Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

A scam pretty much
Inteviewed (Former Employee) –  Somerset15 January 2019
Your holiday is included in your pay, they advertise what they pay, they say (including holiday pay) next to it, so you can easily misinterpret them, so when you get holiday you don't get paid and it looks like you're getting a much higher wage then you are. They will lie to you, they will tell you they pay for training and then charge you for it and not send you the certificates, they will tell you you can choose your hours, then you'll find out you have to give them six weeks notice if you want to go on holiday, (I was interviewing for complex care) they will charge you for a visit if you can not go, you will be fined by this company, they are a truly disgusting company and if you have any sense at all you will stay far far away, I wish I had.
Pros
Couldn't find any
Cons
Liars, misleading, runs like a scam, don't believe me, just read some of the 5 star reviews!
Worst agency ever
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall13 January 2019
All was well for the first 3 months, then shifts started dying out to the point where my availability was having to be up for 7 days straight day's, which wasn't how it was sold to me in induction, work when you want.
Then because I refused to travel 66mile each way trip for a 12 hour night shift in the height of a storm on a Friday night, I was told i would be reported to the manager for this refusal, and then he took my availability completely off for the rest of the week just because I said no to that particular shift, which meant I didn't earn a single penny that week, not that they care!
I would have worked that night had the destination been closer to home but apparently that wasn't good enough. I had never refused a shift before that day, I never did hear from the manager but I did think the way it was handled was very poor, and the punishment of no work that week was unjustified. I don't think I was being unreasonable, but the reality of this meant I was no longer contacted unless it was at last minute.
I was also 'promised' Xmas shift if I fulfilled last minute cancelled shifts (almost in a blackmailing way) when I wasn't available I'd be talked round with assurances I'd get a 'good shift' come Xmas day, that didn't happen!
Not the company they proclaim to be. Avoid

Best thing was leaving!
Pros
Blank
Cons
See above
Bullied and noone cared no compassion at all,poor clients suffering from backlash
complex pediatric home care and managment (Current Employee) –  Hampshire6 January 2019
The only thing that is good about newcross is their clients.The most senior management find it acceptable for bullying in the work place.tThe only care that this company provides is to the management that hit the best targets.....I worry for the future of their clients
Pros
Clients
Cons
There is no enough room here
NO WORK, Favourtisim
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon30 December 2018
No work, The office staff only gives the work to their favourite members of staff, If your a new member no work at all and office staff just keeps lying to you. The new app is awful as you are guaranteed no work with this device as the office staff rings their favourite carers first to see if they want the shifts then put on the apps.horrible company to work for they charge £50 if you go off sick, i am full time hours but getting hours for a part timer, well at least the owners are making millions
Pros
still trying to think of one
Cons
Newcross
no shifts
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 December 2018
Joined in september, waited for a few weeks for my dbs to come back, got told as soon as it was back, id have plenty of shifts in the areas i told them i could cover....
Told them at interview, im a non driver, and gave them my availability ie;days and hours i could work, mainly 8-5pm, was told thats not going to be a problem....now the shifts i have been offered are like 20 miles away, early starts ie;7am, and the rest are 8-8pm shifts,no local shifts available like they advertised at all, every time i ring them,they tell me theres nothing for me that particular week, even put my availabilty on the app but never get any shifts, yet they are still advertising for staff all the time, saying they cover local areas, sick of ringing them now tbh going to look elsewhere, think like a lot of people have told me, they just want to look as though they have a lot of staff on their books....not good practice is it when they cant even give you a head start on at least a couple of shifts to start you off with...deffo going to register elsewhere.
Pros
non as yet
Cons
no local shifts allocated as advertised, only 12 hr shifts miles away even when you have told them your specifications
Glasgow is an awful branch
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 December 2018
I’ve worked for a few branches that are great but this branch seem to think they can bully and manipulate staff into working when they want and where. The attitude of management seems to be if you don’t do last minute shifts then you don’t get any as they are in control of the app. I am a very good worker and my appraisal s have always been excellent so when I joined this branch I was totally shocked in the difference on how I and others were treated. I had serious concerns about a particular home and was told to bring them up with the home manager the next time I was there, the same concerns that other staff also had for years?!? Why have NX not sorted these issues out. Glasgow branch did NOT ask what my concerns were! Also I asked to be excluded from another home and was told that if they excluded me then I owe them a favour!! How unprofessional is that, I had good reason to ask to be excluded. I worked for NX for many years but could only put up with Glasgow for a few months as I had very little work after raising issues with them. This I believe was done on purpose so I left. Agency work is supposed to give you flexibility and control over your working life.... NOT with Glasgow Newcross
Pros
Cons
Dictorial attitude and no shifts
Awful
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth19 November 2018
Unsupportive management. They lie to cover their own backs. Don’t give correct information about clients. Communication is very poor. Don’t supply you with training certificates unless you have paid for it out of your own pocket (you don’t get paid for attending training). Have to chase wages & milage allowances. Milage is capped at 20miles for some clients which they fail to mention and some clients you don’t get paid milage at all but they will tell you that it is included in the hourly pay. Holiday pay is incorporated into your hourly pay, therefore if you take a weeks holiday, you won’t have any wages for that week. They don’t pay for shadow shifts. Don’t get paid for last minute cancelled shifts & are unable to cover the shift at the last minute resulting in a loss of wages and to top of all of that, if you pull out of a shift with in 24hrs, regardless of the circumstances, they will charge you £50. Although the hourly rate may be better than most, the deductions means you end up working for a much lower hourly rate. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
No shifts at all
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath19 November 2018
No shifts for older staff !! but they still looking for new people to work ?? NewCross tell me how is it possible??? ??????????????????????????????????
Pros
Rate of paye
Cons
No shifts
The people you work with make it bearable
Healthcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Central Support, Bristol19 November 2018
You can expect to work a rotation based work life that will consist of primarily 8 hour shifts. There will be a week where you will work 12 hour shifts but you will have 4 days off after this (if they haven't changed it, which they often do!)

Your primary tasks are split dependent on the team that you work for; inbound calls only or 'bookers'

Inbound - I would often take in access of 100 calls a day, ranging from clients requesting agency care / nursing staff to Newcross staff requesting shifts and answering queries. The major irritation (which they are currently working to address) is the speed of the current system, which had it's origins in Explorer and switching between some screens can take an age, making it more difficult to do your job. In your first 4 weeks I wouldn't worry about the speed at which you process each task as Sarah and co are looking for consistency over volume. Don't be afraid to ask questions of those around you.

'Bookers' Outbound - Your task is first and foremost to try and cover as many hours as possible to line the pockets of the senior management team, whilst not getting a bonus yourself because they place targets in front of you that are not achievable, unless you're scrupulous enough to want to tread on others toes (be it your own team of those in the 60+ branches) If you're willing to take covered hours and potential bonus from other staff then you will do well in this team. That is of course unless it's the height of summer, where there are rich pickings across the business.

Expect to work either Christmas or New year period as a
  more... full time team member.

The people you work along side and the reasonable pay are the only real reason to be there. They will advertise that you will earn £21000 plus 3k+ bonus but this is of course depending on the hourly rate of which you work so it will be more inline to £18500 and a bonus, only if you have friends in branch or are willing to con others out of theirs

*I cannot comment on the targets and hours worked if you're applying for the P/T position.
Pros
4 days off when your rota falls on the 12hr shifts
Cons
Lack of communication from senior management
Avoid at all costs!!
HCA (Current Employee) –  South West3 November 2018
Was looking for an agency to join for flexibility around studying, a close friend suggested Newcross however this was the worst decision I have ever made. I joined in april with the idea in mind to do 2-3 nights a week in Learning Disability homes which at first newcross seemed fine with, although later through my employment they expected me to work days, nights, weekends every hour which suited them really.
Shifts would only be offered to me that were in hospitals, schools, nursing homes, every establishment that I had no previous experience in which if I had taken these shifts would put patients at risk.When raising this to newcross, they told me 'think of the money' and 'you need to do these shifts as we need to keep the client happy' which summed newcross up really, more concerned with keeping clients than caring about the staff.

After completing a night shift, I would go home to sleep in the morning which newcross were aware of, I asked on several occasions for newcross not to call me during these hours, however they would ignore this and continue to ring me and when I didn't answer they would leave me horrible threatening voicemail messages, on one occasion swearing at me.

Another thing newcross like to do is fine you £50 for late cancellation of a shift, one time I crashed my car on the way to a shift, sustaining injuries to my spine, I rang newcross to tell them I wouldn't be able to attend, instead going to hospital. They laughed on the phone then told me 'thankyou for loosing us a client' and went onto to charge me £50. I was disgusted.

The whole recruitment
  more... process was a joke, it took them 3 months to actually contact my references, because of a lack of staffing at head office.

When arriving at many clients they would take an instant dislike to you because I work for newcross and they have a bad reputation, making most shifts very difficult.

Newcross sell themselves on 'we pay the most money' which when comparing to other employers they don't, other agencies such as nurseplus and Randstad pay the same for nights and Morrisons pay more at night for a job with less responsibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No compassion, bad management, £50 fine
Recommended and Caring Employer
Bank Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee29 October 2018
Consistent routine providing the client with a rounded caring experience. Reliable, supportive management and staff make the job an enjoyable experience.
Loved the variety
HCA (Former Employee) –  Torquay27 October 2018
I loved everything about being employed by a nursing agency. I was offered a huge amount of work throughout my 11 years with them. My preference was always night work. I found night duties gave me more time to spend with each client. I enjoyed mental health establishments and cottage hospital work.
Supportive management
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochdale12 October 2018
I have worked for Newcross for 8 months, within that time period I have worked at various locations, and really enjoyed the work.

Management work hard to find the right work for you, even if this is within a specialist field.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes the travelling
avoid at all costs
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 October 2018
If there was an option to rate as zero stars then i would have done so. Worked with Newcross from 2011 until 2018 and discarded without a second thought, had no support or loyalty, cared more for their contracts rather than the staff. You incur a £50 charge for missed shifts even when this is for a cancer scare, disgusting agency whose only concern is to make money and offer shifts their favourite staff. Please do not go near!
Do not waste time on them.
Newcross Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Newcross Healthcare3 October 2018
Corrupt company to work for, they do not care about anyone but themselves and their numbers.

They are in it for the numbers and the bonus, not the clients or the staff.

Terrible company benefits (non existent) you do not even get sick pay (at a care company) you work for pennies and get nothing in return.

It is a badly run company with no morals and no actual understanding of the care industry.

Staff turn over is absolutely astonishing.
Brilliant team
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cardiff20 September 2018
It's not often you find a brilliant team backing you up that is very helpful to. The Newcross team in Cardiff are all that and tons more. Friendly, helpful,understanding and patient. Always fast to respond to requests and you get the feeling that they are working flat out just for you. I always feel backed up and well supported. Thank you.
Love it!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 September 2018
I have worked with Newcross for 9 months and can honestly say that I absolutely love working for this company. I have developed as an individual, learnt amazing new skills and met some amazing new people along the way. Every day is a different day and it is so exciting to see how much this business has grown and is continuing to grow day by day, week by week. I have always had and continue to have fantastic support from management and colleagues, always being so accommodating and working with me on my strengths and developing my weaknesses. The job gives me the perfect work/life balance I've been looking for. Overall view of Newcross, is that is a friendly, quality company and would highly recommend to anyone!
Best Professional Work / Life Balance Company
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff18 September 2018
Having worked for Cardiff Newcross Healthcare Solutions for the past 16 months, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Newcross is the most accommodating, professional and "committed to it's staff and clients" organisation that I have had the privilege to work for.
The Cardiff Management Team provide professional and dedicated support to the staff, and work relentlessly to grow the business.
They ensure we have access to develop our professional skills sets, with training provided to keep us qualified and incentivized.
They facilitate a holistic networking programme which ensures work is always available.
Every client base that I go to, know that the Cardiff Newcross Healthcare Assistant or Nurse is the best they're going to get in the business, and we are.
Keep it up Cardiff Team you're doing a sterling job !
Pros
Excellent Training, Professional support, Flexiblitliy of work, Options to earn as much or as little as you want
Cons
Pitty I didn't find Newcross sooner
Cardiff Office.
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 September 2018
I have been working for the Cardiff Branch for the last two months. I have found the all the staff in the office always helpful. Shifts are offered to you and if there's a reason you cannot take the shift they understand. If you are thinking about joining the team then please give them ago. They work around you.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cardiff absolutely avoid
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 August 2018
Newcross as a whole is a great company, how ever since the manager took over the Cardiff office it has been a nightmare, fighting for shifts. Lack of people skills, speaks to you like dirt and will refuse to accept people have lives outside of work. Recently I have struggled with personal issues yet they have no empathy and just want you in work. Cancelled all my shifts with no explanation, but it's all down to cancelling a shift due to personal issues. Bullies, constant staff turn around due to manager. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Great care homes.
Cons
Cardiff manager is nothing but a narsasist and bully.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.