New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Found 218 reviews matching the search See all 1,447 reviews
Appalling
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  South London, Greater London16 January 2019
Very clique and not an environment to air your problems with the employer because they never take any action to help you.
You get isolated and demonized for daring to say exactly how it is.
Oozing institutional bullying culture, in the full knowledge of the human resources department, who will not assist you. In fact they actively relay information back to the store you work in, putting you at a greater risk of being targeted with increased bullying. The only resolution is to leave.
Horrid place, don't waste time.
Pros
Most customers are lovely and more helpful than management
Cons
Narcissistic management and institutional bullying
Not the best
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 December 2018
My experience for working at New Look has been unsavoury to the say the least. Managers expect too much from you and if you don’t deliver, some get irate. Very cliquey with normal sales staff thinking they are managers and telling other colleagues what to do when it isn’t there place. No change - if you’re someone like me you’ll be made to do one aspect of the job all the time (eg. till) but if you’re in with the managers you’ll get moved around on to different jobs no problem. Will put you on the rota on days you aren’t available but will get mad when you don’t show for your shift despite it being managements fault. Only good thing is 40% staff discount.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unsupportive managers
Good working environment .
Sales advisor and department specialist. (Current Employee) –  Hereford27 July 2018
Working at NewLook has helped develop my skills in customer service. I feel like a valued part of the team who is appreciated by my management as I always try to go above and beyond for them to help achieve the best performance for myself and the company. Working in Newlook gave me the opportunity to combine both my passions of fashion and beauty, which is something I love doing!
Pros
Working in fashion and beauty.
Cons
Long hours.
Don't Bother!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 August 2018
So I've worked for new look for almost a year and honestly it's been a rollercoaster. You don't get acknowledged by management for keeping the shop presentable and practically running the floor because everyone else working there seems to 'disappear'. The sale here is ridiculously big and sometimes you're expected to tidy it by yourself. No rotation of staff at all. You'll be on one department for your whole shift and if you're lucky you'll move after you've had a break.

Management change your shift without giving you notice and expect you to know so when you don't turn up they call you moaning at you. If you're feeling unwell during your shift you will not be sent home as you are expected to work it.

3 month probation period is rubbish, don't be unwell they will sack you!!! It's happened recently and it'll happen again.
There isn't a pro-life balance because you WILL BE WORKING EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!! The hours are great until they rota you on every weekend and barely any weekday shifts. Management will rota you on days when you are unavailable.

As a student they will not think about you twice. You won't be able to complete coursework well before the due date because they will bombard you with hours.

There's more but I think you'll find that out yourself if you work there.
Pros
Paid holidays, 40% discount
Cons
The team, management, long hours
minimum wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chichester18 July 2018
New Look provides a great environment to work in, the management are lovely and very accommodating. What feels a shame about working here is the lack of large contracts and with minimum wage you do a lot of work without much pay off.
the job is great if the people you work with are lovely, which they usually are. the essence of team work within the company is lovely, and team meetings are always more like friends chatting than an official meeting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
often out late
Suitable work for partime
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2018
Good workplace however the management are not understanding and do not consider other factors that affect working hours. Also are not understanding on when you ask for holidays as they select dates when you are allowed.
Best job ive ever had
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 June 2018
Loved my job at newlook since day one!

The job-
The job is fantastic you have a range of tasks to preform and unlike other jobs you are not forced to stick to one section for a whole shift
The training you receive when you start is fantastic and the management never stop helping you with your progress!

Management- The management at new look genuinely care about there employees and treat you as equals, and generally friends.
The managers and supervisors are quick to help you in any way then can (from getting shifts covered in emergencies to giving extra hours)

Love!
Pros
40 percent discount
rude managers
sales adviser (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, UK7 December 2018
management treat you poorly, don't care about anyone's well being they are rude and disrespectful. The store is messy and dirty hasnt been cleaned in ages.
Pros
discount
Cons
awful managment
lovely friendly staff
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wick, Highland1 September 2018
A great place to work my manager does everything she can to help me as i have learning difficulties and is so understanding. The other staff are friendly and it feels like a family we all work as a team. Great perks as we get 40% off and 25% for friends and family. A typical day at work for me doing the delivery is to strip the plastic off the clothes and hang the items on hangers looking presentable for on the shop floor making sure each style and colour is in size order then security tagging ( before I worked here I thought everything arrived hung and tagged!). The hardest part of the job is lifting the totes but I'm getting stronger. I've learnt to work well as part of a team.
Pros
staff discount
Don't be fooled by the 'friendly' exterior
Sales Advisor promoted to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 April 2018
Nice environment to work & they had a great 'perks at work' scheme giving you discounts and deals on travel, cinema & loads more. Learned a lot about visual merchandising when i was a sales advisor, which helped when i was promoted to Supervisor. Most staff members are young, including management, not sure whether this is good or bad, but it could sometimes be quite an unprofessional and nasty environment to be in.

Pros: Exciting chances to progress in the company, 40% staff discount & 25% friends and family discount, working with a popular fashion brand.

Cons: Hard to balance social life around work, stressful, last minute shift changes without notice, lack of training when starting out as a sales advisor. The company care a lot more about the money, not so much the health or wellbeing of their staff.
Excellent
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames9 August 2018
Management always supportive and approachable, others colleagues always there to help with tasks , good atmosphere, fast past two days never the same !
Pros
Great work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester29 June 2018
It such a great place to work. It can get very busy but it has a great team and management. Able to get a lot overtime hours. There are targets, such as new look cards and customer wow feedback.
Pros
40 Percent Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast20 March 2018
Friendly staff, the management team are encouraging and helpful at all times. Always try to work things around other commitments such as school or if you have another job. Good company benefits. Rewards for hard work.
A downhill spiral
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North West17 November 2017
I'll start off my saying I've worked for the company as a Sales Advisor for the past four years and this would have been a 4-5 star review back then.

The recent restructure of management by the company and treatment of staff and supervisors has been disgusting. Hard working staff kicked out and forced to reapply for their jobs on lower contracts (but still expected to do the same work load so working just as hard for less money.)

This on top of the cutting staff hours, sending unmanageable delivery load and unnecessary promotions has made the company one big shambles!

I have no idea what is going on in head office but changes need to be made before you loose all of your hard working staff. In my eyes the future of the company at the moment is not looking good.
Pros
staff discount 40% even though it has been lowered from 50%
Cons
9-3 shifts with no break
Retail adviser
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant2 July 2018
I was really uncomfortable with the work environment at the work place. I was only there for a brief time as I had a temporary position and they basically expected me to work almost everyday for 3-4 weeks even on days I stated at the interview I couldn't work due to my commitments at another job.
I found higher-ups to be some-what unprofessional as they told me to come in on more than one occasion to work, I would come in and I wouldn't even be on the rota so there would be nothing for me to do for the 4 hours I was there. One time they even gave me a task to complete and rather than having me rotate to a different position each hour like they commonly do they forgot I was even there and was stuck doing nothing for 3 hours.
The employee discount that I was promised also was never verified by them and even though I asked on multiple occasions to have help setting up my employee rota portal they would just brush me off to the point that I would have to travel to work on my (limited) days off to see a physical copy of the rota.
I would definitely never work for a New Look store again.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no staff discount, unprofessional-ism
Fun workplace, staff member were all friendly
Sale adviser (Former Employee) –  Crawley4 June 2018
working in New Looked helped me learn many different skills and different experiences. Working within a team, communicating to each other and learning how to stay calm under pressure.
Pros
Good Pay
Take advantage
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 May 2018
Managment arent friendly or understanding, rules arent gone by at all and pick and choose favourites with staff. Staff were lovely but managment wasnt and diddnt care how they spoke to their staff
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Managment and long hours
Fun and flexible place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Horsham21 November 2018
Flexible hours, great staff, excellent discount for staff members. Enjoyed my time here and would work here again. Learnt lots of skills here too. Great fun.
like retail
Sales advisor/ footwear specialist (Former Employee) –  Watford18 September 2018
like any other retail job, you have to do everything, tills, fitting rooms, delivery, tidy up shop floor, advise customers. I had a good team and was lots of fun but sometimes could be hard when there is no staff or big deliveries or sales.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
night shifts
Lovely Place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Devon22 September 2018
New Look Is such a lovely environment to work in with everybody so friendly and welcoming. I've learnt so much and built up so much confidence. I look forward to going into work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.