Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Very bad experience
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 March 2018
Worked for Newcross healthcare for more than two years. They will suck your joy and make you miserable at every opportunity. Plus, they take 50 pounds from your wage if you are sick and can´t attend? Avoid this company.
Stay away
Carer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon20 March 2018
Totally unorganised, my rota got changed all the time. They expect you to change everything for you, but if you need to cancel a shift they fine you £50!!!

They are all about the money they make, no interest in looking after us or even the families.

They owned me money when i had to do an extra hour unexpectedly, i gave up chasing it in the end.

Just stay away!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Poorly organised company
RGN (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 February 2018
Most of the employees in the offices are frustrated and lack communication skills. Quite rude and very aggressive with the shifts. Work is poor and far from where everyone lives. They keep on employing loads of people and they treat the current ones like sack of potatoes... Sadly, this is the truth. The pay might be better compared to other agencies, but the way most of them treat their RGNs and HCAs is awful.
Pros
Maybe the pay, but even that is not the greatest ever.
Cons
Not too many shifts, rude office staff, no understanding, long distances to shifts, etc.
Fun workplace
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol18 February 2018
Good company to work for. Benefits to grow higher up in the business. Good motivation to drive forward with incentives and commission. Teams are thriving to achieve.
Good pay but THAT'S ALL
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon7 February 2018
I worked for this Agency for about 2 years in Plymouth. I stayed there just because it was something I was doing on the side of my studies. As with all agencies I had flexible hours which was good and the pay was normally better than other agencies.
HOWEVER, the management was really just in for the money. The team changed 3 times including the Manager over the last year and a half.
Just when you get to start working with them is very expensive as you have to pay for your uniform and your DBS. While you're working you get to earn points based on the hours you do and you can buy a second uniform with those points but this can take forever so you'll have to just buy a second uniform yourself.
There is a £50 fine if you don't manage to cover a shift and if you didn't let them know 24h before. BUT if it's they're fault your shift was cancelled and you get to the care home and you're sent back home, they DON'T pay you for the hour you just lost.
They can be pushy with the shifts although you give clear reasons why you're not going to a certain place (e.g location too far; no transport).
Pros
good pay
Cons
expensive, poor management, £50 fine, irresponsible, pushy
Worst Agency Ever
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading branch31 January 2018
There was never a typical day

The training was adequate to perform the job but it was very expensive. Experience of working in the Healthcare sector was the key factor

Branch management inadequate, uninterested unresponsive unresolved issues raised. lack of communication and support
Refuse to resolve concerns and issues and failed to respond to emails regarding issues and complaints

Work place culture 80% immigrant

Hardest part of the job lack of support and information together with poor handovers by permanent staff. This mainly. happened at poorly managed and inadequate staffing level locations I was booked at by the Reading branch

Most enjoyable working with very professional carers and nurses and meeting some amazing people in the elderly and learning disability communities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
£50 cancellation fee, no mileage and expenses reimbursement not enough local bookings
Love this company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire30 January 2018
Very good company to work for...had no issues in the last year I've worked for them.would fully recommend.
The one and only downside would be you have to post your time sheets or drop them by the office but thay are working on getting them scanned in the future.
Pros
Helpful staff.very good hourly rate.
Cons
Timesheets
Good
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 January 2018
Great company but we got quite period. For example this time of the year. You not feel secure. When you work for agency, best way to have at least to jobs, so you can catch shifts.
When you work for an agency you choose when you want to wait which is good
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton Hampshire19 January 2018
Working for newcross I enjoyed my time working with them I stopped working for them for personal reasons and family I can recommend anybody to them .very good.
Pros
Depending on where you were sent you could get free lunch
Cons
You choose when you want to work
Best company
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro17 January 2018
I work for Newcross and have for 4 years I was worried to take the jump to agency but it's the best move iv made . I signed up to two other agencies and the other two are rubbish . With Newcross the office staff are lovely they always make you feel like part of a big family . The hca's are the best all have each other's backs . Pay is good you work when you want . If you don't like a place you don't have to go there again . Weekly pay . They pay you mileage and even claim the rest from the government back for you so saves us doing it . I don't have a bad thing to say about them
Unreliable work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall15 January 2018
Unreliable work, not enough shifts available, new employees prioritised therefor older employees without work. Great for work/life balance as can pick and choose when to work.
Growing Company
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Totnes, Devon5 January 2018
A great work/life balance and a lovely team.

Fast growing and fast paced within the office side of things. It's a company that is currently going through a great deal of change in order to expand further across the UK.
Pros
Cons
Growing too quickly
Writers Beware this company will fire you without warning!!!
Former Content Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 December 2017
Totally incompetent management at all levels. Management does not stick to procedures and seem happy with firing staff with no warning or no reason given. Vast majority of managers have no idea what they're doing and without a certain individual at a lower level being on top of things it is a miracle anything gets done at all. Terrible compensation and benefits offered to office staff (in short there aren't any).

If you're a writer avoid this company. They will use you and fire you without warning or reason.
Cons
Less rewarding than when I joined
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross17 November 2017
Work is less available locally, there is no branch manager or in house training offered in my branch now, which means we must travel 25 or 40 miles to attend training at other branches.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor communication, not enough shifts at times
Genuinely caring Healthcare company
Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Shropshire13 November 2017
Really good company to work for, founded over twenty one years ago, original founders still leading the business and very hands on. Definitely not an ‘agency ‘ Newcross genuinely care about their healthcare staff and their clients.

For office staff, it’s an exciting & dynamic place to work, and no two days are the same. There are the usual challenges that comes with any job, but you get lots of support and there is always someone on hand for advice, you really feel that you are part of a team.

There are targets to achieve, but everyone knows what they are, the goal posts don’t get moved, as happens in other companies I have worked in, and the bonus scheme is open and transparent.
Plenty of good healthy inter-branch competition, staff are dedicated and committed but they all have a good sense of fun and don’t take themselves too seriously.
Pros
Transparent and open bonus & rewards scheme
Cons
None at the moment
Great place to work and be recognised
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North West13 November 2017
Having spent a number of months looking for a new company to work for I am delighted I chose Newcross. This company oozes values, and ensures that all processes are adhered to.

They are thorough in their recruitment process for office staff and staff in care homes, and they provide excellent training.

There is no lack of support across the business.
Pros
Work life balance work 9-5.30 Mon to Fri!
Cons
Targeted environment for office staff
various work places
HCA/Support worker (Former Employee) –  Canterbury11 November 2017
Typical day will be a different experience .
I leant how to work in different environment.
Some work places were very casual.
The hardest part will be to deal with different environment and people.
Terrible regional management
HCC (Current Employee) –  North East9 November 2017
The branch managers are usually ok but the pressure they get from the regional manager is horrible. This is passed onto the rest of the office and does not make a nice environment to work. it wasn't like this before the regional started. loads of managers have left because she is a nightmare to deal with but for some reason the senior management don't seem to do anything. nobody feels safe in their job anymore because of the blame culture. good is never good enough
Pros
no on call
Cons
regional manager
Always meets my working hours
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Yeovil4 November 2017
Nice working environment, very supportive. Provide great training opportunities. Always looking to improve and provide quality care to its clients. They work alongside their employees, always feel like you're able to express and talk to management
I wouldn't bother!
Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker (Former Employee) –  chester and colwyn bay offices.29 October 2017
All I can say is that I wasted two and a half years working for these, completely unsupported when a false allegation came in ( I was cleared because the accusers couldn't get their stories right) but after the incident I lost my confidence to continue doing care work. Was a bum deal at the time but ultimately among the best things that could have happened, I'm out of there!
Pros
Money, You get to see some really decent homes with decent staff
Cons
Some terrible homes with horrible ungrateful staff, travel can be tiring, Shifts can be very slow coming through.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.