New Look Pay & Benefits reviews

fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns7 June 2018
within a typical day at Newlook it is a very busy and fun atmosphere. My job title is supervisor so i have gained a lot of management experience. The job has many benefits and offers a great work life balance.
the hardest part of the job would possibly be the centre that I was situated within the job as it was very quiet. the most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits of the staff discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
quiet
Retail
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2018
Fun and friendly atmosphere, managed to work my way up to management role, however there are difficulties completing tasks with the heavy workload and limited payroll.

Enjoyed meeting new people every day and experiencing something different every day. However, the unsociable hours at times can be difficult for a healthy work/life balance.

Never the less, managed to create great memories and gain experience.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
Low salary/heavy workload
Great individual stores
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland6 June 2018
Excellent place to work with good rate of pay and benefits. Very flexible hours to suit everyone with good opening and closing hours. There is a great teaching program.
Avoid like the Plague
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent6 June 2018
A work place where brutal work place bullying and racism is normative. Staff are treated like dirt by their managers and supervisors and the whole atmosphere is rats in a barrel. Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Working there
Happy with the experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chesterton5 June 2018
Had some missunderstandings with the employer so i leave this as only one downfall with the experience but much rewarding role and thumbs up for actual trust i was given by carrying the job on me own where i was able to plan my day at work,tasks and time when to carry them out wonderfall bond with the team members i worked with leaving me with nothing else but praise for my trainer and team member i was involved with top experience
Fun workplace, staff member were all friendly
Sale adviser (Former Employee) –  Crawley4 June 2018
working in New Looked helped me learn many different skills and different experiences. Working within a team, communicating to each other and learning how to stay calm under pressure.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
depending on the store it can be okay
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey1 June 2018
the store i worked at was under staffed and no one seemed to care, we were always under so much stress because everything was crazy messy. the shop its self was disgusting as we didn't have a cleaner and we never had time to clean it our selves. The cleaning cupboard was a disgrace we never had any cleaning equipment so wasn't able to clean anyways. management was nasty and lazy but people higher then them didn't seem to care that they didn't do their job properly. staff left within 3 months some just stopped turning up as the pressure and stress of the job was not worth it, it is minimum wage with no extra pay on bank holidays except boxing day and maybe new years.
Pros
40% discount after 3 months
Cons
long hours, no extra pay for bank holidays
New Look is a fair place to work in
sales assistant/supervisor (Former Employee) –  County Tyrone31 May 2018
New look is a very busy environment and are open seven days a week. part time contracts consist of four hour shifts with no breaks. minimum wage pay. i enjoyed the staff discount.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
no breaks for part time shifts.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford28 May 2018
A new look is a place where they expect to work every hour under the sun. as our store opening, ours are from 10:00 to 20:00.
They don't let you take holiday in December which is very important for me as I go and see my family.

however, the staff is all very friendly. and it does give you experience.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Long hours and weekend shifts
fun but challenging environment with limited progression routes and unsociable hours the norm.
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside23 May 2018
I enjoy the work and the people involved in my immediate team. however the company has no clear path and consistency, priorities change daily and this seems too unstable. working hours are always to fluid and anti social also. There seems to be a lack of structure at times.
There are enjoyable parts to the role but a new challenge is needed at times with benefits that represent the effort put in by employees recognised.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford23 May 2018
Working with no lunch at times was quite hard, which didn't help with ensuring the job was completed efficiently at all times. However, working within a team made the shift go quicker. Also felt that the salary did not reflect on the tasks at hand.
hard place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  glas23 May 2018
the managers that I worked under weren't the best to work under - the rest of the staff were a breath of fresh air and enjoyed working there most of the time. leading up to Christmas was the worst with the long hours and managers not giving sufficient breaks
ok
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock23 April 2018
its ok for working in retail just not great money or hrs. there is not much benefits of working here and no appreciation for the work and years spent here.
Pros
money off newlook iteams.
wasnt the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford19 April 2018
I liked the experience working at new look as it was my first retail job but I did not like working for the new look store because I felt they were very unorganised.
Pros
no pros
great team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down16 April 2018
company is great to work for with good benefits
academy to help learn and grown within the company
plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and become department specialists.
Pros
discount
Cons
last minute communication
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast20 March 2018
Friendly staff, the management team are encouraging and helpful at all times. Always try to work things around other commitments such as school or if you have another job. Good company benefits. Rewards for hard work.
I only did work experience.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Maidstone14 March 2018
I only did work experience at New Look. It was a good first experience within the retail sector. Nice management, good breaks, productive work days, there's never nothing to do.
Hard work
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld13 March 2018
As a day can be very busy, be prepared to be on your feet all day and not get that much of a break. It is rewarding, but in terms of starters salary, it can get burdensome.
Ok
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme8 March 2018
If u want full time work all year round then no point working here after Xmas they lay most agency off and them who they keep only get 12 to 24 hours aweek for 4 months work load is really high for what u get paid as most staff struggle to hit targets pickers have clocked up 20 miles a day and still can't hit them most team leaders r really good apart from a hand full who r all on 1 shift
Pros
Free hot drinks from vendind machines
Cons
12 hours but seems to fly 1
Fast paced
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride5 March 2018
New look is a fast paced environment to work in. Everyday was different but due to the nature of the business sales and promotions were often sent to us the day before launch which affected the work/life balance. Management are paid well. There is lots of benifts with the company such as discounts, enrolment in an academy and good annual leave.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work/life balance