New Look Management reviews

Typical Retail Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
It all depends on WHERE your branch is. I transferred and I enjoyed my former branch a lot more than my second due to management. Best part of the job was the discount. Great for part time work and if you're working full time be prepared to live and breathe New Look, it can get exhausting. Overall good experience.
Pros
Nice Team
Cons
Low pay compared to other stores.
Excellent
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames9 August 2018
Management always supportive and approachable, others colleagues always there to help with tasks , good atmosphere, fast past two days never the same !
Pros
Great work environment
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at NewLook. Management were very welcoming and accommodating toward work life balance. Extra hours were always available to those who needed them which was an added bonus.
Don't Bother!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 August 2018
So I've worked for new look for almost a year and honestly it's been a rollercoaster. You don't get acknowledged by management for keeping the shop presentable and practically running the floor because everyone else working there seems to 'disappear'. The sale here is ridiculously big and sometimes you're expected to tidy it by yourself. No rotation of staff at all. You'll be on one department for your whole shift and if you're lucky you'll move after you've had a break.

Management change your shift without giving you notice and expect you to know so when you don't turn up they call you moaning at you. If you're feeling unwell during your shift you will not be sent home as you are expected to work it.

3 month probation period is rubbish, don't be unwell they will sack you!!! It's happened recently and it'll happen again.
There isn't a pro-life balance because you WILL BE WORKING EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!! The hours are great until they rota you on every weekend and barely any weekday shifts. Management will rota you on days when you are unavailable.

As a student they will not think about you twice. You won't be able to complete coursework well before the due date because they will bombard you with hours.

There's more but I think you'll find that out yourself if you work there.
Pros
Paid holidays, 40% discount
Cons
The team, management, long hours
Very good workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor4 August 2018
overall New Look was a great place to work. The shop was managed well and the staff, in this case, were friendly and welcoming. In general the only downfall of this job was due to the location outside of Bangor, it was difficult to get to.
A friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 July 2018
Friendly staff and management.
Training was completed immediately meaning I was able to complete many tasks within my first shift.
Very chilled and casual work environment.
Good working environment .
Sales advisor and department specialist. (Current Employee) –  Hereford27 July 2018
Working at NewLook has helped develop my skills in customer service. I feel like a valued part of the team who is appreciated by my management as I always try to go above and beyond for them to help achieve the best performance for myself and the company. Working in Newlook gave me the opportunity to combine both my passions of fashion and beauty, which is something I love doing!
Pros
Working in fashion and beauty.
Cons
Long hours.
minimum wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chichester18 July 2018
New Look provides a great environment to work in, the management are lovely and very accommodating. What feels a shame about working here is the lack of large contracts and with minimum wage you do a lot of work without much pay off.
the job is great if the people you work with are lovely, which they usually are. the essence of team work within the company is lovely, and team meetings are always more like friends chatting than an official meeting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
often out late
Wouldn't recommend
Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 July 2018
Not happy, management aren't great and it's really hard to have a work-life balance. Best part of the job is the girls who work there who are all lovely, but team are not appreciated as much as they should be.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
management
productive and fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth13 July 2018
A typical day at work would include doing many different type of jobs from working on the till point to moving the room around with management. What i have learnt is how to be able to do many different jobs at the same time to keep to schedule and also the place approachable. Management were very good at being part of the team as they would do all the same jobs as just sales assistants therefore being able to help us on the shop floor. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep to schedule when there was a small amount of staff on and the best part was learning so many skills in a short space of time.
Pros
% off
Cons
too short hours
Fun environment, poor management.
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dereham8 July 2018
Most mangers are under the age of 27 so they think they are the bees knees, great discount for yourself and one other person, can be very two face environment and clicky gangs about. Hours are nice and can plan a life around your job,
Pros
Hours
Cons
Bad management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester29 June 2018
It such a great place to work. It can get very busy but it has a great team and management. Able to get a lot overtime hours. There are targets, such as new look cards and customer wow feedback.
Pros
40 Percent Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage
employees are great to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 June 2018
There is a limited amount of job rotation which leads to boredom quite quickly
however the perks at work are great, it offers a range of benefits that are great for everyone.
The management is quite poor and they tend to leave staff to do the most work load which is quite annoying.
Shifts tend to drag and insufficient breaks are given so you're standing for most of it which gets tiring
A Friendly place to work
Group Logistics & Supply Chain Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Weymouth/London/Stoke21 June 2018
I found New Look to be a friendly place to work.They are a very forward thinking company and often put the employees requirements/needs first.

like all companies management varies dependant on the person. I found that the flow of information coming down the line was ok but when trying to report up the chain it was closed off.

Hardest part of my job was working across many departments as the company is very splintered and many of the departments work in silo's doing there own thing.

Should New Look survive this period of difficult trading and debt. I would definitely recommend them and would also consider working there again.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits, Subsidised lunches and helpful work life balance
Cons
work in silo's, communication only comes down.
newlook
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire18 June 2018
A typical day for me was doing delivery counting in click and collects for customers dealing with customer orders and the day to day running of the store.

I have learnt throughout my retail service that customers always come first; to multitask and to work as a team with work colleagues.

The management was absolutely fantastic at new look. They were professional, helpful and supportive and open to any suggestions that were made by staff.

The workplace culture was very friendly, approachable, driven and motivating.

The hardest part of the job was having to hear about the closure of the New Look store in Telford.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers and advising them on outfit requirements.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
No break for 6 hours work
Forget work life balance
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 June 2018
The staff is lovely and friendly, always willing to help.
Everything else though isn't great. You only get a break if you work more than 6 hours. And any ideas about a pro-life balance can be forgotten, cause management will constantly be changing the rota and f*** up your plans. I've had several run ins about shifts with management, and they're forever quoting the contract back at me. Pay isn't great for what is expected of you. Also, all the essential training has to be done in your own time, not at work, including H&S training, so make sure you look for the fire exits yourself, no one is going to point them out.
Pros
People
Cons
No break, bad pay, no work-life balance
Great as extra money wouldnt like to work permanently
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow14 June 2018
Initially loved the job as learned a lot about fashion and enjoyed working with public. Days especially at weekends were busy which did bring a quick day or serving on the tills, fixing racks, fitting room work or stock room checks. Staffing could be better for the most part a the floor was busy with very little people on making it more difficult to achieve full customer satisfaction. Management at the time was up and down depending on who worked with you, but for the mos part was workable but at that point became very rarely enjoyable due to being asked too much of you at the one time.
Pros
Money off in store for uniform
Cons
Didnt have the best experience especially with pay
An easy place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim13 June 2018
It’s an easy place to work but sometimes it can get overwhelming with customers and sometimes managers aren’t the best. they’re not very supportive and not very motivating unless you’re the best at what you’re doing. managers have favourites on only takes them into consideration. Very long hours with only 1 hour break (not enough personally if you’re doing a 9 hour shift)
Cons
Managers can be bad and they’re very unorganised.
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns7 June 2018
within a typical day at Newlook it is a very busy and fun atmosphere. My job title is supervisor so i have gained a lot of management experience. The job has many benefits and offers a great work life balance.
the hardest part of the job would possibly be the centre that I was situated within the job as it was very quiet. the most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits of the staff discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
quiet
Retail
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2018
Fun and friendly atmosphere, managed to work my way up to management role, however there are difficulties completing tasks with the heavy workload and limited payroll.

Enjoyed meeting new people every day and experiencing something different every day. However, the unsociable hours at times can be difficult for a healthy work/life balance.

Never the less, managed to create great memories and gain experience.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
Low salary/heavy workload