New Look Employee Reviews

Found 1,426 reviews matching the search See all 1,650 reviews
No life at newlook
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester9 November 2019
It you want a life outside newlook don't work here. Can't plan anything without rotas been changed every day. Can't plan anything in advance,rotas are not fair to staff certain staff have priorities
Good atmosphere
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich7 November 2019
I was at my local store from november to January as a christmas temp and I really enjoyed it. Pay was not bad and staff were all friendly. The customers can be a bit rude at times, especially after christmas in the sales. Management was okay. Easy to approach but not usually as busy as the advisors as they stand around chatting. Very very busy with constant customers on the tills.
Fun.
customer sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire5 November 2019
I liked working here as i'm interested in fashion, however it could get rather repetitive and that doesn't stimulate the brain but rather comes very boring.
Scheduled far more than contracted hours, last minute shift cuts
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bracknell5 November 2019
On a 4 hour contract I was working 16-20 hours a week as a 16 year old student - mostly 2-3 weeknights and 1-2 days at the weekend. There were no full-time staff besides management, most others were sixth form age. We were expected to sell store cards (very similar to credit cards) when we are too young by law to have one ourselves. Most jobs included checking "standards" across the shop floor, monitoring the fitting rooms and tills, and mopping the shop floor. Overall a very stressful job with little training for what you had to do.
What skills and experience I gained
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 November 2019
As not having any experience working as a customer assistant this was a very good place to start and gain that experience. As I was 16 at the time and was only looking for part time work this helped me gain skills like:
. Working well with others
. excellent verbal communication skills
. patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Do not work here!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex4 November 2019
Honestly what can i say about new look! it’s awful! managers are horrible, always laughed at me, disrespectful, ask for certain hours that you can do and give you ones you can’t do! as a college student i have 2 days off and weekends they either gave me lates or days i’m at college, they don’t understand you, don’t listen to you, honestly just the most awful place to work!
great workplace
Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire3 November 2019
great company to work for, great management, great support
great training opportunities to develop up and training courses
most enjoyable part is learning to work in all areas of the store
Fed Up
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire30 October 2019
was a nice place to work at first when I first started working there, absolutely loved it, now I am fed up with the constant rota changes, and when I applied I applied for a full time position which included working between 20-30 hours.. I actually got an 8 hour contract and work 16-20 hours.
Childish
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford30 October 2019
All collage girls there and everyone is on part time shifts. No one EVER gets their job done properly and constantly blame other people. Talk about each other behind each others backs, quite pathetic genuinely wouldn't recommend to anyone older than 16 especially if you have rent to pay ect.
you are just a number
Sales Advisor, Floor Manager and Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, Peterlee and Hartlepool29 October 2019
I absolutely loved working there for the first couple of years, it was my first job after leaving school and I met some great people. however, they then decided to re-brand and opened dozens of new stores which I played a big part in, travelling across the North East and Scotland helping get the stores ready for opening. This was an enormous cost to the organisation so much so they decided to make certain job role redundant, including mine, for what they were offering me to stay was not worth the money or my time so I took redundancy. Since then they have closed down a number of store, resulting in more job losses. They also reduced staff benefits dramatically.
Pros
Cons
the organisation does not care about its employees on the front line.
Friendly workplace, good discount
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis29 October 2019
It is a friendly place to work, management are friendly and understanding and when you are struggling , rather than belittled or punished management will ask you how you’re feeling, if there’s anything they can and help you through stuff, whether it be in work or outside of work. Staff discount is big, 40% off, but unfortunately targets are sometimes very unrealistic.
Interview process
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire28 October 2019
They don’t take people with disabilities don’t bother didn’t even give me a chance to answer all questions at interviews poor interaction covered it up with I was nervous really didn’t get a nice welcome
Not great place to work
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  London25 October 2019
Expectations of the employer is way to high l.
Salary is ok , but you must work delivery, shop floor and admin within your shift or you will be told off.

Managment is not nice. No support only expectations and high demand
Stressful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre24 October 2019
They put a lot of pressure on their workers to hit targets through, WOW cards, and store cards as well as how many e-receipts you can get.
Some but not all managers not very professional
Felt like they were too focused on hitting targets and giving out sanctions than looking after employees.
Made some of the best friends working there though.
Definitely an okay first job as everyone should experience retail once in their life.
Avoid
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wickford, Essex21 October 2019
The job was extremely demanding and stressful with very low pay. One of the supervisors constantly showed lack of respect towards the staff. Very unprofessional and rude.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Supervisor’s treatment of people
Good for firm part-timers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire18 October 2019
Management can depend on the store entirely so that’s just a personal experience. Work is tiring but good experience for a first job and you earn a lot of valuable skills. employees get discount so the benefits can be worth it if you like to shop there.
Bad management
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire18 October 2019
.Ok job. Management didn't know where to put me upon arrival of my first shift. They also failed to tell me much about my first shift and left me to it.
fun workplace
Retail Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braehead16 October 2019
staff made the shift better.
gained great skills
very fast pace
would recommend to a friend
but long hours
break after 6.5 hours, only half an hour
Awful
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent15 October 2019
Worked for New Look for 4 years in two different stored. The last store l worked at I watched my manager bully and discriminate a supervisor due to her mental health. I and many other members of staff complained about our manager to Head Office but none were ever taken anywhere. Her attitude was appalling, aggressive , and unapproachable. Hardly ever on the shop floor either. I'd work 16+ hours a week , she did 40 and I'd see her maybe twice, always in the office. Her approach towards her staff was disgusting and I'd never advise anyone to work at New Look due to the lack of understanding surrounding mental health.
Terrible Leadership
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 October 2019
Terrible Leadership. Retail effectively run by consultants (Retail Remedy) who make all decisions. Due to the business failing the culture is terrible with staff on the countdown until the business goes into administration.