New Look Management reviews

Found 431 reviews matching the search See all 1,432 reviews
rude managers
sales adviser (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, UK7 December 2018
management treat you poorly, don't care about anyone's well being they are rude and disrespectful. The store is messy and dirty hasnt been cleaned in ages.
Pros
discount
Cons
awful managment
Terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire21 November 2018
Work extremely hard with no recognition from management whatsoever. Management team are very unprofessional and are not welcoming at all. They are two faced and will talk behind your back. The pay is rubbish for the amount of physical work they expect from you.
Pros
new store
Cons
poor pay hard labour
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire12 November 2018
Was good job i like work for new look I learned to work well with the team and the management was good for the staff I recommend working in new look it's great work
All-round awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex8 November 2018
I found that New Look was poorly managed and the shifts were always released last minute. The sales assistants would always get blamed for anything that happened - including the customers stealing items, even though we were told to let them go because our "safety" was more important. Twice I was threatened by customers while working there - the first time, i had a man threaten to stab me, and the second time, i had a man threaten to sexually assault me. I went home in tears both times, and the managers didn't do anything to assure my safety. I was paid terribly, and i was on a 4 hour contract, but was working almost 30 hours a week, while also studying at college. They really didn't care about any other commitments, and would be furious if you couldn't take a shift.
Pros
A few other lovely sales assistants, and 50% discount on products.
Cons
Everything.
Poor managerial skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Magherafelt, County Londonderry5 November 2018
Everyone in this work place is extremely miserable due to no managerial skills what so ever. Any personal issues staff members have is publised to the whole workplace. Favouritism also within this shop which is felt by everyone. Alongside this no matter how much you do for this place, it is never recognised nor credit given..
Pros
Staff discount, supervisors provide great support, sales advisor friends
Cons
No managerial skills, unprofessional, not confidential, any issues with staff publised, thr.
Poor staff treatment
Staff Discount (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
Working for New Look was a great experience and most colleagues were friendly. Although it was clique-y and the management was unfriendly and unapproachable. They didn’t treat employees equally as they had favourites. I’ve also witnessed employees being spoken to in a horrible way. Even though the job itself was fun and you learn a lot from it, I don’t think it’s worth working for someone like that.
Pros
40% Discount
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
I enjoyed working for new look and learnt a lot about customer service etc, however, the only problem to work at Eldon square was very poor management. Every time our manager got stressed she was taking it out on her employees, which was very unfair as most of us worked very hard and there was no reason for the manager to act that way. Another thing was that the manager wasn't understanding or trying to help, and to swap shifts etc because of an exam or doc app was always a massive problem and resulted in poor attitude from the manager. The colleagues were nice and kind and a lot of people have quit the job because of the rude and poor treatment.
Pros
learnt key skills and loved working with customers and on tills
Cons
very poor management
Suitable work for partime
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2018
Good workplace however the management are not understanding and do not consider other factors that affect working hours. Also are not understanding on when you ask for holidays as they select dates when you are allowed.
No communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire31 October 2018
Not a good place to work. Don't get a great deal of training before being left to yourself. Hard to ask for help due to language barriers. I left the company due to lack of training and then get a phone call from management asking where I am as not been in work for 2 weeks. Like I say there is no communication at all.

Long shifts and painful on your feet and the boots they supply are no where near suitable so buy your own.

Canteen was good though and some staff were great.
Pros
Cheap canteen, some great colleagues
Cons
Long hours, unsuitable boots, lack of communication and training
Not the greatest place to work
Sales Advisor/Fitting Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough23 October 2018
Management are not the best, rather unprofessional to be honest, serious staffing issues and a real lack of understanding employees needs.
fast paced working environment with very high expectations working as a small team.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
too many to mention
Fun workplace
Retail (Current Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road16 October 2018
Friendly and fun colleagues made my experience at new Look quite fun but management needed improvement, always making me work on mens floor maintaining the shop floor, stock room, fitting rooms and tills all by myself
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Travel
new look
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire6 October 2018
new look is not a great place to work, that is why I am looking to find a new job with more suitable hours, some where closer to where I live and a company that would appreciate the hard work I put in when I am there.
Pros
working with some great colleagues and getting payed
Cons
long hours, management
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey5 October 2018
I would always be very busy at New Look with loads to do on the visual side of things.

Hours of work were good as worked around school

I enjoyed working with my team
Pros
40% discount
Cons
poor management and under appreciated
rubbish
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire26 September 2018
not good atall!!!!!!!!!
I worked here and its like robots here theirs no joy atall in this job!
in and out that's it as I said robots even the cantine is rubbish
Culture is fast pace of change
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London and Weymouth25 September 2018
Fast pace of business change. Good colleagues and team environment. Many 'plates' to keep spinning in a demanding time constrained process. Strong Management team.
Pros
Good Social and team support
Cons
Holidays mean extra double workload and checking emails while away.
terrible
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Widnes25 September 2018
the manager at the time was a real dictator and literally did nothing apart form boss and bully people
the hours were terrible being that sometimes i wouldnt leave till after midnight
fun and productive workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull18 September 2018
A typical day at work would be either on the till, in the stock room, cleaning the shop floor or fitting room.
I learned how to deal and communicate with customers.
Management were supportive.
The work place overall is a lovely place to work.
The hardest part of the job would be complaints or unhappy customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making work friends.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough breaks
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
Is a good company to work for so many benefits. Fun place to work for with such a great team and management. Enjoyable part was putting an outfit together for a customer.
great if you have right team/manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Goole11 September 2018
I worked there for 9 years & mostly loved it...however when you get an area manager that likes to stir the pot & a new young impressionable manager that's easily led trouble brews!
company on a whole good however they change there minds on rules from one week to the next!!
discount is great ...work/home balance is ok too
training is different in every store depends on management!
Pros
discount
Cons
manager/rule cahnges
Very enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shields10 September 2018
New Look was one of the best places I ever worked. The management were fun and not too stressed making the work environment better. Does get stressful but most retail jobs are. Sometimes it was very understaffed making it harder but it was manageable. Managements sometimes had favorites but the 40% discount was very good (sometimes 50% due to special offers) friends and family have 25% off and holidays are very good. Pay was amazing for people my age. 16 year olds on £5.90 and 18 years olds on £7.38. Only issue was that the rotas were put up very last minute making it hard to plan your life.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Last minute rota

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.