New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Retail adviser
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant2 July 2018
I was really uncomfortable with the work environment at the work place. I was only there for a brief time as I had a temporary position and they basically expected me to work almost everyday for 3-4 weeks even on days I stated at the interview I couldn't work due to my commitments at another job.
I found higher-ups to be some-what unprofessional as they told me to come in on more than one occasion to work, I would come in and I wouldn't even be on the rota so there would be nothing for me to do for the 4 hours I was there. One time they even gave me a task to complete and rather than having me rotate to a different position each hour like they commonly do they forgot I was even there and was stuck doing nothing for 3 hours.
The employee discount that I was promised also was never verified by them and even though I asked on multiple occasions to have help setting up my employee rota portal they would just brush me off to the point that I would have to travel to work on my (limited) days off to see a physical copy of the rota.
I would definitely never work for a New Look store again.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no staff discount, unprofessional-ism
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester29 June 2018
It such a great place to work. It can get very busy but it has a great team and management. Able to get a lot overtime hours. There are targets, such as new look cards and customer wow feedback.
Pros
40 Percent Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage
productive work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 June 2018
The team working there is very friendly and supportive. we are able to work together as a team to hit targets that are set for our store. get experience from working in different areas of the shop.
Pros
city centre
Fun workplace, staff member were all friendly
Sale adviser (Former Employee) –  Crawley4 June 2018
working in New Looked helped me learn many different skills and different experiences. Working within a team, communicating to each other and learning how to stay calm under pressure.
Pros
Good Pay
Best job ive ever had
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 June 2018
Loved my job at newlook since day one!

The job-
The job is fantastic you have a range of tasks to preform and unlike other jobs you are not forced to stick to one section for a whole shift
The training you receive when you start is fantastic and the management never stop helping you with your progress!

Management- The management at new look genuinely care about there employees and treat you as equals, and generally friends.
The managers and supervisors are quick to help you in any way then can (from getting shifts covered in emergencies to giving extra hours)

Love!
Pros
40 percent discount
Take advantage
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 May 2018
Managment arent friendly or understanding, rules arent gone by at all and pick and choose favourites with staff. Staff were lovely but managment wasnt and diddnt care how they spoke to their staff
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Managment and long hours
Productive, nice environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 April 2018
The staff are very helpful and friendly, it is a nice environment to work in and we all work well as a team. If there are any questions that need to be asked and answered, there are always staff members that are there for support and to help. A typical day would consist of taking on multiple tasks such as putting out the clear rail, or helping assist in the fitting rooms. As well as this, you could be on the till or tidying sale and the shop floor, along with meeting and greeting customers and giving great service.
good first job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter25 April 2018
This was my first every serious job I learnt and grew up whilst working here.

- It was a great fun working environment
- I learnt how to interact with people
not a great job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill11 April 2018
A job that was very repetitive and didnt have much variation-was a typical retail job.
Learnt a lot about customer service.
The management were very casual.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was working with friends
awful work place
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kirkby9 April 2018
staff was rude to both customers and other staff members, unclean work environment, staff room was a disgrace, fire exits were blocked by cardboard boxes or heavy plastic delivery boxes. would not recommend working here
It was good.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2018
It is good, I really enjoy working in New Look because it allows me to improve on so many aspects of myself professionally and personally. From handling customer queries to basic customer service.
Don't be fooled by the 'friendly' exterior
Sales Advisor promoted to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 April 2018
Nice environment to work & they had a great 'perks at work' scheme giving you discounts and deals on travel, cinema & loads more. Learned a lot about visual merchandising when i was a sales advisor, which helped when i was promoted to Supervisor. Most staff members are young, including management, not sure whether this is good or bad, but it could sometimes be quite an unprofessional and nasty environment to be in.

Pros: Exciting chances to progress in the company, 40% staff discount & 25% friends and family discount, working with a popular fashion brand.

Cons: Hard to balance social life around work, stressful, last minute shift changes without notice, lack of training when starting out as a sales advisor. The company care a lot more about the money, not so much the health or wellbeing of their staff.
good experience
SALES ADVISOR, SUPERVISOR, SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood2 April 2018
Working for new look had its ups and down. but you have a great support system around you so you didn't feel that you was on your own within your role.
friendly place to work
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian25 March 2018
i loved my time working here. All staff are so friendly and fun. Management are so approachable and helpful. Fast paced and hard going job but over all lovely place to work.
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast20 March 2018
Friendly staff, the management team are encouraging and helpful at all times. Always try to work things around other commitments such as school or if you have another job. Good company benefits. Rewards for hard work.
Good place for a first weekend job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Farmborough19 March 2018
My experience working part time at New Look has been mostly positive as it is a good environment to work in. It has allowed me to learn and gain customer service skills as well as building my confidence, especially when dealing with complaints or challenging situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience I have gained and the new friends I have made.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
low rate of pay
Productive and insightful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
The store was a great interactive place to work at as I was able to do a lot and achieve a lot. I was able to learn about clothing retail stores and how they are efficiently run
good place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford2 March 2018
New Look is a delightful place to work at and the staff are very helpful.
I enjoy working with New Look but i'm searching for a new job to achieve more and gain more experience,
Really great Job
Sales Advisor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London18 February 2018
Fair, average pay. Management at the time (2015, Oxford Circus, London) where pleasant to work with, the store staff where all a community! Hours were flexible and manageable.
Pros
Pay, eb
Cons
Quite boring
Nice staff, management was bad
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
good environment, management was unprofessional in terms of shifts, i feel you are taught everything through a computer which is not helpful or translate to real life experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.