New College Lanarkshire

New College Lanarkshire Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Friendly atmosphere and amazing staff only did work experience there but everyone was very friendly and helpful. Always quick to offer help if they could see I was struggling.
Brilliant course which covered knowledge and skills that can be utilised in industry.
good learning experience , great college and nursery. Lectures great at explaining the criteria. always happy to help students with any queries or issues.
I currently work at New College Lanarkshire and would highly recommend it to anyone. The Coatbridge Campus has exceptionally friendly and helpful staff who are more than happy to help out a colleague. Don't hesitate to apply for a job here...you won't regret it.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Some managers have no management skills
Just finished up with college and haven't worked a job full time.i have been a student there for the past 3 years achieving my HND in Web development and digital design.
With theScottish Colleges being grouped together the management side are all fighting for their jobs and this makes for a most unpleasant working atmosphere. Very poorly managed
In general this was a great place to work. There are a lot of very dedicated and talented staff working there, especially in the Creative Industries Department.
The senior management team seemed to be doing a great job, although many of the middle managers seemed to be out of their depth and not very good at people management.

But, as I said above, it was a pretty good place to work overall.
Pros
Great teaching staff
Cons
Poor management by faculty head
I enjoyed my time here in the busy HR department of the newly merged college. Work was heavily transnational however this gave me a lot of experience in areas where I needed to learn.
Pros
Good working hours and benefits
Cons
a lot of fixed term work being offered
I studied at new college lanarkshire for 3 years and it has been a great experience and I have learned so much new skills and techniques including presenting myself as an artist and showcasing my work at end of year exhibitions.
Teaching students workshop based practical skills and theory based. knowledge of Heavy Vehicle repair and maintenance systems.
Carrying out Observations and Theory based Assessments of learners.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New College Lanarkshire?
Great atmosphere to learn in lectures very helpful and help with anything you have problems with. Students very nice and all work together with each other
I done NQ admin and It
it was enjoyable because i learned things i never knew but would also be useful in a workplace i personally think.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
I learned how to speak to customers in a good manor. The hardest part of the job was hard customers on the phone . A typical day at work was greeting customers, showing them to the correct beauty room , answering the phone and taking appointments.
Most of the lecturers are patient, polite, and friendly.
The students are happy to help one another with their work.

There is little judgement in the college.

I learned a lot about the subjects I an interested in such as software development and made a number of friends at New College Lanarkshire.
very fun and helpful place , lecturers and fellow students always there if you need help , great place to learn wouldent choose any other college
Pros
gain qualifications
Cons
distance from home
i learn social, education and social services in a fun and interesting manner.
the staff are all knowledgeable and very approachable.
The funding and support for students does not available and run the way it should be. It seems to be that the worse a person you are the more help you get and they make a home/work balance very difficult.
I decided to accept severance to enable me the opportunity to refresh previous financial and analytical skills and to challenge my ability in returning to education within the college.
Pros
Take care of there staff, prospects to develop
Cons
working late evenings
good college still attending doing level2 vehicle fitting princeples
Very fun to do and the classes were fabulous, i learned so much different skills while there , the peoplthere were amazing and very good to work with. the hardest part was the hours and the funest part was everything else really.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New College Lanarkshire. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5