New Look Pay & Benefits reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
Is a good company to work for so many benefits. Fun place to work for with such a great team and management. Enjoyable part was putting an outfit together for a customer.
fast paced work environment
Merchandising Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merchadising13 September 2018
All team aim for best results so typical day at work is very busy, lots of organisation required, lots meetings, little catch ups and trainings to attend
Pros
good training for new starters, fridays work day ends at 4pm
Cons
low salary
Motivating and Fun
N/A (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2018
- young and progressive company to work for
- Great after work life
- Employee care
- Clear progression planning
- Healthy work life
- Salary is ok.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Workington3 September 2018
Very fair place to work with lots of added benefits including a excellent discount. Learned how the world of retail works. The only downfall is working a lot around Christmas time effecting your social life.
Good friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 September 2018
Working at New Look, has had its perks, like staff discounts, however the pay wasn’t the best...I’d be getting paid £5.65 an hour and I’m s tudent trying to survive...it was really difficult and I felt myself struggling quite a lot. They don’t listen when you give them the time your able to work and how many hours you can do and they don’t give you many shifts if you ask for extra. They are a great company but that’s the only fault I can give them.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not paid enough
decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith28 August 2018
they can require you to do more than your paid to do, and expect you 100% commitment and willingness even if you have other priorities.
Make good friends
Managers can be really insensitive at times
no extra pay for bank holidays ect
Pros
decent pay
Cons
over 18s = no break for 6 hour shift
its a job
Sales Assistant/ visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 August 2018
used to feel valued until the company started struggling but now the atmosphere is moody and its a lot more stressfull. they expect so much for minimum wage and hardly any praise from above! Specialist, merchandisors get same wage as other staff even tho they have double the work
Pros
40% discount
Cons
expect too much for wages
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fleet13 August 2018
not the best pay, never much to do in the quiet sores apart from tidying clothes. never really any new responsabilities involved in the lower roles, good for a younger person
Typical Retail Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
It all depends on WHERE your branch is. I transferred and I enjoyed my former branch a lot more than my second due to management. Best part of the job was the discount. Great for part time work and if you're working full time be prepared to live and breathe New Look, it can get exhausting. Overall good experience.
Pros
Nice Team
Cons
Low pay compared to other stores.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at NewLook. Management were very welcoming and accommodating toward work life balance. Extra hours were always available to those who needed them which was an added bonus.

Want to know more about New Look?

Ask a question
A productive and fun place to work.
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Harlow24 July 2018
Whilst I was working there it was certainly a joy to be part of such a fun and motivated team and everyone around me was so helpful and kind, not just towards each other but also towards there customers, and it really is such a good job to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London12 July 2018
Working at New Look, was a new experience compared to my work experience. Within the store, I was able to comunicate with colleagues easily, understand the work given by higher authorities and fullfilling the expectations surrounded by me. Despite the positivity around New Look, I was finding it hard to cope with my hours.
Pros
Friendly environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester29 June 2018
It such a great place to work. It can get very busy but it has a great team and management. Able to get a lot overtime hours. There are targets, such as new look cards and customer wow feedback.
Pros
40 Percent Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage
employees are great to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 June 2018
There is a limited amount of job rotation which leads to boredom quite quickly
however the perks at work are great, it offers a range of benefits that are great for everyone.
The management is quite poor and they tend to leave staff to do the most work load which is quite annoying.
Shifts tend to drag and insufficient breaks are given so you're standing for most of it which gets tiring
A Friendly place to work
Group Logistics & Supply Chain Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Weymouth/London/Stoke21 June 2018
I found New Look to be a friendly place to work.They are a very forward thinking company and often put the employees requirements/needs first.

like all companies management varies dependant on the person. I found that the flow of information coming down the line was ok but when trying to report up the chain it was closed off.

Hardest part of my job was working across many departments as the company is very splintered and many of the departments work in silo's doing there own thing.

Should New Look survive this period of difficult trading and debt. I would definitely recommend them and would also consider working there again.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits, Subsidised lunches and helpful work life balance
Cons
work in silo's, communication only comes down.
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns7 June 2018
within a typical day at Newlook it is a very busy and fun atmosphere. My job title is supervisor so i have gained a lot of management experience. The job has many benefits and offers a great work life balance.
the hardest part of the job would possibly be the centre that I was situated within the job as it was very quiet. the most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits of the staff discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
quiet
Retail
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2018
Fun and friendly atmosphere, managed to work my way up to management role, however there are difficulties completing tasks with the heavy workload and limited payroll.

Enjoyed meeting new people every day and experiencing something different every day. However, the unsociable hours at times can be difficult for a healthy work/life balance.

Never the less, managed to create great memories and gain experience.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
Low salary/heavy workload
Great individual stores
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland6 June 2018
Excellent place to work with good rate of pay and benefits. Very flexible hours to suit everyone with good opening and closing hours. There is a great teaching program.
Avoid like the Plague
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent6 June 2018
A work place where brutal work place bullying and racism is normative. Staff are treated like dirt by their managers and supervisors and the whole atmosphere is rats in a barrel. Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Working there
Happy with the experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chesterton5 June 2018
Had some missunderstandings with the employer so i leave this as only one downfall with the experience but much rewarding role and thumbs up for actual trust i was given by carrying the job on me own where i was able to plan my day at work,tasks and time when to carry them out wonderfall bond with the team members i worked with leaving me with nothing else but praise for my trainer and team member i was involved with top experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.