New Look Employee Reviews

Found 1,257 reviews matching the search See all 1,447 reviews
producvive and challenging
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire19 November 2018
picking and packing products ready for distribution and loading of vehicles general house keeping . I learned how to work in a fast paced work environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire12 November 2018
Was good job i like work for new look I learned to work well with the team and the management was good for the staff I recommend working in new look it's great work
Good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead9 November 2018
I did enjoy working here as my colleagues made my experience memorable. In retail, you are constantly moving and doing something in store. I only worked 4 hours a shift so I had no breaks, but time does go fast when you are always on the move.
All-round awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex8 November 2018
I found that New Look was poorly managed and the shifts were always released last minute. The sales assistants would always get blamed for anything that happened - including the customers stealing items, even though we were told to let them go because our "safety" was more important. Twice I was threatened by customers while working there - the first time, i had a man threaten to stab me, and the second time, i had a man threaten to sexually assault me. I went home in tears both times, and the managers didn't do anything to assure my safety. I was paid terribly, and i was on a 4 hour contract, but was working almost 30 hours a week, while also studying at college. They really didn't care about any other commitments, and would be furious if you couldn't take a shift.
Pros
A few other lovely sales assistants, and 50% discount on products.
Cons
Everything.
Excitement, team work, enjoyable, friendly, fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 November 2018
Working at new look was very valuable experience In retail and as my first job, the skills I learnt at new look are important as these skills I can take through to any job.
Pros
25% voucher off clothes
Cons
No flexible shifts
Poor managerial skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Magherafelt, County Londonderry5 November 2018
Everyone in this work place is extremely miserable due to no managerial skills what so ever. Any personal issues staff members have is publised to the whole workplace. Favouritism also within this shop which is felt by everyone. Alongside this no matter how much you do for this place, it is never recognised nor credit given..
Pros
Staff discount, supervisors provide great support, sales advisor friends
Cons
No managerial skills, unprofessional, not confidential, any issues with staff publised, thr.
Good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire5 November 2018
Brilliant company to work for fast paced environment lovely members of staff and enjoy working with the public staff discount is very good and always up to date with the latest fashions
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No breaks unless working over 6 hours
Poor staff treatment
Staff Discount (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
Working for New Look was a great experience and most colleagues were friendly. Although it was clique-y and the management was unfriendly and unapproachable. They didn’t treat employees equally as they had favourites. I’ve also witnessed employees being spoken to in a horrible way. Even though the job itself was fun and you learn a lot from it, I don’t think it’s worth working for someone like that.
Pros
40% Discount
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
I enjoyed working for new look and learnt a lot about customer service etc, however, the only problem to work at Eldon square was very poor management. Every time our manager got stressed she was taking it out on her employees, which was very unfair as most of us worked very hard and there was no reason for the manager to act that way. Another thing was that the manager wasn't understanding or trying to help, and to swap shifts etc because of an exam or doc app was always a massive problem and resulted in poor attitude from the manager. The colleagues were nice and kind and a lot of people have quit the job because of the rude and poor treatment.
Pros
learnt key skills and loved working with customers and on tills
Cons
very poor management
Suitable work for partime
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2018
Good workplace however the management are not understanding and do not consider other factors that affect working hours. Also are not understanding on when you ask for holidays as they select dates when you are allowed.
No communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire31 October 2018
Not a good place to work. Don't get a great deal of training before being left to yourself. Hard to ask for help due to language barriers. I left the company due to lack of training and then get a phone call from management asking where I am as not been in work for 2 weeks. Like I say there is no communication at all.

Long shifts and painful on your feet and the boots they supply are no where near suitable so buy your own.

Canteen was good though and some staff were great.
Pros
Cheap canteen, some great colleagues
Cons
Long hours, unsuitable boots, lack of communication and training
Difficult place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland31 October 2018
I found this a very difficult place to work as it felt like people did not understand my needs or abilities. I did however enjoy the job and what it entailed
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester24 October 2018
I was lucky too have a wonderful team of girls, i left due to wanting changes in my life. very lovely managment and a fun work place. we had a brilliant store and i loved helping customers.
Pros
50% discount for you and one other
Cons
4 hr shifts
nice people to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London24 October 2018
the job could be quite boring at times considering the area is quite quiet. the customers were sometimes nice or rude. overall wasn't too bad as a job.
Not the greatest place to work
Sales Advisor/Fitting Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough23 October 2018
Management are not the best, rather unprofessional to be honest, serious staffing issues and a real lack of understanding employees needs.
fast paced working environment with very high expectations working as a small team.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
too many to mention
Fun and good experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontefract17 October 2018
i was only at New look for a short while as i was a christmas temp. However, whilst there i did learn some new skills as all my past job experience was food this was something different. it was an extremly new experience for me working in retail but the staff made it fun. i learned newer skills like how the floor shop should be presented and how to help customers in the retail sense.
Fun and productive
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester17 October 2018
I loved my role at new look.
This was my first proper job and this is where I gained most of my customer service experience.
You gain many friends too. Great first job for anyone.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
min wage
Fun workplace
Retail (Current Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road16 October 2018
Friendly and fun colleagues made my experience at new Look quite fun but management needed improvement, always making me work on mens floor maintaining the shop floor, stock room, fitting rooms and tills all by myself
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Travel
Fast paced, challenging environment
Group Senior Visual Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 October 2018
Fast paced environment, each day is completely different. Enjoy the challenge but it can be very frustrating. Overall brand vision changes on a regular basis.
Good
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2018
Good company to work for. Salary could be better for the amount of work that is required but all round good company. Managers are good, staff are friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.