New Look Employee Reviews

Productive & Fun
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex6 September 2017
providing a high standard of customer service to all customers. My typical day involves serving customers, helping with any enquiries, queries or complaints.

Stock control and money handling is a huge aspect of the job.

A very easily enjoyable and fun job.
Productive, has good staff, and given the opportunity to exceed to further positions if required.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 September 2017
It is very challenging working in retail, however Newlook staff have always been hardworking, able to overcome challenges, together, as a team. The most difficult part is telling customers that we do not do refund on sale items. This policy leaves many customer frustrated and annoyed.
Pros
Staff are enjoyable to work with
Cons
No breaks during a 6 hour shift
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worksop3 September 2017
Ok place to work, some of the people are lovely some of them make you feel like you don't belong there. Good pay, good hours lovely discount on clothes.
Terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage3 September 2017
Was not a professional company, did not train colleagues properly, the pay was bad, every colleague had to have emergency tax so what I got a month the emergency tax took over half of my wages.

Was never enough staff, also got under paid an numerous of times
Pros
New look discount
Cons
Short pointless shift, horrible pay and unhelpful managment
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Bletchley2 September 2017
I improved my customer service level. I've learnt how to handle working under pressure and solving complaints in calm manor.
Managment is usually helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is to organise my work so i could work in few departments and do few things in one time as f.eg. delivery and serving customers. Biggest minus is having problems with getting higher contract (more hours).
The most enjoyable part of the job was interactions with customers and team members.
Pros
nice workplace culture
Cons
lack of hours
Fast Paced
Product Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire2 September 2017
New Look has grown to be a very paced and forward thinking brand. Over the years the product has got a lot better and in line with competitors. I love my job.
Fun job
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 September 2017
I liked the people i was working with, so the job was made more enjoyable. The job itself could test my patience at times as there were of course incidents with rude customers, however I gained valuable customer care experience and learned how to handle situations properly.
Pros
Flexibility
Great experience.
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Warrington31 August 2017
New look provided me the training and opportunity to start my working life, gaining many key skills such as time management, customer service and cash handling.
productive and fast paced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London31 August 2017
Working at New look oxford street has given me an insight into how fast paced businesses work.The management are very friendly which make new look a wonderful environment for learning new skills.
Pros
discount
Cons
Hard at times but rewarding
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland29 August 2017
New look is a fast pace working environment and there is always something happening. We strive to make our customers number 1 and this is the best part of my job, I love helping and meeting new people everyday
Pros
Discount
Cons
Recognition
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hampshire28 August 2017
New Look taught me how to merchandise the clothes
Typical day would be putting out delivery on delivery days, serve customers, help customer enquiries and tidy stock on shop floor.
The management is good and also the workplace culture. All the staff are friendly and get on well.
Most enjoyable part of the job helping customers put together an outfit and the staff discount is very good.
Pros
Staff Discount
Alright
General Sales Assistant (GSA) (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire25 August 2017
I only worked there over christmas but the time I spent working there I felt welcomed and any questions I had were answered and shown to me in a polite and well mannered way.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Small store not much to do on less busy days.
It's alright, not so good.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street23 August 2017
There was a lot of work for me because I had to tidy up a floor for shoes, accessories, clothes, etc. and put back on rail clothes or shelves.

Sometimes I don't like to work a part time with rotating shift work for 16 hours in a week, because I could work New Look on late night or early morning.

However I enjoyed to talk other colleagues when we were bored, and they seemed friendly, calm and humour. Also if I don't really understand what a customer say then I would ask my colleague to help them.

Furthermore, I have learnt specific shoes and clothes about size, discounted prices, and stock room. Also my communication skills improved by talking to customers what they want to buy a product and where they can find it in New Look shop.
Pros
Friendly staff members
Cons
Too short to have a break time and you have only one hour if you are work more than six hours.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 August 2017
Loved working at my favourite shop at the most busiest time of the year. The staff were all so lovely to work with and I loved making sure the public was satisfied with their experience in the shop
Was never a dull day working for Newlook.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dorset18 August 2017
The management and store I worked at was great, I couldn't of asked for a better team of people to work with.

Management and staff members were always really supportive of one another and we would always encourage eachother to hit our weekly targets - and there was always great team work involved!

One downside was low contracts. It's difficult for people to progress within the company when you are working in store or even getting a contract that's over 12 hours, so if you have bills to pay the hours aren't reliable enough to get the same flow of income each month; it will diffur and you'll find some months you have £200 less than the previous because the hours have been reduced and you are on minimum contract hours for a while until some overtime becomes available..just something to bear in mind, and often our sale or promo launches would be incredibly last minute. Very unorganised. We would often have to launch them with a day's notice and have no hours to give out to staff for extra help..this would make our life's a lot more difficult and stressful.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Lack of staff/low contracts.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim14 August 2017
Newlook is a good place to work, they are very good to their staff and the discount is brilliant. I worked here for two years and enjoy my time there I just wanted a change of job
Pros
50 percent discount
easy hours
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenock14 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at new look because all the staff connected on a friendly level you could talk to anyone and be comfortable I also enjoyed it because you had the chance to interact with the customers in store and make sure they had what they were looking for.
Sales advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire14 August 2017
It was very interesting working as a sales advisor. It was nice to work with and meet a variety of different people. It was nice to see all the different types of clothes and accessories.
Staff were hard working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire12 August 2017
The staff were good at all working together on the shop floor to reach the targets. The benefits were interacting with the customers to gain experiences of how to deal with other personality types.
Pros
good staff discount
Cons
bad management as they were not approachable
Good to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stranraer, Dumfries and Galloway11 August 2017
Enjoyed my time at new look just couldn't afford the petrol from my home. Good discount on clothes and shoes. Great team which were a joy to work with .