New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Ok
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton20 September 2018
At times can be fun if busy, but quieter periods could get boring with little work to do, depending on the department worked in, long days
Friendly work place
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Can be boring
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
Is a good company to work for so many benefits. Fun place to work for with such a great team and management. Enjoyable part was putting an outfit together for a customer.
Very enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shields10 September 2018
New Look was one of the best places I ever worked. The management were fun and not too stressed making the work environment better. Does get stressful but most retail jobs are. Sometimes it was very understaffed making it harder but it was manageable. Managements sometimes had favorites but the 40% discount was very good (sometimes 50% due to special offers) friends and family have 25% off and holidays are very good. Pay was amazing for people my age. 16 year olds on £5.90 and 18 years olds on £7.38. Only issue was that the rotas were put up very last minute making it hard to plan your life.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Last minute rota
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Workington3 September 2018
Very fair place to work with lots of added benefits including a excellent discount. Learned how the world of retail works. The only downfall is working a lot around Christmas time effecting your social life.
Good friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 September 2018
Working at New Look, has had its perks, like staff discounts, however the pay wasn’t the best...I’d be getting paid £5.65 an hour and I’m s tudent trying to survive...it was really difficult and I felt myself struggling quite a lot. They don’t listen when you give them the time your able to work and how many hours you can do and they don’t give you many shifts if you ask for extra. They are a great company but that’s the only fault I can give them.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not paid enough
it was pretty good
Sales Assistant temp (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire27 August 2018
I just don't care for fashion, but the over all impression i got was that it was ok and ok. please stop telling me to type more i really dont want to.
Pros
easy job
Cons
fashion is pap
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2018
Worked as a sales advisor, in various sections making sure the department reaches its targets, through sales and customer service. And playing a key role in that with my huge significant KPI that I managed to produce. Playing a huge role in helping the store to reach key targets with hitting massive KPI in all my shifts.
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fleet13 August 2018
not the best pay, never much to do in the quiet sores apart from tidying clothes. never really any new responsabilities involved in the lower roles, good for a younger person
Nice Place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woolwich8 August 2018
I enjoy working at New Look. The atmosphere is great and everyone gets on really well. There is always something to be done so you are never bored. Getting first dibs on all the new stock is a bonus too :)
Fun and Productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde6 August 2018
I enjoyed working at New Look as it gave me the confidence to talk to others and helped my problem solving skills. I enjoyed working with the other employees, i have made friends from working at New Look.
Pros
discount
Cons
unpredictable hours
Caring and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire31 July 2018
There's a lot of laughs in a typical day at work, there are a lot of fields in which you can learn at everyday and the training is very good. If you are really skilled at your job, it can be quite hard to maintain a healthy work/social life balance but it's possible.
Pros
Discounts on cinemas etc
Cons
Not very flexible with holidays and days off
A friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear29 July 2018
Friendly staff and management.
Training was completed immediately meaning I was able to complete many tasks within my first shift.
Very chilled and casual work environment.
Constantly working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover18 July 2018
Where I worked the manager would never consider that you had a life outside of work. You would constantly be expected to answer to the group chat and work a lot of the time, maybe more than the manager.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
productive and fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth13 July 2018
A typical day at work would include doing many different type of jobs from working on the till point to moving the room around with management. What i have learnt is how to be able to do many different jobs at the same time to keep to schedule and also the place approachable. Management were very good at being part of the team as they would do all the same jobs as just sales assistants therefore being able to help us on the shop floor. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep to schedule when there was a small amount of staff on and the best part was learning so many skills in a short space of time.
Pros
% off
Cons
too short hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London12 July 2018
Working at New Look, was a new experience compared to my work experience. Within the store, I was able to comunicate with colleagues easily, understand the work given by higher authorities and fullfilling the expectations surrounded by me. Despite the positivity around New Look, I was finding it hard to cope with my hours.
Pros
Friendly environment
Great clothes
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent10 July 2018
Perfect place for a part time job, no room for progression however location was ideal or a student and the shift changes are too common and sometimes changed the day before.
Pros
Shift changes
Cons
Great location
Fun environment, poor management.
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dereham8 July 2018
Most mangers are under the age of 27 so they think they are the bees knees, great discount for yourself and one other person, can be very two face environment and clicky gangs about. Hours are nice and can plan a life around your job,
Pros
Hours
Cons
Bad management
employees are great to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 June 2018
There is a limited amount of job rotation which leads to boredom quite quickly
however the perks at work are great, it offers a range of benefits that are great for everyone.
The management is quite poor and they tend to leave staff to do the most work load which is quite annoying.
Shifts tend to drag and insufficient breaks are given so you're standing for most of it which gets tiring
it was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 June 2018
maybe it was just where worked but it was not what they advertised it to be. everyone was constantly put under pressure by supervisors as well as many not given training for their required jobs.
newlook
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire18 June 2018
A typical day for me was doing delivery counting in click and collects for customers dealing with customer orders and the day to day running of the store.

I have learnt throughout my retail service that customers always come first; to multitask and to work as a team with work colleagues.

The management was absolutely fantastic at new look. They were professional, helpful and supportive and open to any suggestions that were made by staff.

The workplace culture was very friendly, approachable, driven and motivating.

The hardest part of the job was having to hear about the closure of the New Look store in Telford.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers and advising them on outfit requirements.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
No break for 6 hours work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.

New Look Reviews by Location