New Look Employee Reviews

terrible
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Widnes25 September 2018
the manager at the time was a real dictator and literally did nothing apart form boss and bully people
the hours were terrible being that sometimes i wouldnt leave till after midnight
Lovely Place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Devon22 September 2018
New Look Is such a lovely environment to work in with everybody so friendly and welcoming. I've learnt so much and built up so much confidence. I look forward to going into work.
like retail
Sales advisor/ footwear specialist (Former Employee) –  Watford18 September 2018
like any other retail job, you have to do everything, tills, fitting rooms, delivery, tidy up shop floor, advise customers. I had a good team and was lots of fun but sometimes could be hard when there is no staff or big deliveries or sales.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
night shifts
fun and productive workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull18 September 2018
A typical day at work would be either on the till, in the stock room, cleaning the shop floor or fitting room.
I learned how to deal and communicate with customers.
Management were supportive.
The work place overall is a lovely place to work.
The hardest part of the job would be complaints or unhappy customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making work friends.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme17 September 2018
Productive and fun place to work
Great culture, fun and hard working
Great opportunities - always promote internally before externally
Team spirit - everyone works together to solve the problem
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 September 2018
Is a good company to work for so many benefits. Fun place to work for with such a great team and management. Enjoyable part was putting an outfit together for a customer.
fast paced work environment
Merchandising Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merchadising13 September 2018
All team aim for best results so typical day at work is very busy, lots of organisation required, lots meetings, little catch ups and trainings to attend
Pros
good training for new starters, fridays work day ends at 4pm
Cons
low salary
Productive and friendly workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport12 September 2018
A typical day at New Look would consist of many busy jobs, such as serving customers, helping them shop,organising and tidying shop floor and clearing deliveries.
Pros
Discount
Cons
constant cut of hours
great if you have right team/manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Goole11 September 2018
I worked there for 9 years & mostly loved it...however when you get an area manager that likes to stir the pot & a new young impressionable manager that's easily led trouble brews!
company on a whole good however they change there minds on rules from one week to the next!!
discount is great ...work/home balance is ok too
training is different in every store depends on management!
Pros
discount
Cons
manager/rule cahnges
Very enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shields10 September 2018
New Look was one of the best places I ever worked. The management were fun and not too stressed making the work environment better. Does get stressful but most retail jobs are. Sometimes it was very understaffed making it harder but it was manageable. Managements sometimes had favorites but the 40% discount was very good (sometimes 50% due to special offers) friends and family have 25% off and holidays are very good. Pay was amazing for people my age. 16 year olds on £5.90 and 18 years olds on £7.38. Only issue was that the rotas were put up very last minute making it hard to plan your life.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Last minute rota
Motivating and Fun
N/A (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2018
- young and progressive company to work for
- Great after work life
- Employee care
- Clear progression planning
- Healthy work life
- Salary is ok.
Great Store to work in
PA to the Regional Controller (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol6 September 2018
Collating figures for Regional Controller
Any day to day requirements she had
Weekly movement sheet and holiday calendar
Liaising with Store Managers and Deputies
Pros
Staff Discount
productive
sails assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian6 September 2018
it was an okay job just wish i had the opportunity to do till work as i mainly did the floor and the changing rooms i would've liked to interact more with the customers.
Pros
making new friends in the work place
Cons
too dragged out
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Workington3 September 2018
Very fair place to work with lots of added benefits including a excellent discount. Learned how the world of retail works. The only downfall is working a lot around Christmas time effecting your social life.
Good friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 September 2018
Working at New Look, has had its perks, like staff discounts, however the pay wasn’t the best...I’d be getting paid £5.65 an hour and I’m s tudent trying to survive...it was really difficult and I felt myself struggling quite a lot. They don’t listen when you give them the time your able to work and how many hours you can do and they don’t give you many shifts if you ask for extra. They are a great company but that’s the only fault I can give them.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Not paid enough
Bullying is plentiful
Former key colleague (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire1 September 2018
Targets are a joke
Management don't listen
If you're on the agency you are treated like scum
Practically forced to take overtime , threatened if not can't believe I wasted 4 years there
lovely friendly staff
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wick, Highland1 September 2018
A great place to work my manager does everything she can to help me as i have learning difficulties and is so understanding. The other staff are friendly and it feels like a family we all work as a team. Great perks as we get 40% off and 25% for friends and family. A typical day at work for me doing the delivery is to strip the plastic off the clothes and hang the items on hangers looking presentable for on the shop floor making sure each style and colour is in size order then security tagging ( before I worked here I thought everything arrived hung and tagged!). The hardest part of the job is lifting the totes but I'm getting stronger. I've learnt to work well as part of a team.
Pros
staff discount
decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith28 August 2018
they can require you to do more than your paid to do, and expect you 100% commitment and willingness even if you have other priorities.
Make good friends
Managers can be really insensitive at times
no extra pay for bank holidays ect
Pros
decent pay
Cons
over 18s = no break for 6 hour shift
it was pretty good
Sales Assistant temp (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire27 August 2018
I just don't care for fashion, but the over all impression i got was that it was ok and ok. please stop telling me to type more i really dont want to.
Pros
easy job
Cons
fashion is pap
its a job
Sales Assistant/ visual merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 August 2018
used to feel valued until the company started struggling but now the atmosphere is moody and its a lot more stressfull. they expect so much for minimum wage and hardly any praise from above! Specialist, merchandisors get same wage as other staff even tho they have double the work
Pros
40% discount
Cons
expect too much for wages