New Look Employee Reviews in Stoke-on-Trent

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 1,390 reviews
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 August 2018
Great sense of togetherness! Long hours but the pay reflects the hours worked I suppose. The site is well maintained. There's plenty of diversity in employees.
Great clothes
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent10 July 2018
Perfect place for a part time job, no room for progression however location was ideal or a student and the shift changes are too common and sometimes changed the day before.
Pros
Shift changes
Cons
Great location
Avoid like the Plague
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent6 June 2018
A work place where brutal work place bullying and racism is normative. Staff are treated like dirt by their managers and supervisors and the whole atmosphere is rats in a barrel. Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Working there
Team work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire28 April 2018
I am a punctual,responsible person,eager to learn and to experience the experience for a future in your company,i am available to work both day and night shift and overtime if needed
Operative
Drivers mate/ warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent20 February 2018
It's a very busy environment fast paced and long hours but good pay, also nice people to meet. The canteen is clean and good food great service and attitude.
Pros
No free lunch
great job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 January 2018
This role involved using a PDA to locate stock, assemble orders and prepare for dispatch. This was a team role with
targets and deadlines whilst following company health and safety practices
Unreliable company
Care Assistant Residential support worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent7 January 2018
Worked for an agency. Work was great, not scared of hard work and for 12 hours constantly on your feet but that suited me. Didn't appreciate getting taxi there though for 3am and some times being told go home as not enough work on. Wasn't explained to what to do just given the machines and told get to it, which yes was ok but then getting shouted at in polish because you were not aware of what you was doing. I am very competent and organised in every aspect of my life so i do learn really quickly. I loved the job it was the management team and the staff that let the warehouse down. All the Staff that was not on agency and was on contracts with New Look complained all the time which was not fair because i would of loved a permanent position despite the rudeness and attitude of some.
Pros
Kept busy constantly
Cons
Staff there
New Look.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent5 January 2018
Would start at 6am, clock on the machine, work on my work station which I would have being assigned too, carry out all my work duties, sorting and boxing into containers for store shipments. clock of at 6pm ready for the next 12 hour shift.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Temporary.
rude
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2017
terrible place to work they mess you around with wages they speak to you like a peice of dirt on the bottom of there shoe will never work or advise anyone to work here
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire31 October 2017
If you like being treated like piece of trash than it's just a perfect place for you. It was definitely the worst place I've ever worked in and would never want to relive it again. First of all management/ team leaders feel very much above everyone else and treat you like you are their property... Once my packing performance was low so the team leader started shouting at me in front of 60 other people ! You will be doing one thing for 12 hours a day so better get prepared mentally as after a few days you starts to feel like a robot. Great thing is that no-one knows peoples' names and they call you by your number, I guess there is only one other place that did that which cones to mind...
Hours are difficult l, but the anount of brakes and "no sitting" rule are worse.
Some collegues are great but the others will go to team leaders to tell on you when you for ex. are speaking to your collegue during shift... It's worse than a kindergarden . If you have sny other choice I highly reccommend staying away from this place
Pros
Cons
Attitude, atmosphere, hours
Fun to work
wharehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire11 September 2017
Great team . It was easy to learn because I had my previous experience . Long hours ( 12 hours shift ) and I had to work very fast and efficient. It was a great opportunity for me to develope my skills.
Fun job
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 September 2017
I liked the people i was working with, so the job was made more enjoyable. The job itself could test my patience at times as there were of course incidents with rude customers, however I gained valuable customer care experience and learned how to handle situations properly.
Pros
Flexibility
A clean well managed warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 June 2017
A clean well managed warehouse with high demands but realistic targets set daily, a secure job with great satisfaction and acknowledgement of a job done well.
Easy Work, but alot of people back stabbing
Warehouse Colleague (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 June 2017
The work was easy and training was relevantly easy to pick up.

The management on the other side were always so picky.
It is a 24/7-365 days working environment but the bosses (who just push pens and sit drinking tea/coffee always expect the place to be spotless..... You're team would receive a snotty email regards the smallest piece of rubbish on the floor with a photo and basically getting told to sort it!

Also higher ranked colleagues seem to grass you up for the smallest of things so they can get 'brownie' points for doing it.

Also some of the colleagues that work there are so childish its unbelievable, people getting reported and actually losing jobs because of alleged bullying even though it is just strict management when people didnt do the jobs correctly and you are always going back correcting mistakes.
Pros
Easy Work - progressive pay levels
Cons
Snotty Management, Pathetic colleagues
Helpful management
Click and Collect (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire4 February 2017
My time at NewLook has been great as I have had the opportunity to see many sides of the business, I have gone from Store to Support centre which also includes dealing with the warehouse and the Eccom part of the business and now have a full understanding of not only how operations work but why and how different aspects have to be completed in a particular way in order for it to run smoothly giving a great outcome for both the business and the end customer.

My customers are not just external but also internal, I have a responsibility to maintain a great working relationship with other departments and stores to ensure 100% communication is made and understood by all.

I really enjoy the role as I have had the opportunity to form working relationships with great people and it has been a pleasure to work with them.
Pros
Great discount, Excellent Management
Cons
Shift work
good
Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 February 2017
great place to work, people are lovely both work people and staff, great benefits 50% of clothes. cant fault the place really just want a change.
Pros
discount
Terrible management / amazing staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent3 November 2016
Unfortunately the store manger can make your life very hard, shes not approachable, she will be bitter, spiteful & never give praise & will be little you to make herself feel better. On the other hand, the team of staff are hardworking, friendly, encouraging of each other and make the job worth while.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Terrible management
My job
Warehouse Operative Wrehouse coleague (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent21 August 2016
I like my job, i like the work in the warehouse, i working for New Look now but i need to change my job because my boyfriend still working in Aberdeen and he has 10 years here !
new look warehouse lymedale
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent17 April 2016
very bad management , not fair with everyone , they just treat well who they like even your a good worker if they dont like you you dont get any chance of progress
Productive Warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent4 March 2016
I liked this job because i learn a lot and each day i was doing new things from hanging picking to packing and having fun in the same time.
Pros
Brakes every 3 hours and cheaper lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.