Play YouTube video button

Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom321 reviews
Featured review
Newcross Healthcare Solutions selected this as a representative review
I would never want to work anywhere else
I am currently in my 3rd month at Newcross Healthcare and I cannot ever see me leaving. I love the job, top notch training and I have been given everything I need to be successful in this role.

My Branch Manager is very knowledgeable, fair, efficient and will give genuinely support you and train you to massively outperform in this role. Well paid, well supported and happy.

Newcoss are quality throughout.
3 March 2020
Thank you for such a glowing review - we're happy to have you on board as part of the team! We wish you a long and fulfilling career with us at Newcross.
Rgn
New cross are a very professional company. They always had plenty of shifts available to fit around my home life. They also had plenty of training courses available regularly throughout the year.
Excellent
Very supportive and they really care about their staff. Good learning tools and regular in house training. They are always on the other end of the phone if you need them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not always shifts
Great team
Love working for newcross, especially the Bath team. They are always at the end of the phone, they offer great on line training. Great place to work if you need to find that work life balance.
Good branch manager
Good manager in Aberdeen, collaborative and always accessible and helpful. Proactive and complimentary of his staff. Good working relationships with clients ensured that we always had assignments.
Unprofessional.
No one knows what they are doing! The office is not organised and with ltd staff, very unprofessional.
Hours are very few and far between and there is no consistency!

Some months I'd be on No hours at all!
12 May 2020
I'm sorry your experience of Newcross doesn't measure up to that of others across our organisation. We'd like to investigate this further. Would you please outline your issues in detail and we can try and resolve any problems you're having? Please get in touch at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
Fantastic employers
Fantastic employers to work for easy to use app that allows you to work when your available management support was there when you needed it they answer your call back if you leave a message always friendly towards staff
12 May 2020
Thank you so much for such a fantastic review. We're glad you're enjoying your time at Newcross. We're glad to have you as part of our talented team!
Amazing team
At newcross you are part if a team that you can be proud of. They ensure all staff are highly trained and keep up to date with new policies and procedures.
Newcross support staff when falling on difficult times, giving guidance and support.

I cannot recommend this agency highly enough.

Apply and join us.
12 May 2020
Thank you very much for your kind feedback, we really appreciate hearing from our staff. We wish you a long and fulfilling career with us at Newcross.
Newcross
The beauty of working for Newcross is the ability to work flexibly in the types of settings that you would choose for your own family! Newcross supports your current skills while providing opportunities to develop and train further in the areas of your own specialism. Despite the difficult situation we are currently in, Newcross are proactive in ensuring guidance. supportdssafetysafetyadvic
12 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we really appreciate hearing from our employees. We're glad to hear you're enjoying our culture of flexibility and career development! We wish you a long and happy career with us at Newcross.
briliant place to work
working when you want. choosing own places to work. good management. very helpful. good help line even during the night. good rate. fully recommended.
12 May 2020
Thank you for reaching out. We're happy to hear our ethos of flexible working suits you and that you're enjoying your time with us. We hope to work alongside you for many years to come.
Lovely company
From day one the office staff have been nothing but supportive and helpful. Just call them if you have any questions and they do whatever they can to help. If you are off work poorly they only call you to check you are ok, not to harass about work. Never had any issues, lovely staff always on the other end of the phone or in office if you want to pop in for a chat whether its work related or personal.
12 May 2020
We're so glad to hear you feel supported in your role. We're happy to have you as part of our talented team. We wish you a long and fulfilling career with us at Newcross!
Excellent Company For Healthcare Staff
Newcross are an excellent company to work for if you are a carer, support worker or nurse. This is not the case if you are office staff. There is little training or support other than via online learning. The work life balance is totally disproportionate and director expectations are totally unrealistic.Office staff attrition rates entirely reflect this. Unfortunately as with many large companies in the care sector profit comes before people.
12 May 2020
We're sorry to hear your experience of Newcross does not match up to the majority of people who work alongside us. We'd like to investigate further. Could you outline the issues you've had in an email to communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
Awesome company
I've worked at Newcross nearly 2 years under establishment and Complex care. I can't fault them. The office staff are great and communicate well. Pay is good and you can work or not work when you want. You can choose your shifts via the app, so can choose where you go. All in all good company.
Pros
Flexibility, good pay, friendly and professional management
Cons
Not guaranteed hours
12 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we really appreciate it. We're happy to hear our flexible working ethos suits you and hope you remain with us as a member of our dedicated team for a long time to come.
Very good
Lovely company offering a excellent service I found the hours very good the company are very well structured the training is excellent and the staff are very friendly
12 May 2020
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We're glad to have you as part of our talented team!
Cliquey and stressful
I did a stint at this little office, informal training (didn't know what I was doing with the systems or info for carers on phone calls).

Cliquey little office of 6 people in total- the manager was out half the week meeting clients, her deputy was only there 2 days. Two others were nice, but the other one was a nasty and two-faced beep who was irritated when asked to help you.

The systems were complex, bookings in/out etc and fast-paced- best thing is to seek refuge in the upstairs kitchen by offering to make tea/coffee!
Pros
Monday - Friday
Cons
small, cliquey office, boring, little real training
12 May 2020
We're sorry to hear you seem to have had a very different experience of Newcross compared to the majority of our staff. Would you be willing to discuss this further? Please email us at communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
Worked almost 14years
Worked almost 14 years with Newcross, with a six month break 3years ago. Used to be a very supportive and friendly team. This is no longer the case, do not give people credit for good practice and very unsupportive when things go wrong, It s a very face fit culture, also ageist, they are not keen on older workers
12 May 2020
We're extremely sorry to hear your career with us ended in a less positive way compared to the rest of the time you spent with us. We take this very seriously as we very much value our staff - especially our long serving members. Could you get in touch so we can try and resolve your issues? Please outline your experience in more detail in an email to communications@newcrosshealthcare.com
False advertising
At first things were great, shifts were rolling in. Don't be fooled by the attractive hourly rate, that rate includes you're holiday pay which you would have to put aside if you wanted a paid holiday. Don't get too comfortable in a nice place you work regularly because as soon as they take on new employees
they also send them there and your hours reduce. Can't get any shifts now...
Awful
Terrible company in every way, expect you to be at their beck and call 24/7 and don't offer the jobs they say they have. Woeful on every level, in communication with you only in contact with you when they want you to commit to training you pay for or when they have a shift at the drop off a hat.
Overall good company to work for
You need to gain thrust from Newcross management and clients, then you don't
need to worry about shifts. I'm with newcross nearly 2 years and I always have at least 4 shifts a week.
Fantastic
I absolutely love working for this company and i have recommended for to my friends who also love working for this company the management are absolutely brilliant
Pros
paid expenses
Canterbury office
Worked nearly 30 hours in a week over 3 weeks ago paid weekly yet still waiting for my pay. Details of the shifts and that they were accepted are on the app and should have been recorded and confirmed by the homes I worked at.
Also advertised jobs in Canterbury and faversham but mainly jobs for ct10.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9