New Look Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Meeting new people
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride16 August 2018
Greeting customers and making sure their time spent in the shop is the best experience as possible, making them want to return. I learned how to deal with customers with issues regarding clothing i.e returns, size guides, fashion options and offers available to get the best value for money. The management don't seem to have much teaching ability to someone who has just left school and isn't sure of what to expect and do. the hardest part of the job was selling store cards as many people at my time in the store didn't seem to feel that was a great option. especially without proper training it was hard to sell a product you were not fully shown. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and a wide range of people. From school leavers to adults learning from people who have been in your position before and know how it works.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Short hours
First workplace experience
Saturday Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset7 August 2018
I worked as part of a small team which I thoroughly enjoyed as i was only young. The role was varied and enjoyable. Providing excellent customer service was of upmost importance.
A productive and fun place to work.
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Harlow24 July 2018
Whilst I was working there it was certainly a joy to be part of such a fun and motivated team and everyone around me was so helpful and kind, not just towards each other but also towards there customers, and it really is such a good job to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Different experince
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 July 2018
I did work experience in New look for 4 weeks and to be honest I learnt a lot. My knowledge in the retail work sector has improved along with my skills and growth of confidence.
Pros
theres always someone whos available to help you
Cons
short hours
Pleasant place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester4 July 2018
Started of a Christmas temp position and became a full time permanent role after successfully completing a probation period.
My role included advising customers of the suitability of chosen outfits, cash handling and window dressing.
horrible work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon13 May 2018
management was shocking and had such a negative attitude. This job was meant to be about working in a team and feeling comfortable but it was the complete opposite.
Friendly enviornment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of me being required to sell customers on the till or on the shop floor. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Not a fun place to work, little chances to progress in the store
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham19 January 2018
Not the best, but not the worst place to work, easy and monotonous work the same as most retail jobs, progression for male sales advisors seems to be harder than it is for female workers
Pros
good staff discount
Cons
not fun, too much expectation for sales advisors, unrealistic targers
Wasn’t for me
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London3 January 2018
New look wasent the type of work place that I felt in my comfort zone in… it took over a lot of my social life as I was working long hours with no break then the same the next day, I never really had much time off.
Cons
Low wages, long hours
Busy Environment in work place and friendly staff and customers.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield19 October 2017
Typical day in New Look was a busy environment, the most enjoyable about the job was meeting new people and helping customers with clothing and any accessories. I personally got on with all staff members apart from one member of management, I, not only have had this problem too from previous staff members. The staff members were lovely and friendly and so were the customers who came into the store.
good benefits but boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 September 2017
very boring repetative job but great benefits, such as 50% off.

i was only offered 4 hours a week. worked with lovely staff but managemnet seem very unorganised. I always found out my hours the night before i was working, even after asking my manager for them
Pros
50% off
Cons
hardly any hours
easy hours
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenock14 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at new look because all the staff connected on a friendly level you could talk to anyone and be comfortable I also enjoyed it because you had the chance to interact with the customers in store and make sure they had what they were looking for.
retail assistant
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire7 August 2017
Good job, staff and managers are friendly and nice to work with. Hours vary and may be given over time in busy periods like Christmas. Learnt a lot about customer service skills.
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk4 August 2017
I really enjoyed working at new look i was gutted it was only a chrisms temporary job but it gave me some really good skills and built up my confidence.
productive and friendly workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington12 July 2017
a typical day at work involved learning about sales targets for each shift as well as weekly targets, it also involved learning how to merchandise items in a particular way to appeal to customers. I learnt a lot at my time in this job including building rapport with customers and understanding the needs of customers.
The best job !
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames23 June 2017
I can not fault this company one bit. It is probably the best job I've ever had . Not only do you get a 50% discount but the management were fantastic. Always giving you a boast. Would go back without hesitation .
Pros
Fantastic work ethic
Cons
Store card
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire22 June 2017
Couldn't fault new look at all, amazing staff, good environment and friendly staff members who are all there to help each other and work well as a team.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
A long journey for a 16 year old whilst in full time education
Fashion and customer service based
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  UK, Middlesbrough22 January 2017
On a typical day I would unpack and stock the new deliveries deal with customers on a face to face basis, take in money via the tills and visual merchandise parts of the store that needed refreshing.
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford16 January 2017
I feel like now wothin working in newlook for two years I have only just found my place and feel settled and productive as a derlivery girl I get good derlivery shifts that I will be able to fit in other work and I get along well with most staff members have made good friends there
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
it can be hard to approach manager with pro
clothing retail
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield6 January 2017
apart from traveling I enjoyed working for New Look, I made some good friend's I learnt how to get stock out onto the shop floor fast.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
traveling and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.

New Look Reviews by Location