New Look Management reviews

new look
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire6 October 2018
new look is not a great place to work, that is why I am looking to find a new job with more suitable hours, some where closer to where I live and a company that would appreciate the hard work I put in when I am there.
Pros
working with some great colleagues and getting payed
Cons
long hours, management
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey5 October 2018
I would always be very busy at New Look with loads to do on the visual side of things.

Hours of work were good as worked around school

I enjoyed working with my team
Pros
40% discount
Cons
poor management and under appreciated
rubbish
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire26 September 2018
not good atall!!!!!!!!!
I worked here and its like robots here theirs no joy atall in this job!
in and out that's it as I said robots even the cantine is rubbish
Culture is fast pace of change
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London and Weymouth25 September 2018
Fast pace of business change. Good colleagues and team environment. Many 'plates' to keep spinning in a demanding time constrained process. Strong Management team.
Pros
Good Social and team support
Cons
Holidays mean extra double workload and checking emails while away.
terrible
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Widnes25 September 2018
the manager at the time was a real dictator and literally did nothing apart form boss and bully people
the hours were terrible being that sometimes i wouldnt leave till after midnight
fun and productive workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull18 September 2018
A typical day at work would be either on the till, in the stock room, cleaning the shop floor or fitting room.
I learned how to deal and communicate with customers.
Management were supportive.
The work place overall is a lovely place to work.
The hardest part of the job would be complaints or unhappy customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making work friends.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough breaks
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
Is a good company to work for so many benefits. Fun place to work for with such a great team and management. Enjoyable part was putting an outfit together for a customer.
great if you have right team/manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Goole11 September 2018
I worked there for 9 years & mostly loved it...however when you get an area manager that likes to stir the pot & a new young impressionable manager that's easily led trouble brews!
company on a whole good however they change there minds on rules from one week to the next!!
discount is great ...work/home balance is ok too
training is different in every store depends on management!
Pros
discount
Cons
manager/rule cahnges
Very enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shields10 September 2018
New Look was one of the best places I ever worked. The management were fun and not too stressed making the work environment better. Does get stressful but most retail jobs are. Sometimes it was very understaffed making it harder but it was manageable. Managements sometimes had favorites but the 40% discount was very good (sometimes 50% due to special offers) friends and family have 25% off and holidays are very good. Pay was amazing for people my age. 16 year olds on £5.90 and 18 years olds on £7.38. Only issue was that the rotas were put up very last minute making it hard to plan your life.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Last minute rota
Bullying is plentiful
Former key colleague (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire1 September 2018
Targets are a joke
Management don't listen
If you're on the agency you are treated like scum
Practically forced to take overtime , threatened if not can't believe I wasted 4 years there
it was pretty good
Sales Assistant temp (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire27 August 2018
I just don't care for fashion, but the over all impression i got was that it was ok and ok. please stop telling me to type more i really dont want to.
Pros
easy job
Cons
fashion is pap
Meeting new people
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride16 August 2018
Greeting customers and making sure their time spent in the shop is the best experience as possible, making them want to return. I learned how to deal with customers with issues regarding clothing i.e returns, size guides, fashion options and offers available to get the best value for money. The management don't seem to have much teaching ability to someone who has just left school and isn't sure of what to expect and do. the hardest part of the job was selling store cards as many people at my time in the store didn't seem to feel that was a great option. especially without proper training it was hard to sell a product you were not fully shown. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and a wide range of people. From school leavers to adults learning from people who have been in your position before and know how it works.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Short hours
Typical Retail Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
It all depends on WHERE your branch is. I transferred and I enjoyed my former branch a lot more than my second due to management. Best part of the job was the discount. Great for part time work and if you're working full time be prepared to live and breathe New Look, it can get exhausting. Overall good experience.
Pros
Nice Team
Cons
Low pay compared to other stores.
Excellent
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames9 August 2018
Management always supportive and approachable, others colleagues always there to help with tasks , good atmosphere, fast past two days never the same !
Pros
Great work environment
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at NewLook. Management were very welcoming and accommodating toward work life balance. Extra hours were always available to those who needed them which was an added bonus.
Don't Bother!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 August 2018
So I've worked for new look for almost a year and honestly it's been a rollercoaster. You don't get acknowledged by management for keeping the shop presentable and practically running the floor because everyone else working there seems to 'disappear'. The sale here is ridiculously big and sometimes you're expected to tidy it by yourself. No rotation of staff at all. You'll be on one department for your whole shift and if you're lucky you'll move after you've had a break.

Management change your shift without giving you notice and expect you to know so when you don't turn up they call you moaning at you. If you're feeling unwell during your shift you will not be sent home as you are expected to work it.

3 month probation period is rubbish, don't be unwell they will sack you!!! It's happened recently and it'll happen again.
There isn't a pro-life balance because you WILL BE WORKING EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!! The hours are great until they rota you on every weekend and barely any weekday shifts. Management will rota you on days when you are unavailable.

As a student they will not think about you twice. You won't be able to complete coursework well before the due date because they will bombard you with hours.

There's more but I think you'll find that out yourself if you work there.
Pros
Paid holidays, 40% discount
Cons
The team, management, long hours
Very good workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor4 August 2018
overall New Look was a great place to work. The shop was managed well and the staff, in this case, were friendly and welcoming. In general the only downfall of this job was due to the location outside of Bangor, it was difficult to get to.
A friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 July 2018
Friendly staff and management.
Training was completed immediately meaning I was able to complete many tasks within my first shift.
Very chilled and casual work environment.
Good working environment .
Sales advisor and department specialist. (Current Employee) –  Hereford27 July 2018
Working at NewLook has helped develop my skills in customer service. I feel like a valued part of the team who is appreciated by my management as I always try to go above and beyond for them to help achieve the best performance for myself and the company. Working in Newlook gave me the opportunity to combine both my passions of fashion and beauty, which is something I love doing!
Pros
Working in fashion and beauty.
Cons
Long hours.
minimum wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chichester18 July 2018
New Look provides a great environment to work in, the management are lovely and very accommodating. What feels a shame about working here is the lack of large contracts and with minimum wage you do a lot of work without much pay off.
the job is great if the people you work with are lovely, which they usually are. the essence of team work within the company is lovely, and team meetings are always more like friends chatting than an official meeting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
often out late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.