New Look Employee Reviews

great team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down16 April 2018
company is great to work for with good benefits
academy to help learn and grown within the company
plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and become department specialists.
Pros
discount
Cons
last minute communication
Fun and Friendly
Sales Advisor & Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire12 April 2018
A day at new look is always fun. People are so friendly and being involved with customers is very educational, learning how to deal with potential customer complaints and being involved with a team every day is always a good laugh.
Joke
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands11 April 2018
I worked as a cashier and during weeks of team briefs in the morning would be told by an assisting manager that large cash amounts were going missing and that security would be tighter and to watch carefully at what we're doing to later found out that man was the perpatrator.
not a great job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill11 April 2018
A job that was very repetitive and didnt have much variation-was a typical retail job.
Learnt a lot about customer service.
The management were very casual.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working with friends
awful work place
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kirkby9 April 2018
staff was rude to both customers and other staff members, unclean work environment, staff room was a disgrace, fire exits were blocked by cardboard boxes or heavy plastic delivery boxes. would not recommend working here
I enjoy working here but the hours are not enough.
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme8 April 2018
I really enjoyed working in a different aspect of customer service and retail. This gave me another chance to gain some new work experience and knowledge. As there are many New Look stores closing around the globe, this has meant cutbacks in staffing. As I am on agency staffing for New Look Distribution Centre this has meant a dramatic cut back in my hours, meaning I am not doing as many shifts as I would like and am willing to do. I am always keen to do overtime an this, unfortunately, is not an option for me anymore.
It was good.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2018
It is good, I really enjoy working in New Look because it allows me to improve on so many aspects of myself professionally and personally. From handling customer queries to basic customer service.
Don't be fooled by the 'friendly' exterior
Sales Advisor promoted to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 April 2018
Nice environment to work & they had a great 'perks at work' scheme giving you discounts and deals on travel, cinema & loads more. Learned a lot about visual merchandising when i was a sales advisor, which helped when i was promoted to Supervisor. Most staff members are young, including management, not sure whether this is good or bad, but it could sometimes be quite an unprofessional and nasty environment to be in.

Pros: Exciting chances to progress in the company, 40% staff discount & 25% friends and family discount, working with a popular fashion brand.

Cons: Hard to balance social life around work, stressful, last minute shift changes without notice, lack of training when starting out as a sales advisor. The company care a lot more about the money, not so much the health or wellbeing of their staff.
good experience
SALES ADVISOR, SUPERVISOR, SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood2 April 2018
Working for new look had its ups and down. but you have a great support system around you so you didn't feel that you was on your own within your role.
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax1 April 2018
Great company to work with, I enjoyed every minute working here and working through to build myself up in the sector to eventually become a supervisor.
Easy work, friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow31 March 2018
easy work although it can be challenging. Learn good customer service skills and good retail skills. typical working day includes working on tills/fitting rooms serving customers.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short shifts
friendly place to work
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian25 March 2018
i loved my time working here. All staff are so friendly and fun. Management are so approachable and helpful. Fast paced and hard going job but over all lovely place to work.
Fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire22 March 2018
Every day was different which made the job fun and exciting!
Loved styling the mannequins and launching new flow.
Management changed quite a lot so wasn't always easy adjusting to so much change.
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast20 March 2018
Friendly staff, the management team are encouraging and helpful at all times. Always try to work things around other commitments such as school or if you have another job. Good company benefits. Rewards for hard work.
Good place for a first weekend job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Farmborough19 March 2018
My experience working part time at New Look has been mostly positive as it is a good environment to work in. It has allowed me to learn and gain customer service skills as well as building my confidence, especially when dealing with complaints or challenging situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience I have gained and the new friends I have made.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
low rate of pay
Fun and exciting company to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns, East Renfrewshire19 March 2018
I love working here but need a new challenge in my career.
Great company.
Great people.
Great brand.
Always worked with helpful people.
Great career prospects.
Productive and insightful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
The store was a great interactive place to work at as I was able to do a lot and achieve a lot. I was able to learn about clothing retail stores and how they are efficiently run
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire15 March 2018
Draining, low wage. Not motivated - management not very good. The way training was structured didn't make sense and not very organised. Staff very cliquey and not welcoming to new starters.
Friendly enviornment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of me being required to sell customers on the till or on the shop floor. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
Pros
Lunch breaks
part time work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire14 March 2018
Enjoyed the latest fashions and delivering customer service. the 50% discount especially as a teenager into all the latest fashion. Great High street brand to work for, quality clothing just not enough structure and progression as employees and very under paid.
Pros
extra shifts
Cons
low pay