Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Totnes, Devon5 January 2018
A great work/life balance and a lovely team.

Fast growing and fast paced within the office side of things. It's a company that is currently going through a great deal of change in order to expand further across the UK.
Pros
Cons
Growing too quickly
Writers Beware this company will fire you without warning!!!
Former Content Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 December 2017
Totally incompetent management at all levels. Management does not stick to procedures and seem happy with firing staff with no warning or no reason given. Vast majority of managers have no idea what they're doing and without a certain individual at a lower level being on top of things it is a miracle anything gets done at all. Terrible compensation and benefits offered to office staff (in short there aren't any).

If you're a writer avoid this company. They will use you and fire you without warning or reason.
Cons
Less rewarding than when I joined
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross17 November 2017
Work is less available locally, there is no branch manager or in house training offered in my branch now, which means we must travel 25 or 40 miles to attend training at other branches.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor communication, not enough shifts at times
Genuinely caring Healthcare company
Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Shropshire13 November 2017
Really good company to work for, founded over twenty one years ago, original founders still leading the business and very hands on. Definitely not an ‘agency ‘ Newcross genuinely care about their healthcare staff and their clients.

For office staff, it’s an exciting & dynamic place to work, and no two days are the same. There are the usual challenges that comes with any job, but you get lots of support and there is always someone on hand for advice, you really feel that you are part of a team.

There are targets to achieve, but everyone knows what they are, the goal posts don’t get moved, as happens in other companies I have worked in, and the bonus scheme is open and transparent.
Plenty of good healthy inter-branch competition, staff are dedicated and committed but they all have a good sense of fun and don’t take themselves too seriously.
Pros
Transparent and open bonus & rewards scheme
Cons
None at the moment
Great place to work and be recognised
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North West13 November 2017
Having spent a number of months looking for a new company to work for I am delighted I chose Newcross. This company oozes values, and ensures that all processes are adhered to.

They are thorough in their recruitment process for office staff and staff in care homes, and they provide excellent training.

There is no lack of support across the business.
Pros
Work life balance work 9-5.30 Mon to Fri!
Cons
Targeted environment for office staff
various work places
HCA/Support worker (Former Employee) –  Canterbury11 November 2017
Typical day will be a different experience .
I leant how to work in different environment.
Some work places were very casual.
The hardest part will be to deal with different environment and people.
Terrible regional management
HCC (Current Employee) –  North East9 November 2017
The branch managers are usually ok but the pressure they get from the regional manager is horrible. This is passed onto the rest of the office and does not make a nice environment to work. it wasn't like this before the regional started. loads of managers have left because she is a nightmare to deal with but for some reason the senior management don't seem to do anything. nobody feels safe in their job anymore because of the blame culture. good is never good enough
Pros
no on call
Cons
regional manager
Always meets my working hours
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Yeovil4 November 2017
Nice working environment, very supportive. Provide great training opportunities. Always looking to improve and provide quality care to its clients. They work alongside their employees, always feel like you're able to express and talk to management
I wouldn't bother!
Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker (Former Employee) –  chester and colwyn bay offices.29 October 2017
All I can say is that I wasted two and a half years working for these, completely unsupported when a false allegation came in ( I was cleared because the accusers couldn't get their stories right) but after the incident I lost my confidence to continue doing care work. Was a bum deal at the time but ultimately among the best things that could have happened, I'm out of there!
Pros
Money, You get to see some really decent homes with decent staff
Cons
Some terrible homes with horrible ungrateful staff, travel can be tiring, Shifts can be very slow coming through.
Professional
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham24 October 2017
Newcross is very professional company, very supporting to you as an employee, Managers and office staff go out of there way to make job enjoyable. Really good company to work for 24/7 support.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Location of shifts
Ive worked here for 10 mths
HCA (Current Employee) –  North Wales9 October 2017
I have to say working for Newcross is brilliant and flexible.Staff and management have been great,very helpful.Great Company to work for and choosing your hours to fit around family life is ideal.Met and cared for some wonderful people
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Wonderful team, great working environment
Admin Temp (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 September 2017
I worked in the marketing department at Newcross Healthcare for 1 week. I really enjoyed my time here; the dynamic team are warm and welcoming with a great sense of humor.
Pros
Fabulous team of positive people.
great for flexibility
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fife, dundee, stirling.26 September 2017
Newcross is a great company to work for as a carer or nurse, provide excellent rates of pay and dedicated support. The company is dedicated to its employees, but work may not always be local so a car is really needed.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
may have to travel alot for work
Potential to improve on skills.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall23 September 2017
Lots of shifts available if willing to travel but mileage is only paid up to a certain amount of miles.
You can choose where and when you want to work though.
Pros
Good weekend rates.
Cons
Charge £50 if cancel a shift within 24hrs.
promise thats all they can offer and never keep it
worker (Former Employee) –  swasnea9 September 2017
had some hours in the beginning than nothing
manager never replies to anyone- i spoke with others to confirm
office staff quite rude most times
scoring you down when you refuse shifts, even with stupid hours like two hour shifts
Outstanding
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 August 2017
The management of Newcross Healthcare Solutions was outstanding. I cannot fault the company in any aspect other than the hours per week. Due to being a non-driver it was difficult to find a consistency within my shifts. One week I could do three shifts, and the next do none at all. Other than this the company is very close to perfect and I am privileged to have worked for them.
Pros
Trutworthy managemnet
Cons
No consistency in shifts
a lot of effort for no reward
Bank Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Colwyn Bay9 August 2017
I joined at the beginning of 2017. Just left. In 6 months of enployment, i goypt less than 40 hours of work. Paid for a uniform. Paid for a DBS check.
Paid for training. But the quality of the training wasn't great.
I was based in North Wales, and for it to really work it can best work for someone who's based in a city where's there is plenty of opportunity.
When I signed my contract, it said quite clearly I would be guaranteed 6 hours of work a week.
Never happened.
Cons
Poor training, no houurs
Excellent reward and recognition for hard work from their nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southampton/Chichester28 July 2017
The company is well organised and supportive to it's staff.
I am often assigned shifts to establishments where I have not worked before, which could be daunting if I were fully prepared and competent. Training given by the company is excellent.
The hardest aspect of the job is to quickly absorb and understand the working practices of a given establishment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to successfully slot into a nursing team and be effective with my duties. The company recognises it's staff's hard work and rewards them accordingly.
Pros
General benefits
Cons
No cons.
Brilliant company
Paediatric healthcare support worker (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex27 July 2017
I absolutely love working for Newcross. I can put my family first and choose shifts which for in around my daughter. I also particularly like the contact between my manager and the staff in chichester office. They are always helpful and don't bombard you with phonecalls regarding shifts.

I am now working for the complex care team also and have learnt many new things and really enjoying working with young adults and using my new skills.
Pros
Milage
Cons
Sometimes not the days i am available
Good company
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex27 July 2017
Great company to work for , great flexibility and good pay rates.Management and colleagues are extremely supportive in all aspects of the job.Great 24 hr.support network.The company bonus sheme is good and they reward people so if you're willing to put in the hard work,there are rewards for it.The office is very friendly and I enjoy working in the team.
Pros
Good pay, friendly management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8