New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

wasnt the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford19 April 2018
I liked the experience working at new look as it was my first retail job but I did not like working for the new look store because I felt they were very unorganised.
Pros
no pros
Joke
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands11 April 2018
I worked as a cashier and during weeks of team briefs in the morning would be told by an assisting manager that large cash amounts were going missing and that security would be tighter and to watch carefully at what we're doing to later found out that man was the perpatrator.
Easy work, friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow31 March 2018
easy work although it can be challenging. Learn good customer service skills and good retail skills. typical working day includes working on tills/fitting rooms serving customers.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short shifts
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire15 March 2018
Draining, low wage. Not motivated - management not very good. The way training was structured didn't make sense and not very organised. Staff very cliquey and not welcoming to new starters.
part time work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire14 March 2018
Enjoyed the latest fashions and delivering customer service. the 50% discount especially as a teenager into all the latest fashion. Great High street brand to work for, quality clothing just not enough structure and progression as employees and very under paid.
Pros
extra shifts
Cons
low pay
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire13 March 2018
Easy to use website with lots of helpful photos of products. Easy payment process. Items are great quality. And to help there are usually customer reviews of the products to help with sizing etc.
Very Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire5 March 2018
When getting to work i would usually have to clean the shop and staff room, i did learn a lot about retail, management but also about myself. However i enjoyed helping people and watching there confidence grow.
Productive and Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff20 February 2018
A very productive and professional work place who kept standards high and looked after customers by meeting their needs. Staff were very approachable and highly trained.
Pros
Discount on products
Fun bit yerrible manager
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 February 2018
I worked here for a while. For me it was a long day as a lot of my time wasn't productive this was down to bad management. I feel with different management skills this could have been a role that i would have taken further.
Pros
Learnt new skills
Cons
Poor manager
Nice people and always eager to help
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland19 February 2018
Learnt large range of new skills and was educated well on the values and such of what New Look seek in their staff. Was interesting being able to meet different people everyday
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Bad hours
repetitive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  hounslow central19 February 2018
the management was unfair. there was favoritism with the old employees. the old employees just sit in the floor and talk with others mates while new employees was working hard nd they still being asked to work even more
Pros
work with new customers
Cons
long time for payments
Busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire13 February 2018
A fast pace environment where there’s always jobs to do and targets to meet, personally targets were hard to meet if you work short hours per week, but not impossible. The people there were friendly though
Easy work, horrible hours & boring
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2018
I'm currently working at new look but continually searching for a new job. They don't consider other factors of your life and think that day to day life should be spent at work. For my age, I get paid well in comparison to my friends. My management is lovely but also give me rubbish shifts which are usually early or after college day hours which makes me exhausted. I cannot wait to leave.
Pros
40% discount, pay is good for my age
Cons
awful shift times, don't consider other priorities, they think your life revolves around newlook.
Don’t work here
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich4 February 2018
They will use staff who are under 18 for all the bad jobs, long 8 hour shifts with 30 minuet breaks, unrealistic expectations, they don’t pay properly
Pros
Money
fun and fulfilling
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 January 2018
I worked at NL for over a year and loved having the 50% off and generally making new friends around the Reading area. I was fully till trained and taught how to cash up and roughly close down the shop as well as being taught how to replenish shoes and general stock.
Pros
50% off, centre of reading
Cons
had to work 7+ hours for half an hour break
nice to work, easy shifts
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey29 January 2018
I liked working there, good for school leavers, easy shifts, only problem was the pay, and the amount of hours you could get, but you get to meet new people everyday`
Friendly and Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade, Bedfordshire28 January 2018
I joined a very friendly and welcoming team who helped me while I was training. I never felt overwhelmed as they ensured I was trained in everything I undertook before I started it.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Last minute shift changes
Poorly Managed and Toxic Environment
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe19 January 2018
My time at New Look may have only lasted a month, but in that month I learnt not only the horrors of working for a corrupt company but also that having 5 managers running a store doesn't mean it will run smoothly. Especially since the managers themselves were the main issue.

In my most honest opinion I would steer clear of working for New Look especially the one in High Wycombe until the manager sort themselves out at least.
Pros
Honestly None...
Cons
Ill Managed and Treated Poorly
Management team were rude
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
Management were rude, rearranged shifts without informing or asking people, and would deliberately call during days off, sick days, or ask you to come in outside of your availability (despite being a student with very strict availability). Most of the staff, the training and the culture of the work place was fun and helpful, but senior members of staff were often condescending and rude
Pros
50% off for staff
Cons
The management team made it feel impossible to enjoy working there
Average place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough16 January 2018
New Look in general not a bad company however the Peterborough store manager did not do it justice. Bad management resulted in an unenjoyable time there.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.

New Look Reviews by Location