New Look Employee Reviews in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Enjoy working there 12 hr shifts to long
Senior colleague (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire20 July 2017
They are not very flexible with hours, not enough people care about there jobs including management, which make it hard for me.Communication not good.
Pros
Cons
12 hr shifts to long
Hanging
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire4 July 2017
I'm hard worker and very friendly with each other and I always happy for my job And I learn so fast I interest people who have fun with me I galed to be working with amazon
Worst job I ever had.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire25 June 2017
Soul destroying.
I would rather starve than go back there.
Treated like slaves.
Horrible hours.
Have to go through an evil agency (TRS) to get on, normally they have you for a few months then lay you off so they don't have to give you a contract and just get more people from the job center, really corrupt.
Companies like this are what is wrong with the country.
If you can work anywhere else, do that, working at newlook warehouse is bad for you, eats away at you inside, it's no kind of life.
Pros
none. none at all.
Cons
long hours, vile petty managers who all contradict one another and are on a constant power trip, the list is endless
Excellent Place to work
DC Operational Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire21 June 2017
New Look has an excellent culture and is a fun and vibrant place to work.
New Look is supportive of a work life balance
Excellent team working with the company
stay away
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme12 June 2017
4 on 4 off 12 hr shifts nights, drained the life out of me. Absolutely mind numbing work. If your face doesn't fit then don't expect to progress up the ranks. Thankless and over aggressive management.
not allowed to book holidays over Christmas. depending what shift pattern your on depends what discipline action is taken, days get away with things that nights get disciplined for CONSTANTLY.
Pros
Cons
Loads
New look
Stock Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme25 January 2017
A decent company to work for. Started has an orde picker and finished up on stock control. As an order picker use hand held pdas to pick items destined for the shops.
My time at
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire19 January 2017
There isn't really much I can tell you all I can say is I enjoyed my time at new look but I wasn't there for long as it was just for the Xmas period I was only there for about 2 months.
Fun workplace
Order Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme16 September 2016
at the start of the day you would be allocated your area of work, working a 12 hour shift on a 3 day on rota. the work itself was very easy. the staff and co workers were very friendly and approachable. the hardest part was adjusting to an early start the easiest was the actual job itself.
terrible terrible place to work in
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme15 July 2016
the worst company and heath and safety i have ever been in in 20 years of various work no manners no respect and totally disgusting place to ever be near only good thing is work collegues are a decent group
Rinse and repeat
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme24 May 2016
It's the same thing everyday, it's boring, easy and not exciting.

Once you learn everything, that's it. Carry out work like a robot.

I've been with the company for almost four years, in that time I've seen the company go downhill in performance, quality, teamwork and communication.

There use to be maintenance days every saturday to maintain the machines, but now they are once per season. Because of that the machines keep breaking down, then we are waiting around for ages for the engineers to 'bodge fix it'.

Budget cut's have pretty much ruined the workflow and manangement turn a blind eye to everything that happens in the warehouse.

When the company has inspections, everything untidy gets place into a 40ft wagon, like putting everything under the rug.

I am beside myself and wish to find a better job.

I use to enjoy the job when there was challenges and plenty of work.
Now it is 6 hours worth of work mixed with 6 hours waiting on a 12 hour shift.
Four night shifts then four days off and then rinse and repeat.
Pros
50% discount card for use in stores
Cons
Poor management, poor workflow and poor quality

Want to know more about New Look?

Ask a question
Warehouse Colleague (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme27 April 2016
Some of my bosses were good but I have a good team of my co-workers. They are very helpful and I enjoy the work along with that team.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
long and continuous standing job.
Productive and Cheerfull workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme23 March 2016
My day to day duties are picking items of clothing and accessories to complete the orders of customers which have placed online. I've learned many Department throughout the warehouse and become very experienced. My colleagues are very easy to talk to and have been very helpfull when I was a new starter, They helped to train me and I now have very good relationships with each of them. The hardes part of my job is learning a new department but I am a quick learner so it gets easier for me after a couple of hours of doing the job. I enjoy having pick races between my colleagues to see who picks the most in an hour.
produtive place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG15 January 2016
Its a very busy place to work I learned how to work on my own also as part of a team my co workers were friendly and approachable. It was long 12 hour shifts which was hard work.
Pros
Canteen lovely food
good overall
warehouse operatives (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme7 January 2016
Good place to work if you need a lot of free time for your hobbies after you worked hard and earned your weekly money. Though the team leaders i worked with were kinda "dont care" attitude if you ask me. Also didnt offer me perm job after temp like they promise , even if i worked very hard to achieve >75% profficiency and even if i displayed my motivation by working 2 extra shifts every normal shift ... So expect promises to be in vayne..
That aside ill say its an excelent place to work , that if you catch a spot of course.
Pros
cateen, shift, easy work .
Cons
long hours, team leaders.
Excellencent working relations withe colleauges
Plant Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme22 December 2015
Having to Understanding and adher to strict Health and Safety guidelines.
Working independently and as part of a team to ensure as little disruption to operations as possible
Use an automated computer system to retrieve workload and ensure all time sheets are completed at the end of shift.
The most challenging part of the jobs was communicating and reassuring all the separate departmental managers that they would be up and running asap. As a fault in one can lead to consequences in another.
Pros
50% Discount Card
Cons
Night Shift
Manual, hard, detailed work, but friendly environment.
Warehouse Operative (Inbound) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG17 December 2015
In the past 6 years I was working for New Look via TRS Agency. I know very well the New Look environment, because I used to work on many different departments and I was assigned to responsible tasks. I will miss people working there, especially pre-retail team.
hate new look
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG3 November 2015
there is nothing to tell I hated the job from start to finish staff was rude sand did nothing to help if there was a problem.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad management
Productive anda fun work place
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG9 October 2015
The company likes to get the most out of you.I feel they dont go out of there way to help you if you have any personal problems but my work colleagues are good we help each other if we have any difficulties.Alot of the jobs we are given are very long and time consuming but they get done.We pick items and pack them also we despatch the stock onto trailers ready to take the stock to the Newlook stores.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours standing.
Many hours of work per week
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG26 September 2015
Best job if you do not expect high salary, want to do simple job, at least 48h per week. I used to work at department where could only pick items or pack them. Colleagues are best part of this job - friendly, helpfully and kindly.
Pros
Quantity hours of work
Cons
Very often underpaid
Soul Destroying
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, ENG15 May 2015
Worst job i've ever had, by a long way. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone no matter who you are, you can do better than there.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Everything about it, especially the management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.