New Look Employee Reviews for Supervisor

fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns7 June 2018
within a typical day at Newlook it is a very busy and fun atmosphere. My job title is supervisor so i have gained a lot of management experience. The job has many benefits and offers a great work life balance.
the hardest part of the job would possibly be the centre that I was situated within the job as it was very quiet. the most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits of the staff discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
quiet
great team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down16 April 2018
company is great to work for with good benefits
academy to help learn and grown within the company
plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and become department specialists.
Pros
discount
Cons
last minute communication
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax1 April 2018
Great company to work with, I enjoyed every minute working here and working through to build myself up in the sector to eventually become a supervisor.
Fun and exciting company to work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton Mearns, East Renfrewshire19 March 2018
I love working here but need a new challenge in my career.
Great company.
Great people.
Great brand.
Always worked with helpful people.
Great career prospects.
not the best place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Devon25 February 2018
There is never a work life balance, a lot is expect of you for a supervisor and the pay dose not reflect what you have to do. They are unorgansied and always pushing this fowards e.g sale meaning you have to rework all your rotas and have to cancle plans you've made outside of work to launch the sale.

You are made to feel demotivated and like you are not allowed alife outside the company.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
The hours, you haveto work a minimum of 6 hours before you get a break
overall ok
Supervisor role (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire30 January 2018
long days.
good if you want to work your way up.
Lovely staff team
good training opportunities
love the customers
learned all aspects of the job
manager good
gret
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex18 January 2018
Great, friendly, lovely staff and management. Only reason I left was for more hours.
Very generous staff perks and incentives, lots to keep you motivated.
Lovely people, terrible company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I have worked in several New Look stores over the past two years, and I can say that the people are truly lovely. However the company is completely disorganised. This is reflected in some stores more than others. My current store is understaffed, disorganised, and unclean - which is not good for health and safety.
Pros
40% discount if you like the clothes.
Cons
Too demanding. Unable to take a lunch break sometimes in busy periods.
Great if you're young.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire8 November 2017
After the recent renduancies across the company, new looks turn around for staff has been horrdendous. Stretching stores to their absolute limit.

I have been in the company 4 years, and a supervisor for 2 years. Work life balance is no exsistant, working all the hours under the sun as we are short staffed, like many other stores in our region.

Every week there is new promotions or sales & window changes, the company expect so much from the team for such little pay and flexibility.

The job is absolutely perfect if you're young and want weekend work or when the company are having busy periods. Other than that DO NOT expect to be given a 30 hour contract if you're only a sales advisor. Low wage and low contracts are new looks downfall! And even to have a break you have to work over 6 hours if you're 18+ to be entitled to 30 minute lunch.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Breaks, long hours, no credit.
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mold, Flintshire19 October 2017
very good work ethic on a day to day basis. great concept in the way all stores are laid out the same which makes it easier if you out covering other stores
Pros
discount
live atomosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London29 September 2017
the most enjoyable part is talking to customers while serving and gettin them to open store cards help u meet ur work targets also having that friendliness with staff as well as customers

i have learned to do my job with passion of moving up

as a management hardest part is making sure the staff and customers both r happy with you
Pros
extra hours to work
Cons
turn footfall into conversion
Not considerate of staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London7 September 2017
expectations are too high for the wages you get paid. Head office and higher statuses are not very considerate of those working in stores. If you're a sales advisor you're basically considered a nobody.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
everything
Hard at times but rewarding
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland29 August 2017
New look is a fast pace working environment and there is always something happening. We strive to make our customers number 1 and this is the best part of my job, I love helping and meeting new people everyday
Pros
Discount
Cons
Recognition
Enjoyable but life consuming
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow2 August 2017
A really good workforce that have a big family mentality, However due to being so familiar, there are no boundaries when not working. For example, phoning staff about next shift duties when not in store, phoning or messaging staff about overtime, just no away time.
Pros
50% discount for yourself and a person of your choice
Cons
No work/life balance
Fast paced friendly environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch23 July 2017
A typical day entails opening the store, completing team talks with employees, visual merchandising, running sales reports, completing staff rotas, cashing up tills and investigating any till discrepancies.
The downside of the job is having to work long shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
Majority of staff are friendly and there is a friendly, team work atmosphere.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
long hours / working weekends and bank holidays
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey24 June 2017
A typical day at work includes, updating admin and ops folders, completing daily tasks and targets, team talks with the member of staff and managing the day.
Being a supervisor, I have learned new ways of adapting with the team and new responsibilities.
The hardest part of my job was going from sales assistant to supervisor and adapting with the team, but encouragement and determination got me to where I am
Cons
Lack of staff
Good company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Braintree, UK22 June 2017
Feel the company could treat people fairly more and spend less money on always changing things keep it simple and spend more money on payroll.

The expectation is very high but not much support
Pros
Good relationship with RBM
Cons
Not much work life balance
Love this company
Visual Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheerness11 June 2017
Salary was pretty average for retail but 50% staff discount is brilliant. Made best friends working here lovely company. Only problem I found was rotas not fixed and all over the place so no routine and unable to plan things as being asked to come in last minute so poor work and home life balance. plenty of opportunities to progress.
not a great company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland16 May 2017
The only perk to the job is the discount and the holidays if you are given the chance to actually take them otherwise it's very stressful company to work for.

The hours are forever being cut, with a lot of pressure put onto teams to achieve targets when not all management themselves help to achieve and at that you never get much recognition for all hard work you do or with great results you achieve.

You are only entitled to a lunch if you work over 6 hours and if you want a 15 min break on a 6 hour shift you start 15 mins earlier unpaid.

Rotas are rarely done in advance and forever changing making it difficult to make appointments outside of work or plan anything.

Progression within the company is just as difficult no matter how much or little experience you have it's about who you know if you stand a chance to progress within the business no matter how much you want it and work for it.
Pros
discount, flex holidays
Cons
Pay, lunches, rotas done last min, progression made hard
disorganised
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coleraine19 April 2017
It has been over 10 years since I worked for New Look. The company has changed and expanded dramatically in that time. when I worked there is was very disorganised
Pros
company has expanded and grew alot over last 10 years
Cons
disorganised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.