New Look Employee Reviews for Supervisor

gret
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex18 January 2018
Great, friendly, lovely staff and management. Only reason I left was for more hours.
Very generous staff perks and incentives, lots to keep you motivated.
Lovely people, terrible company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I have worked in several New Look stores over the past two years, and I can say that the people are truly lovely. However the company is completely disorganised. This is reflected in some stores more than others. My current store is understaffed, disorganised, and unclean - which is not good for health and safety.
Pros
40% discount if you like the clothes.
Cons
Too demanding. Unable to take a lunch break sometimes in busy periods.
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mold, Flintshire19 October 2017
very good work ethic on a day to day basis. great concept in the way all stores are laid out the same which makes it easier if you out covering other stores
Pros
discount
live atomosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London29 September 2017
the most enjoyable part is talking to customers while serving and gettin them to open store cards help u meet ur work targets also having that friendliness with staff as well as customers

i have learned to do my job with passion of moving up

as a management hardest part is making sure the staff and customers both r happy with you
Pros
extra hours to work
Cons
turn footfall into conversion
Not considerate of staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London7 September 2017
expectations are too high for the wages you get paid. Head office and higher statuses are not very considerate of those working in stores. If you're a sales advisor you're basically considered a nobody.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
everything
Hard at times but rewarding
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland29 August 2017
New look is a fast pace working environment and there is always something happening. We strive to make our customers number 1 and this is the best part of my job, I love helping and meeting new people everyday
Pros
Discount
Cons
Recognition
Enjoyable but life consuming
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow2 August 2017
A really good workforce that have a big family mentality, However due to being so familiar, there are no boundaries when not working. For example, phoning staff about next shift duties when not in store, phoning or messaging staff about overtime, just no away time.
Pros
50% discount for yourself and a person of your choice
Cons
No work/life balance
Fast paced friendly environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch23 July 2017
A typical day entails opening the store, completing team talks with employees, visual merchandising, running sales reports, completing staff rotas, cashing up tills and investigating any till discrepancies.
The downside of the job is having to work long shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
Majority of staff are friendly and there is a friendly, team work atmosphere.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
long hours / working weekends and bank holidays
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey24 June 2017
A typical day at work includes, updating admin and ops folders, completing daily tasks and targets, team talks with the member of staff and managing the day.
Being a supervisor, I have learned new ways of adapting with the team and new responsibilities.
The hardest part of my job was going from sales assistant to supervisor and adapting with the team, but encouragement and determination got me to where I am
Cons
Lack of staff
Good company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Braintree, UK22 June 2017
Feel the company could treat people fairly more and spend less money on always changing things keep it simple and spend more money on payroll.

The expectation is very high but not much support
Pros
Good relationship with RBM
Cons
Not much work life balance
Love this company
Visual Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheerness11 June 2017
Salary was pretty average for retail but 50% staff discount is brilliant. Made best friends working here lovely company. Only problem I found was rotas not fixed and all over the place so no routine and unable to plan things as being asked to come in last minute so poor work and home life balance. plenty of opportunities to progress.
not a great company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland16 May 2017
The only perk to the job is the discount and the holidays if you are given the chance to actually take them otherwise it's very stressful company to work for.

The hours are forever being cut, with a lot of pressure put onto teams to achieve targets when not all management themselves help to achieve and at that you never get much recognition for all hard work you do or with great results you achieve.

You are only entitled to a lunch if you work over 6 hours and if you want a 15 min break on a 6 hour shift you start 15 mins earlier unpaid.

Rotas are rarely done in advance and forever changing making it difficult to make appointments outside of work or plan anything.

Progression within the company is just as difficult no matter how much or little experience you have it's about who you know if you stand a chance to progress within the business no matter how much you want it and work for it.
Pros
discount, flex holidays
Cons
Pay, lunches, rotas done last min, progression made hard
disorganised
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coleraine19 April 2017
It has been over 10 years since I worked for New Look. The company has changed and expanded dramatically in that time. when I worked there is was very disorganised
Pros
company has expanded and grew alot over last 10 years
Cons
disorganised
Plenty of chance for progression
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire3 April 2017
Fashion forward,fun work place. Great benefits. Very reactive,fast paced company.
Competitive hourly rate of pay.
Chance of progression.
Self directed learning through New Look Academy.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Last minute changes to promo launched
Good learning environment.
Visual Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire9 March 2017
Needed more progression within the company. Worked hard throughout the region which was offered frequently, got great praise but were quick to pick up on negatives through out as opposed to working on good points. Hours were sparse and ended up having to do sales advisor roles a lot of the time which took time away from management responsibilities so ended up taking work home on a regular basis or staying longer for no pay to get my jobs done to a high enough standard that I felt I could leave. Generous staff discount allowance.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not enough pay for the job t
Loved working here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln17 January 2017
Fun place to work, all staff are friendly and make you feel welcome. As long as you like the public and being busy all the time then this is a great place to work.
review
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dumfries30 December 2016
Positives about the job are my co-workers and the rest of the management team. We all get on really well and have a great time working along side each other.
I also enjoy working with the customers and giving them the best possible service.
I also enjoy the practical side of the job getting stuck in helping with keeping the shop tidy and looking its best with merchandising.

However because of where I stay I haven't got the best work/life balance. If I could live closer to work it would be a lot easier. I feel the company waste a lot of our time on meaningless jobs. such as this Christmas period we were constantly having the go round changing posters for our promotions nearly every other week. they also kept extending their promotions. This meant we were spending less time with our customers not giving them the service they should be receiving this time of year.
New look is a company that strives to keep on delivering.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midlands30 September 2016
Working with newlook for the past 10 years I have seen a lot of changes, the company itself is always striving to be accessible and current for their customers. They change with the times and put customer in the heart of everything.

I have managed to progress and build a career with new look, start my family and have opportunities to get even further up on the new look ladder.

Amazing development programmes, which are available to do at home aswell as work. The courses are all FREE and you can choose from hundreds, from till training to language learning.

Every store will have a different vibe depending on the people they have working there. My store is filled with not just work colleagues but girls and boys I see as my family. We work hard, reaching fast approaching deadlines, while constantly making sure we are 100% ready and available to help any customer who needs us.

You need to be able to sell all the services new look have to offer: store cards, order in store, emailed reciepts and click and collect.
Pros
50% discount for you and 1 other chosen person. 25% vouchers for friends and family.
Cons
No shift paterns.
great learning opportuinity, new skills, new role within retail
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dartford25 July 2016
I started working for new look when I was a school leaver. starting as a sales assistant, I always come back to working at new look, when I returned in 2014 to the Dartford store, I was able to take on the role as a supervisor.
I learnt a lot being in the management team, I loved all of my co-workers.
Pros
local, worked well with all of my collegues
Ruthless management. Watch your back!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North West12 June 2016
Lovely fashion line.
Great staff discount
Told NOT asked to work last minute shifts
Silly hours regardless that you have a small child, work should come first any hour of the day at the drop of the hat and if you don't comply or jump to the managements tune they make your life a misery and try to get you out as best as they can!
False allegations and no apology when proven innocent!
Pros
50% off
Cons
Poor higher management. Poor pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.

New Look Reviews by Location