Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs!!
HCA (Current Employee) –  South West3 November 2018
Was looking for an agency to join for flexibility around studying, a close friend suggested Newcross however this was the worst decision I have ever made. I joined in april with the idea in mind to do 2-3 nights a week in Learning Disability homes which at first newcross seemed fine with, although later through my employment they expected me to work days, nights, weekends every hour which suited them really.
Shifts would only be offered to me that were in hospitals, schools, nursing homes, every establishment that I had no previous experience in which if I had taken these shifts would put patients at risk.When raising this to newcross, they told me 'think of the money' and 'you need to do these shifts as we need to keep the client happy' which summed newcross up really, more concerned with keeping clients than caring about the staff.

After completing a night shift, I would go home to sleep in the morning which newcross were aware of, I asked on several occasions for newcross not to call me during these hours, however they would ignore this and continue to ring me and when I didn't answer they would leave me horrible threatening voicemail messages, on one occasion swearing at me.

Another thing newcross like to do is fine you £50 for late cancellation of a shift, one time I crashed my car on the way to a shift, sustaining injuries to my spine, I rang newcross to tell them I wouldn't be able to attend, instead going to hospital. They laughed on the phone then told me 'thankyou for loosing us a client' and went onto to charge me £50. I was disgusted.

The whole recruitment
  more... process was a joke, it took them 3 months to actually contact my references, because of a lack of staffing at head office.

When arriving at many clients they would take an instant dislike to you because I work for newcross and they have a bad reputation, making most shifts very difficult.

Newcross sell themselves on 'we pay the most money' which when comparing to other employers they don't, other agencies such as nurseplus and Randstad pay the same for nights and Morrisons pay more at night for a job with less responsibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No compassion, bad management, £50 fine
Loved the variety
HCA (Former Employee) –  Torquay27 October 2018
I loved everything about being employed by a nursing agency. I was offered a huge amount of work throughout my 11 years with them. My preference was always night work. I found night duties gave me more time to spend with each client. I enjoyed mental health establishments and cottage hospital work.
Supportive management
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochdale12 October 2018
I have worked for Newcross for 8 months, within that time period I have worked at various locations, and really enjoyed the work.

Management work hard to find the right work for you, even if this is within a specialist field.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes the travelling
avoid at all costs
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 October 2018
If there was an option to rate as zero stars then i would have done so. Worked with Newcross from 2011 until 2018 and discarded without a second thought, had no support or loyalty, cared more for their contracts rather than the staff. You incur a £50 charge for missed shifts even when this is for a cancer scare, disgusting agency whose only concern is to make money and offer shifts their favourite staff. Please do not go near!
Do not waste time on them.
Newcross Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Newcross Healthcare3 October 2018
Corrupt company to work for, they do not care about anyone but themselves and their numbers.

They are in it for the numbers and the bonus, not the clients or the staff.

Terrible company benefits (non existent) you do not even get sick pay (at a care company) you work for pennies and get nothing in return.

It is a badly run company with no morals and no actual understanding of the care industry.

Staff turn over is absolutely astonishing.
Brilliant team
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cardiff20 September 2018
It's not often you find a brilliant team backing you up that is very helpful to. The Newcross team in Cardiff are all that and tons more. Friendly, helpful,understanding and patient. Always fast to respond to requests and you get the feeling that they are working flat out just for you. I always feel backed up and well supported. Thank you.
Love it!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 September 2018
I have worked with Newcross for 9 months and can honestly say that I absolutely love working for this company. I have developed as an individual, learnt amazing new skills and met some amazing new people along the way. Every day is a different day and it is so exciting to see how much this business has grown and is continuing to grow day by day, week by week. I have always had and continue to have fantastic support from management and colleagues, always being so accommodating and working with me on my strengths and developing my weaknesses. The job gives me the perfect work/life balance I've been looking for. Overall view of Newcross, is that is a friendly, quality company and would highly recommend to anyone!
Best Professional Work / Life Balance Company
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff18 September 2018
Having worked for Cardiff Newcross Healthcare Solutions for the past 16 months, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Newcross is the most accommodating, professional and "committed to it's staff and clients" organisation that I have had the privilege to work for.
The Cardiff Management Team provide professional and dedicated support to the staff, and work relentlessly to grow the business.
They ensure we have access to develop our professional skills sets, with training provided to keep us qualified and incentivized.
They facilitate a holistic networking programme which ensures work is always available.
Every client base that I go to, know that the Cardiff Newcross Healthcare Assistant or Nurse is the best they're going to get in the business, and we are.
Keep it up Cardiff Team you're doing a sterling job !
Pros
Excellent Training, Professional support, Flexiblitliy of work, Options to earn as much or as little as you want
Cons
Pitty I didn't find Newcross sooner
Cardiff Office.
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 September 2018
I have been working for the Cardiff Branch for the last two months. I have found the all the staff in the office always helpful. Shifts are offered to you and if there's a reason you cannot take the shift they understand. If you are thinking about joining the team then please give them ago. They work around you.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cardiff absolutely avoid
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 August 2018
Newcross as a whole is a great company, how ever since the manager took over the Cardiff office it has been a nightmare, fighting for shifts. Lack of people skills, speaks to you like dirt and will refuse to accept people have lives outside of work. Recently I have struggled with personal issues yet they have no empathy and just want you in work. Cancelled all my shifts with no explanation, but it's all down to cancelling a shift due to personal issues. Bullies, constant staff turn around due to manager. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Great care homes.
Cons
Cardiff manager is nothing but a narsasist and bully.
If you like chasing for your wages, go for it.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth29 August 2018
The clients are great, good variety of clients.

Shifts, not so great really, I work part time, and get rota'd in for 6 days of 3 hour shifts.

Management brush you off. Don't care if they put clients at risk by putting in an unsuitable member of staff.
Constantly chasing pay, mileage, hours. Cut your hours in half and take shifts away to suit other members of staff.

Want to have 2 year epilepsy training certificates, which are only valid for one year from all training providers and try to find ways around this. (this likely a higher management problem). Training done through DVD's and a multiple choice questionnaire you can fill in while watching.

Get paid the shortest mileage for shifts, even if routes are unsuitable for driving.

I would personally advise people to not bother applying to work here.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Everything else
Avoid
nurse (Former Employee) –  scotland25 August 2018
All the shifts go to new staff. Longer term staff go without. And they CONSTANTLY interview as part of their PR strategy.

While many of the phone consultants are pleasant, there are numerous incidents of rude, abrasive phone calls and many staff are unhappy about how they are spoken to, but too afraid to speak out.

There is a LOT of pressure out on staff to work, even though these are not your available days.

And not all phone staff are truthful about the agreements to work shifts!

If a problem occurs, management are NOT supportive. Money is the bigger priority and they will sacrafice staff, rather than lose a client. Many staff leave because of this.

Further there sis a £50 charge if you become sick and do not cancel outwith 24 hours notice.

Lastly, training course are constantly cancelled and yet when a course you have NOT put your name to comes up, they will harass you into attending!

Look elsewhere. Not all it seems.
Pros
good salary and hours IF you can get them
Cons
no shifts, favouritsm, poor triaing, sick call charges, no support
I love it!
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire23 August 2018
I can’t speak for all other branches but the Lincoln branch are fab. The staff are just lovely, they don’t take it the wrong way or personally when you take time off or decline shifts (as long as you’re communicating with them well) they will take time to get to know where you’re happy & when you like to work etc. I recently took time off to train for a new second job for about 5 weeks I used to do 3 nights a week with newcross I now do 1 night a week & I picked up the phone told them I’m back and that I only need 1 night and it’s as if I was never gone I wasn’t ignored there’s no pettiness the staff are so friendly and professional :)
Pros
Mileage paid, enhancements for nights/weekends, weekly pay, flexibility, lovely office staff that really appreciate you
Cons
£50 charge for cancelling shifts within 48 hours (can be waivered at descretion if genuinely poorly)
Great staff and friendly clients
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset17 August 2018
I started working for Newcross in August 2017. I have found working for Newcross to be the best job I have ever had. The flexibility and friendliness of all of the office staff and other health care assistants has been amazing. You are able to pick and choose the shifts and clients. Communication is vital and I have created a great rapport with the office staff, who will offer me a variety of shifts and will find new establishments for me to work in. A new app has just launched and is really state of the art. You no longer need a paper time sheet and everything is done on your app.
Pros
Free DBS, Uniform, Great Staff
Great flexibilty!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset16 August 2018
Have been working here for 6 months now. The guys in the office are easy to talk to and are understanding of any issues I might have with where they send me.

There's a lot of flexibility working here - I can literally choose when I want to work, which is great considering I study and go on on placements at the moment.
They've brought out a new app too which has made it easier to get paid and sign timesheets
Pros
flexibility
perfect job
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset16 August 2018
Well what can I say - I have been with Newcross since July 2017 I have found my experience with them very pleasant - The office staff are so easy to talk too, Fuzz in the office is great, always helpful (all the office staff are) and makes sure I have plenty of hours for the rest of the month - I have never had so much training within a company - I'm now full-time with Newcross and I don't regret a thing.
Pros
Training and plenty of hours/ free uniform and dbs
I love the team in Bath
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset16 August 2018
I have been working for Newcross for 2 years and cannot recommend them highly enough. The team are friendly and always happy to help.They are really flexible
Pros
Flexibility, Training, Pay
Nice company to work with
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham28 July 2018
This company is nice to work with. management was amazing at communicating with you and staff are lovely,
I didn't get many shifts in the area I wanted to work and due to not driving I found it difficult to travel and cost would be very expensive for me, so I decided to leave and look for something that is ideal for me.
I loved working for the company I met so many lovely people and I gained lots of agency experience.
Pros
Cons
too far
Recruitment process is too long and timewasting!!
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire25 July 2018
Had a interview for the healthcare co ordinator job in worcester. The process took one month in title.
phone interview
one and one interview with branch manager who was nice
Final interview with regional manager who didnt seem keen

After one month recruitment process and getting to know the branch staff. No job.
They need to shorten this and stop wasting peoples time

I wouldn't go thu this again
Pros
Nice staff in branch
Cons
The job is always being advertised? And the recruitment process is too long
Phone Interview
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset19 July 2018
Was contacted today about a role of care assistant in Weston-Super-Mare and I have years of experience, but because I haven't done care in the last 6 months they couldn't continue with the application! Although I have said to her that I have experience even as a Senior Care and as a Field Care Supervisor, Then people ask why there are elderly without any care, maybe you should ask this kind of "recruiters"...
Pros
Cons
So far...everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.