New Look Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 August 2017
Loved working at my favourite shop at the most busiest time of the year. The staff were all so lovely to work with and I loved making sure the public was satisfied with their experience in the shop
brill
Sales Assistant/Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 May 2017
enjoyed working at this store, staff were friendly, everyone got along and done their job, management were ok, cleaned store, stock taking, customer service and doing deliveries, then managed to move up section manager
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 May 2017
fun workplace
enjoyable management team
really good discount
affordable clothing for everyone bringing in many customers
friendly staff and customers
Retail
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 March 2017
I loved the discount and staying up to date in the latest trends and helping customers to the only thing I didn't enjoy was the management but that was dealt with
Worst Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 March 2017
All the management team care about is sales. They don't care about your well being, even if you are poorly. My contract was terminated because I couldn't attend 2 shifts, a family member died.
Average retail job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, Northampton, UK15 February 2017
Worked there for 4 years between three different stores.
Management can be very hypocritical at times but are nice as well. Just a very average retail job, keep the place tidy and sell as much as you can!
Basic
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 December 2016
Standard retail job , nothing spectacular . Job more suitable for student looking for part time work . Nothing much more to say.
First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 May 2016
They helped me with my confidence, with talking to customers and other colleagues. Training was good. just felt like because its my first job I didn't understand my contract and felt they took advantage of that by saying stuff like ''its in your contract'' so that is the reason I left and I tried to stay there as long as I could.
Pros
discount (50%)
Cons
ask you to cover shifts a day in advance, problems with pay
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 May 2016
The discount is probably the best part of the reward scheme at 50%. A typical day isn't too labor intensive and the job is very easy to pick up. Responsibility of a sales associate could be more but other than that the job is good especially for part time.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No break if 6 hours or less worked
Vibrant and Brilliant place to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 April 2016
I've never felt so welcomed and wanted in a environment filled with different people. I've learnt so many new things about working in a retail industry. However, the pay is really low but the experience is really valuable. My first job ever!!
Pros
half price on items
strict
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG18 November 2015
management c an be slightly unprofessional, contacted hours are quite bad, not a lot of consideration shown for staff and their siutuations..
Pros
50|% discount
Cons
bad hours
Good company
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 November 2015
I have learnt alot whilst working at New Look. It is a busy environment and all hands on deck job.

But i need a job between 9-4 Monday to Friday.
Fast paced environment
Customer Care Expert and Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  BIRMINGHAM22 May 2015
The best part of this job was definitely the discount that staff were able to benefit from. I struggled to stay on my feet for such long hours as at times you would be in the same area on the same duty and I would have enjoyed more variety. Helping people shop or find something they wanted or suited them was rewarding.
fun working place
SUPERVISOR AND HOLDING STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 October 2014
fun place to work great people to work with. sometimes there are very long hours and the pays not brilliant
Pros
the people
Cons
long hours and pay is not good
loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG1 April 2014
their were no 2 days the same. i learned valuable customer service skill and how to work in different parts of the department each day and what is involved in stock control. i found that everyone worked well as a team but also just as well on their individual tasks.the hardest part was leaving i really enjoyed my time their. the most enjoyable part of the job was you were always busy and learning something new everyday.
Pros
was very local to where i lived at the time.
Cons
their was no cons apart from haing to leave.
Student Workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham14 October 2013
New look was my first job. It was great whilst I was at college and university. It provided me with new skills that I never had before. A typical day would see me spend my shift manning the tills, handling cash at dealing with refunds. I would also do stock takes and sell store cards. I learnt about how the working world works. I learnt to be flexible. If I could cover shifts for people I would have more shifts given to me. Management was great. They would tell me what needed to be done. At the age of 17 this is just what I needed to hear. My co-workers were a mix of all different sort of people. This made me realise that I was not always going to work with people who were exactly like me. The hardest part of the job would be long days standing up in one position behind the till. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customer's.
Pros
Good community and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Shift work & a lack of hours
Productive, High energy, Friendly work enviroment.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG4 August 2013
During my career I have had many achievements including, Working as a sales assistant for top retail branches. I would relish the opportunity to immediately bring this level of success to your company.
Fun workplace
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham30 April 2013
A typical day at work would be working with the public full time, i have learned how to be good with communication an helping.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham8 March 2013
A typical day at work would probably be focused on staying within the same area and keeping it clean. This would also involve focusing on customer service. This can get very tedious at times. The hardest part of the job is around the Sales when it is extremely difficult to keep the shop tidy. The long hours and short breaks at New Look can also drain any energy that you do have left. However the staff are extremely friendly and management offer support to whoever requires it which makes it a decent environment to work in.
It is a big company so requires hard working staff which is understandable.
Pros
get to meet new people daily.
Cons
long hours with short breaks
work
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 October 2012
Not a very relaxed atmosphere, due to changes and management, a typical day can be stressful