New Look Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 1,408 reviews
Different experince
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 July 2018
I did work experience in New look for 4 weeks and to be honest I learnt a lot. My knowledge in the retail work sector has improved along with my skills and growth of confidence.
Pros
theres always someone whos available to help you
Cons
short hours
Best job ive ever had
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 June 2018
Loved my job at newlook since day one!

The job-
The job is fantastic you have a range of tasks to preform and unlike other jobs you are not forced to stick to one section for a whole shift
The training you receive when you start is fantastic and the management never stop helping you with your progress!

Management- The management at new look genuinely care about there employees and treat you as equals, and generally friends.
The managers and supervisors are quick to help you in any way then can (from getting shifts covered in emergencies to giving extra hours)

Love!
Pros
40 percent discount
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 April 2018
Great job dealing with different customers each day and helping them with their needs. This job is perfect for someone who is looking to build some experience with working with the public and has an interest in fashion.
Friendly enviornment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of me being required to sell customers on the till or on the shop floor. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Fun bit yerrible manager
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 February 2018
I worked here for a while. For me it was a long day as a lot of my time wasn't productive this was down to bad management. I feel with different management skills this could have been a role that i would have taken further.
Pros
Learnt new skills
Cons
Poor manager
Great to work here
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 October 2017
I enjoyed working here. Customers and work life was great. Colleagues make it fun. Management don't help and your hours can change. Rotas aren't organized. Throughly enjoyed it though. Great discount too.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 August 2017
Loved working at my favourite shop at the most busiest time of the year. The staff were all so lovely to work with and I loved making sure the public was satisfied with their experience in the shop
brill
Sales Assistant/Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 May 2017
enjoyed working at this store, staff were friendly, everyone got along and done their job, management were ok, cleaned store, stock taking, customer service and doing deliveries, then managed to move up section manager
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 May 2017
fun workplace
enjoyable management team
really good discount
affordable clothing for everyone bringing in many customers
friendly staff and customers
Retail
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 March 2017
I loved the discount and staying up to date in the latest trends and helping customers to the only thing I didn't enjoy was the management but that was dealt with
Worst Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 March 2017
All the management team care about is sales. They don't care about your well being, even if you are poorly. My contract was terminated because I couldn't attend 2 shifts, a family member died.
Average retail job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, Northampton, UK15 February 2017
Worked there for 4 years between three different stores.
Management can be very hypocritical at times but are nice as well. Just a very average retail job, keep the place tidy and sell as much as you can!
Basic
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 December 2016
Standard retail job , nothing spectacular . Job more suitable for student looking for part time work . Nothing much more to say.
First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 May 2016
They helped me with my confidence, with talking to customers and other colleagues. Training was good. just felt like because its my first job I didn't understand my contract and felt they took advantage of that by saying stuff like ''its in your contract'' so that is the reason I left and I tried to stay there as long as I could.
Pros
discount (50%)
Cons
ask you to cover shifts a day in advance, problems with pay
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 May 2016
The discount is probably the best part of the reward scheme at 50%. A typical day isn't too labor intensive and the job is very easy to pick up. Responsibility of a sales associate could be more but other than that the job is good especially for part time.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No break if 6 hours or less worked
Vibrant and Brilliant place to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 April 2016
I've never felt so welcomed and wanted in a environment filled with different people. I've learnt so many new things about working in a retail industry. However, the pay is really low but the experience is really valuable. My first job ever!!
Pros
half price on items
Great
Christmas Temp Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG11 January 2016
I loved working at New Look everyone was so friendly and welcoming and I learned lots working there! If your looking for a job starting out New Look is great and 50% discount is amazing.
Pros
discount is amazing!
Cons
on your feet all day
strict
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG18 November 2015
management c an be slightly unprofessional, contacted hours are quite bad, not a lot of consideration shown for staff and their siutuations..
Pros
50|% discount
Cons
bad hours
Good company
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 November 2015
I have learnt alot whilst working at New Look. It is a busy environment and all hands on deck job.

But i need a job between 9-4 Monday to Friday.
Fast paced environment
Customer Care Expert and Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  BIRMINGHAM22 May 2015
The best part of this job was definitely the discount that staff were able to benefit from. I struggled to stay on my feet for such long hours as at times you would be in the same area on the same duty and I would have enjoyed more variety. Helping people shop or find something they wanted or suited them was rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.