New Look Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 255 reviews matching the search See all 1,433 reviews
No communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire31 October 2018
Not a good place to work. Don't get a great deal of training before being left to yourself. Hard to ask for help due to language barriers. I left the company due to lack of training and then get a phone call from management asking where I am as not been in work for 2 weeks. Like I say there is no communication at all.

Long shifts and painful on your feet and the boots they supply are no where near suitable so buy your own.

Canteen was good though and some staff were great.
Pros
Cheap canteen, some great colleagues
Cons
Long hours, unsuitable boots, lack of communication and training
Fun workplace
Retail (Current Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road16 October 2018
Friendly and fun colleagues made my experience at new Look quite fun but management needed improvement, always making me work on mens floor maintaining the shop floor, stock room, fitting rooms and tills all by myself
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Travel
Good
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2018
Good company to work for. Salary could be better for the amount of work that is required but all round good company. Managers are good, staff are friendly.
new look
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire6 October 2018
new look is not a great place to work, that is why I am looking to find a new job with more suitable hours, some where closer to where I live and a company that would appreciate the hard work I put in when I am there.
Pros
working with some great colleagues and getting payed
Cons
long hours, management
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey5 October 2018
I would always be very busy at New Look with loads to do on the visual side of things.

Hours of work were good as worked around school

I enjoyed working with my team
Pros
40% discount
Cons
poor management and under appreciated
ok
Customer service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran28 September 2018
it was okay working for new look, i expected more and felt uncomfortable most of the time......... but on the other side you get good discount........
Culture is fast pace of change
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London and Weymouth25 September 2018
Fast pace of business change. Good colleagues and team environment. Many 'plates' to keep spinning in a demanding time constrained process. Strong Management team.
Pros
Good Social and team support
Cons
Holidays mean extra double workload and checking emails while away.
Ok
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton20 September 2018
At times can be fun if busy, but quieter periods could get boring with little work to do, depending on the department worked in, long days
Friendly work place
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Can be boring
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
Is a good company to work for so many benefits. Fun place to work for with such a great team and management. Enjoyable part was putting an outfit together for a customer.
fast paced work environment
Merchandising Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merchadising13 September 2018
All team aim for best results so typical day at work is very busy, lots of organisation required, lots meetings, little catch ups and trainings to attend
Pros
good training for new starters, fridays work day ends at 4pm
Cons
low salary
Motivating and Fun
N/A (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2018
- young and progressive company to work for
- Great after work life
- Employee care
- Clear progression planning
- Healthy work life
- Salary is ok.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Workington3 September 2018
Very fair place to work with lots of added benefits including a excellent discount. Learned how the world of retail works. The only downfall is working a lot around Christmas time effecting your social life.
Good friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 September 2018
Working at New Look, has had its perks, like staff discounts, however the pay wasn’t the best...I’d be getting paid £5.65 an hour and I’m s tudent trying to survive...it was really difficult and I felt myself struggling quite a lot. They don’t listen when you give them the time your able to work and how many hours you can do and they don’t give you many shifts if you ask for extra. They are a great company but that’s the only fault I can give them.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not paid enough
decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith28 August 2018
they can require you to do more than your paid to do, and expect you 100% commitment and willingness even if you have other priorities.
Make good friends
Managers can be really insensitive at times
no extra pay for bank holidays ect
Pros
decent pay
Cons
over 18s = no break for 6 hour shift
its a job
Sales Assistant/ visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 August 2018
used to feel valued until the company started struggling but now the atmosphere is moody and its a lot more stressfull. they expect so much for minimum wage and hardly any praise from above! Specialist, merchandisors get same wage as other staff even tho they have double the work
Pros
40% discount
Cons
expect too much for wages
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fleet13 August 2018
not the best pay, never much to do in the quiet sores apart from tidying clothes. never really any new responsabilities involved in the lower roles, good for a younger person
Typical Retail Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
It all depends on WHERE your branch is. I transferred and I enjoyed my former branch a lot more than my second due to management. Best part of the job was the discount. Great for part time work and if you're working full time be prepared to live and breathe New Look, it can get exhausting. Overall good experience.
Pros
Nice Team
Cons
Low pay compared to other stores.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at NewLook. Management were very welcoming and accommodating toward work life balance. Extra hours were always available to those who needed them which was an added bonus.
A productive and fun place to work.
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Harlow24 July 2018
Whilst I was working there it was certainly a joy to be part of such a fun and motivated team and everyone around me was so helpful and kind, not just towards each other but also towards there customers, and it really is such a good job to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London12 July 2018
Working at New Look, was a new experience compared to my work experience. Within the store, I was able to comunicate with colleagues easily, understand the work given by higher authorities and fullfilling the expectations surrounded by me. Despite the positivity around New Look, I was finding it hard to cope with my hours.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.