New Look Employee Reviews

not so good
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire14 December 2017
my manager was always giving me shifts with not a lot of hours, i only came in once a week. the staffs were very nice but there was a lot of tyding up and many things i did not get trained to do i had to do and did not always do them correctly
More focus on UK market required
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Field Based13 December 2017
Business having challenging time and making cuts to both field teams and instore sales manager teams.

Business driven by compliance , lack of autonomy.

Store teams work very hard , juggling workload v service expectations.
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Winsford13 December 2017
I did work experience at the Winsford store for a couple of weeks. I enjoyed my time there. I would assist a variety of customers during the day, and I would work in the stock room. When I worked in the stock room, I spent time re-organising stock so that it was easier to find.
rude
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2017
terrible place to work they mess you around with wages they speak to you like a peice of dirt on the bottom of there shoe will never work or advise anyone to work here
Awful place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 December 2017
Staff are treated like slaves. Working long hours for zero thanks. Managers are lazy, hide in the office. Cliques form with the staff and bullying is rife but management do nothing about it.
Terrible
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire2 December 2017
Management are terrible and unorganised. Constantly on the phone to Head Office and Human Resources due to unfair treatment, incorrect pay, wrong rotas and many other problems. Managers do not listen to anything you say and will allow you to book off holiday and still put you in for it. The store has become an absolute mess and staff are treated horribly. No order or control. New staff were not trained and it was left to other sales assistants to train them. Do not work for this company. Bad pay and disgraceful treatment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything.
Lovely people, terrible company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I have worked in several New Look stores over the past two years, and I can say that the people are truly lovely. However the company is completely disorganised. This is reflected in some stores more than others. My current store is understaffed, disorganised, and unclean - which is not good for health and safety.
Pros
40% discount if you like the clothes.
Cons
Too demanding. Unable to take a lunch break sometimes in busy periods.
new look was a great place to work for my work experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire27 November 2017
I worked in new look paisley for my work experience. staff were lovely and very helpful! unfortunetly there were no contracts available when I was finishing
Enjoyable inclusive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chard27 November 2017
Learned lots of new valuable skills such as visual merchaandising , changing manequinns, cash handling, online ordering.

Friendly team, lots of vouchers for staff, rotas not always convenient.

Lots of overtime available at times.
Pros
fun friendly colleagues
Cons
rotas
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2017
A typical day at work was starting at 7am and completing the delivery by, from this job I learnt time management skill. The work place environment was fun and energetic lead by outstanding mangers.
Pros
Engaging and understanding managers
Cons
Not enough hours

Want to know more about New Look?

Ask a question
Basic
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2017
You get seriously underpaid for what you do. You also get false promotions, where they promote you to a 'specialist' so you can have more responsibility and stress, but no pay rise. The hours are unstable, you may get 30 hours one week and 4 hours the next. I think this job is suitable if your just looking for a part time job to keep you busy through out the day, but definitely not suitable for career progression or actually being financially stable enough to survive in society without debt. The people I worked with were nice, but that along with the discount was probably the only good thing.
Pros
Discount (40%)
Cons
Everything else.
No chance to progress, stressful and bad pay.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland17 November 2017
Favouritism is a massive thing and the company just likes to walk over and take advantage. Say goodbye to Christmas, they take over and have no consideration for workers who actually work instead of pen pushers who don't actually consider what it's like. Unrealistic deadlines are set with maximum stress and zero pay-out. Avoid working here.
Pros
You get 40% and employee perks like discounted cinema tickets.
Cons
Too many to list
A downhill spiral
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North West17 November 2017
I'll start off my saying I've worked for the company as a Sales Advisor for the past four years and this would have been a 4-5 star review back then.

The recent restructure of management by the company and treatment of staff and supervisors has been disgusting. Hard working staff kicked out and forced to reapply for their jobs on lower contracts (but still expected to do the same work load so working just as hard for less money.)

This on top of the cutting staff hours, sending unmanageable delivery load and unnecessary promotions has made the company one big shambles!

I have no idea what is going on in head office but changes need to be made before you loose all of your hard working staff. In my eyes the future of the company at the moment is not looking good.
Pros
staff discount 40% even though it has been lowered from 50%
Cons
9-3 shifts with no break
nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough11 November 2017
I enjoyed working here, met some really nice people and got to do a job I enjoyed. I got a lot of really good opportunities that I can take with me to my next job.
great place to work in
General shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Skegness9 November 2017
sorting out cloths redressing the manicins putting shoes on shelfs
i lernt to stock rotate and to keep shop tidy and to sort out the displays
the maneger was lovely
sorting out the deliveries
being out front of shop sorting out stock rotations and eccsessories
Great if you're young.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire8 November 2017
After the recent renduancies across the company, new looks turn around for staff has been horrdendous. Stretching stores to their absolute limit.

I have been in the company 4 years, and a supervisor for 2 years. Work life balance is no exsistant, working all the hours under the sun as we are short staffed, like many other stores in our region.

Every week there is new promotions or sales & window changes, the company expect so much from the team for such little pay and flexibility.

The job is absolutely perfect if you're young and want weekend work or when the company are having busy periods. Other than that DO NOT expect to be given a 30 hour contract if you're only a sales advisor. Low wage and low contracts are new looks downfall! And even to have a break you have to work over 6 hours if you're 18+ to be entitled to 30 minute lunch.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Breaks, long hours, no credit.
Productive place to work!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex8 November 2017
New look is literally such a busy place to work. But with a great team we always manage to get things done. I complain sometimes but I know I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pros
Staff Discount
excellent work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  cumbria7 November 2017
I started out working on the shop floor but was then given my own department to run and displays to sort out. I was also in charge of the stock room where we kept all shoes and boots.
the enjoyable part of the job was helping people pick the right clothes and shoes for them but without being pushy. Sometimes ladies in shops want to see people more their size than those assistants who are not.
Pros
getting to see all the new lines
Cons
cleaning out the changing room of the left over stock
nice team
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
NEW LOOK is a multinational retail-clothing company
NEW LOOK is known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers
Experience: providing excellent customer service to maximise sales; receiving and processing deliveries; helping to prepare season sales, designer collaborations and regular seasonal campaigns;
Working well in the team and actively supporting my colleagues
Great team to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wales6 November 2017
Worked here for 7 years. I have a 12 hour contract which i can choose which day/hours i work due to having children. Great place to work, theyre flexible with my shifts and im really lucky to work with such a great team. 40% staff discount is a real perk for you and one other chosen family/friend, but you also get 25% off friends and family vouchers to give out. Only downfalls are: No holidays are allowed to be took between mid november and mid january due to work load increasing over christmas period. Over 18, you only get half an hour break if you work an 8 hour shift. The shifts are either 4, 6 or 8 hours, so 6 hours is a pretty long to go without a break. Especially when your running round on your feet all day.
Pros
40% staff discount, great team
Cons
Can only have a break if you work over 8 hours, and thats only a half hour break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.