New Look Employee Reviews in London

Good
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2018
Good company to work for. Salary could be better for the amount of work that is required but all round good company. Managers are good, staff are friendly.
Good company
Senior VM Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 October 2018
Good company with good work ethics, and a fun place to work.
From stores to head office - everyone is treated the same with the same focus and development given.
Culture is fast pace of change
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London and Weymouth25 September 2018
Fast pace of business change. Good colleagues and team environment. Many 'plates' to keep spinning in a demanding time constrained process. Strong Management team.
Pros
Good Social and team support
Cons
Holidays mean extra double workload and checking emails while away.
Motivating and Fun
N/A (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2018
- young and progressive company to work for
- Great after work life
- Employee care
- Clear progression planning
- Healthy work life
- Salary is ok.
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2018
Worked as a sales advisor, in various sections making sure the department reaches its targets, through sales and customer service. And playing a key role in that with my huge significant KPI that I managed to produce. Playing a huge role in helping the store to reach key targets with hitting massive KPI in all my shifts.
Typical Retail Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
It all depends on WHERE your branch is. I transferred and I enjoyed my former branch a lot more than my second due to management. Best part of the job was the discount. Great for part time work and if you're working full time be prepared to live and breathe New Look, it can get exhausting. Overall good experience.
Pros
Nice Team
Cons
Low pay compared to other stores.
employees are great to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 June 2018
There is a limited amount of job rotation which leads to boredom quite quickly
however the perks at work are great, it offers a range of benefits that are great for everyone.
The management is quite poor and they tend to leave staff to do the most work load which is quite annoying.
Shifts tend to drag and insufficient breaks are given so you're standing for most of it which gets tiring
it was ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 June 2018
maybe it was just where worked but it was not what they advertised it to be. everyone was constantly put under pressure by supervisors as well as many not given training for their required jobs.
A Friendly place to work
Group Logistics & Supply Chain Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Weymouth/London/Stoke21 June 2018
I found New Look to be a friendly place to work.They are a very forward thinking company and often put the employees requirements/needs first.

like all companies management varies dependant on the person. I found that the flow of information coming down the line was ok but when trying to report up the chain it was closed off.

Hardest part of my job was working across many departments as the company is very splintered and many of the departments work in silo's doing there own thing.

Should New Look survive this period of difficult trading and debt. I would definitely recommend them and would also consider working there again.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits, Subsidised lunches and helpful work life balance
Cons
work in silo's, communication only comes down.
Forget work life balance
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 June 2018
The staff is lovely and friendly, always willing to help.
Everything else though isn't great. You only get a break if you work more than 6 hours. And any ideas about a pro-life balance can be forgotten, cause management will constantly be changing the rota and f*** up your plans. I've had several run ins about shifts with management, and they're forever quoting the contract back at me. Pay isn't great for what is expected of you. Also, all the essential training has to be done in your own time, not at work, including H&S training, so make sure you look for the fire exits yourself, no one is going to point them out.
Pros
People
Cons
No break, bad pay, no work-life balance
newlook
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 June 2018
really fun atmosphere to work in. store was small so all the staff were very close. the only improvement id say would have to be made would be the wages.
Pros
people
Cons
wages
Retail
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2018
Fun and friendly atmosphere, managed to work my way up to management role, however there are difficulties completing tasks with the heavy workload and limited payroll.

Enjoyed meeting new people every day and experiencing something different every day. However, the unsociable hours at times can be difficult for a healthy work/life balance.

Never the less, managed to create great memories and gain experience.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
Low salary/heavy workload
It was good.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2018
It is good, I really enjoy working in New Look because it allows me to improve on so many aspects of myself professionally and personally. From handling customer queries to basic customer service.
Productive and insightful
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2018
The store was a great interactive place to work at as I was able to do a lot and achieve a lot. I was able to learn about clothing retail stores and how they are efficiently run
Great People - Confused Brand
Group Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 February 2018
Fantastic, talented colleagues who make the days fun. The company is in a real mess and its very frustrating to see. There are so many things that could help make New Look great, just a shame that it's been steered so off track.
Pros
Early-finish Friday
Cons
It's a hot mess
Nice staff, management was bad
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
good environment, management was unprofessional in terms of shifts, i feel you are taught everything through a computer which is not helpful or translate to real life experience
new look
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2018
Was a great, organised, safe and friendly place to work. Working in new look got me used to working fast but also efficiently.
I enjoyed working as a team and keeping busy with or without fellow floor workers around. I helped dealing with customers which helped build my customer service skills as all customers that had enquiries felt different and had different approaches to me depending on the circumstance/reason they needed my assistance.
Easy work, horrible hours & boring
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2018
I'm currently working at new look but continually searching for a new job. They don't consider other factors of your life and think that day to day life should be spent at work. For my age, I get paid well in comparison to my friends. My management is lovely but also give me rubbish shifts which are usually early or after college day hours which makes me exhausted. I cannot wait to leave.
Pros
40% discount, pay is good for my age
Cons
awful shift times, don't consider other priorities, they think your life revolves around newlook.
Difficult work/life balance
Senior Buying Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  London28 January 2018
Long hours but a lot of experience gained from working at this company. Progression isn't something which New Look is renowned for therefore it wasn't a place I would consider staying.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Great company. Great ceo and head office
Flagship Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 December 2017
Unfortunately I began during a management restructure. Very unbalanced and complicated environment but overall loved the company and if only circumstances with start period was different my future would remained at new look
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unstable management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.