New Directions Education

New Directions Education Employee Reviews

Great work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallasey, Merseyside17 November 2019
General Teaching Assistant
Would have been better with more local jobs available as I use public transport last minute placements are sometimes hard to get to within time.
Working with children is very rewarding as it has been a position I have had for over 20 years throughout Primary and Secondary Schools.

One great thing was when you have the same schools as remembering pupils is important and also gives them some consistency.

Left because needed more permanent position at the time although will return when full time work is not required. As I enjoy being a Teaching Assistant.
5 February 2020

Hello - thank you for your review, we're happy to hear you had a good experience and found the placements rewarding. We hope to work with you again in the future! New Directions.

Guaranteed work with GPS
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Wales30 October 2019
I signed up on their GPS and was given work/offered work every day, as promised, with the agreement that if no work was offered, id still get paid (as long as I was willing to travel up to an hour). This was great, however, I did find that the majority of my work was 45-1 hour away, when I was told this wouldn't be expected to happen too often.
I was also disappointed to find out how much New Directions charged the school for me to work there, in comparison to how much they were paying me at the time.
The organisation of the company is great, and I found that the people who organised my placements for me were always fantastic in answering questions. The office team really are brilliant and always seemed genuinely happy to talk.
6 February 2020

Hello - thank you for your review. We're really pleased that you enjoyed working with our company and staff! We're sorry that you weren't happy with all aspects of the work and welcome further feedback if you would like to email us at customerservices@new-directions.co.uk

Great challenges for every assignment
Teaching Assistant/Learner Support (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 October 2019
given a good mix of schools, plenty of background information about the school selected for me, enjoying getting to know staff that I speak to regularly, assignments are close and varied, I have different roles each time, from learner support, assisting with running of classes to cover supervisor.
6 February 2020

Hello - this is great to hear! We're happy you are enjoying working with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. New Directions

I love the job I am doing ,it can be very challenging on a day to day basis but I am experienced enough to deal with any matter that arises
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Varies4 September 2019
Working for an agency gives me the flexibility to move around different schools and having regular work, they are very professional company with the offer of work every week and are always informed of any advanced work
6 February 2020

Hello - thank you for your review. We're really happy to hear you are enjoying working with us. New Directions

Very professional
Cover supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wrexham20 August 2019
Couldn't fault the educational department they have good contacts only thing is you have to sit and wait for a cover job on that day it sort of places you with no security .but overall the staff the timesheets and professionalism is excellent highly recommended
6 February 2020

Hello - It's great to hear about your positive experience with New Directions. We're really pleased to hear that you would recommend us. New Directions

Hardwork but flexible
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea4 July 2019
Supply teachers life, not knowing where you are going from a day to day basis. Long term posts are paid the same as a one off, even if you have to spend hours writting reports and planning as if you were the full time teacher.
Pros
Can have a day off when you like
Cons
No pay in the holidays
6 February 2020

Hello - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you work with us again in the future. New Directions

Great ethos
Cover Supervisor (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Various2 July 2019
Great company to work for. Very fair and very flexible. This was important to myself as I was studying at the time. If you are looking for a cover supervisor job these were the best agency I approached by far.
6 February 2020

Hello - thank you for the review. We're really pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us! New Directions

Good start, but fell through quickly.
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bebington27 August 2018
In terms of training and set up, it would have been nice to receive more guidance from staff. They would set up an online account on their site for a short classroom management course but I feel I needed more.
I started with a good work schedule, however this quickly fell away and I wasn't being given the hours needed to sustain a living. Eventually, they stopped contacting me at all.
It would have been nice to receive feedback if any had been given to the school if I wasn't doing the job well, but the company made no contact from me and there was no opportunity to raise concerns.
It wouldn't be the fault of the schools, but there was little communication aside from where I would be when needed for work in the morning and whether I could make it.
Pros
Great work if you can get it.
Cons
Lack of hours.
29 August 2018

I am really sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to discuss this further. Please get in touch by calling 02920827550, or emailing customerservices@new-directions.co.uk.

Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester14 July 2018
Work in various child settings
Support
Extra hands
Not really a lot of work
Offered jobs that I haven't asked for
Expect to be doing your own thing all day whilst you wait for a call
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Helpful in gaining placements for Support in Education
Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff24 September 2017
The company will try its best to accommodate your own personal placement preferences regarding type of educational institution, geographical area and frequency of availability.
Pros
personal flexibility
Lovely company to work for.
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cardiff22 September 2017
New Directions is a good company to work for. Lots of opportunities to work in a range of schools whether long or short term. They also have a range of ways to be booked for work.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Fixed rate of pay regardless of experience
Difficult career pathing
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cardiff21 September 2017
On paper the idea of being a substitute teacher might seem perfect, a decent pay bracket of 90 pound a day and holidays/ days of genuine sickness can be taken whenever. However when you take into account that there are nearly 20 weeks of obligatory holidays and that work is inconsistent and likely t stretch further than that and that all this time is unpaid and finally that these weeks of unearnings are sporadic throughout the span of the year which makes it extremely unlikely to work a second job during those times, you come to realise how difficult financially it can be t be a supply teacher.
Pros
Extreme flexibility
Cons
Pay scale has not moved in at least two decades.
flexable with worh hours.
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 August 2017
Help full staff always ready to listen to requests .
Great for choosing my placement and location
I don't drive and needed public transport.
My age didn't matter. .
Pros
flexable hours
Okay at best
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire26 July 2017
I found this to be very disorganised. Didn't really know where I stood. Have heard things have changed recently though and it is improving and getting bigger by the day.
2 August 2017

Hello,

We would love to be able to discuss this with you further.

Please get in touch with us so we can improve our service? customerservices@new-directions.co.uk

Kind regards,

New Directions

New Directions
Gower college LSA (Childcare Dept) (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 July 2017
work matched my skills perfect was able to work on my own pace as well as taking time out when needed. All in all, it was a really good placement the matched me up to and learned a lot which added to my experience
Pros
freedom
Cons
Milleage
Reliable
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff5 July 2017
New Directions is a very trusty and reliable agency to work with. Always finds you a school who needs support but doesn't particularity like when you call in sick. They are very helpful and some of the staff there are very lovely and nice to talk to.
Pros
Always finds you a place to work
Cons
Not enough money for the job we do
Plenty of work
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cardiff14 June 2017
I was fortunate to be offered supply work as a teacher on a daily basis. Pay was good and prompt and I never had an problems with the company. Always friendly and helpful staff in the offices too.
Pros
Flexibility
Experience
Supply Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 May 2017
If you are looking to gain experience in different settings with a range of ages and needs New Directions is a great way to do this. With an opportunity to work in a variety of settings throughout the week or long placements.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Not paid all school holidays
They like just to talk.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol7 May 2017
It was completely opposite to work for them than they said it will be when I had interview. They are not suggesting any development opportunities (just training which I need to pay for myself), not enough hours to work (I was giving them full days and they were giving job which I needed to work 2 or 5 hours), I needed to go to office 4 times to get my all papers done properly.
10 May 2017

Hello,

We are sorry you haven't been happy with our service. Some of these comments need further investigation, and we would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please contact customerservices@new-directions.co.uk.

Kind regards,

New Directons

Different types of placements good experience
Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham29 April 2017
They don't offer as much as they say they do. Be prepared to not have work for a week. Pay isn't as good as it sounds as they take a lot of it away...
Pros
Different experience
Cons
Rarely any work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Directions Education. Our community is ready to answer.

New Directions Education Reviews by Location