New Look Employee Reviews

Found 1,243 reviews matching the search See all 1,431 reviews
Great work environment
Sales Advisor (Christmas Temp) (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands10 December 2018
There are some very mixed reviews about working for New Look, however it is very opposite to what I am experiencing so far.

Firstly, everyone at this store is very friendly. Despite it being a fashion store, they don't judge you on what you wear to work.

Secondly, the Supervisors are extremely supportive - including the Store Manager, and she understands that if you make a mistake, she will rectify it for you. I think its because I'm only there for a very short period of time though.

Finally, as although I am only there temporarily, I got invited to the staff Christmas party and felt like I was part of the work family when I accepted to attend.
Also at the end of the party, the Managers even waited with me when I was waiting for my lift, which I took deeply to heart!
Pros
Supportive Store Manager and Supervisors, Friendly staff, Reasonable hours
Cons
Hours can be long in the Christmas period, but it is the norm to work in the industry
rude managers
sales adviser (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, UK7 December 2018
management treat you poorly, don't care about anyone's well being they are rude and disrespectful. The store is messy and dirty hasnt been cleaned in ages.
Pros
discount
Cons
awful managment
Not the best
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 December 2018
My experience for working at New Look has been unsavoury to the say the least. Managers expect too much from you and if you don’t deliver, some get irate. Very cliquey with normal sales staff thinking they are managers and telling other colleagues what to do when it isn’t there place. No change - if you’re someone like me you’ll be made to do one aspect of the job all the time (eg. till) but if you’re in with the managers you’ll get moved around on to different jobs no problem. Will put you on the rota on days you aren’t available but will get mad when you don’t show for your shift despite it being managements fault. Only good thing is 40% staff discount.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unsupportive managers
Loved this job
SHOP FLOOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Penzance, Cornwall2 December 2018
Sadly the shop closed down if it didn't I would have stayed.
This job had so many fantastic girls we all got along and had a good time. The job was managed in a professional businesses manner.
Pros
Amazing place
Cons
Closed down
Loved my job .management poor.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, UK2 December 2018
As a sales advisor I spent most of my work day back of house, this was what I was taken on to do, main manager stressed every one out, she was rude nasty and in my opinion a very bad example of a manager, well being in house lets people down.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Stressed manager, making the job very hard and difficult
Great staff disount!!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim21 November 2018
Company is good to work for, pretty basic nothing over special comparing to other jobs. The staff discount I think is the reason the keep their staff for a long time, 50% off!!
Terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire21 November 2018
Work extremely hard with no recognition from management whatsoever. Management team are very unprofessional and are not welcoming at all. They are two faced and will talk behind your back. The pay is rubbish for the amount of physical work they expect from you.
Pros
new store
Cons
poor pay hard labour
Fun and flexible place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Horsham21 November 2018
Flexible hours, great staff, excellent discount for staff members. Enjoyed my time here and would work here again. Learnt lots of skills here too. Great fun.
producvive and challenging
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire19 November 2018
picking and packing products ready for distribution and loading of vehicles general house keeping . I learned how to work in a fast paced work environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire12 November 2018
Was good job i like work for new look I learned to work well with the team and the management was good for the staff I recommend working in new look it's great work
Good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead9 November 2018
I did enjoy working here as my colleagues made my experience memorable. In retail, you are constantly moving and doing something in store. I only worked 4 hours a shift so I had no breaks, but time does go fast when you are always on the move.
All-round awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex8 November 2018
I found that New Look was poorly managed and the shifts were always released last minute. The sales assistants would always get blamed for anything that happened - including the customers stealing items, even though we were told to let them go because our "safety" was more important. Twice I was threatened by customers while working there - the first time, i had a man threaten to stab me, and the second time, i had a man threaten to sexually assault me. I went home in tears both times, and the managers didn't do anything to assure my safety. I was paid terribly, and i was on a 4 hour contract, but was working almost 30 hours a week, while also studying at college. They really didn't care about any other commitments, and would be furious if you couldn't take a shift.
Pros
A few other lovely sales assistants, and 50% discount on products.
Cons
Everything.
Excitement, team work, enjoyable, friendly, fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 November 2018
Working at new look was very valuable experience In retail and as my first job, the skills I learnt at new look are important as these skills I can take through to any job.
Pros
25% voucher off clothes
Cons
No flexible shifts
Poor managerial skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Magherafelt, County Londonderry5 November 2018
Everyone in this work place is extremely miserable due to no managerial skills what so ever. Any personal issues staff members have is publised to the whole workplace. Favouritism also within this shop which is felt by everyone. Alongside this no matter how much you do for this place, it is never recognised nor credit given..
Pros
Staff discount, supervisors provide great support, sales advisor friends
Cons
No managerial skills, unprofessional, not confidential, any issues with staff publised, thr.
Good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire5 November 2018
Brilliant company to work for fast paced environment lovely members of staff and enjoy working with the public staff discount is very good and always up to date with the latest fashions
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No breaks unless working over 6 hours
Poor staff treatment
Staff Discount (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
Working for New Look was a great experience and most colleagues were friendly. Although it was clique-y and the management was unfriendly and unapproachable. They didn’t treat employees equally as they had favourites. I’ve also witnessed employees being spoken to in a horrible way. Even though the job itself was fun and you learn a lot from it, I don’t think it’s worth working for someone like that.
Pros
40% Discount
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 November 2018
I enjoyed working for new look and learnt a lot about customer service etc, however, the only problem to work at Eldon square was very poor management. Every time our manager got stressed she was taking it out on her employees, which was very unfair as most of us worked very hard and there was no reason for the manager to act that way. Another thing was that the manager wasn't understanding or trying to help, and to swap shifts etc because of an exam or doc app was always a massive problem and resulted in poor attitude from the manager. The colleagues were nice and kind and a lot of people have quit the job because of the rude and poor treatment.
Pros
learnt key skills and loved working with customers and on tills
Cons
very poor management
Suitable work for partime
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Warrington1 November 2018
Good workplace however the management are not understanding and do not consider other factors that affect working hours. Also are not understanding on when you ask for holidays as they select dates when you are allowed.
No communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire31 October 2018
Not a good place to work. Don't get a great deal of training before being left to yourself. Hard to ask for help due to language barriers. I left the company due to lack of training and then get a phone call from management asking where I am as not been in work for 2 weeks. Like I say there is no communication at all.

Long shifts and painful on your feet and the boots they supply are no where near suitable so buy your own.

Canteen was good though and some staff were great.
Pros
Cheap canteen, some great colleagues
Cons
Long hours, unsuitable boots, lack of communication and training
Difficult place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland31 October 2018
I found this a very difficult place to work as it felt like people did not understand my needs or abilities. I did however enjoy the job and what it entailed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.