New Look Employee Reviews in Stoke-on-Trent

Unreliable company
Care Assistant Residential support worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent7 January 2018
Worked for an agency. Work was great, not scared of hard work and for 12 hours constantly on your feet but that suited me. Didn't appreciate getting taxi there though for 3am and some times being told go home as not enough work on. Wasn't explained to what to do just given the machines and told get to it, which yes was ok but then getting shouted at in polish because you were not aware of what you was doing. I am very competent and organised in every aspect of my life so i do learn really quickly. I loved the job it was the management team and the staff that let the warehouse down. All the Staff that was not on agency and was on contracts with New Look complained all the time which was not fair because i would of loved a permanent position despite the rudeness and attitude of some.
Pros
Kept busy constantly
Cons
Staff there
rude
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2017
terrible place to work they mess you around with wages they speak to you like a peice of dirt on the bottom of there shoe will never work or advise anyone to work here
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire31 October 2017
If you like being treated like piece of trash than it's just a perfect place for you. It was definitely the worst place I've ever worked in and would never want to relive it again. First of all management/ team leaders feel very much above everyone else and treat you like you are their property... Once my packing performance was low so the team leader started shouting at me in front of 60 other people ! You will be doing one thing for 12 hours a day so better get prepared mentally as after a few days you starts to feel like a robot. Great thing is that no-one knows peoples' names and they call you by your number, I guess there is only one other place that did that which cones to mind...
Hours are difficult l, but the anount of brakes and "no sitting" rule are worse.
Some collegues are great but the others will go to team leaders to tell on you when you for ex. are speaking to your collegue during shift... It's worse than a kindergarden . If you have sny other choice I highly reccommend staying away from this place
Pros
Cons
Attitude, atmosphere, hours
Fun to work
wharehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire11 September 2017
Great team . It was easy to learn because I had my previous experience . Long hours ( 12 hours shift ) and I had to work very fast and efficient. It was a great opportunity for me to develope my skills.
Fun job
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 September 2017
I liked the people i was working with, so the job was made more enjoyable. The job itself could test my patience at times as there were of course incidents with rude customers, however I gained valuable customer care experience and learned how to handle situations properly.
Pros
Flexibility
A clean well managed warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 June 2017
A clean well managed warehouse with high demands but realistic targets set daily, a secure job with great satisfaction and acknowledgement of a job done well.
Easy Work, but alot of people back stabbing
Warehouse Colleague (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 June 2017
The work was easy and training was relevantly easy to pick up.

The management on the other side were always so picky.
It is a 24/7-365 days working environment but the bosses (who just push pens and sit drinking tea/coffee always expect the place to be spotless..... You're team would receive a snotty email regards the smallest piece of rubbish on the floor with a photo and basically getting told to sort it!

Also higher ranked colleagues seem to grass you up for the smallest of things so they can get 'brownie' points for doing it.

Also some of the colleagues that work there are so childish its unbelievable, people getting reported and actually losing jobs because of alleged bullying even though it is just strict management when people didnt do the jobs correctly and you are always going back correcting mistakes.
Pros
Easy Work - progressive pay levels
Cons
Snotty Management, Pathetic colleagues
Helpful management
Click and Collect (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire4 February 2017
My time at NewLook has been great as I have had the opportunity to see many sides of the business, I have gone from Store to Support centre which also includes dealing with the warehouse and the Eccom part of the business and now have a full understanding of not only how operations work but why and how different aspects have to be completed in a particular way in order for it to run smoothly giving a great outcome for both the business and the end customer.

My customers are not just external but also internal, I have a responsibility to maintain a great working relationship with other departments and stores to ensure 100% communication is made and understood by all.

I really enjoy the role as I have had the opportunity to form working relationships with great people and it has been a pleasure to work with them.
Pros
Great discount, Excellent Management
Cons
Shift work
good
Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire3 February 2017
great place to work, people are lovely both work people and staff, great benefits 50% of clothes. cant fault the place really just want a change.
Pros
discount
Terrible management / amazing staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent3 November 2016
Unfortunately the store manger can make your life very hard, shes not approachable, she will be bitter, spiteful & never give praise & will be little you to make herself feel better. On the other hand, the team of staff are hardworking, friendly, encouraging of each other and make the job worth while.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Terrible management
My job
Warehouse Operative Wrehouse coleague (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent21 August 2016
I like my job, i like the work in the warehouse, i working for New Look now but i need to change my job because my boyfriend still working in Aberdeen and he has 10 years here !
new look warehouse lymedale
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent17 April 2016
very bad management , not fair with everyone , they just treat well who they like even your a good worker if they dont like you you dont get any chance of progress
Productive Warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent4 March 2016
I liked this job because i learn a lot and each day i was doing new things from hanging picking to packing and having fun in the same time.
Pros
Brakes every 3 hours and cheaper lunch.
firma ktora typuje niektorych pracownikow
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG23 August 2015
rano przychodzac do pracy dostalem od team leadera polecenie na jakiej zonie mam pracowac dbalem o porzadek na zonie mialem trzy przerwy sniadaniowe dwie po 15 min jedna 30 pracowale dni potem dwa dni wolne
Pros
czasami over time
Cons
malo godzin
Fun workplace
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  stoke-on-trent9 March 2015
the shifts were 6-6 but the co-workers made it a fun place to be so that the time flew by and was wasy to cope with. sorting the parcels into the individual stores was the most difficult part of the job as it took the most time. the whole job was fun as even though it was hard working, it was enjoyable and the co-workers made it even more enjoyable.
Pros
good pay, enjoyed the job
fun work place
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG14 February 2015
12 hour shifts four days a week
I learned how to unload stock,how to check the stock, how to check the labels are correct.
i got on with all my co-workers,
the hardest part of the job was the keeping the time basis accurate.
i enjoyed every part of the job,
Pros
learn new things qucikly.
Cons
long hours.
productive
warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  stoke on trent25 January 2015
1. some days are very typical because of heavy work.
2. the job is very busy at festival days.
3.co-workers are very good.
4.12 hours continuous shift with one hour break.
5.week days are very busy.
Pros
sometimes easy work
Cons
minimum basic salary and long hours
friendly invomerment to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG20 January 2015
very polite workers good to work with good at timekeeping and good rates of pay. when you go for brakes you have access to a clean and tidy place to eat with cheap food for all staff and a free drinks machine witch you can grab your self a coffee
Pros
free cuppa at brakes for staff and cheap meals
Cons
12hour shifts 4 on 3 for your shift patten
working at new look
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  stoke on trent.4 January 2015
the shift was to long doing nothing but waiting for pick sheets to come out when you are doing a 12 hour shift it is best to keep urself busy to make the time go faster .
Wow
Warehouse Colleague (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG1 November 2014
It is great job opportunity for those than need a decent job and therefore it is a life saver for many families in stoke.
Pros
good food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.