New Look Employee Reviews in Newcastle-under-Lyme

What a place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire13 March 2018
Totally un fit dog mess of employers, sack you for anything and cover up bullying by their team management I would recommend you stay away
To many covered holidays for management
Don't get ill or you will get sacked
Get bullied for any disability or your appearance
Pros
ok for gossip
Cons
Totally brown runny stuff management
fun and friendly
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  newcastle under lyme9 March 2018
day to day running of all areas within the dc looking after upto 50 colleagues at a time.exellent place to work.enjoyed 10 years of service. just looking for a change now
Pros
time off
Ok
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme8 March 2018
If u want full time work all year round then no point working here after Xmas they lay most agency off and them who they keep only get 12 to 24 hours aweek for 4 months work load is really high for what u get paid as most staff struggle to hit targets pickers have clocked up 20 miles a day and still can't hit them most team leaders r really good apart from a hand full who r all on 1 shift
Pros
Free hot drinks from vendind machines
Cons
12 hours but seems to fly 1
Average place to work
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire25 February 2018
Working 12 hours shifts in the warehouse, lots of standing and hitting targets. Not the ideal job minimum pay with one hours worth of break taken during these 12 hours .
Very well organised company
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire26 September 2017
Its a brilliant company to work for with great people. the managers help you to make your work life much easier. The shift format is brilliant and you make good progress. a great company if you want to climb the ladder.
Pros
good breaks, good shift arrangement, easy work
Enjoy working there 12 hr shifts to long
Senior colleague (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire20 July 2017
They are not very flexible with hours, not enough people care about there jobs including management, which make it hard for me.Communication not good.
Pros
Cons
12 hr shifts to long
Hanging
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire4 July 2017
I'm hard worker and very friendly with each other and I always happy for my job And I learn so fast I interest people who have fun with me I galed to be working with amazon
Worst job I ever had.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire25 June 2017
Soul destroying.
I would rather starve than go back there.
Treated like slaves.
Horrible hours.
Have to go through an evil agency (TRS) to get on, normally they have you for a few months then lay you off so they don't have to give you a contract and just get more people from the job center, really corrupt.
Companies like this are what is wrong with the country.
If you can work anywhere else, do that, working at newlook warehouse is bad for you, eats away at you inside, it's no kind of life.
Pros
none. none at all.
Cons
long hours, vile petty managers who all contradict one another and are on a constant power trip, the list is endless
Excellent Place to work
DC Operational Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire21 June 2017
New Look has an excellent culture and is a fun and vibrant place to work.
New Look is supportive of a work life balance
Excellent team working with the company
stay away
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme12 June 2017
4 on 4 off 12 hr shifts nights, drained the life out of me. Absolutely mind numbing work. If your face doesn't fit then don't expect to progress up the ranks. Thankless and over aggressive management.
not allowed to book holidays over Christmas. depending what shift pattern your on depends what discipline action is taken, days get away with things that nights get disciplined for CONSTANTLY.
Pros
Cons
Loads
New look
Stock Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme25 January 2017
A decent company to work for. Started has an orde picker and finished up on stock control. As an order picker use hand held pdas to pick items destined for the shops.
My time at
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire19 January 2017
There isn't really much I can tell you all I can say is I enjoyed my time at new look but I wasn't there for long as it was just for the Xmas period I was only there for about 2 months.
Fun workplace
Order Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme16 September 2016
at the start of the day you would be allocated your area of work, working a 12 hour shift on a 3 day on rota. the work itself was very easy. the staff and co workers were very friendly and approachable. the hardest part was adjusting to an early start the easiest was the actual job itself.
terrible terrible place to work in
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme15 July 2016
the worst company and heath and safety i have ever been in in 20 years of various work no manners no respect and totally disgusting place to ever be near only good thing is work collegues are a decent group
Rinse and repeat
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme24 May 2016
It's the same thing everyday, it's boring, easy and not exciting.

Once you learn everything, that's it. Carry out work like a robot.

I've been with the company for almost four years, in that time I've seen the company go downhill in performance, quality, teamwork and communication.

There use to be maintenance days every saturday to maintain the machines, but now they are once per season. Because of that the machines keep breaking down, then we are waiting around for ages for the engineers to 'bodge fix it'.

Budget cut's have pretty much ruined the workflow and manangement turn a blind eye to everything that happens in the warehouse.

When the company has inspections, everything untidy gets place into a 40ft wagon, like putting everything under the rug.

I am beside myself and wish to find a better job.

I use to enjoy the job when there was challenges and plenty of work.
Now it is 6 hours worth of work mixed with 6 hours waiting on a 12 hour shift.
Four night shifts then four days off and then rinse and repeat.
Pros
50% discount card for use in stores
Cons
Poor management, poor workflow and poor quality
Warehouse Colleague (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme27 April 2016
Some of my bosses were good but I have a good team of my co-workers. They are very helpful and I enjoy the work along with that team.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long and continuous standing job.
Productive and Cheerfull workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme23 March 2016
My day to day duties are picking items of clothing and accessories to complete the orders of customers which have placed online. I've learned many Department throughout the warehouse and become very experienced. My colleagues are very easy to talk to and have been very helpfull when I was a new starter, They helped to train me and I now have very good relationships with each of them. The hardes part of my job is learning a new department but I am a quick learner so it gets easier for me after a couple of hours of doing the job. I enjoy having pick races between my colleagues to see who picks the most in an hour.
produtive place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG15 January 2016
Its a very busy place to work I learned how to work on my own also as part of a team my co workers were friendly and approachable. It was long 12 hour shifts which was hard work.
Pros
Canteen lovely food
good overall
warehouse operatives (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme7 January 2016
Good place to work if you need a lot of free time for your hobbies after you worked hard and earned your weekly money. Though the team leaders i worked with were kinda "dont care" attitude if you ask me. Also didnt offer me perm job after temp like they promise , even if i worked very hard to achieve >75% profficiency and even if i displayed my motivation by working 2 extra shifts every normal shift ... So expect promises to be in vayne..
That aside ill say its an excelent place to work , that if you catch a spot of course.
Pros
cateen, shift, easy work .
Cons
long hours, team leaders.
Excellencent working relations withe colleauges
Plant Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme22 December 2015
Having to Understanding and adher to strict Health and Safety guidelines.
Working independently and as part of a team to ensure as little disruption to operations as possible
Use an automated computer system to retrieve workload and ensure all time sheets are completed at the end of shift.
The most challenging part of the jobs was communicating and reassuring all the separate departmental managers that they would be up and running asap. As a fault in one can lead to consequences in another.
Pros
50% Discount Card
Cons
Night Shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.