New Forest District Council

New Forest District Council Employee Reviews

People that worked at the leisure centres were kind and professional place’s we’re very clean and tidy and it was a good environment.its been a few years since I see them all but would definitely like to see how they or doing and wish them well. Hope this helps .
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Travelling
I enjoyed my employment at NFDC greatly, some very professional and experienced colleagues, a nice feeling of being part of a whole, the ability to present alternative ideas and collaborate across teams. I wouldn't hesitate in going back there.
Can be a great place to work dependent on management. Good training and chance for promotion. Fair pay and chance to work in other departments. Due to staff levels being cut work load can be quite heavy.
Brilliant place to work . Lovely people, lovely building Parking on site good work life balance, flexi time, good pension great facilities staff. ...
The job was fine but working in a leisure centre the atmosphere is humid and i suffered glandular fever as a result . The management spend most of the time mucking about at the back office ,They dont support you when it gets busy
Good Job but salary low. Great work mates Recommend for anyone interested Interview was relaxed Only reason for leaving salary low for mortgages rent etc
I really enjoyed working in the Council Tax department, management were great. Work/life balance was good, did find I maybe was not paid enough but you do always get increments. Only left due to moving home. Team really friendly, customers not amazing but expect 'shouty' people when you're dealing with Council Tax. I cannot comment on other departments but this one was lovely to work for.
Mix of early and late shifts, varied work. Some busy days, some quieter days, easy to get to grips with very quickly. Mostly younger staff (18-25) in leisure centres.
Great place to work, people are fab. One manager was not my favourite person, very red-tape driven, but all others were lovely people. Unfortunately, NFDC are making budget cuts so job security currently not good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Forest District Council?
this is a job full of new experience every day checking cars for infringement of parking in car parks and street parking including stray dogs collection and fly tipping
Pros
very flexable
Cons
I’ve worked here for 16 years and reputable company. Enjoy the comrardry and providing an awesome facility for our customers. Good support services and pension.
Pros
Pension, paid on time, child voucher scheme
Cons
No performance related pay
public sector, busy work pace, very fast turn around, not for the faint hearted or the weak stomach, fitness is key, good morale in the work place, good hours.
it was a good work experience and taught me a lot about working with people and comminication within in a team to solve problems and become a better employee
Pros
many breaks
Cons
long travel
I work in a sheltered housing complex,my typical day is,cleaning lounge,corridors,toilets and bin areas.I also like to do coffee morning for the residents.
Good company to work for overall. Good holiday pay. Many different roles available within the centre and this means that there are opportunities for self progression.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Training
I have worked as a receptionist for NFDC for around 2 years and have rarely had a 'bad' experience. Other staff are great to work with, good rate of pay and communication is good.
Pros
Salary, co-workers, working environment
Cons
Employees views aren't always listened to
NFDC took a chance on me and out me through an apprenticeship which i really struggled to get, due to being a woman!! I had fantastic management team whom I would work for again. There's a general staff unhappiness but I think it's just moaning for mornings sake. Its a reliable and constant role, not much opportunity to push career ahead but for me it helped me no end.
Terrible finance department and atmosphere. Run by unpleasant management team both in finance and at executive level. Too many cuts to staff and services to the public.
local government spending cuts have led to restructures, management changes and staff redeployment, this is set to continue for at least the remainder of the current parliament. The council are likely to redeploy rather than give involuntary redundancy because there are a number of different roles you can do. Flexi-time is great, there is lots of parking on site. The council can be difficult to work for if you have worked in the private sector previously because the council enjoy doing pointless tasks over and over again like collecting documentation from tenants across several different departments. Policies are subjective and different members of staff can interpret them differently which can lead to problems. Management not always supportive of staff, join Unison if you work for them
Pros
flexitime
Cons
instability caused by austerity
NFDC used to be an excellent Local Authority to work for however recent major structural reviews have caused major upset for staff. Efficiency Savings have seen the loss of many experienced members of staff and services have been amalgamated. It is now a very different organisation to what it was. The people made NFDC an excellent place to work. IT systems are poor compared to other organisations. Remote working is hampered by the lack of IT tools to enable this to work effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the hardest part of the job is the distance between Senior Management and front line Officers.
Pros
Front line Officers
Cons
Inexperienced Managers
Great people busy centre always something new to challenge. Family friendly, new gym swimming lessons through out the week with friendly keen staff to make it fun