New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Lovely Place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Devon22 September 2018
New Look Is such a lovely environment to work in with everybody so friendly and welcoming. I've learnt so much and built up so much confidence. I look forward to going into work.
Productive and friendly workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport12 September 2018
A typical day at New Look would consist of many busy jobs, such as serving customers, helping them shop,organising and tidying shop floor and clearing deliveries.
Pros
Discount
Cons
constant cut of hours
lovely friendly staff
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wick, Highland1 September 2018
A great place to work my manager does everything she can to help me as i have learning difficulties and is so understanding. The other staff are friendly and it feels like a family we all work as a team. Great perks as we get 40% off and 25% for friends and family. A typical day at work for me doing the delivery is to strip the plastic off the clothes and hang the items on hangers looking presentable for on the shop floor making sure each style and colour is in size order then security tagging ( before I worked here I thought everything arrived hung and tagged!). The hardest part of the job is lifting the totes but I'm getting stronger. I've learnt to work well as part of a team.
Pros
staff discount
Excellent
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames9 August 2018
Management always supportive and approachable, others colleagues always there to help with tasks , good atmosphere, fast past two days never the same !
Pros
Great work environment
Don't Bother!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 August 2018
So I've worked for new look for almost a year and honestly it's been a rollercoaster. You don't get acknowledged by management for keeping the shop presentable and practically running the floor because everyone else working there seems to 'disappear'. The sale here is ridiculously big and sometimes you're expected to tidy it by yourself. No rotation of staff at all. You'll be on one department for your whole shift and if you're lucky you'll move after you've had a break.

Management change your shift without giving you notice and expect you to know so when you don't turn up they call you moaning at you. If you're feeling unwell during your shift you will not be sent home as you are expected to work it.

3 month probation period is rubbish, don't be unwell they will sack you!!! It's happened recently and it'll happen again.
There isn't a pro-life balance because you WILL BE WORKING EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!! The hours are great until they rota you on every weekend and barely any weekday shifts. Management will rota you on days when you are unavailable.

As a student they will not think about you twice. You won't be able to complete coursework well before the due date because they will bombard you with hours.

There's more but I think you'll find that out yourself if you work there.
Pros
Paid holidays, 40% discount
Cons
The team, management, long hours
Fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 August 2018
I only worked three days I can't give a full review but it was pretty fun I was sad to not be kept on. I wish it had been longer it was a good experience.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Unnecessary amount of form filling and training for temp job
New Look
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2018
A typical day at work would be switching between till and floor work. This includes serving customers and keeping the floor clean.
The hardest part of the job is at Christmas when the hours are long and the work load is heavy.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the team, they where great to work with.
Pros
40% discount
good experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff29 July 2018
good first job experience - part time christmas and new years temp
nice staff to work with
fast pace and busy during xmas and new year period
more training needed
Good working environment .
Sales advisor and department specialist. (Current Employee) –  Hereford27 July 2018
Working at NewLook has helped develop my skills in customer service. I feel like a valued part of the team who is appreciated by my management as I always try to go above and beyond for them to help achieve the best performance for myself and the company. Working in Newlook gave me the opportunity to combine both my passions of fashion and beauty, which is something I love doing!
Pros
Working in fashion and beauty.
Cons
Long hours.
Oppertunistic and fun enviornment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Petersfield20 July 2018
Over the past 4 years of working for Newlook I've really enjoyed being a part of a team with both Petersfield and Cosham, while learning the operations of a larger store.

The hardest part of the job was to maintain enough hours per week.
Pros
Good Oppurtunities
Cons
Not enough hours
minimum wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chichester18 July 2018
New Look provides a great environment to work in, the management are lovely and very accommodating. What feels a shame about working here is the lack of large contracts and with minimum wage you do a lot of work without much pay off.
the job is great if the people you work with are lovely, which they usually are. the essence of team work within the company is lovely, and team meetings are always more like friends chatting than an official meeting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
often out late
Retail adviser
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant2 July 2018
I was really uncomfortable with the work environment at the work place. I was only there for a brief time as I had a temporary position and they basically expected me to work almost everyday for 3-4 weeks even on days I stated at the interview I couldn't work due to my commitments at another job.
I found higher-ups to be some-what unprofessional as they told me to come in on more than one occasion to work, I would come in and I wouldn't even be on the rota so there would be nothing for me to do for the 4 hours I was there. One time they even gave me a task to complete and rather than having me rotate to a different position each hour like they commonly do they forgot I was even there and was stuck doing nothing for 3 hours.
The employee discount that I was promised also was never verified by them and even though I asked on multiple occasions to have help setting up my employee rota portal they would just brush me off to the point that I would have to travel to work on my (limited) days off to see a physical copy of the rota.
I would definitely never work for a New Look store again.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no staff discount, unprofessional-ism
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester29 June 2018
It such a great place to work. It can get very busy but it has a great team and management. Able to get a lot overtime hours. There are targets, such as new look cards and customer wow feedback.
Pros
40 Percent Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage
productive work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 June 2018
The team working there is very friendly and supportive. we are able to work together as a team to hit targets that are set for our store. get experience from working in different areas of the shop.
Pros
city centre
Fun workplace, staff member were all friendly
Sale adviser (Former Employee) –  Crawley4 June 2018
working in New Looked helped me learn many different skills and different experiences. Working within a team, communicating to each other and learning how to stay calm under pressure.
Pros
Good Pay
Best job ive ever had
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 June 2018
Loved my job at newlook since day one!

The job-
The job is fantastic you have a range of tasks to preform and unlike other jobs you are not forced to stick to one section for a whole shift
The training you receive when you start is fantastic and the management never stop helping you with your progress!

Management- The management at new look genuinely care about there employees and treat you as equals, and generally friends.
The managers and supervisors are quick to help you in any way then can (from getting shifts covered in emergencies to giving extra hours)

Love!
Pros
40 percent discount
Take advantage
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 May 2018
Managment arent friendly or understanding, rules arent gone by at all and pick and choose favourites with staff. Staff were lovely but managment wasnt and diddnt care how they spoke to their staff
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Managment and long hours
Productive, nice environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 April 2018
The staff are very helpful and friendly, it is a nice environment to work in and we all work well as a team. If there are any questions that need to be asked and answered, there are always staff members that are there for support and to help. A typical day would consist of taking on multiple tasks such as putting out the clear rail, or helping assist in the fitting rooms. As well as this, you could be on the till or tidying sale and the shop floor, along with meeting and greeting customers and giving great service.
good first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter25 April 2018
This was my first every serious job I learnt and grew up whilst working here.

- It was a great fun working environment
- I learnt how to interact with people
not a great job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill11 April 2018
A job that was very repetitive and didnt have much variation-was a typical retail job.
Learnt a lot about customer service.
The management were very casual.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working with friends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.