New Look Employee Reviews

tireing and low moral
Senior Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire20 July 2018
can be busy 1 day then nothing rest of the week i have learnt not much in the past 10 years , managment poor team leading the work place is every man for them selfs hardest part of the job is understanding the mangament thinking Home time
Pros
work patterns
Oppertunistic and fun enviornment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Petersfield20 July 2018
Over the past 4 years of working for Newlook I've really enjoyed being a part of a team with both Petersfield and Cosham, while learning the operations of a larger store.

The hardest part of the job was to maintain enough hours per week.
Pros
Good Oppurtunities
Cons
Not enough hours
Constantly working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover18 July 2018
Where I worked the manager would never consider that you had a life outside of work. You would constantly be expected to answer to the group chat and work a lot of the time, maybe more than the manager.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
minimum wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chichester18 July 2018
New Look provides a great environment to work in, the management are lovely and very accommodating. What feels a shame about working here is the lack of large contracts and with minimum wage you do a lot of work without much pay off.
the job is great if the people you work with are lovely, which they usually are. the essence of team work within the company is lovely, and team meetings are always more like friends chatting than an official meeting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
often out late
Different experince
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 July 2018
I did work experience in New look for 4 weeks and to be honest I learnt a lot. My knowledge in the retail work sector has improved along with my skills and growth of confidence.
Pros
theres always someone whos available to help you
Cons
short hours
Wouldn't recommend
Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 July 2018
Not happy, management aren't great and it's really hard to have a work-life balance. Best part of the job is the girls who work there who are all lovely, but team are not appreciated as much as they should be.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
management
productive and fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth13 July 2018
A typical day at work would include doing many different type of jobs from working on the till point to moving the room around with management. What i have learnt is how to be able to do many different jobs at the same time to keep to schedule and also the place approachable. Management were very good at being part of the team as they would do all the same jobs as just sales assistants therefore being able to help us on the shop floor. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep to schedule when there was a small amount of staff on and the best part was learning so many skills in a short space of time.
Pros
% off
Cons
too short hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London12 July 2018
Working at New Look, was a new experience compared to my work experience. Within the store, I was able to comunicate with colleagues easily, understand the work given by higher authorities and fullfilling the expectations surrounded by me. Despite the positivity around New Look, I was finding it hard to cope with my hours.
Pros
Friendly environment
Great clothes
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent10 July 2018
Perfect place for a part time job, no room for progression however location was ideal or a student and the shift changes are too common and sometimes changed the day before.
Pros
Shift changes
Cons
Great location
Fun environment, poor management.
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dereham8 July 2018
Most mangers are under the age of 27 so they think they are the bees knees, great discount for yourself and one other person, can be very two face environment and clicky gangs about. Hours are nice and can plan a life around your job,
Pros
Hours
Cons
Bad management
Pleasant place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester4 July 2018
Started of a Christmas temp position and became a full time permanent role after successfully completing a probation period.
My role included advising customers of the suitability of chosen outfits, cash handling and window dressing.
Retail adviser
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant2 July 2018
I was really uncomfortable with the work environment at the work place. I was only there for a brief time as I had a temporary position and they basically expected me to work almost everyday for 3-4 weeks even on days I stated at the interview I couldn't work due to my commitments at another job.
I found higher-ups to be some-what unprofessional as they told me to come in on more than one occasion to work, I would come in and I wouldn't even be on the rota so there would be nothing for me to do for the 4 hours I was there. One time they even gave me a task to complete and rather than having me rotate to a different position each hour like they commonly do they forgot I was even there and was stuck doing nothing for 3 hours.
The employee discount that I was promised also was never verified by them and even though I asked on multiple occasions to have help setting up my employee rota portal they would just brush me off to the point that I would have to travel to work on my (limited) days off to see a physical copy of the rota.
I would definitely never work for a New Look store again.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no staff discount, unprofessional-ism
Good Experience for first job
Part time shift work (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire30 June 2018
Assisting the managing on a daily basis
Operating the tills/cashing up dealing with customers enquiries.
Meeting & greeting customers
Administration & Typing
Logging all customer enquiries onto the system.
Assisting the admin service and Sales team at all times.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester29 June 2018
It such a great place to work. It can get very busy but it has a great team and management. Able to get a lot overtime hours. There are targets, such as new look cards and customer wow feedback.
Pros
40 Percent Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage
Fun workplace, ideal start to working life
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge27 June 2018
This was one of my first jobs and it was a great start to working life and understanding roles and responsibilities whilst having enough freedom to get to know colleagues.
employees are great to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 June 2018
There is a limited amount of job rotation which leads to boredom quite quickly
however the perks at work are great, it offers a range of benefits that are great for everyone.
The management is quite poor and they tend to leave staff to do the most work load which is quite annoying.
Shifts tend to drag and insufficient breaks are given so you're standing for most of it which gets tiring
productive work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 June 2018
The team working there is very friendly and supportive. we are able to work together as a team to hit targets that are set for our store. get experience from working in different areas of the shop.
Pros
city centre
it was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 June 2018
maybe it was just where worked but it was not what they advertised it to be. everyone was constantly put under pressure by supervisors as well as many not given training for their required jobs.
A Friendly place to work
Group Logistics & Supply Chain Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Weymouth/London/Stoke21 June 2018
I found New Look to be a friendly place to work.They are a very forward thinking company and often put the employees requirements/needs first.

like all companies management varies dependant on the person. I found that the flow of information coming down the line was ok but when trying to report up the chain it was closed off.

Hardest part of my job was working across many departments as the company is very splintered and many of the departments work in silo's doing there own thing.

Should New Look survive this period of difficult trading and debt. I would definitely recommend them and would also consider working there again.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits, Subsidised lunches and helpful work life balance
Cons
work in silo's, communication only comes down.
newlook
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire18 June 2018
A typical day for me was doing delivery counting in click and collects for customers dealing with customer orders and the day to day running of the store.

I have learnt throughout my retail service that customers always come first; to multitask and to work as a team with work colleagues.

The management was absolutely fantastic at new look. They were professional, helpful and supportive and open to any suggestions that were made by staff.

The workplace culture was very friendly, approachable, driven and motivating.

The hardest part of the job was having to hear about the closure of the New Look store in Telford.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers and advising them on outfit requirements.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
No break for 6 hours work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.