New Look Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford28 May 2018
A new look is a place where they expect to work every hour under the sun. as our store opening, ours are from 10:00 to 20:00.
They don't let you take holiday in December which is very important for me as I go and see my family.

however, the staff is all very friendly. and it does give you experience.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Long hours and weekend shifts
management change ruined job
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham24 May 2018
a new manager at the Nottingham men store changed the dynamic of the team drastically and he was inexperienced making many mistakes which he then proceeded to blame staff for, i left as i did not want to work under him anymore.
fun but challenging environment with limited progression routes and unsociable hours the norm.
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside23 May 2018
I enjoy the work and the people involved in my immediate team. however the company has no clear path and consistency, priorities change daily and this seems too unstable. working hours are always to fluid and anti social also. There seems to be a lack of structure at times.
There are enjoyable parts to the role but a new challenge is needed at times with benefits that represent the effort put in by employees recognised.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford23 May 2018
Working with no lunch at times was quite hard, which didn't help with ensuring the job was completed efficiently at all times. However, working within a team made the shift go quicker. Also felt that the salary did not reflect on the tasks at hand.
hard place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  glas23 May 2018
the managers that I worked under weren't the best to work under - the rest of the staff were a breath of fresh air and enjoyed working there most of the time. leading up to Christmas was the worst with the long hours and managers not giving sufficient breaks
It was a great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands23 May 2018
I worked with lovely staff and we was a great team my time at the store was happy and fun I made some lovely friends and met nice cellients i loved working with clouthes
Pros
Cons
It’s was 9 to 5
horrible work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon13 May 2018
management was shocking and had such a negative attitude. This job was meant to be about working in a team and feeling comfortable but it was the complete opposite.
Good experience at young age
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex13 May 2018
Good chance to get some customer service experience at a young age, before starting a full time job. Day to day role based around communicating with the public.
Productive, fun and friendly workplace.
Christmas Temp Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Telford11 May 2018
I learnt how to use a cash register and also how to properly communicate with customers that maybe rude or irritated. It was a very fun and friendly place to work because of all the characters you got to work with and talk to when on the shop front.
Pros
Great pay, friendly
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 April 2018
Great job dealing with different customers each day and helping them with their needs. This job is perfect for someone who is looking to build some experience with working with the public and has an interest in fashion.
Productive, nice environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 April 2018
The staff are very helpful and friendly, it is a nice environment to work in and we all work well as a team. If there are any questions that need to be asked and answered, there are always staff members that are there for support and to help. A typical day would consist of taking on multiple tasks such as putting out the clear rail, or helping assist in the fitting rooms. As well as this, you could be on the till or tidying sale and the shop floor, along with meeting and greeting customers and giving great service.
Team work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire28 April 2018
I am a punctual,responsible person,eager to learn and to experience the experience for a future in your company,i am available to work both day and night shift and overtime if needed
good first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter25 April 2018
This was my first every serious job I learnt and grew up whilst working here.

- It was a great fun working environment
- I learnt how to interact with people
ok
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock23 April 2018
its ok for working in retail just not great money or hrs. there is not much benefits of working here and no appreciation for the work and years spent here.
Pros
money off newlook iteams.
Productive place
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne21 April 2018
It was an outstanding place. They try their best with their customers and ensure they receive good customer service. Our interest was entirely ensuring the customers receive best products possible.
wasnt the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford19 April 2018
I liked the experience working at new look as it was my first retail job but I did not like working for the new look store because I felt they were very unorganised.
Pros
no pros
The New Look Campaign
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter17 April 2018
This was a wonderful campaign to work for, Was sad to see this go after four years.
Daily would answer the phone, taking various calls from Customers regarding Orders placed, deliveries and any problems that arose.
Looking on the Website to find an Outfit or similar then give the customer the details.
Learnt typing skills, Data protection and working to better the experience for the Customer.
Management on this Campaign very understanding and helpful as I am Disabled.
Culture was very friendly atmosphere. Able to talk to anyone for advice.
Hardest part of the Job, explaining to customers that if any item is out of Stock then we do not have this any longer. Also when Holiday times the Deliveries would be later.
Most enjoyable part was the company within the Office. Have made long term friends who I still keep in touch with
Pros
Excellent atmosphere, very understanding Staff
Cons
New Look relocated to another part of the Country
great team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down16 April 2018
company is great to work for with good benefits
academy to help learn and grown within the company
plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and become department specialists.
Pros
discount
Cons
last minute communication
Fun and Friendly
Sales Advisor & Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire12 April 2018
A day at new look is always fun. People are so friendly and being involved with customers is very educational, learning how to deal with potential customer complaints and being involved with a team every day is always a good laugh.
Joke
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands11 April 2018
I worked as a cashier and during weeks of team briefs in the morning would be told by an assisting manager that large cash amounts were going missing and that security would be tighter and to watch carefully at what we're doing to later found out that man was the perpatrator.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.