New Look Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Friendly enviornment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of me being required to sell customers on the till or on the shop floor. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Not a fun place to work, little chances to progress in the store
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham19 January 2018
Not the best, but not the worst place to work, easy and monotonous work the same as most retail jobs, progression for male sales advisors seems to be harder than it is for female workers
Pros
good staff discount
Cons
not fun, too much expectation for sales advisors, unrealistic targers
Wasn’t for me
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London3 January 2018
New look wasent the type of work place that I felt in my comfort zone in… it took over a lot of my social life as I was working long hours with no break then the same the next day, I never really had much time off.
Cons
Low wages, long hours
Busy Environment in work place and friendly staff and customers.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield19 October 2017
Typical day in New Look was a busy environment, the most enjoyable about the job was meeting new people and helping customers with clothing and any accessories. I personally got on with all staff members apart from one member of management, I, not only have had this problem too from previous staff members. The staff members were lovely and friendly and so were the customers who came into the store.
good benefits but boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 September 2017
very boring repetative job but great benefits, such as 50% off.

i was only offered 4 hours a week. worked with lovely staff but managemnet seem very unorganised. I always found out my hours the night before i was working, even after asking my manager for them
Pros
50% off
Cons
hardly any hours
easy hours
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenock14 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at new look because all the staff connected on a friendly level you could talk to anyone and be comfortable I also enjoyed it because you had the chance to interact with the customers in store and make sure they had what they were looking for.
retail assistant
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire7 August 2017
Good job, staff and managers are friendly and nice to work with. Hours vary and may be given over time in busy periods like Christmas. Learnt a lot about customer service skills.
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk4 August 2017
I really enjoyed working at new look i was gutted it was only a chrisms temporary job but it gave me some really good skills and built up my confidence.
productive and friendly workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington12 July 2017
a typical day at work involved learning about sales targets for each shift as well as weekly targets, it also involved learning how to merchandise items in a particular way to appeal to customers. I learnt a lot at my time in this job including building rapport with customers and understanding the needs of customers.
The best job !
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames23 June 2017
I can not fault this company one bit. It is probably the best job I've ever had . Not only do you get a 50% discount but the management were fantastic. Always giving you a boast. Would go back without hesitation .
Pros
Fantastic work ethic
Cons
Store card
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire22 June 2017
Couldn't fault new look at all, amazing staff, good environment and friendly staff members who are all there to help each other and work well as a team.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
A long journey for a 16 year old whilst in full time education
Fashion and customer service based
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  UK, Middlesbrough22 January 2017
On a typical day I would unpack and stock the new deliveries deal with customers on a face to face basis, take in money via the tills and visual merchandise parts of the store that needed refreshing.
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford16 January 2017
I feel like now wothin working in newlook for two years I have only just found my place and feel settled and productive as a derlivery girl I get good derlivery shifts that I will be able to fit in other work and I get along well with most staff members have made good friends there
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
it can be hard to approach manager with pro
clothing retail
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield6 January 2017
apart from traveling I enjoyed working for New Look, I made some good friend's I learnt how to get stock out onto the shop floor fast.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
traveling and pay
i personally didnt enjoy it
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex2 January 2017
i did not enjoy working here. the wage was terrible and i was not provided enough hours. Although,the customers and majority of the staff were polite,it was not the place for me. this is a personal opinion.
Pros
50% discount after 12 weeks
Productive and Fun workplace
Circus, Retail Assistant (full-time) (Current Employee) –  London21 November 2016
I've learnt that working as a Retail Assistant in New Look is an rewarding thing I have done and I love moving around. My first reaction that it would be really hard work, but ever since working there it has made me feel relaxed, open up more, being confident and working under pressure, always doing something I love, and working in progress.
I enjoy helping the customers what they need and giving them amazing advice in clothes and accessorizes. Not only do I enjoy helping my customers, but also my manager and the team.
I've managed to keep the store tidy as I can before the customers come in, I've managed to deal with items not being on the shop floor and restocking.
The hardest part of the job is keeping in well paced. Another example is when both customer wants the same thing and we only have one left in stock, then it gets difficult for me to find the same item. However to keep the other one happy, I rearrange a order online or by phone, and let customer know.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the computers which I love doing and recording receipts that have been refunded or exchanged and when I'm serving customers seeing them happy at the end of there shopping.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
salary
friendly staff and enjoyable work
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester3 October 2016
Over all really enjoyed my job and only left due to the reason I was moving city. friendly management and lovely staff. loved working with customers and giving them a positive retail experience.
Pros
50% discount card
Cons
not enough hours
fitting room
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee25 June 2016
Supervising the fitting rooms
Putting out the stock in a an organized, tidy fashion
General cleaning and tidying
Answering customer`s enquiries
Sad and judgemental
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale10 May 2016
The Staff here was not friendly at all. I felt uncomfortable in the work place and sometimes was reduced to tears. I left due to feeling picked on to make me leave.
Great workplace, friendly staff
STORE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hamilton26 February 2016
A typical day at New Look consists of opening the store, sorting deliveries, serving customers, cashing up, housekeeping (tidying, sweeping etc), replen of stock, customer service and standards. I have learned how to approach people and gained confidence talking to new people. I have learned how to visual merchandise and cash up also. The staffing at New Look has always been great; I made loads of new friends and the management treat you fairly and respectfully. You feel like part of a family at New Look. The hardest part about working for New Look is never having set shifts; you don't know from one week to the next which shifts you'll be on and what hours you'll be doing which makes balancing home life and work life challenging sometimes. The most enjoyable part about New Look is the generous discount, the relationships with your co-workers and meeting new people. It's a great company to work for.
Pros
50% discount on clothing, friends and family vouchers, good work relationships.
Cons
Long hours, no break unless you worked 6 1/2 hours, no opportunity for advancement, poor pay, difficult customers, delivery load too big for one person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.