New Look Employee Reviews

Busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire13 February 2018
A fast pace environment where there’s always jobs to do and targets to meet, personally targets were hard to meet if you work short hours per week, but not impossible. The people there were friendly though
good staff benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester13 February 2018
good staff benefits and incentives.
sometimes feel pressured from management to always do more in store orders even if you have already hit target. if you worked in a large store it could be a struggle to get holidays off that you wanted.
fun working environment with lots of people of all ages and backgrounds.
new look
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2018
Was a great, organised, safe and friendly place to work. Working in new look got me used to working fast but also efficiently.
I enjoyed working as a team and keeping busy with or without fellow floor workers around. I helped dealing with customers which helped build my customer service skills as all customers that had enquiries felt different and had different approaches to me depending on the circumstance/reason they needed my assistance.
Easy work, horrible hours & boring
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2018
I'm currently working at new look but continually searching for a new job. They don't consider other factors of your life and think that day to day life should be spent at work. For my age, I get paid well in comparison to my friends. My management is lovely but also give me rubbish shifts which are usually early or after college day hours which makes me exhausted. I cannot wait to leave.
Pros
40% discount, pay is good for my age
Cons
awful shift times, don't consider other priorities, they think your life revolves around newlook.
57 hours a week at 17....
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Look6 February 2018
New look WAS an amazing company, I started at a small store in my town, it was amazing my first weekend job at 16.

I loved it, sometimes doing extra shifts and during the holidays helping out 5/7 or 6/7 days a week.
Sometimes I’d be called in for sickness or got told there’s no need for me to come in. However I still loved my job.

I then unfortunately in September 16, got made redundant due to unforeseen circumstances within the company. (I got told on the same day I left due to redundancy).

After my last shift I went to our 2nd store in the City and explained what had happened and asked if I could transfer over. Within a few hours I had a quick interview with the manager of the 2nd store and got the job, and happily transferred over starting the next day (bypassing training, of course! Except Health and Safety).

The store was amazing, going from a small store to let’s say the Cities “main store” is amazing. There was more to do and cover and you’re always doing something... the energy was overall okay, of course there was bickering between staff all the time and the “GOSSIP” which got out of control at times.

The gossip wasn’t aimed towards me (but who knows if there was any) but the gosssip was often heard by management, or they’d be near by and don’t take action. Of course the may not be able to notice if it’s banter or bullying but to me they were taking the micky out of another colleague (who I know has since left).

I left due to mental health issues, being sectioned and unable to contact New Look. I got sent a letter of Dismissial
  more... in October 2017. I miss the company however it takes over your life, I was often doing long hours and always aimed high, the vision was my mission. And always tried to take control where needed and help customer, staff issues despite being paid £5.92p/h  less
Pros
was 50% discount (NOW 40% STAFF DISCOUNT)
exciting
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 February 2018
Newlook is always busy if you're a fast worker and into fashion trends, you will be perfect for the Newlook. you will be working with a huge team so don't worry about getting everything done by yourself.
Pros
discount
Don’t work here
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich4 February 2018
They will use staff who are under 18 for all the bad jobs, long 8 hour shifts with 30 minuet breaks, unrealistic expectations, they don’t pay properly
Pros
Money
Cons
Provind to customers a good service
VOLUNTEER CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
You learn many things when working in New Look such as being motivated, having patience when dealing with customers as it is our duty, having the ability to come on time and working under pressure. I have learnt the way of handling customers, having good attitude while communicating with them, explaining them with smiley face to attract them with your friendly behavior.
Pros
40% off clothes
Cons
hours change weekly
overall ok
Supervisor role (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire30 January 2018
long days.
good if you want to work your way up.
Lovely staff team
good training opportunities
love the customers
learned all aspects of the job
manager good
fun and fulfilling
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 January 2018
I worked at NL for over a year and loved having the 50% off and generally making new friends around the Reading area. I was fully till trained and taught how to cash up and roughly close down the shop as well as being taught how to replenish shoes and general stock.
Pros
50% off, centre of reading
Cons
had to work 7+ hours for half an hour break
nice to work, easy shifts
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey29 January 2018
I liked working there, good for school leavers, easy shifts, only problem was the pay, and the amount of hours you could get, but you get to meet new people everyday`
Friendly and Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade, Bedfordshire28 January 2018
I joined a very friendly and welcoming team who helped me while I was training. I never felt overwhelmed as they ensured I was trained in everything I undertook before I started it.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Last minute shift changes
Difficult work/life balance
Senior Buying Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  London28 January 2018
Long hours but a lot of experience gained from working at this company. Progression isn't something which New Look is renowned for therefore it wasn't a place I would consider staying.
Pros
Great people
great job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 January 2018
This role involved using a PDA to locate stock, assemble orders and prepare for dispatch. This was a team role with
targets and deadlines whilst following company health and safety practices
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 January 2018
NewLook have huge focuses on their people and customer, and you don't get this within many retailers. They put their people and customer at the heart of what they do and are constantly looking for new ideas to better everyone's experience.
Working for New Look
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire21 January 2018
New Look is a fun, great and supportive company to work for. I have been here for over a year and it's been the most loyal and kind job I have had, because of the people.
Pros
40% off clothes
Cons
Hours change weekly
Not a fun place to work, little chances to progress in the store
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham19 January 2018
Not the best, but not the worst place to work, easy and monotonous work the same as most retail jobs, progression for male sales advisors seems to be harder than it is for female workers
Pros
good staff discount
Cons
not fun, too much expectation for sales advisors, unrealistic targers
Poorly Managed and Toxic Environment
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe19 January 2018
My time at New Look may have only lasted a month, but in that month I learnt not only the horrors of working for a corrupt company but also that having 5 managers running a store doesn't mean it will run smoothly. Especially since the managers themselves were the main issue.

In my most honest opinion I would steer clear of working for New Look especially the one in High Wycombe until the manager sort themselves out at least.
Pros
Honestly None...
Cons
Ill Managed and Treated Poorly
gret
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex18 January 2018
Great, friendly, lovely staff and management. Only reason I left was for more hours.
Very generous staff perks and incentives, lots to keep you motivated.
Management team were rude
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
Management were rude, rearranged shifts without informing or asking people, and would deliberately call during days off, sick days, or ask you to come in outside of your availability (despite being a student with very strict availability). Most of the staff, the training and the culture of the work place was fun and helpful, but senior members of staff were often condescending and rude
Pros
50% off for staff
Cons
The management team made it feel impossible to enjoy working there