New Look Pay & Benefits reviews

Fun workplace
Retail (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 January 2018
Very enjoyable working at New Look because i was able to interact and communicate with members of staff as well as the customers in the shop. Also, the hours where flexible, which allowed me to have a social life and still make my deadlines for college which may have been due.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working Sundays
Wasn’t for me
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London3 January 2018
New look wasent the type of work place that I felt in my comfort zone in… it took over a lot of my social life as I was working long hours with no break then the same the next day, I never really had much time off.
Cons
Low wages, long hours
Nice workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 December 2017
Typically the job is quite repetitive and there isn't much to do but as a store the management are sometimes fair. The workplace culture is nice as new look tries to involve you in the company.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Repetition
Basic
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2017
You get seriously underpaid for what you do. You also get false promotions, where they promote you to a 'specialist' so you can have more responsibility and stress, but no pay rise. The hours are unstable, you may get 30 hours one week and 4 hours the next. I think this job is suitable if your just looking for a part time job to keep you busy through out the day, but definitely not suitable for career progression or actually being financially stable enough to survive in society without debt. The people I worked with were nice, but that along with the discount was probably the only good thing.
Pros
Discount (40%)
Cons
Everything else.
Great if you're young.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire8 November 2017
After the recent renduancies across the company, new looks turn around for staff has been horrdendous. Stretching stores to their absolute limit.

I have been in the company 4 years, and a supervisor for 2 years. Work life balance is no exsistant, working all the hours under the sun as we are short staffed, like many other stores in our region.

Every week there is new promotions or sales & window changes, the company expect so much from the team for such little pay and flexibility.

The job is absolutely perfect if you're young and want weekend work or when the company are having busy periods. Other than that DO NOT expect to be given a 30 hour contract if you're only a sales advisor. Low wage and low contracts are new looks downfall! And even to have a break you have to work over 6 hours if you're 18+ to be entitled to 30 minute lunch.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Breaks, long hours, no credit.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
work life was too much to handle extra hours
salary was low for the amount of work having to be done
security was good always on job
management bot good communication
Pros
discount
Cons
over working
Learning curve
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife30 October 2017
Was fun and learnt lots here, poor managment just worked a Sunday at the job whilst I was at school. Got 50% of clothes which was good. Was a nice perk of the job!
Pros
Paid lunch break, discount on clothes
Cons
Poor managment
would not reccomend
Sales Assistant - Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Exmouth19 October 2017
I Worked here as a Christmas temp and was told my pay would be late but was not bothered as was told they would keep me on after my temp duration. The current manager left and the offer of more work was retracted leaving my jobless and I was only paid for 1/3 of my hours and never saw the money.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad shift patterns, dont pay
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Church Street18 October 2017
Really good and enjoyable work environment. helps engage with customers and deal with them appropriately. Good team work. It was really tiring due to the long working hours.
not great
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire16 October 2017
Low pay
unfriendly staff
don't like it when you ask for help
often don't finish on time
wasn't any training before you started the job
discount on clothes
intresting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenford12 October 2017
hours where never balanced, they varied to much for my liking. pay was no where near enough to cover my bills. however the staff where great and very easy to get on with.
Produtcitve and fun but long hours and weird shifts
Sales (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham9 October 2017
Good place to work, but the hours are funny. They can be long, especially over Christmas time. Then before you know it they’re cut short the next week. Depending on what store and what management team they can be helpful with a work/life balance however at the minute it is hard to cope with.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Weekly hours vary, no security
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrow25 September 2017
A typical day at work is long queues, angry customers because of low staff. Ive learnt how to handle difficult customers, to give excellent customer service by going the extra mile. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with friendly staff.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours no breaks before 6 hours
A job only took for money
Stockroom Specialist and sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham20 September 2017
I only took this job for money, whilst I did have a good laugh with my colleagues I can't really do much else, low hours, low pay and never a job that excited me I just wanted out from day 1.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, nice city to work in.
Cons
Everything else
Repetitive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford15 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Newlook for the majority of the time, however i felt that the job became very repetitive, and my passion was fading over the duration of time.
Pros
50% discount, friendly customer
Cons
Wasnt given enough hours
very dull and no atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City9 September 2017
i spent a very short time here as a Christmas temp, so didnt really get to experience a lot of the ins and outs of the place as i wasn't kept of, just the normal christmas temp s#!t to be fair with you
Pros
50% discount
Cons
felt very lonley at times, as i was only a Christmas temp and felt undervalued
Waste of time.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London9 September 2017
The only thing good about this place is that because they never had enough hours, it didn't effect your outside of work life. However for those of you that need hours, its not beneficial.
Pros
Doesn't control your life.
Cons
No hours.
Fun place
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire7 September 2017
Amazing place to work.
Many good points but very long hours for not much money. The staff were very nice and the discount was very rewarding. The shop itself is a great shop to work
Pros
The staff discount
good benefits but boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 September 2017
very boring repetative job but great benefits, such as 50% off.

i was only offered 4 hours a week. worked with lovely staff but managemnet seem very unorganised. I always found out my hours the night before i was working, even after asking my manager for them
Pros
50% off
Cons
hardly any hours
Shocking
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire6 September 2017
Did a year apprenticeship passed the qualification after 4 months however £2.60 an hour i was being paid had to continue for the full year. After that I was offered a 4 hour contract... diabolical
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.