New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

awful work place
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kirkby9 April 2018
staff was rude to both customers and other staff members, unclean work environment, staff room was a disgrace, fire exits were blocked by cardboard boxes or heavy plastic delivery boxes. would not recommend working here
It was good.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2018
It is good, I really enjoy working in New Look because it allows me to improve on so many aspects of myself professionally and personally. From handling customer queries to basic customer service.
Don't be fooled by the 'friendly' exterior
Sales Advisor promoted to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 April 2018
Nice environment to work & they had a great 'perks at work' scheme giving you discounts and deals on travel, cinema & loads more. Learned a lot about visual merchandising when i was a sales advisor, which helped when i was promoted to Supervisor. Most staff members are young, including management, not sure whether this is good or bad, but it could sometimes be quite an unprofessional and nasty environment to be in.

Pros: Exciting chances to progress in the company, 40% staff discount & 25% friends and family discount, working with a popular fashion brand.

Cons: Hard to balance social life around work, stressful, last minute shift changes without notice, lack of training when starting out as a sales advisor. The company care a lot more about the money, not so much the health or wellbeing of their staff.
good experience
SALES ADVISOR, SUPERVISOR, SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood2 April 2018
Working for new look had its ups and down. but you have a great support system around you so you didn't feel that you was on your own within your role.
friendly place to work
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian25 March 2018
i loved my time working here. All staff are so friendly and fun. Management are so approachable and helpful. Fast paced and hard going job but over all lovely place to work.
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast20 March 2018
Friendly staff, the management team are encouraging and helpful at all times. Always try to work things around other commitments such as school or if you have another job. Good company benefits. Rewards for hard work.
Good place for a first weekend job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Farmborough19 March 2018
My experience working part time at New Look has been mostly positive as it is a good environment to work in. It has allowed me to learn and gain customer service skills as well as building my confidence, especially when dealing with complaints or challenging situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience I have gained and the new friends I have made.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
low rate of pay
Productive and insightful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
The store was a great interactive place to work at as I was able to do a lot and achieve a lot. I was able to learn about clothing retail stores and how they are efficiently run
good place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford2 March 2018
New Look is a delightful place to work at and the staff are very helpful.
I enjoy working with New Look but i'm searching for a new job to achieve more and gain more experience,
Really great Job
Sales Advisor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London18 February 2018
Fair, average pay. Management at the time (2015, Oxford Circus, London) where pleasant to work with, the store staff where all a community! Hours were flexible and manageable.
Pros
Pay, eb
Cons
Quite boring
Nice staff, management was bad
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
good environment, management was unprofessional in terms of shifts, i feel you are taught everything through a computer which is not helpful or translate to real life experience
57 hours a week at 17....
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Look6 February 2018
New look WAS an amazing company, I started at a small store in my town, it was amazing my first weekend job at 16.

I loved it, sometimes doing extra shifts and during the holidays helping out 5/7 or 6/7 days a week.
Sometimes I’d be called in for sickness or got told there’s no need for me to come in. However I still loved my job.

I then unfortunately in September 16, got made redundant due to unforeseen circumstances within the company. (I got told on the same day I left due to redundancy).

After my last shift I went to our 2nd store in the City and explained what had happened and asked if I could transfer over. Within a few hours I had a quick interview with the manager of the 2nd store and got the job, and happily transferred over starting the next day (bypassing training, of course! Except Health and Safety).

The store was amazing, going from a small store to let’s say the Cities “main store” is amazing. There was more to do and cover and you’re always doing something... the energy was overall okay, of course there was bickering between staff all the time and the “GOSSIP” which got out of control at times.

The gossip wasn’t aimed towards me (but who knows if there was any) but the gosssip was often heard by management, or they’d be near by and don’t take action. Of course the may not be able to notice if it’s banter or bullying but to me they were taking the micky out of another colleague (who I know has since left).

I left due to mental health issues, being sectioned and unable to contact New Look. I got sent a letter of Dismissial
  more... in October 2017. I miss the company however it takes over your life, I was often doing long hours and always aimed high, the vision was my mission. And always tried to take control where needed and help customer, staff issues despite being paid £5.92p/h  less
Pros
was 50% discount (NOW 40% STAFF DISCOUNT)
Working for New Look
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire21 January 2018
New Look is a fun, great and supportive company to work for. I have been here for over a year and it's been the most loyal and kind job I have had, because of the people.
Pros
40% off clothes
Cons
Hours change weekly
Nice workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 December 2017
Typically the job is quite repetitive and there isn't much to do but as a store the management are sometimes fair. The workplace culture is nice as new look tries to involve you in the company.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Repetition
Basic
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2017
You get seriously underpaid for what you do. You also get false promotions, where they promote you to a 'specialist' so you can have more responsibility and stress, but no pay rise. The hours are unstable, you may get 30 hours one week and 4 hours the next. I think this job is suitable if your just looking for a part time job to keep you busy through out the day, but definitely not suitable for career progression or actually being financially stable enough to survive in society without debt. The people I worked with were nice, but that along with the discount was probably the only good thing.
Pros
Discount (40%)
Cons
Everything else.
A downhill spiral
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North West17 November 2017
I'll start off my saying I've worked for the company as a Sales Advisor for the past four years and this would have been a 4-5 star review back then.

The recent restructure of management by the company and treatment of staff and supervisors has been disgusting. Hard working staff kicked out and forced to reapply for their jobs on lower contracts (but still expected to do the same work load so working just as hard for less money.)

This on top of the cutting staff hours, sending unmanageable delivery load and unnecessary promotions has made the company one big shambles!

I have no idea what is going on in head office but changes need to be made before you loose all of your hard working staff. In my eyes the future of the company at the moment is not looking good.
Pros
staff discount 40% even though it has been lowered from 50%
Cons
9-3 shifts with no break
Productive place to work!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex8 November 2017
New look is literally such a busy place to work. But with a great team we always manage to get things done. I complain sometimes but I know I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pros
Staff Discount
nice team
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
NEW LOOK is a multinational retail-clothing company
NEW LOOK is known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers
Experience: providing excellent customer service to maximise sales; receiving and processing deliveries; helping to prepare season sales, designer collaborations and regular seasonal campaigns;
Working well in the team and actively supporting my colleagues
Wasn’t the best place of work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Teesside County Borough, North Yorkshire6 November 2017
Was ok first few months. Then management went down hill, had to leave. I didn’t like it so I left! I was sick of running about the shop because I was the only one who actually worked
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Wasn’t a great place to work
Great environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2017
Going to work was a changing experience where I met various customers and got to talk to different kinds of people. Although, it got super busy at time, it was the people who made me persist through my shift and gave me something to look forward to every weekend!
Pros
discount
Cons
push on store cards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.