New Look Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

What a place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire13 March 2018
Totally un fit dog mess of employers, sack you for anything and cover up bullying by their team management I would recommend you stay away
To many covered holidays for management
Don't get ill or you will get sacked
Get bullied for any disability or your appearance
Pros
ok for gossip
Cons
Totally brown runny stuff management
Ok
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme8 March 2018
If u want full time work all year round then no point working here after Xmas they lay most agency off and them who they keep only get 12 to 24 hours aweek for 4 months work load is really high for what u get paid as most staff struggle to hit targets pickers have clocked up 20 miles a day and still can't hit them most team leaders r really good apart from a hand full who r all on 1 shift
Pros
Free hot drinks from vendind machines
Cons
12 hours but seems to fly 1
Operative
Drivers mate/ warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent20 February 2018
It's a very busy environment fast paced and long hours but good pay, also nice people to meet. The canteen is clean and good food great service and attitude.
Pros
No free lunch
great job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 January 2018
This role involved using a PDA to locate stock, assemble orders and prepare for dispatch. This was a team role with
targets and deadlines whilst following company health and safety practices
New Look.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent5 January 2018
Would start at 6am, clock on the machine, work on my work station which I would have being assigned too, carry out all my work duties, sorting and boxing into containers for store shipments. clock of at 6pm ready for the next 12 hour shift.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Temporary.
rude
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2017
terrible place to work they mess you around with wages they speak to you like a peice of dirt on the bottom of there shoe will never work or advise anyone to work here
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire31 October 2017
If you like being treated like piece of trash than it's just a perfect place for you. It was definitely the worst place I've ever worked in and would never want to relive it again. First of all management/ team leaders feel very much above everyone else and treat you like you are their property... Once my packing performance was low so the team leader started shouting at me in front of 60 other people ! You will be doing one thing for 12 hours a day so better get prepared mentally as after a few days you starts to feel like a robot. Great thing is that no-one knows peoples' names and they call you by your number, I guess there is only one other place that did that which cones to mind...
Hours are difficult l, but the anount of brakes and "no sitting" rule are worse.
Some collegues are great but the others will go to team leaders to tell on you when you for ex. are speaking to your collegue during shift... It's worse than a kindergarden . If you have sny other choice I highly reccommend staying away from this place
Pros
Cons
Attitude, atmosphere, hours
Very well organised company
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire26 September 2017
Its a brilliant company to work for with great people. the managers help you to make your work life much easier. The shift format is brilliant and you make good progress. a great company if you want to climb the ladder.
Pros
good breaks, good shift arrangement, easy work
Cons
Stuck up nobodies for the most part.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire2 August 2017
A good amount of workers speak poor English then have the nerve to get annoyed at the trainee When things go wrong!

The key workers can't be bothered enough to sort out disorganization
(workers who think they own the place and other people) !
Pros
met some really good trainees'
Cons
long hours, anita, underpaid
Hanging
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire4 July 2017
I'm hard worker and very friendly with each other and I always happy for my job And I learn so fast I interest people who have fun with me I galed to be working with amazon
A clean well managed warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 June 2017
A clean well managed warehouse with high demands but realistic targets set daily, a secure job with great satisfaction and acknowledgement of a job done well.
Worst job I ever had.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire25 June 2017
Soul destroying.
I would rather starve than go back there.
Treated like slaves.
Horrible hours.
Have to go through an evil agency (TRS) to get on, normally they have you for a few months then lay you off so they don't have to give you a contract and just get more people from the job center, really corrupt.
Companies like this are what is wrong with the country.
If you can work anywhere else, do that, working at newlook warehouse is bad for you, eats away at you inside, it's no kind of life.
Pros
none. none at all.
Cons
long hours, vile petty managers who all contradict one another and are on a constant power trip, the list is endless
stay away
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme12 June 2017
4 on 4 off 12 hr shifts nights, drained the life out of me. Absolutely mind numbing work. If your face doesn't fit then don't expect to progress up the ranks. Thankless and over aggressive management.
not allowed to book holidays over Christmas. depending what shift pattern your on depends what discipline action is taken, days get away with things that nights get disciplined for CONSTANTLY.
Pros
Cons
Loads
Easy Work, but alot of people back stabbing
Warehouse Colleague (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 June 2017
The work was easy and training was relevantly easy to pick up.

The management on the other side were always so picky.
It is a 24/7-365 days working environment but the bosses (who just push pens and sit drinking tea/coffee always expect the place to be spotless..... You're team would receive a snotty email regards the smallest piece of rubbish on the floor with a photo and basically getting told to sort it!

Also higher ranked colleagues seem to grass you up for the smallest of things so they can get 'brownie' points for doing it.

Also some of the colleagues that work there are so childish its unbelievable, people getting reported and actually losing jobs because of alleged bullying even though it is just strict management when people didnt do the jobs correctly and you are always going back correcting mistakes.
Pros
Easy Work - progressive pay levels
Cons
Snotty Management, Pathetic colleagues
My time at
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire19 January 2017
There isn't really much I can tell you all I can say is I enjoyed my time at new look but I wasn't there for long as it was just for the Xmas period I was only there for about 2 months.
fun place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  despatch16 October 2016
I have learnt how to co-ordinate stock to meet demands for delivery.
collate categorize stock.
new look is a fast paced warehouse and requires people with speed and dedication to carry out there daily tasks. which I do enjoy as we have lots of fun in the process.
Pros
once you achieve your contact, you will be give a discount card after probation period is over allowing you upto 50% off clothes.
Cons
getting up at 4am and working till 6pm, extremley heavy lifting on a daily basis.
My job
Warehouse Operative Wrehouse coleague (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent21 August 2016
I like my job, i like the work in the warehouse, i working for New Look now but i need to change my job because my boyfriend still working in Aberdeen and he has 10 years here !
Busy and productive workplace
Stockroom/Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford17 July 2016
I sorted out jewellery, arranged the price tags and size order of their garments, served customers with their requests, I worked in a team really well and was also very well self-controlled having delighting feedback especially from the older generation. Due to my successful abilities working with this placement, my boss informed my school by writing my great efforts on a report for them.
Rinse and repeat
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme24 May 2016
It's the same thing everyday, it's boring, easy and not exciting.

Once you learn everything, that's it. Carry out work like a robot.

I've been with the company for almost four years, in that time I've seen the company go downhill in performance, quality, teamwork and communication.

There use to be maintenance days every saturday to maintain the machines, but now they are once per season. Because of that the machines keep breaking down, then we are waiting around for ages for the engineers to 'bodge fix it'.

Budget cut's have pretty much ruined the workflow and manangement turn a blind eye to everything that happens in the warehouse.

When the company has inspections, everything untidy gets place into a 40ft wagon, like putting everything under the rug.

I am beside myself and wish to find a better job.

I use to enjoy the job when there was challenges and plenty of work.
Now it is 6 hours worth of work mixed with 6 hours waiting on a 12 hour shift.
Four night shifts then four days off and then rinse and repeat.
Pros
50% discount card for use in stores
Cons
Poor management, poor workflow and poor quality
Warehouse Colleague (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme27 April 2016
Some of my bosses were good but I have a good team of my co-workers. They are very helpful and I enjoy the work along with that team.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long and continuous standing job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.