New Look Employee Reviews

Job at new look
New Look .. (Former Employee) –  Walton24 October 2017
Work life balance is awful! The company is so disorganised they think you are robots and expect you to do everything within a hour. Not bothered about there customers just intrested in taking the money.. and the support you get from roles above you is bad
Pros
Staff Discount
would not reccomend
Sales Assistant - Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Exmouth19 October 2017
I Worked here as a Christmas temp and was told my pay would be late but was not bothered as was told they would keep me on after my temp duration. The current manager left and the offer of more work was retracted leaving my jobless and I was only paid for 1/3 of my hours and never saw the money.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad shift patterns, dont pay
Busy Environment in work place and friendly staff and customers.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield19 October 2017
Typical day in New Look was a busy environment, the most enjoyable about the job was meeting new people and helping customers with clothing and any accessories. I personally got on with all staff members apart from one member of management, I, not only have had this problem too from previous staff members. The staff members were lovely and friendly and so were the customers who came into the store.
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mold, Flintshire19 October 2017
very good work ethic on a day to day basis. great concept in the way all stores are laid out the same which makes it easier if you out covering other stores
Pros
discount
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Church Street18 October 2017
Really good and enjoyable work environment. helps engage with customers and deal with them appropriately. Good team work. It was really tiring due to the long working hours.
not great
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire16 October 2017
Low pay
unfriendly staff
don't like it when you ask for help
often don't finish on time
wasn't any training before you started the job
discount on clothes
Great to work here
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 October 2017
I enjoyed working here. Customers and work life was great. Colleagues make it fun. Management don't help and your hours can change. Rotas aren't organized. Throughly enjoyed it though. Great discount too.
Fun workplace
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Sheffield City Centre, South Yorkshire12 October 2017
Really enjoyed working at new look. would seriously go back plus it opens many opportunities in retail and customer serves for the future. Great atmosphere
Pros
Discount
intresting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenford12 October 2017
hours where never balanced, they varied to much for my liking. pay was no where near enough to cover my bills. however the staff where great and very easy to get on with.
Staff lovely but a lot of work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston Upon Thames11 October 2017
The management was really helpful and the staff were so lovely but you were expected to do a lot - on the shop floor you were to help customers, restock from the changing rooms and keep it extremely tidy constantly, sometimes this expectation was too much especially as a beginner.
Pros
Good pay, Lovely colleagues, flexible work hours
Cons
Expectations were very high
Soemtimes boring but small shop so lack of work load
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden10 October 2017
New look was a good learning curve about coming into the working world, but was defiantly the wrong job for me, as assistant I wanted to engage with customers more but it was mostly about putting clothes in order and clearing out changing rooms. The best part of the job was definitely being behind the tills, talking to the customers.
Agradavel
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  Shepton mallet, uk10 October 2017
Muito movimento , um excelente ambiente de trabalho.
Produtcitve and fun but long hours and weird shifts
Sales (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham9 October 2017
Good place to work, but the hours are funny. They can be long, especially over Christmas time. Then before you know it they’re cut short the next week. Depending on what store and what management team they can be helpful with a work/life balance however at the minute it is hard to cope with.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Weekly hours vary, no security
high expectations
Holding Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire2 October 2017
a typical day is busy and not much support is provided to stores from higher level management.

good opportunities for NVQ training

store management structure puts too much pressure on staff as more management is needed.

teams and customer relationships can be the most enjoyable part of the job .
Productive and fun workplace!
Sale assistant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom30 September 2017
Working at New Look requires a get up and go attitude. From my experience here my physical, social and intellectual skills have developed majorly, giving me the confidence to face new challenges and approach situations which I previously would have tried to avoid. I love fashion and retail so everything about this job is rewarding for me.
live atomosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London29 September 2017
the most enjoyable part is talking to customers while serving and gettin them to open store cards help u meet ur work targets also having that friendliness with staff as well as customers

i have learned to do my job with passion of moving up

as a management hardest part is making sure the staff and customers both r happy with you
Pros
extra hours to work
Cons
turn footfall into conversion
Very good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester29 September 2017
Working in the warehouse was very busy everyday. I learnt about working in a team. The management was very good, as was the workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was working night shifts but the most enjoyable part was the friends that I made when I worked there.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Night shifts
good fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent29 September 2017
Really enjoyed working here, love interacting with all the customers, the discount for staff members in very good,and it fitted in with my family life at home
Very well organised company
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire26 September 2017
Its a brilliant company to work for with great people. the managers help you to make your work life much easier. The shift format is brilliant and you make good progress. a great company if you want to climb the ladder.
Pros
good breaks, good shift arrangement, easy work
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrow25 September 2017
A typical day at work is long queues, angry customers because of low staff. Ive learnt how to handle difficult customers, to give excellent customer service by going the extra mile. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with friendly staff.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours no breaks before 6 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.