjoyed my time working with them I stopped working for them for personal reasons and family I can recommend anybody to them .very good.
Pros
Depending on where you were sent you could get free lunch
Cons
You choose when you want to work
Writers Beware this company will fire you without warning!!!
Former Content Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 December 2017
Totally incompetent management at all levels. Management does not stick to procedures and seem happy with firing staff with no warning or no reason given. Vast majority of managers have no idea what they're doing and without a certain individual at a lower level being on top of things it is a miracle anything gets done at all. Terrible compensation and benefits offered to office staff (in short there aren't any).

If you're a writer avoid this company. They will use you and fire you without warning or reason.
great for flexibility
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fife, dundee, stirling.26 September 2017
Newcross is a great company to work for as a carer or nurse, provide excellent rates of pay and dedicated support. The company is dedicated to its employees, but work may not always be local so a car is really needed.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
may have to travel alot for work
Potential to improve on skills.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall23 September 2017
Lots of shifts available if willing to travel but mileage is only paid up to a certain amount of miles.
You can choose where and when you want to work though.
Pros
Good weekend rates.
Cons
Charge £50 if cancel a shift within 24hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.