New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 447 reviews matching the search See all 1,450 reviews
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex20 January 2019
Most enjoyable part was helping customers find exactly what they wanted. When working here was able to work in all areas of the store, from tills, to fitting rooms as well as in the stock room.
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor15 January 2019
you love working at new look and meeting new people because they are so friendly there so they will make your day no matter but you can have they days you just want get on with your stuff and make the mangers happy and make other people happy
not enjoyable
did gain some experience
felt under appreciated
not paid enough
didnt enjoy working here
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2019
In this job, I have developed my skills on the tills, shop floor and in stock. I understand how each role works and I am fit to do all. I have developed my natural skills of engaging with customers and always aim to make them satisfied.
fun, good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire10 January 2019
working at new look was fun and helped me learn a lot of new skills in terms of customer service and how to be a good sales assistant towards customers.
Friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, Greater Manchester5 January 2019
Friendly place to work, everyone was lovely.
Roles was to help in most departments, tills, changing rooms, stock etc.
Very helpful staff, make you feel very welcome
Loved my job .management poor.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, UK2 December 2018
As a sales advisor I spent most of my work day back of house, this was what I was taken on to do, main manager stressed every one out, she was rude nasty and in my opinion a very bad example of a manager, well being in house lets people down.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Stressed manager, making the job very hard and difficult
Great staff disount!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim21 November 2018
Company is good to work for, pretty basic nothing over special comparing to other jobs. The staff discount I think is the reason the keep their staff for a long time, 50% off!!
Terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire21 November 2018
Work extremely hard with no recognition from management whatsoever. Management team are very unprofessional and are not welcoming at all. They are two faced and will talk behind your back. The pay is rubbish for the amount of physical work they expect from you.
Pros
new store
Cons
poor pay hard labour
Good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead9 November 2018
I did enjoy working here as my colleagues made my experience memorable. In retail, you are constantly moving and doing something in store. I only worked 4 hours a shift so I had no breaks, but time does go fast when you are always on the move.

Want to know more about New Look?

Ask a question
All-round awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex8 November 2018
I found that New Look was poorly managed and the shifts were always released last minute. The sales assistants would always get blamed for anything that happened - including the customers stealing items, even though we were told to let them go because our "safety" was more important. Twice I was threatened by customers while working there - the first time, i had a man threaten to stab me, and the second time, i had a man threaten to sexually assault me. I went home in tears both times, and the managers didn't do anything to assure my safety. I was paid terribly, and i was on a 4 hour contract, but was working almost 30 hours a week, while also studying at college. They really didn't care about any other commitments, and would be furious if you couldn't take a shift.
Pros
A few other lovely sales assistants, and 50% discount on products.
Cons
Everything.
Excitement, team work, enjoyable, friendly, fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 November 2018
Working at new look was very valuable experience In retail and as my first job, the skills I learnt at new look are important as these skills I can take through to any job.
Pros
25% voucher off clothes
Cons
No flexible shifts
Poor managerial skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Magherafelt, County Londonderry5 November 2018
Everyone in this work place is extremely miserable due to no managerial skills what so ever. Any personal issues staff members have is publised to the whole workplace. Favouritism also within this shop which is felt by everyone. Alongside this no matter how much you do for this place, it is never recognised nor credit given..
Pros
Staff discount, supervisors provide great support, sales advisor friends
Cons
No managerial skills, unprofessional, not confidential, any issues with staff publised, thr.
Good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire5 November 2018
Brilliant company to work for fast paced environment lovely members of staff and enjoy working with the public staff discount is very good and always up to date with the latest fashions
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No breaks unless working over 6 hours
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
I enjoyed working for new look and learnt a lot about customer service etc, however, the only problem to work at Eldon square was very poor management. Every time our manager got stressed she was taking it out on her employees, which was very unfair as most of us worked very hard and there was no reason for the manager to act that way. Another thing was that the manager wasn't understanding or trying to help, and to swap shifts etc because of an exam or doc app was always a massive problem and resulted in poor attitude from the manager. The colleagues were nice and kind and a lot of people have quit the job because of the rude and poor treatment.
Pros
learnt key skills and loved working with customers and on tills
Cons
very poor management
Difficult place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland31 October 2018
I found this a very difficult place to work as it felt like people did not understand my needs or abilities. I did however enjoy the job and what it entailed
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester24 October 2018
I was lucky too have a wonderful team of girls, i left due to wanting changes in my life. very lovely managment and a fun work place. we had a brilliant store and i loved helping customers.
Pros
50% discount for you and one other
Cons
4 hr shifts
nice people to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London24 October 2018
the job could be quite boring at times considering the area is quite quiet. the customers were sometimes nice or rude. overall wasn't too bad as a job.
Including
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth2 October 2018
The company takes in a lot of short hour contracts for a variety of people to get experience including; students. Main store manager was easy to communicate with.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
Lack of training
Ok
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton20 September 2018
At times can be fun if busy, but quieter periods could get boring with little work to do, depending on the department worked in, long days
Friendly work place
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Can be boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.

New Look Reviews by Location