New Look Employee Reviews in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Found 54 reviews matching the search See all 1,447 reviews
No communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire31 October 2018
Not a good place to work. Don't get a great deal of training before being left to yourself. Hard to ask for help due to language barriers. I left the company due to lack of training and then get a phone call from management asking where I am as not been in work for 2 weeks. Like I say there is no communication at all.

Long shifts and painful on your feet and the boots they supply are no where near suitable so buy your own.

Canteen was good though and some staff were great.
Pros
Cheap canteen, some great colleagues
Cons
Long hours, unsuitable boots, lack of communication and training
new look
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire6 October 2018
new look is not a great place to work, that is why I am looking to find a new job with more suitable hours, some where closer to where I live and a company that would appreciate the hard work I put in when I am there.
Pros
working with some great colleagues and getting payed
Cons
long hours, management
tireing and low moral
Senior Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire20 July 2018
can be busy 1 day then nothing rest of the week i have learnt not much in the past 10 years , managment poor team leading the work place is every man for them selfs hardest part of the job is understanding the mangament thinking Home time
Pros
work patterns
Bullying is plentiful
Former key colleague (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire1 September 2018
Targets are a joke
Management don't listen
If you're on the agency you are treated like scum
Practically forced to take overtime , threatened if not can't believe I wasted 4 years there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire12 November 2018
Was good job i like work for new look I learned to work well with the team and the management was good for the staff I recommend working in new look it's great work
I enjoy working here but the hours are not enough.
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme8 April 2018
I really enjoyed working in a different aspect of customer service and retail. This gave me another chance to gain some new work experience and knowledge. As there are many New Look stores closing around the globe, this has meant cutbacks in staffing. As I am on agency staffing for New Look Distribution Centre this has meant a dramatic cut back in my hours, meaning I am not doing as many shifts as I would like and am willing to do. I am always keen to do overtime an this, unfortunately, is not an option for me anymore.
Ok
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme8 March 2018
If u want full time work all year round then no point working here after Xmas they lay most agency off and them who they keep only get 12 to 24 hours aweek for 4 months work load is really high for what u get paid as most staff struggle to hit targets pickers have clocked up 20 miles a day and still can't hit them most team leaders r really good apart from a hand full who r all on 1 shift
Pros
Free hot drinks from vendind machines
Cons
12 hours but seems to fly 1
What a place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire13 March 2018
Totally un fit dog mess of employers, sack you for anything and cover up bullying by their team management I would recommend you stay away
To many covered holidays for management
Don't get ill or you will get sacked
Get bullied for any disability or your appearance
Pros
ok for gossip
Cons
Totally brown runny stuff management
fun and friendly
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  newcastle under lyme9 March 2018
day to day running of all areas within the dc looking after upto 50 colleagues at a time.exellent place to work.enjoyed 10 years of service. just looking for a change now
Pros
time off
Average place to work
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire25 February 2018
Working 12 hours shifts in the warehouse, lots of standing and hitting targets. Not the ideal job minimum pay with one hours worth of break taken during these 12 hours .
Very well organised company
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire26 September 2017
Its a brilliant company to work for with great people. the managers help you to make your work life much easier. The shift format is brilliant and you make good progress. a great company if you want to climb the ladder.
Pros
good breaks, good shift arrangement, easy work
Worst job I ever had.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire25 June 2017
Soul destroying.
I would rather starve than go back there.
Treated like slaves.
Horrible hours.
Have to go through an evil agency (TRS) to get on, normally they have you for a few months then lay you off so they don't have to give you a contract and just get more people from the job center, really corrupt.
Companies like this are what is wrong with the country.
If you can work anywhere else, do that, working at newlook warehouse is bad for you, eats away at you inside, it's no kind of life.
Pros
none. none at all.
Cons
long hours, vile petty managers who all contradict one another and are on a constant power trip, the list is endless
stay away
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme12 June 2017
4 on 4 off 12 hr shifts nights, drained the life out of me. Absolutely mind numbing work. If your face doesn't fit then don't expect to progress up the ranks. Thankless and over aggressive management.
not allowed to book holidays over Christmas. depending what shift pattern your on depends what discipline action is taken, days get away with things that nights get disciplined for CONSTANTLY.
Pros
Cons
Loads
Productive and Cheerfull workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme23 March 2016
My day to day duties are picking items of clothing and accessories to complete the orders of customers which have placed online. I've learned many Department throughout the warehouse and become very experienced. My colleagues are very easy to talk to and have been very helpfull when I was a new starter, They helped to train me and I now have very good relationships with each of them. The hardes part of my job is learning a new department but I am a quick learner so it gets easier for me after a couple of hours of doing the job. I enjoy having pick races between my colleagues to see who picks the most in an hour.
good overall
warehouse operatives (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme7 January 2016
Good place to work if you need a lot of free time for your hobbies after you worked hard and earned your weekly money. Though the team leaders i worked with were kinda "dont care" attitude if you ask me. Also didnt offer me perm job after temp like they promise , even if i worked very hard to achieve >75% profficiency and even if i displayed my motivation by working 2 extra shifts every normal shift ... So expect promises to be in vayne..
That aside ill say its an excelent place to work , that if you catch a spot of course.
Pros
cateen, shift, easy work .
Cons
long hours, team leaders.
Excellencent working relations withe colleauges
Plant Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme22 December 2015
Having to Understanding and adher to strict Health and Safety guidelines.
Working independently and as part of a team to ensure as little disruption to operations as possible
Use an automated computer system to retrieve workload and ensure all time sheets are completed at the end of shift.
The most challenging part of the jobs was communicating and reassuring all the separate departmental managers that they would be up and running asap. As a fault in one can lead to consequences in another.
Pros
50% Discount Card
Cons
Night Shift
very enjoyable place to work made alot of friends
warehouse colleague (Former Employee) –  newcastle under lyme , staffordshire23 January 2013
consolidated totes, picker and loader. learned how to work in a warehouse environment made alot of friends working there as everyone was really friendly. most hardest part of the job was coming into last hour of the 12 hour night shift because became a little bit tired by then. i enjoyed the work in general and the fact that how hard i was working was being noticed by my team leaders and supervisors
Pros
free drinks and good bonus system
Cons
took me an hour and half get there at night and 2 hours get back home in the morning
An enjoyable working environment
Warehouse Collegue (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme20 March 2013
The hours are long (12 hour shifts), however, the way in which the rotas work are great for a life/work balance-working 7 days out of 14. The work can be rather monotonous, but as you're always busy, the time goes fairly quickly. Generally the people you work with are friendly and helpful, and you meet a plethora of people from many walks of life. Some of the management team were very supportive during my time there, and really listened to any concerns I may have had. I do not think any part of the job was difficult, however I would have liked it to be more varied.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
forced move from department
Awful
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG11 May 2015
Not a good environment to work in, long hours and expected to hit your targets everyday.

The company is not very good low wage and no bonuses for working hard and doing other jobs your expected to hit the targets where ever you've been put in.

I've learned how the retail industry and where the clothes come from to sell at stores and online shopping.
I realised people that shop online don't know that someone is picking your order and ready to be shipped out.
Pros
days off
Cons
long hours and expected to reach your targets everyday.
productive and fast paced environment.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-lyme27 January 2014
Every shift i clocked on bright and early at 6am, finding out the idea of how many orders are coming in for that day. tasking on to our department so employees are easy to find if needed, communicating with colleagues and tackling the task in hand.
I learned how to create vehicles to ship scanned order bags into the vehicles created via PDA's provided. the management were easy to talk to and very easy to approach if understanding was needed. i found the hardest part of the job was the shift pattern as it was 12 hours days.being able to communicate easily with colleges.
Pros
having a good team mentality
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.