Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Cardiff Office.
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 September 2018
I have been working for the Cardiff Branch for the last two months. I have found the all the staff in the office always helpful. Shifts are offered to you and if there's a reason you cannot take the shift they understand. If you are thinking about joining the team then please give them ago. They work around you.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cardiff absolutely avoid
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 August 2018
Newcross as a whole is a great company, how ever since the manager took over the Cardiff office it has been a nightmare, fighting for shifts. Lack of people skills, speaks to you like dirt and will refuse to accept people have lives outside of work. Recently I have struggled with personal issues yet they have no empathy and just want you in work. Cancelled all my shifts with no explanation, but it's all down to cancelling a shift due to personal issues. Bullies, constant staff turn around due to manager. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Great care homes.
Cons
Cardiff manager is nothing but a narsasist and bully.
If you like chasing for your wages, go for it.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth29 August 2018
The clients are great, good variety of clients.

Shifts, not so great really, I work part time, and get rota'd in for 6 days of 3 hour shifts.

Management brush you off. Don't care if they put clients at risk by putting in an unsuitable member of staff.
Constantly chasing pay, mileage, hours. Cut your hours in half and take shifts away to suit other members of staff.

Want to have 2 year epilepsy training certificates, which are only valid for one year from all training providers and try to find ways around this. (this likely a higher management problem). Training done through DVD's and a multiple choice questionnaire you can fill in while watching.

Get paid the shortest mileage for shifts, even if routes are unsuitable for driving.

I would personally advise people to not bother applying to work here.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Everything else
Avoid
nurse (Former Employee) –  scotland25 August 2018
All the shifts go to new staff. Longer term staff go without. And they CONSTANTLY interview as part of their PR strategy.

While many of the phone consultants are pleasant, there are numerous incidents of rude, abrasive phone calls and many staff are unhappy about how they are spoken to, but too afraid to speak out.

There is a LOT of pressure out on staff to work, even though these are not your available days.

And not all phone staff are truthful about the agreements to work shifts!

If a problem occurs, management are NOT supportive. Money is the bigger priority and they will sacrafice staff, rather than lose a client. Many staff leave because of this.

Further there sis a £50 charge if you become sick and do not cancel outwith 24 hours notice.

Lastly, training course are constantly cancelled and yet when a course you have NOT put your name to comes up, they will harass you into attending!

Look elsewhere. Not all it seems.
Pros
good salary and hours IF you can get them
Cons
no shifts, favouritsm, poor triaing, sick call charges, no support
I love it!
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire23 August 2018
I can’t speak for all other branches but the Lincoln branch are fab. The staff are just lovely, they don’t take it the wrong way or personally when you take time off or decline shifts (as long as you’re communicating with them well) they will take time to get to know where you’re happy & when you like to work etc. I recently took time off to train for a new second job for about 5 weeks I used to do 3 nights a week with newcross I now do 1 night a week & I picked up the phone told them I’m back and that I only need 1 night and it’s as if I was never gone I wasn’t ignored there’s no pettiness the staff are so friendly and professional :)
Pros
Mileage paid, enhancements for nights/weekends, weekly pay, flexibility, lovely office staff that really appreciate you
Cons
£50 charge for cancelling shifts within 48 hours (can be waivered at descretion if genuinely poorly)
Great staff and friendly clients
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset17 August 2018
I started working for Newcross in August 2017. I have found working for Newcross to be the best job I have ever had. The flexibility and friendliness of all of the office staff and other health care assistants has been amazing. You are able to pick and choose the shifts and clients. Communication is vital and I have created a great rapport with the office staff, who will offer me a variety of shifts and will find new establishments for me to work in. A new app has just launched and is really state of the art. You no longer need a paper time sheet and everything is done on your app.
Pros
Free DBS, Uniform, Great Staff
Great flexibilty!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset16 August 2018
Have been working here for 6 months now. The guys in the office are easy to talk to and are understanding of any issues I might have with where they send me.

There's a lot of flexibility working here - I can literally choose when I want to work, which is great considering I study and go on on placements at the moment.
They've brought out a new app too which has made it easier to get paid and sign timesheets
Pros
flexibility
perfect job
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset16 August 2018
Well what can I say - I have been with Newcross since July 2017 I have found my experience with them very pleasant - The office staff are so easy to talk too, Fuzz in the office is great, always helpful (all the office staff are) and makes sure I have plenty of hours for the rest of the month - I have never had so much training within a company - I'm now full-time with Newcross and I don't regret a thing.
Pros
Training and plenty of hours/ free uniform and dbs
I love the team in Bath
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset16 August 2018
I have been working for Newcross for 2 years and cannot recommend them highly enough. The team are friendly and always happy to help.They are really flexible
Pros
Flexibility, Training, Pay
Recruitment process is too long and timewasting!!
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire25 July 2018
Had a interview for the healthcare co ordinator job in worcester. The process took one month in title.
phone interview
one and one interview with branch manager who was nice
Final interview with regional manager who didnt seem keen

After one month recruitment process and getting to know the branch staff. No job.
They need to shorten this and stop wasting peoples time

I wouldn't go thu this again
Pros
Nice staff in branch
Cons
The job is always being advertised? And the recruitment process is too long

Want to know more about Newcross Healthcare Solutions?

Ask a question
Phone Interview
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset19 July 2018
Was contacted today about a role of care assistant in Weston-Super-Mare and I have years of experience, but because I haven't done care in the last 6 months they couldn't continue with the application! Although I have said to her that I have experience even as a Senior Care and as a Field Care Supervisor, Then people ask why there are elderly without any care, maybe you should ask this kind of "recruiters"...
Pros
Cons
So far...everything
Dead End Job - unacheivable bonus - no career progression - rude management
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woking15 July 2018
Where to start!! The ethos in the company is investors in people only they forget to actually invest in those people!! There is a huge lack of training then they terminate you contact for not having the needed contract.

The staff turn over is scary with 5 branch managers in 1 local branch alone that doesnt include health care coordinators ir any other staff for that matter... they continue to take on nursing staff yet do not have the hours to allow half of those staff to fulfill their contracts.

No prais to any of their staff. The managment and coordination is next to zero and the only time the do step in is when the are disciplining or tearing their staff down. Managment are often abrupt and certinly not approachable.

They consistently request that client calls be made forgetting and putting aside all the important things a business needs in order to run. Forcing staff to make sone time 3 and 4 calls a week to clients who do not and will not use their service. Along side making cold calls to clients forcing service visits such a bad attitude!!

They rarely compramise with companies and instead feel everyone should conform to the newcross way and are happy to throw away business because of this attitude.

Their staff are classed as second class citizen's who they would rather get rid of than listen to or fix any problems..... please stay away

more...
Bonuses are paid annually and after tax are not worth the bother. Twice bonuses weren’t paid or weren’t paid correctly.

You will never be treated fairly or as a valued employee, you may think you have a great relationship with your manager, however they are a yes man to senior management and will throw you under the bus at any given opportunity.

Very poor wage for such a varied and heavy workload, no company benefits, no sick pay, no pay rise & no negotiation on pay.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Monday - Friday 9-530
Cons
No training, low wage heavy work, rude management, no progression
Good for part-time work
HCA (Former Employee) –  Colwyn Bay12 July 2018
Good place to work if you have other commitments or need just a couple of hours here and there. If you are going to go into agency work make sure you have a driving licence so that it is easier for you go get to different clients.
join the team easy
Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare11 July 2018
I worked as a healthcare assistant in hospitals residential homes care homes learning disabilities and autism. I am easygoing person and calm I join easy to a team and flexible
Time Wasters
RMN (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester6 July 2018
Messy drawn out recruitment too many people involved phone calls and emails from different people but no one that could do what you wanted. Started process months before moving to prevent hitches when arriving at new location but their own set up was not able to cope with basic moving around the country despite promises you can work anywhere and that geography doesn't matter. Avoid!!!!
Pros
Cons
Time wasters
Some great people, Management are clueless
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom28 June 2018
No day is the same and the branch managers (most of them) mean well and try to provide effective care. Unfortunately for them the senior management team don't actually understand the business.
Pros
Company car, Annual conference
Cons
Lack of understanding of people from Senior management, Terrible pay compared to competitors but more responsibilities, Unreasonable company expectations.
avoid if u value your self worth !
rgn (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 June 2018
hardly any hours to go around , lots of favouritism in branch , staff morale low as constantly having to ring to see if there is any work. they advertise constantly for new staff but treat their old staff with disrespect . as an rgn , the pay was the only good thing , the negatives far out way the positives ! fined £50 if you are off sick without 24 hours notice , branch managers rude .
Pros
pay
Cons
lots !
Newcross are outstanding
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh22 June 2018
In my work career I have worked for a few recruitment consultants, but Newcross were definitely a cut above the rest@ they gave me all the essential t rainning and updated on going areas in which I was maybe less confident! The Staff at the Edinburgh Office were more than helpful.
Pros
Yes, when working at The Church of Scotland lunches were provided
Cons
n/a
Stay away!!
Health care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk19 June 2018

Tbey set unrealistic and unreachable targets that they then get onto staff about for not reaching them and heap on more work ontop of the allready heavy work load. You rarely get your break due to the work load.
Pros
Decent office hours
Cons
No security. Lack of training. Lack of good managmet. Huge staff turnover
Not a good experience
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Truro23 May 2018
Didnt stay long. Not a pleasant company. If your face fits...you are looked after. Pay includes holiday pay, so not a true reflection. Management are unsupportive and brain washed. Glad I got out.
Pros
The app
Cons
Loads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.