New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Poorly Managed and Toxic Environment
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe19 January 2018
My time at New Look may have only lasted a month, but in that month I learnt not only the horrors of working for a corrupt company but also that having 5 managers running a store doesn't mean it will run smoothly. Especially since the managers themselves were the main issue.

In my most honest opinion I would steer clear of working for New Look especially the one in High Wycombe until the manager sort themselves out at least.
Pros
Honestly None...
Cons
Ill Managed and Treated Poorly
Average place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough16 January 2018
New Look in general not a bad company however the Peterborough store manager did not do it justice. Bad management resulted in an unenjoyable time there.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad management
Friendly and fun place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 January 2018
Working at New Look was great as the staff were all friendly and the hours were flexible. The pros of working there also meant that i received a staff card meaning i could get 50% off for myself and one other person. The management were lovely and even held small talks with every single employee to ask about our lives, how we are and if there is anything they can help with. Having only a 4 hour contract meant that in the school holidays i needed more hours however getting extra shifts was difficult unless they called me up just a few hours before the shift.
Overall, New Look was a lovely place to work with really friendly staff.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Calls me to work only a few hours before
Hectic workplace
Sales Assistant, full-time (Former Employee) –  Nottingham15 January 2018
Working in New Look can be rewarding, there are plenty of goals and targets to hit, but the downside is when you dont hit those goals.
The people working there are usually lovely and friendly but the managers are less so.
I think this could be due to the slow progression there, and some small favouritisms.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
irregular shifts
productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey14 January 2018
New Look is a productive workplace, things get done on time and the people are really friendly. Management is good as the manager knows all the policy's very well and our rights. I learned lots while working in New Look as it was my first proper job working in the retail industry. I enjoyed working there as the people were always willing to help you out when needed and always helped to boost your confidence in what you are doing within the job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
newlook
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barry11 January 2018
I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the team ship between other colleges but management made it really hard to enjoy working here.
The staff discount is an amazing part of the job and made it bareable
Friendly and welcoming work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury3 January 2018
I enjoyed working in new look, all of the staff are friendly and worked together as a team to get all of the jobs complete. Customers always left the shop with a smile on their face.
Good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield23 December 2017
I worked at New Look as my first ever job and I really enjoyed it. I was able to work around college. The management was pretty poor as we went through 5 managers in the 2 years I was there but the rest of the team were fantastic and really helpful.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wick, Highland23 December 2017
Being a Christmas temp was lots of fun and this job gave me more confidence. I really enjoyed getting to helping people pick their outfits for their nights out. It made work exciting and you didn’t really feel like you were working either. I enjoyed being a Christmas temp for new look.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long busy hours
not so good
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire14 December 2017
my manager was always giving me shifts with not a lot of hours, i only came in once a week. the staffs were very nice but there was a lot of tyding up and many things i did not get trained to do i had to do and did not always do them correctly
Awful place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 December 2017
Staff are treated like slaves. Working long hours for zero thanks. Managers are lazy, hide in the office. Cliques form with the staff and bullying is rife but management do nothing about it.
Terrible
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire2 December 2017
Management are terrible and unorganised. Constantly on the phone to Head Office and Human Resources due to unfair treatment, incorrect pay, wrong rotas and many other problems. Managers do not listen to anything you say and will allow you to book off holiday and still put you in for it. The store has become an absolute mess and staff are treated horribly. No order or control. New staff were not trained and it was left to other sales assistants to train them. Do not work for this company. Bad pay and disgraceful treatment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything.
new look was a great place to work for my work experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire27 November 2017
I worked in new look paisley for my work experience. staff were lovely and very helpful! unfortunetly there were no contracts available when I was finishing
Enjoyable inclusive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chard27 November 2017
Learned lots of new valuable skills such as visual merchaandising , changing manequinns, cash handling, online ordering.

Friendly team, lots of vouchers for staff, rotas not always convenient.

Lots of overtime available at times.
Pros
fun friendly colleagues
Cons
rotas
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2017
A typical day at work was starting at 7am and completing the delivery by, from this job I learnt time management skill. The work place environment was fun and energetic lead by outstanding mangers.
Pros
Engaging and understanding managers
Cons
Not enough hours
No chance to progress, stressful and bad pay.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scotland17 November 2017
Favouritism is a massive thing and the company just likes to walk over and take advantage. Say goodbye to Christmas, they take over and have no consideration for workers who actually work instead of pen pushers who don't actually consider what it's like. Unrealistic deadlines are set with maximum stress and zero pay-out. Avoid working here.
Pros
You get 40% and employee perks like discounted cinema tickets.
Cons
Too many to list
nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough11 November 2017
I enjoyed working here, met some really nice people and got to do a job I enjoyed. I got a lot of really good opportunities that I can take with me to my next job.
excellent work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  cumbria7 November 2017
I started out working on the shop floor but was then given my own department to run and displays to sort out. I was also in charge of the stock room where we kept all shoes and boots.
the enjoyable part of the job was helping people pick the right clothes and shoes for them but without being pushy. Sometimes ladies in shops want to see people more their size than those assistants who are not.
Pros
getting to see all the new lines
Cons
cleaning out the changing room of the left over stock
Great team to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wales6 November 2017
Worked here for 7 years. I have a 12 hour contract which i can choose which day/hours i work due to having children. Great place to work, theyre flexible with my shifts and im really lucky to work with such a great team. 40% staff discount is a real perk for you and one other chosen family/friend, but you also get 25% off friends and family vouchers to give out. Only downfalls are: No holidays are allowed to be took between mid november and mid january due to work load increasing over christmas period. Over 18, you only get half an hour break if you work an 8 hour shift. The shifts are either 4, 6 or 8 hours, so 6 hours is a pretty long to go without a break. Especially when your running round on your feet all day.
Pros
40% staff discount, great team
Cons
Can only have a break if you work over 8 hours, and thats only a half hour break.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
work life was too much to handle extra hours
salary was low for the amount of work having to be done
security was good always on job
management bot good communication
Pros
discount
Cons
over working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.

New Look Reviews by Location