New Look Employee Reviews in London

Great company. Great ceo and head office
Flagship Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 December 2017
Unfortunately I began during a management restructure. Very unbalanced and complicated environment but overall loved the company and if only circumstances with start period was different my future would remained at new look
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unstable management team
Lovely people, terrible company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
I have worked in several New Look stores over the past two years, and I can say that the people are truly lovely. However the company is completely disorganised. This is reflected in some stores more than others. My current store is understaffed, disorganised, and unclean - which is not good for health and safety.
Pros
40% discount if you like the clothes.
Cons
Too demanding. Unable to take a lunch break sometimes in busy periods.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2017
work life was too much to handle extra hours
salary was low for the amount of work having to be done
security was good always on job
management bot good communication
Pros
discount
Cons
over working
Great environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2017
Going to work was a changing experience where I met various customers and got to talk to different kinds of people. Although, it got super busy at time, it was the people who made me persist through my shift and gave me something to look forward to every weekend!
Pros
discount
Cons
push on store cards
Waste of time.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London9 September 2017
The only thing good about this place is that because they never had enough hours, it didn't effect your outside of work life. However for those of you that need hours, its not beneficial.
Pros
Doesn't control your life.
Cons
No hours.
Not considerate of staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London7 September 2017
expectations are too high for the wages you get paid. Head office and higher statuses are not very considerate of those working in stores. If you're a sales advisor you're basically considered a nobody.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
everything
Productive, has good staff, and given the opportunity to exceed to further positions if required.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 September 2017
It is very challenging working in retail, however Newlook staff have always been hardworking, able to overcome challenges, together, as a team. The most difficult part is telling customers that we do not do refund on sale items. This policy leaves many customer frustrated and annoyed.
Pros
Staff are enjoyable to work with
Cons
No breaks during a 6 hour shift
Good, but higher management needs improvement.
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London27 July 2017
The job is good, and you will always be busy, however, higher management does not allow time for sale launch or sometimes provide effective hours to complete it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work and life balance, higher management.
Customer Sales ASSISTANT (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  London29 June 2017
Really nice place to work, good management. the proper training is provided. the pay is also good. i have been working there for almost a year now and i can say i do not regret it.
Great for a starter job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 June 2017
New Look were one of my first employers, I have learnt a lot which has helped me progress through my retail life. A hard bit of work but all worth it in the end.

Want to know more about New Look?

Ask a question
Christmas temp
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london25 April 2017
I worked during the sales so it was very busy but the staff were very nice and the days seemed to go quick dealing with customers was challenging but a very good lesson
Pros
friendships
Cons
too much cleaning
Great prospects, poor work/life balance
Junior Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London19 February 2017
A great employer if you like 12 hour working days.

Great opportunities for progression and advancements, but very clique team culture can make fitting in a challenge.
Productive and Fun work place
Optimiser/ Branch Merchandiser Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 February 2017
Very lively atmosphere- great teamwork.

Fast paced environment.

Opportunities for training and progression.

Always updated about business development.
Pros
Discount card, events, treats
worked like a dog
manager (Former Employee) –  london13 January 2017
got taken for granted for the amount of work i did. no other manager was worked that hard, and i got all the agro. company couldnt work out my pay or holiday entitlement for months.
New Look
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2017
Your duties are usually easy during week days, however during week end it gets busy as people are usually shopping on saturdays
Pros
Staff Discount
Lovely Place To Work
Visual Merchandiser / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 December 2016
Easy High Street Brand. Big company. Great Colleagues. Never ending fun. 50% off all items including sale. 25% off for family and friends. Big canteen, normal shift patterns. Good job, flexible if studying.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Big Busy Store
not wanting to work in retail
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 December 2016
Nice people but never saw it as my permanent career. I had excellent results in company goals and targets and was always the highest achiever of customer satisfaction surveys.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
random shifts
Productive and Fun workplace
Circus, Retail Assistant (full-time) (Current Employee) –  London21 November 2016
I've learnt that working as a Retail Assistant in New Look is an rewarding thing I have done and I love moving around. My first reaction that it would be really hard work, but ever since working there it has made me feel relaxed, open up more, being confident and working under pressure, always doing something I love, and working in progress.
I enjoy helping the customers what they need and giving them amazing advice in clothes and accessorizes. Not only do I enjoy helping my customers, but also my manager and the team.
I've managed to keep the store tidy as I can before the customers come in, I've managed to deal with items not being on the shop floor and restocking.
The hardest part of the job is keeping in well paced. Another example is when both customer wants the same thing and we only have one left in stock, then it gets difficult for me to find the same item. However to keep the other one happy, I rearrange a order online or by phone, and let customer know.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the computers which I love doing and recording receipts that have been refunded or exchanged and when I'm serving customers seeing them happy at the end of there shopping.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
salary
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 October 2016
the work day was stressful also because we were always always running between a floor and another. I learned to be patient and to cooperate with my team, the hardest part of this job was to communicate with rude customers. But i also enjoyed the nice and fun atmosphere created by the team.
Pros
nice colleagues
Cons
stress
unhealthy place to work
Customer Service Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London19 October 2016
Low pay for such a stressful job. Chaotic structure. The staff discount is good though fifty percent off full price items.
Pros
the staff
Cons
late hours, poor management