New Look Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Basic
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2017
You get seriously underpaid for what you do. You also get false promotions, where they promote you to a 'specialist' so you can have more responsibility and stress, but no pay rise. The hours are unstable, you may get 30 hours one week and 4 hours the next. I think this job is suitable if your just looking for a part time job to keep you busy through out the day, but definitely not suitable for career progression or actually being financially stable enough to survive in society without debt. The people I worked with were nice, but that along with the discount was probably the only good thing.
Pros
Discount (40%)
Cons
Everything else.
A downhill spiral
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  North West17 November 2017
I'll start off my saying I've worked for the company as a Sales Advisor for the past four years and this would have been a 4-5 star review back then.

The recent restructure of management by the company and treatment of staff and supervisors has been disgusting. Hard working staff kicked out and forced to reapply for their jobs on lower contracts (but still expected to do the same work load so working just as hard for less money.)

This on top of the cutting staff hours, sending unmanageable delivery load and unnecessary promotions has made the company one big shambles!

I have no idea what is going on in head office but changes need to be made before you loose all of your hard working staff. In my eyes the future of the company at the moment is not looking good.
Pros
staff discount 40% even though it has been lowered from 50%
Cons
9-3 shifts with no break
Productive place to work!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex8 November 2017
New look is literally such a busy place to work. But with a great team we always manage to get things done. I complain sometimes but I know I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pros
Staff Discount
nice team
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
NEW LOOK is a multinational retail-clothing company
NEW LOOK is known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers
Experience: providing excellent customer service to maximise sales; receiving and processing deliveries; helping to prepare season sales, designer collaborations and regular seasonal campaigns;
Working well in the team and actively supporting my colleagues
Wasn’t the best place of work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Teesside County Borough, North Yorkshire6 November 2017
Was ok first few months. Then management went down hill, had to leave. I didn’t like it so I left! I was sick of running about the shop because I was the only one who actually worked
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Wasn’t a great place to work
Great environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2017
Going to work was a changing experience where I met various customers and got to talk to different kinds of people. Although, it got super busy at time, it was the people who made me persist through my shift and gave me something to look forward to every weekend!
Pros
discount
Cons
push on store cards
Nice Place to work
Sale Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swindon17 September 2017
Nice place to work, currently not my ideal job anymore. Feel i need a career change. Staff a friendly and welcoming into the company, always willing to help.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire13 September 2017
Lovely place to work, with lovely staff in each and every store. Fantastic customer service training given if needed. The job gives a sense of achievement when making customers happy and fulfilling their needs and wants.
Pros
Staff discount!
Waste of time.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London9 September 2017
The only thing good about this place is that because they never had enough hours, it didn't effect your outside of work life. However for those of you that need hours, its not beneficial.
Pros
Doesn't control your life.
Cons
No hours.
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worksop3 September 2017
Ok place to work, some of the people are lovely some of them make you feel like you don't belong there. Good pay, good hours lovely discount on clothes.
Fun job
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 September 2017
I liked the people i was working with, so the job was made more enjoyable. The job itself could test my patience at times as there were of course incidents with rude customers, however I gained valuable customer care experience and learned how to handle situations properly.
Pros
Flexibility
Great experience.
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Warrington31 August 2017
New look provided me the training and opportunity to start my working life, gaining many key skills such as time management, customer service and cash handling.
productive and fast paced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London31 August 2017
Working at New look oxford street has given me an insight into how fast paced businesses work.The management are very friendly which make new look a wonderful environment for learning new skills.
Pros
discount
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hampshire28 August 2017
New Look taught me how to merchandise the clothes
Typical day would be putting out delivery on delivery days, serve customers, help customer enquiries and tidy stock on shop floor.
The management is good and also the workplace culture. All the staff are friendly and get on well.
Most enjoyable part of the job helping customers put together an outfit and the staff discount is very good.
Pros
Staff Discount
It's alright, not so good.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street23 August 2017
There was a lot of work for me because I had to tidy up a floor for shoes, accessories, clothes, etc. and put back on rail clothes or shelves.

Sometimes I don't like to work a part time with rotating shift work for 16 hours in a week, because I could work New Look on late night or early morning.

However I enjoyed to talk other colleagues when we were bored, and they seemed friendly, calm and humour. Also if I don't really understand what a customer say then I would ask my colleague to help them.

Furthermore, I have learnt specific shoes and clothes about size, discounted prices, and stock room. Also my communication skills improved by talking to customers what they want to buy a product and where they can find it in New Look shop.
Pros
Friendly staff members
Cons
Too short to have a break time and you have only one hour if you are work more than six hours.
Was never a dull day working for Newlook.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dorset18 August 2017
The management and store I worked at was great, I couldn't of asked for a better team of people to work with.

Management and staff members were always really supportive of one another and we would always encourage eachother to hit our weekly targets - and there was always great team work involved!

One downside was low contracts. It's difficult for people to progress within the company when you are working in store or even getting a contract that's over 12 hours, so if you have bills to pay the hours aren't reliable enough to get the same flow of income each month; it will diffur and you'll find some months you have £200 less than the previous because the hours have been reduced and you are on minimum contract hours for a while until some overtime becomes available..just something to bear in mind, and often our sale or promo launches would be incredibly last minute. Very unorganised. We would often have to launch them with a day's notice and have no hours to give out to staff for extra help..this would make our life's a lot more difficult and stressful.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Lack of staff/low contracts.
Sales advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire14 August 2017
It was very interesting working as a sales advisor. It was nice to work with and meet a variety of different people. It was nice to see all the different types of clothes and accessories.
Meh.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Braehead11 August 2017
I'm not very happy with working with them as it can be a very bad environment sometimes due to talking behind your back but the discount is amazing, You always get nice clothes.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Managment can be abit much sometimes.
Good staff discount
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire8 August 2017
Not an overly enjoyable place to work, very demanding, a lot of pressure to look a certain way to 'fit the brand', the pay and discount are pretty good.
productive and fun work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Petersfield, Hampshire6 August 2017
a typical day at new look consists of dealing with customers with a lot of requests and being able to make them happy. It is always a positive day at work with a happy vibe. the management are very professional and will help you out with any questions you may have. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new every day.
Pros
50% off discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.