Newcastle upon Tyne Council Employee Reviews

Groundworker
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 February 2018
General labour/groundwork duties all over Newcastle city centre day to day jobs fixing pathways from garden paths to street paths and, roads, kerbing, flagging, tarmac , pot holes.
Great stable company to work for
Cleaner schools part time (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 August 2017
Great company only thing I'd say is don't do the school cleaning if got young children as you are required to work during school hols which is not gd.
Pros
Good management support great for kitchen jobs
Cons
School cleaning not good for people with young children due to required to work during school hold
Senior Admin Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne7 March 2017
A typical day at work would be busy and sometimes draining, however I enjoy the pace
I have learned so many new skills and interacted with all walks of life
Management in this job is fine to a certain level then I feel they become less interested at the higher levels
Workplace culture is fine, everyone seems to get along and are helpful to each other
The hardest part of the job is trying to get through all of the work with limited resource which limits the service you give to the people you need to support
I love the fast pace, the people I work with and the fact that I feel I make a difference for not only my teams but service users
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
don't feel appreciated whatever you do
Steady but unreliable
Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne7 December 2016
I found working for Newcastle city council very calm and steady at first.
Though as the years went on, there was a lot of pressure on your job because of all the redundancies and job cuts to cost cut for the council.
productive and good place to work
Food Technician (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne30 June 2016
I work Monday to Friday.Typical working day starts with the preparation of food and equipment to help teaching staff deliver there lessons. Supporting students and with some demonstrations to also help with the delivery of lessons. The clearing of equipment at end of each lesson and end of the day. Ordering of food and new equipment. Maintenance of all equipment. General hygiene. I have learned to work on my own and as a team. I get on very well with my co-workers and enjoy the environment in which I work.
Kingston Park Primary School.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG31 January 2016
Monday to Friday I go in to work and start by cleaning the classrooms, then I clean the library, then on to the toilets. I have learned how to keep the public safe from any chemicals that may be hazardous to health. I get on well with my manager. I have a good working relationship with all of my co-workers. I don't consider any part of my job hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the satisfaction to know that I have created a safe and suitable environment for the public to work in.
Pros
I enjoy working there
Cons
It is only a part time job.