New Look Employee Reviews

Found 1,241 reviews matching the search See all 1,432 reviews
Excellent
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames9 August 2018
Management always supportive and approachable, others colleagues always there to help with tasks , good atmosphere, fast past two days never the same !
Pros
Great work environment
Nice Place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woolwich8 August 2018
I enjoy working at New Look. The atmosphere is great and everyone gets on really well. There is always something to be done so you are never bored. Getting first dibs on all the new stock is a bonus too :)
Lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Walsall8 August 2018
I really enjoyed working here they were flexible wth working hours, lovely manager and a great teamwork vibe. Customer facing and busy environment but enjoyable.
First workplace experience
Saturday Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset7 August 2018
I worked as part of a small team which I thoroughly enjoyed as i was only young. The role was varied and enjoyable. Providing excellent customer service was of upmost importance.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at NewLook. Management were very welcoming and accommodating toward work life balance. Extra hours were always available to those who needed them which was an added bonus.
Fun and Productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde6 August 2018
I enjoyed working at New Look as it gave me the confidence to talk to others and helped my problem solving skills. I enjoyed working with the other employees, i have made friends from working at New Look.
Pros
discount
Cons
unpredictable hours
Don't Bother!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 August 2018
So I've worked for new look for almost a year and honestly it's been a rollercoaster. You don't get acknowledged by management for keeping the shop presentable and practically running the floor because everyone else working there seems to 'disappear'. The sale here is ridiculously big and sometimes you're expected to tidy it by yourself. No rotation of staff at all. You'll be on one department for your whole shift and if you're lucky you'll move after you've had a break.

Management change your shift without giving you notice and expect you to know so when you don't turn up they call you moaning at you. If you're feeling unwell during your shift you will not be sent home as you are expected to work it.

3 month probation period is rubbish, don't be unwell they will sack you!!! It's happened recently and it'll happen again.
There isn't a pro-life balance because you WILL BE WORKING EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!! The hours are great until they rota you on every weekend and barely any weekday shifts. Management will rota you on days when you are unavailable.

As a student they will not think about you twice. You won't be able to complete coursework well before the due date because they will bombard you with hours.

There's more but I think you'll find that out yourself if you work there.
Pros
Paid holidays, 40% discount
Cons
The team, management, long hours
Fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 August 2018
I only worked three days I can't give a full review but it was pretty fun I was sad to not be kept on. I wish it had been longer it was a good experience.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Unnecessary amount of form filling and training for temp job
Very good workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor4 August 2018
overall New Look was a great place to work. The shop was managed well and the staff, in this case, were friendly and welcoming. In general the only downfall of this job was due to the location outside of Bangor, it was difficult to get to.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 August 2018
Great sense of togetherness! Long hours but the pay reflects the hours worked I suppose. The site is well maintained. There's plenty of diversity in employees.
Caring and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire31 July 2018
There's a lot of laughs in a typical day at work, there are a lot of fields in which you can learn at everyday and the training is very good. If you are really skilled at your job, it can be quite hard to maintain a healthy work/social life balance but it's possible.
Pros
Discounts on cinemas etc
Cons
Not very flexible with holidays and days off
New Look
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2018
A typical day at work would be switching between till and floor work. This includes serving customers and keeping the floor clean.
The hardest part of the job is at Christmas when the hours are long and the work load is heavy.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the team, they where great to work with.
Pros
40% discount
good experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff29 July 2018
good first job experience - part time christmas and new years temp
nice staff to work with
fast pace and busy during xmas and new year period
more training needed
A friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 July 2018
Friendly staff and management.
Training was completed immediately meaning I was able to complete many tasks within my first shift.
Very chilled and casual work environment.
Good working environment .
Sales advisor and department specialist. (Current Employee) –  Hereford27 July 2018
Working at NewLook has helped develop my skills in customer service. I feel like a valued part of the team who is appreciated by my management as I always try to go above and beyond for them to help achieve the best performance for myself and the company. Working in Newlook gave me the opportunity to combine both my passions of fashion and beauty, which is something I love doing!
Pros
Working in fashion and beauty.
Cons
Long hours.
A productive and fun place to work.
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Harlow24 July 2018
Whilst I was working there it was certainly a joy to be part of such a fun and motivated team and everyone around me was so helpful and kind, not just towards each other but also towards there customers, and it really is such a good job to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
tireing and low moral
Senior Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire20 July 2018
can be busy 1 day then nothing rest of the week i have learnt not much in the past 10 years , managment poor team leading the work place is every man for them selfs hardest part of the job is understanding the mangament thinking Home time
Pros
work patterns
Oppertunistic and fun enviornment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Petersfield20 July 2018
Over the past 4 years of working for Newlook I've really enjoyed being a part of a team with both Petersfield and Cosham, while learning the operations of a larger store.

The hardest part of the job was to maintain enough hours per week.
Pros
Good Oppurtunities
Cons
Not enough hours
Constantly working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover18 July 2018
Where I worked the manager would never consider that you had a life outside of work. You would constantly be expected to answer to the group chat and work a lot of the time, maybe more than the manager.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
minimum wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chichester18 July 2018
New Look provides a great environment to work in, the management are lovely and very accommodating. What feels a shame about working here is the lack of large contracts and with minimum wage you do a lot of work without much pay off.
the job is great if the people you work with are lovely, which they usually are. the essence of team work within the company is lovely, and team meetings are always more like friends chatting than an official meeting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
often out late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.